Who here at Jow Forums takes cold showers...

Who here at Jow Forums takes cold showers? Like literally I need a logically explain that seems legitimate enough for me to step into the shower with needle thin icicles shooting my body

Attached: B107887D-1BB2-4A1B-B4DF-3AD9035E88DC.jpg (639x605, 171K)

It’s all just a scheme

i did them to prove to myself that i was capable of enduring them
outside of the autism, they didn't help me at all really

i noticed that they also fucked up my hairline
after a few weeks of 3-5 cold showers a week, I noticed a visible patch forming in my hairline
i stopped taking them, and instead started taking long hot showers, and it went away gradually

Phoneposter so I can't be fucking bothered for a source, but I read once that, before (((they))) started pushing pills for everything, doctors often prescribed cold showers as a cure for depression. Gets the endorphins going and all that.

I do it because they’re hard to do. Like a sort of mental training. Also some blah blah about immune system benefits and circulation improvements

It's mostly a meme, the real truth is that hot showers or too warm of showers are simply bad for you. You don't need a cold shower, you just shouldn't take too hot of one.

Seems anecdotal and goes again literally every other person that posts their anecdotes on cold showers, because warm showers are very taxing on the skin and hair. You sound like one of those people who claim nofap made them go bald, when fapping is proven to release DHT to accellerate balding in some men.
Don't listen to this guy.

How cold should the showers be? I try to do it as cold as possible but sometimes it makes my head hurt the same way you get a brainfreeze from eating popsicles

OP here, if I try to take a cold shower I end up getting sick when all the room temperature hits me again :/

low IQ detected
Cold showers are great but do Wim Hof breathing method as well especially before you go into the cold shower SRS

I take them. They give me a boost of energy that lasts not too long but sets the tone for the day. It also reminds me I’m a bad ass and gets me used to leaving the comfort zone.

This has helped me going into tough job interviews etc. I can access that jacked up mental state where I brace myself as I step under the ice cold water, knowing that it will be uncomfortable but I will survive it, and feel amazing after

Guide to taking cold showers:
>start luke-warm
>wash your hair
>lower temperature by a bit
>get acclimated
>repeat last two steps until it doesnt get any colder
>at this point don't let the water run over your head it hurts and gives you a brain freeze if it's sufficiently cold

>needle thin icicles shooting my body
Sound like a bitch m8
Why bother lifting either that's extremely painful and crushing as well isn't it

Attached: mogged.webm (960x540, 2.9M)

it bolsters your mindset
once you step into something that you dislike and endure it, the rest of the day seems to be much smoother

I do both I take a 15-20 min hot shower after a work out I then stretch (while take the shower ) then go to ice cold shower . I found that this make me less sore And I recover faster, it also speeds up my metabolism

I dont believe all the memes about muh cold showers but

- skin doesnt dry out from hot water and steam
- youre more awake and alert after a cold shower

>not jumping in immediately before you bitch yourself out of it.

I live in Kurdistan(Northern 'Iraq'), we have some lakes and a river near my house, I usually go skinny dipping and during winter it can dip below -5°C. Ultimate comfy.

>kurdistan

Attached: 16648459.jpg (750x390, 74K)

Personally I start the shower scalding fucking hot and once I get comfortably warm I'll kill the hot and turn the cold all the way up. Not only is this mentally easier since you're not stepping into cold water(you're already in it) but it's even more of a shock to your nerves and gets you twice as pumped. Easily beats a cup of joe any morning.

Attached: 1541887590405.gif (393x561, 1.55M)

good thing you said this otherwise I would have just jumped into ice cold water from the beginning

cold showers are a massive fucking meme

>nazi larping

Attached: Girls.png (449x401, 490K)

At least nazis actually existed

not for much longer I hope