Does anyone else listen to audiobooks while reading?

Does anyone else listen to audiobooks while reading?
> mfw trying to lift my body and my mind at the same time

Attached: PeskyImmenseBrahmanbull.webm (640x900, 1.71M)

no, I don't read along with the narrator because I'm not autistic.

Shut the fuck up faggot. Books are for dyels and women. If you even know how to read you're retarded. Proudly illiterate since 2004.

Attached: 1546901932452.jpg (694x810, 151K)

WHAT DID HE SAY?!

>since 2004
How did you forget how to read?

>listen to audiobooks while reading
you mean like with 2 different books at once?

Attached: 1480544569246.jpg (1536x2048, 408K)

I find it hard to lift while listening to audiobooks. I lose parts and need intense music.

Love it for cardio though.

I did an 18 mile run where I got through Borodino through the sacking of Moscow in War and Peace while I was real into running for a summer.

What a butterface

Same here. I can run for ages with an audiobook. Without one I'm constantly checking my mileage or calories.

Attached: Demi-Rose-Mawby-in-black-latex-showing-nipples-700x872.png (700x872, 484K)

kek

HNGGG

>illiterate
>currently reading and writing
Text to speech, user?

Her face is adorable. I don't know what kind of problem you have.

I listen while working out, yes. Most recently listened to "Why We Sleep" by Matthew Walker. Great book

He’s an edgelord neckbeard, that’s his entire problem.

he's coping

>tfw 2004 was 39 years ago

Attached: 8yGcAHV.jpg (800x612, 81K)

Have you never known how to read or did you specifically become illiterate 15 years ago?

how do i get a petite, pale, dark-haired gf? as soon as i got Jow Forums, i immediately lost interest in asians and im now infatuated with these kind of girls

I listen to Audible books while working out. So far I've been through "Plato's Republic", "The Way of Men", "The Culture of Critique", "Starship Troopers", "12 Rules for Life", "HP Lovecraft, the Complete Omnibus", "Tides of War", "Mein Kampf", "One Second After", "The Martian", "The Road" and the entire "299 Days" series in a few months.

It's not better than reading a book, but at least I'm "getting learned" while working out.

obviously grow a huge ponytail and go to comic conventions

>Culture of Critique audiobook
really?

That one I read normally along with the Way of Men. I got a bit carried away when I started listing books lol.

I can add a screencap from my Audible library as well, if you like.

Attached: 2019-01-13 06.29.28.jpg (3264x1836, 1.34M)

i believe you i dont give a shit. i just want culture of critique in audio book format so i can give it to my dad

Total Recall (Arnie's Biography)
He really is as amazing as the boomers say

>mein kampf
>culture of critique

lmao dude epic you are so fucking based

people are reading culture of critique

Well, you could always record yourself reading it :p I get what you mean, though. I would much prefer having some Jow Forums essential reading in audio format as well, as it's much less "in your face" when trying to ingest it in public.

I like subtitles

I'm ashamed to admit it, but yes.

I listen to the audiobook while reading the same book backwards so I finish in half the time.

Use Balabolka. It's a text-to-speech application that you can make into audio files.

sauce on this cosplay?

Average AF face. I think women who cosplay either got overlooked in highschool and want an excuse to show off their body as a cope or actually are Stacey tier and just want some quick cash. Anyway yes I listen to audiobooks whilst I lift. Right now I'm listening to the shadow over innsmouth read by Wayne June.

>Not bloatmaxxing so you can double-mog normalfags by being swole whilst reading mein kampf in extra large print hardback edition in public

i listen to audiobooks at work. Theyre great to pass time (i do really repetitive work) but i have to say with audiobooks pretty much nothing goes into my permanent memory. I listened to The great courses lectures on things like Ancient rome or the crusades and i enjoyed listening to them but fuck me if u ask me what i can recall

>tfw never made a girl laugh

>listen to audiobooks while reading
That's some fucking next level shit

how do you not lose parts when running?

I'm doing this exact thing at work but I'm having a little more luck retaining info.
I think what helps is I'm building on what I learned in a previous lecture in the next.
>start with Edith Hamilton's Mythology
>Great Courses lecture "Classical Mythology"
>Great Courses lecture "Famous Greeks"
>lecture on Homer's Illiad
>Illiad audiobook
There's overlap which reinforces what I've already learned but I'm still learning new things as I go along. Taking notes (even if it's writing down names) helps greatly as well.

You do. You repeat listen to same books, helps retention. I only listen to foreign-language books esp. when working on my listening comprehension though, YMMV.

sauce a bawz on this

people are reading culture of critique

I do Sudoku inbetween sets

Yes, but only books I don't love. Since retention is poor doing an audiobook of a fantastic novel is doing yourself a disservice if you would actually spend the time to read it - which I would.

Right now I'm about 25% of the way through '1q84'. It's okay but so fucking slow.

1.6x speed baybee

Hes an incel

Look, you can like that if you want. Her body is slamming, but that face looks like it was pulled off a goblin model from some vidya

If I have the time to devote my hands, eyes, and mind to a book, there are hundreds of better things I could do. Audiobooks are perfect for any time I can spare my ears and my mind, but my hands and eyes are busy.
If you can't maintain concentration, that's your deficiency.

Attached: tumblr_mr4r2mMdmh1sqf5tdo9_1280.jpg (830x1280, 124K)

HOW DO GIRLS THAT SKINNY GET BOOBS THAT BIG

Virgin lit you got there

I completely agree about making mind and body gains at the same time but instead of audiobooks I listen to podcasts, tons of them.

They were a life changer desu. Definitely learned more through them in a year than I did with books all my life, because I'm too lazy and unfocused to read. I listen to podcasts about history, philosophy, politics and military shit mainly, but I'll listen to the occasional comedy/talk podcasts so I can steal the hosts' jokes, takes and stories and pass them as my own to clueless normies at work and uni. So I'm even making social gains really.

Attached: yvtj3gnvfa521.jpg (640x691, 57K)

if you use ear plugs you can listen to 2 audio books at the same time while reading.

nice picture user. i wish i knew what you wrote but i cant into reading

Attached: 26073253_388757364869505_116642562910978048_n.jpg (1080x1225, 105K)

Sometimes, it depends on the intensity of my workout. I like to listen to audiobooks while warming up, or during cardio.

How did you know what OP said then?

Currently listening to this while lifting. I find it a bit boring and I still have 15 hours to go.

Attached: The-Crusades-The-Authoritative-History-SDL094862477-1-1e9db.jpg (850x995, 152K)

this guy is a pioneer

Attached: 1404520864586.jpg (118x171, 8K)

Truly feels bad

>two Irish names

Attached: begorrah.png (501x677, 20K)

you're too good for reading but you're arguing with people on this retarded board

sound like you've got your head on straight

Any recommendations?

Where can I get free audio books? Kinda low on cash right now

Again, how do I bang cosplay thots?

just read a physical book you inbred cunt

you 100% didn't understand any of those books and I bet you walk around thinking you have a big dick when you tell people you've "read" them

Listening to audiobooks is the equivalent of being in a coma and getting someone to move your legs then telling the people you talk to in your coma dreams that have yellow feathers and a hat made of wood that you just ran 5k

>It's not better than reading a book, but at least I'm "getting learned" while working out.
What part of this did you not understand?

so you know it's pointless but you do it anyway?
why not just listen to music you dumb cunt

Why is everything blacks do an excuse to show off?

>SEPTA broad street line
lol philly is such a shit hole

Any advice on how to pick books without being an edgy pseudo intellectual like you?

He is reading The Purpose Lived Life and the Bible, this is actuallly hardcore.

not that guy but
>read philosophy if it will help you figure out an issue you have with life i.e if you're struggling with existential tragedy you might want to read kierkagaard, sartre, camus etc to understand the way you feel and hopefully find a solution (or find something else that interests you i.e going from existentialism to nihilism because you can't deal with abstract existentialism)
>the great classic novels are great and classic for a reason, in search of lost time, war and peace, don quixote, don't be put off by their size
>find authors from your own country and read in their native language if you can understand it, some translations are dog shit (penguin classics crime and punishment is awful for example but some are great like the maude sisters translation of war and peace)
>don't read high brow stuff unless you have a good foundation, no one will be impressed that you've read it if you didn't understand it and you're wasting your time if you just sit and read for no reason
>take notes when you read philosophy or an interesting novel, it's fun to try and dissect the inner machinations of an author's writing
thats it

Lmao, can you post some non-butterface girls then? Just really curious in the taste of someone who says a girl like this is ugly

holy shit u are insecure

nice mindless conjecture
no wonder you can't read a physical book, you can't even extrapolate or comprehend a simple sentence

You want celebrities or normies?

Attached: 12F9F7C5-42FE-4686-99B0-91C06156B4AC.jpg (3600x3600, 2.61M)

not the same guy, but the history of rome, revolutions, and the age of napoleon are all good.

you're being a faggot. listening to audiobooks is a form of entertainment, just like music, but it gives you a narrative or argument to follow, which holds your attention more. not everyone wants to have a dick measuring contest with you

shut the up fuck dyel

good luck getting knowledge from books that actually teach you skills then.
>in this chapter we will discuss how to set up a trap
>see picture 2.8
It only works for stupid sociology shit that nobody really needs.

Thanks