/fast/ - #362 - dangit carni edition

FAQ
>/fast/ discord
discord.gg/dknZqPb
>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

>What’s the difference between intermittent fasting, water fasting, dry fasting, etc.?
>Intermittent fasting: Fasting for a certain amount of time with a short eating window. 16:8 (16 hours fasting, 8 hour eating window) is the bare minimum.
>Water fasting: Fasting with only water.
>Dry fasting: Fasting with no water. Dangerous, use with caution.

>Why should I fast?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11147801
reddit.com/r/intermittentfasting/wiki/studies
idmprogram.com/difference-calorie-restriction-fasting-fasting-27/
Read all of these, they might answer some other questions you may want to ask.

>How do I safely do an extended fast?
Take snake juice, or just supplement electrolytes.
>Water=2L
>Potassium chloride =1 tsp (No Salt)
>Sodium chloride = 1/2 tsp (Himalayan Pink Salt)
>Sodium Bicarbonate = 1 tsp (Baking Soda)
>Magnesium Sulphate = 1/2 tsp (Food Grade Epsom Salts)
Mix these in 2L of water and sip it throughout the day.
[OPTIONAL] 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar and 4 tbsp lemon juice. DO NOT MIX with snake juice, drink separately.
You can also do this if you feel lightheaded, weak, dizzy, nauseous, etc., on shorter water fasts. Don’t do this while intermittent fasting.

>Won’t I go into starvation mode?
No. You won't have the willpower to fast that low.

>Will (something with calories) break my fast?
Yes, headarse.

>Can I drink coffee, tea, and diet soda? Or anything with artificial sweeteners?
You can do whatever the fuck you want. We recommend avoiding those, sweeteners especially.

>Do I need a multivitamin?
No

Previous:

Attached: 47B27426-963F-4468-AA0C-9201BC43F863.jpg (594x528, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

content.iospress.com/articles/nutrition-and-healthy-aging/nha170036
youtu.be/JxjMdqevE88
youtube.com/watch?v=PuBeiIJ4ONU
youtube.com/watch?v=OzE8SZpbJkk&feature=youtu.be&t=1102
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Wrong last thread:

First time committing to long fasting, should I hold off and work my way into ketosis first to maximize my loss to discomfort ratio?

Attached: ba4TPycNSjxbRcN5YeWuJSK66S8udWYbFeRrnv_hUJY.png (800x768, 344K)

You'll enter ketosis faster with fasting and keto flu happens no matter if you fast or not, but it definitely helps having high fat low carb meals on your last eating day.

>Cole is anti-vax

what are some other youtube fasting dudes that are good?

Has anyone tried fasting after a night of heavy drinking? Just curious

Also curious, before starting a 5 day fast what should I do to ensure I enter the fat burning stage asap?

what do you think about 0 carbs meals? I eat eggs fish and liver on my refeeds

Holy shit, I'm totally constipated thanks to keto + fasting. STILL haven't pooped once in 2019. Gonna try pumping myself full with magnesium today. If that doesn't work, I'm gonna go buy a laxative.

Any recommendated food to avoid constipation while doing keto? Already eating a decent amount of vegetables.

Lol these threads are still going

dude drink coffee

Miralax works wonders.

when have you started?

Not falling for the coffeine addiction.
Though I also don't like the taste.

Not sold here, but I'm sure any laxative will do. But I don't want to rely on laxatives for the whole time I'm doing this.

On the first.

>coffeine

Attached: 1545511688593.jpg (890x892, 89K)

Metamucil or the generic equivalent. Dont fuck around with keto constipation or it will lead to hemorrhoids

>knee aches after 5 day fast
Anyone else experienced this? I have symptoms of chondromalacia, probably because I climbed stairs everyday during the fast

Do you guys do extended fasts while working ? I just started a new office job and I don't want to fuck it up on my second week with fasting.

I'm not an experimented faster. I only did OMAD in the past.

0 carb is the pinnacle of greatness. Your body would literally burn that first and straight into fat

If anything extended fasts are preferred in desk jobs because of the mental clarity. You'll feel like ultra instinct is activated

It gets harder if you work a construction job. Youd usually want to do OME2or3D

content.iospress.com/articles/nutrition-and-healthy-aging/nha170036
>Effects of 8-hour time restricted feeding on body weight and metabolic disease risk factors in obese adults: A pilot study
>Fat mass, lean mass, visceral fat mass, diastolic blood pressure, LDL cholesterol, HDL cholesterol, triglycerides, fasting glucose, fasting insulin, HOMA-IR, and homocysteine were not significantly different from controls after 12 weeks.
the dream is dead

>Time restricted feeding decreases energy intake without calorie counting and may be a viable option for weight loss.
>without calorie counting

36 hours into my fast bros, feeling pretty gud. I'm glad I went keto a few days beforehand to prepare, haven't had any terrible hunger pangs yet, at worst id say i feel a bit peckish lol. Already down 5 pounds from flushing out dem carbs.
Did legs yesterday, squats, legpress, calf raises. I'm thinking the next 72 hrs will be the worst of it and then after that ill be cruising.
WE'RE ALL GONNA MAKE IT BRAHS

what's the point of time restriction if you still have to count calories? Plus they actually ended up consuming less calories anyway.

this means that all the quackery about "it takes 12+ hours for body to start burning fat" is bullshit. Obviously if you fast for 12 hours, then chew a single stick of sugar gum, your liver wont magically pull another 12 hours worth of glycogen out of it. So in the end the only thing that works extended fasting for multiple days/weeks until the desired result is achieved. Intermittent fasting is a meme.

I doubt anyone educated actually says you don't need to count calories. CICO is always the basic principle, even when fasting / refeeding and doing keto.
Intermittent fasting is good if you want to do fasted workouts and can control your appetite better with time restrictions.

question: are the eggs we eat in fast food sandwiches from like dunkin donuts and mcdonalds real eggs?

Attached: 1529341759960.jpg (671x652, 202K)

The ones at MCD are real. I always thought they were fake because of their shape until I saw an employee cracking eggs into a muffin tray and realized they were real and thats how they got their shape.

Yes

Someone answer this for me.

I am doing OME2D, mostly sedentary for the most part. Carnivore meals very small so I can get back into losing fat. It is working very well, however, what I wanted to ask is if there is any benefit to working out as well?

If I lift using RPE routines or SS, will there be an increase in muscle and a decrease in fat loss, nothing will change or will I lose muscle instead of fat?

Thinking about lifting but I want to know more before I dive in

You should lift. You definitely won't gain muscle unless you're absolutely newbie but lifting with high intensity low volume will help retain muscle mass. You'll burn more fat too

Fasting is easiest when you work at an office. Mental focus is boosted while your body finds itself weak. Only having to sit and walk around a bit is perfect.

So If i am burning around a pound of fat a day, how much would high int low vol bring me?

I need to starve my ass off, I have an extra 150 pounds of BLUBBER on me that needs to get burned off
what do I do

Snake juice recipe is in op. Drink two liters of it a day. Fast as long as you are able. When you eat, eat keto. High protein, no carbs no sugar or at least in incredibly low amounts. As not to break your ketosis. Refeed for 2 days and restart fasting. Repeat for 8 months.

its lymph nodes: backs of knee, spine, hip, shoulder, elbow and neck pains are common when losing fat/toxins

Do you guys have trouble falling asleep when doing multi-day fasts?
If so, how do you deal with it?

Yes. It will pass.

Except for all the free food and sweets you get from your co workers.

On day 3 of my water fast.

I'm going to go on for as long as i can take, trying to force me around 20 to 30 days. The main goal is to lose at least 10kg (22lbs), but i also need to hardcore reset my hunger since im going in a rigorous keto diet right after the fast.

Will post results in three weeks or so

Attached: 20190113_025324.jpg (2576x1932, 1.4M)

Will power faget

Tea is okay in a fast, right? Since it's only water with taste?
What about powder tea? So powder that dissolves in water?

Black tea is good, dont trust that powder shit user the (((companies))) put god knows what into them

man, vaping is really making fasting a lot easier

The first 72 are bad if you're new to it, but it's no different than when you go to eat a carb heavy lunch and you come back to the office feel sluggish.

After 96 hours, what the other anons are saying is correct, you feel a little sharper.

What about green tea and fruit tea?

I'm 350lbs, started keto on the first and right off the bat my carb count for the day was 25 total, 20 net / 5 fiber.

I plan on start walking a few miles a day at the gym after work every day, should I continue intermediate fasting, or straight up fasting? Is there a point during fasting when I lose the cravings? Nicotine / chewing gum during fasting - yeh or nah?

Should I start weightlifting now, or do it once I have lost a few pounds?

Thanks

This may be a stupid question, but does this sound like a good plan?

>Eat once every two days
>Lift on days that I eat
>Do cardio on fasted days
Could I expect decent results with this routine? I have a serious skinny fat situation going, so my goal is mostly to reduce body fat, but in a way that leaves me with a better looking body in the end than if I just straight up fasted.

Just listened to Rhonda on jre about fasting, is it true that your clock starts once you drink black coffee?

OMAD fag here. Is it detrimental to fast for a long time after a workout? My routine is:

>lift at 6AM
>go to work
>first and only meal 5:30PM

Attached: 1546875721484.png (625x350, 262K)

Which episode?

How do you even know what is fat loss vs weight loss? If you were 250ibs and fasted to lose 50ibs on the scale, on refeed you would gain like 20ibs back. So all that work for 30ibs of fat? You will still look like a fatass

Why the hell would you gain 20lbs back? 5 to 10, sure, water weight can be a lot. But 20?

I'm in favor of always intermittent fasting and water fasting occasionally

what's the healthiest chinese food?

Attached: 1542911143775.jpg (576x950, 167K)

Frankly don't see the point if you're skinnyfat. Just do a normal cut while lifting

That was me just exaggerating. The question I'm asking is HOW do you know what is fat and what isn't?

I always knew he is a retard

him drinking piss and screaming at everything made him eccentric, but being anti-vax is a sure sign of retardation

snake juice is still nice though, but fasting needs a better role model, Jason Fung is good

drink a lot of fish oil, half a bottle at least

r8 my birthday cake?

Attached: IMG_20190113_141812.jpg (1040x780, 118K)

You're not going to eat that are you user...

>a juicy cucumber

i'm salivating

youtu.be/JxjMdqevE88
No idea. Here's a link

Ive been doing internment fasting with a 4-6 hour eathing window for a month and and eating home-cooked meals everday. The good thing is now I have exceeding healthy cholesterol and blood pressure;No longer having clouded thoughts no longer depressed and got healthier thanks bros. any tips to increase this good feel?

Attached: 1545551936860.jpg (800x597, 50K)

In one of Cole's live YouTube videos, he talks about body composition. An example that he gives is that he is 5'6.5" and his ideal weight is 177 since that is when he is most ripped.

Would that mean that for me, if I wanted to look ripped as well at my height of 5'8" would I have to be between 175-185ibs?

DON'T EAT.

RAW MEAT AND/OR EAT A BUNCH OF FRUIT. ALSO, WHEN HAVE YOU BEEN EATING?

IMF IS GOOD FOR PEOPLE THAT HIT THE GYM HARD AND/OR WANT TO PACK ON WEIGHT.

THAT'S A QUESTION YOU'LL HAVE TO FIND OUT FOR YOURSELF, EXPERIMENT WITH IT AND SEE IF IT FITS YOUR GOALS. JUST KNOW THAT YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO PUSH AS YOU NORMALLY WOULD SINCE YOUR MUSCLE GLYCOGEN WOULD BE DEPLETED.

DRINK FUCKING SNAKE JUICE IF YOU'RE GOING TO DO A LONG FAST.

Does anyone know how long it takes in a dry fast for you body to start producing its own water?

Hi /fast/. Do you find it more difficult to concentrate, at first? I was wondering if you faced some challenges concentrating at work during fast. Also, do you exercise during a fast?

Pic related is me; 6'4½ and 208lbs; no pump
Just learned about snake diet
Would it be better to snake diet calorie restriction or straight up fasting for getting abs?
Thanks

Attached: IMG_20190113_190546.jpg (2251x1606, 983K)

GO SHILL YOUR FUCKING ROBOT CUM SOMEWHERE ELSE YOU FUCKING ADDICT.

8 OZ OF DECAF TEA ONLY. STOP BEING A BITCH AND DRINK YOUR FUCKING SNAKE JUICE.

GET YOUR INGREDIENTS FOR SNAKE JUICE AND START A PROLONGED FAST IMMEDIATELY. YOU WILL LOSE CRAVINGS AFTER YOU COMPLETELY DETOX AND YOU MAN THE FUCK UP.
NO NICOTINE, NO CAFFEINE, NO FUCKING DRUGS. GUM SPIKES INSULIN AND WILL MAKE YOUR BODY RETAIN WATER, SO NO.
IT'S TIME TO PAY THE FUCKING PRICE OF BEING A FAT PIECE OF SHIT. BEING SOFT ABOUT LOSING WEIGHT WILL ONLY BRING SOFT ASS RESULTS, TAKE SOME FUCKING DISCOMFORT FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE AND FACE REALITY.

YOU CAN DO THAT YES, THEN ONCE YOU GET LEAN START OMAD AND BULK.

NO, WTF DOES COFFEE HAVE TO DO WITH FASTING? HOLY FUCK, YOU'RE EITHER INTERPRETING IT WRONG OR SHE'S A FUCKING IDIOT WHEN IT COMES TO FASTING (AND I'VE SEEN HER TALK ABOUT FASTING MIMICKING SO YES, SHE'S A FUCKING MORON WHEN IT COMES TO FASTING). THIS IS HOW YOU FAST:
1. YOU EAT
2. STOP EATING
THAT'S IT. CONGRATS, YOU STARTED THE FAST! NOW DRINK SNAKE JUICE SO YOU CAN FAST AS LONG AS YOU CAN AND CUT ALL THE BODY FAT.

>ALSO, WHEN HAVE YOU BEEN EATING?
Right now only doing 48h to 72h fasts a week, so eating 4-5 days a week, OMAD in the morning.Will increase meat and try fruit, but fruit is hard to eat regularly since carbs are high and I'm already getting a bunch of carbs from vegetables.

>Jason Fung
This man needs more views, his video on the two compartment model shattered all my preconceptions on fasting, and I was an ardent "cals in, cals out = just eat less!" guy
Never been a "6 meals a day" faggot though, that's retarded I always hated that shit, it's like my body knew it was bullshit

Attached: 1446141897104.jpg (640x640, 82K)

DEPENDS ON YOUR FITNESS LEVEL AND HOW LONG OF A FAST YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT. YOU CAN ACTUALLY GAIN WEIGHT ON OMAD IF THAT MEANS ANYTHING.

TAKE PICTURES, TAKE MEASUREMENTS, AND GO TO THE GYM TO GAUGE YOUR STRENGTH BEFORE & AFTER THE FAST. YOU COULD ALSO DO CALIPER TESTS OR ANY BODY FAT TEST THAT'S RELIABLE.

CARNIVORE THAT'S NOT SLATHERED IN VEGETABLE OIL.

GOOD CAKE. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, YOU 6 YEAR OLD FATTY.

PROLONGED FAST IF YOU HAVE THE BODY FAT TO SPARE.

I’m 50 hours in on snake juice, looking to go on far extended. I want to drink 2 tablespoons of acv and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice twice a day. I can’t handle them alone- how much impact would 8oz of diet lemonade be if I mixed it with the acv/lemon? Like 16oz of crystal light?

Attached: 607E8931-2E86-4508-90E1-5FE935EC8925.jpg (662x625, 83K)

same, CICO is a bit too simplified. listening to him explain how insulin works and how much your BMR can drop from restricting calories opened my eyes a lot.

Cole is good for snake juice and keeping it real with lazy fatties, but holy shit, if you're anti-vax you should keep that shit to yourself

I’m a teacher and every other person at my school is hyper fixated on starvation mode. Two carry water jugs. Fuck

KINDA, IT VARIES FROM PERSON TO PERSON. COLE IS ABOVE HIS 'NATURAL STATE' DUE TO HIS LEAN MUSCLE MASS.

YOU MEAN HOW LONG IT TAKES FOR YOUR BODY TO ACCESS FAT CELLS FOR METABOLIC WATER? NOT SURE OF THIS, ACTUALLY. SHOULD BE WITHIN 24 HOURS IF YOU HAVE A CLEAN DIET. BASING THIS ON 23H DRY FASTING ROUTINES AND ITS SUCCESS.

IN THE BEGINNING, YEA, THEN WHEN YOU DIAL IN YOUR SALT CONCENTRATION AND H2O AMOUNT, YOU'LL FEEL NORMAL. AND YES, YOU CAN EXERCISE DURING A SNAKE JUICE FAST (NOT ON A DRY FAST AND NOT ON A PLAIN WATER FAST).

DO YOU NORMALLY HIT THE GYM? YOU CAN DO OMAD AND MAYBE FAST ON REST DAYS. PLAY AROUND WITH MUSCLE GLYCOGEN TO KEEP EXPLOSIVE POWER AT THE GYM AND MAYBE EVEN TRY THIS:
youtube.com/watch?v=PuBeiIJ4ONU

LOOK UP FRUIT WITH LOW SUGAR CONTENT (CUCUMBERS, ZUCCHINI, GOOGLE).

His analogy is spot-on as well
>fat is a specialized store of energy
>it's like collecting firewood
>and when winter comes... you chop down your sofa (muscle) and burn it
How stupid does "starvation mode" sounds after that
(of course, until you run out of fat)

When you said "ONCE YOU GET LEAN START OMAD AND BULK", can you be more specific?

Not the same poster you replied too but curious, I plan on bulking in a couple of months. Should I just eat one meal a day with all the calories needed and should I keep it keto?

Side question: when water fasting can I have regular water with my snake juice? In one of Cole's vids he said no fresh water when drinking snake juice but didn't explain why

True. Also, from a scientific pov starvation makes no sense- your body stores fat for emergencies- no calories=emergency=eat reserves.

I think the idea is that water fasting washes out electrolytes, leaving you in want of minerals dtc

yeah people fixate on corner cases and miss the big picture, same thing with the "rabbit starvation" thing or OD vitamin A from liver

>LOOK UP FRUIT WITH LOW SUGAR CONTENT
>CUCUMBERS, ZUCCHINI
Okay?

Does falim gum or mastic gum break a fast? And what if it's been chewed and saved?

>anti vax
>anti public education
>only men should have jobs women should be lazy housewives
>runners should run BAREFOOT
>aids can be cured with fasting
>starve your fat babies

Cole needs to be institutionalized.

what bf% is lean?

Don’t forget to drink your pee.

NOT ONLY DOES CRYSTAL LIGHT HAVE CALORIES, IT HAS ARTIFICIAL SWEETENERS THAT WILL CAUSE AN INSULIN SPIKE. JUST DRINK YOUR DAMN SNAKE JUICE AND FACE YOUR FOOD ADDICTION HEAD ON, STOP BEING A BITCH AND FAST LIKE YOU FUCKING MEAN IT.
IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE TASTE OF ACV AND LEMON JUICE, DRY FAST FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS.

>can you be more specific?
WHEN HE REACHES A LOW BODY FAT %.
>BULKING... Should I just eat one meal a day with all the calories needed and should I keep it keto?
THIS IS GOING TO REQUIRE SOME EXPERIMENTATION ON YOUR PART. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND EATING STARCHY CARBS ON A BULK SO KETO IS OUT THE DOOR. YOU WILL *NOT* BE AS EXPLOSIVE AT THE GYM IF YOU HAVE ZERO MUSCLE GLYCOGEN, SOMETHING KETO LACKS (UNLESS YOU FORCE GLUCONEOGENESIS). HOWEVER, EATING STARCHY CARBS EVERY DAY WILL CAUSE SPILLOVER AND THE SPILLOVER WILL BE STORED AS FAT. I LINKED 'THE ANABOLIC SNAKE DIET' IN MY PREVIOUS POST, IT'S BASED OFF OF REPLENISHING & DEPLETING MUSCLE GLYCOGEN SO YOU DON'T HAVE THAT SPILLOVER OR AT THE VERY LEAST YOU MINIMIZE IT.
>when water fasting can I have regular water with my snake juice?
YOU MEAN WHEN SNAKE JUICE FASTING? YES YOU CAN HAVE PLAIN WATER ALONGSIDE SNAKE JUICE, JUST DON'T POUND BACK A TON AT A TIME BECAUSE YOU'LL BE PISSING OUT ELECTROLYTES (THAT'S WHAT HE MEANS WHEN HE SAYS NO PLAIN WATER WITH SNAKE JUICE).

THAT WAS IN RESPONSE TO:
>but fruit is hard to eat regularly since carbs are high
LOW SUGAR FRUITS HAVE LOWER CARBS, WHICH WILL HELP WITH YOUR CONSTIPATED BUTTHOLE.
THE OLD RULE WAS 4:1 - 4 PARTS FRUIT, 1 PARTS PROTEIN. EXPERIMENT WITH THAT IF YOU WANT.

WHEN YOU SEE ALL OF YOUR ABS.

>WHEN YOU SEE ALL OF YOUR ABS.
thats like sub fucking 9%

The thing is, CICO is not wrong per se, thermodynamics still apply, but going for "CICO therefore eating less should work" has a lot of hidden assumptions that most people miss that are just plain wrong

Attached: 1398769261124.jpg (640x640, 165K)

I THINK YOU CAN SEE YOUR ABS AT 10-12%.
COLE WAS MAINTAINING 7% FOR A WHILE SO IT'S POSSIBLE TO REACH 9% BF THROUGH FASTING, ESPECIALLY IF YOU WORKOUT AND YOU HAVE SOME WILLPOWER. IT ALL DEPENDS ON HOW MUCH YOU WANT IT.

yeah but not all your abs, and not very well.

>public education
public education is a scam, just look at any graph comparing expenditure to international test results
>inb4 so you want poor people to remain uneducated
Vouchers, the govt can pay for the schools but to run them it's a stupid idea

As a school teacher in a public setting support homeschooling. The testing obsession has drained education of fun and genuine learning.

Thank you Capsbro

>DO YOU NORMALLY HIT THE GYM?
Yes
>YOU CAN DO OMAD AND MAYBE FAST ON REST DAYS. PLAY AROUND WITH MUSCLE GLYCOGEN TO KEEP EXPLOSIVE POWER AT THE GYM AND MAYBE EVEN TRY THIS:
Can I skip the carb load or is it necessary for building muscle?
I thought of kicking into ketosis by fasting and going zero carb from there on

International testing numbers is cherry picked shite. The states have problems, but we educate a massively diverse population a size and scale like no other country in history has. It’s still very screwed up though

Take the good, leave the bad.
People aren't perfect so it's best to just take the best out of them instead of finding someone who can be your messiah

30hrs into my first dry fast. Not even sure how long I plan to go without water. All I know is I am not eating for 5 days. Longest previous fast was snake juice for 3 days.

If I can do 72hrs dry then 2 more days snake juice I will be stoked. I am already feeling fucky when I stand up lol. Maybe I will shoot for 48hrs dry 24hr water then another 48 dry or some shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=OzE8SZpbJkk&feature=youtu.be&t=1102

DONT BE A PUSSY, FATTY

Education in the States is a fucking joke. You guys get passing grades just for fucking showing up.