Cardio vs Aesthetics

>long distance running
>getting swole

Which activity is more difficult, Jow Forums?

Attached: sage_canaday.jpg (337x434, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

runrepeat.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This guy is unironically for aesthetic than most of Jow Forums

Is running 12 miles a week bad for gains?

Depends...

12 miles a week is nothing. you'll be fine.

Neither one is easy and certain personality types will be drawn to either. It's a toss up.

getting swole is the easiest thing in the world.

just lift consistently, eat a lot and sleep a lot...

the fact that you get to rest in between sets, some of which are only in the 3-4 rep range, makes lifting unironically a lot easier to do than running 10+ miles every day

Aesthetics takes years

Cardio takes a 2-3 months tops.

Lifting doesn't hurt in the same way running does.

The latter feels worse.

lol you think you can run a BQ qualifying time marathon in just 2-3 months prep?

that shit takes most ppl years also.

Nah. After a while your mind and body get used to it and you don't notice be it 10 miles or 20 miles, or more until your knees or thighs start hurting but it's more of a 'huh, ok, time to stop before i hurt myself' type of pain. Same with lifting, though.

Fucking Jow Forums seriously

>Cardio takes a 2-3 months tops.
Getting good at running takes a long time.

>Cardio takes a 2-3 months tops.

The "proficiency" that you're describing is the equivalent of benching 185 lbs in the lifting world.

Being genuinely good at anything competitive takes years.

sub 5 minute mile and sub 18 3 mile is 2-3 months tops. I'd put those close to 225 equivalent. But your overall point still stands.

While I was going through selection the hardest part were the distance runs. I just hate running, it’s boring, tedious, and it’s very easy to get injured when you’re running 10-15 miles a day on top of doing log PT, training evolutions, swims, getting beat by the instructors etc...

It’s even worse when you’re not a good runner and your lungs start burning 10 minutes into the run and it continues for about 20 minutes after you’re done.

Speaking of long distance running, what are some good running shoes?

I bought some shitty Nike’s from the Nike store like a retard and they hurt my ankles and they don’t fit my feet well while I run.

>size 12 US
>somewhat wide feet

Nike’s are for niggers.

If you’re over 180 lbs, or old and injury prone get a pair of Hoka One One’s.

>sub 5 minute mile and sub 18 3 mile is 2-3 months tops

only if you're already Jow Forums

if you're over 12% bf...lol good luck

Ive been running weekly all my life and cant do a mile in under 7 min 40sec

so you're suggesting that most people can bench 225 after just 2-3 months of lifting?

fuck off.

Go to a place where the measure your feet and find you a pair of well fitting running shoes. The shoe fit is more important than the design.

Find a legit running shoe store that caters to runners, marathoners, athletes and get fitted for the right shoes that work for you.
if ya can't do that
runrepeat.com/ make sure to hide Discontinued.
I got a flat arch and overpronation in my left foot so I wear support shoes.
My favorites have been so far
1. Brooks GTS Adrenaline
2. Asics Kayano
3. Saucony Guide iso
4. Asic GT 2000
5. Nike Structure (for the same price as the iso, GT, and GTS, it felt like it provided the least amount of support)
If you have a neutral stride I suggest the Brooks Launch.

What are your thoughts on using Superfeet Green insoles for slightly flat feet and recovering from plantar fasciitis/tendinitis?

I think insoles are fine if you feel they help. One of the stores I go to will actually get some insoles and heat them up to mold with your feet.

for the foot pain I suggest if ya haven't already, roll a tennis ball on the areas that you feeling pain, and make sure to do dynamic stretches and warm ups before your run. maybe walk a mile or 1/2 to get yourself ready. I know if I don't warm up with my Nike structure I get foot pain and have to deal with it until the pain passes with my run, which could last a while sometimes.

its possible to run a BQ on a few months preparation if you have any running talent

>t. has never lifted consistently for more than 3 months
Believe me picking up heavy shit gets old, otherwise everyone would be jacked

not if you've not trained before or start with a weak cardio base.

but sure, if you take someone who is already a fit athlete, or a naturally elite runner, then maybe they'll be able to run a sub-3 hr marathon in 2-3 months

half of peaking workouts for running is just getting used to the insane amount of discomfort that you experience during races.
a mile race that is paced properly should feel like you are going to blow up at the end of lap 2 but you just keep running for 2 more laps lol
there isnt anything in lifting that compares to running stop trolling

not everyone is a fat fuck fyi

I've lifted consistently for the past 10 years and it's fucking easy compared to training for actual sports that require some athletic ability.

That's why any unathletic twink like David Laid can get swole. You just need to be blessed with good genetics to look aesthetic at the same time.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 77K)