How much do you think Guts's sword weighs? How would that translate into lifts in order to weild it?

How much do you think Guts's sword weighs? How would that translate into lifts in order to weild it?

Attached: 56490e9fab7c46b4625a0b1de4215484-700.jpg (933x700, 135K)

80 kg

Just get some wii fit highscores

need 28 str to one-hand it but you can 2h it with 18 str

Start with a regular sword and use a slightly heavier sword every week until you work your way up to the dragon slayer

What gives out first? Shoulders, legs or back?

probably shoulders, followed by back, legs should be fine as they're naturally made to endure

That's not how Guts did it. As a kid he refused to use a lighter sword.

Confirmed powerlifter

I reckon 60kg
Should be easy to wield if you're not a weak faggot

>60kg
>swinging a grown woman around your head repeatedly
>easy

Well fuck me im a weak faggot

>Implying I don't do that to your mom every night

My mom weighs a lot more than 60kg user, very impressive

Every time someone posts berserk I get mad the faggot author has and probably will never finish it.

This anime fucking sucked so much

Idk if spoilers work on this board so I won't go into details. But the fucking blue balls from that ending are insane. Like it's not even a complete story, I just wasted hours watching an advert for some nip comic book.
>haha just read the manga bro
No, that's fucking gay. I just want to watch a 20 min episode of something illegally online, I don't want to buy weeb shit and have people see it on my bookshelf

Honestly ruined my day, why do so many people recommend this show without telling people about how disappointing the ending is and how the first episode completely spoils it as well

I thought it was canon 200lbs or something

Regular swords are like a few pounds faggot
No one can swing his sword

Let’s say it is 180cm long, average thickness 1cm, width 20cm, steel at density 8g/cm3, would weigh 28.8kg. Real two handed longswords were like 4-7kg, so Guts sword is definitely way heavier than that, not very practical

Ishiro was able to lift some of it above his head and he's an underfed kid, so probably like 50kg or so

At least 140kg
It's impossible to actually use no matter how strong you are. Except maybe if you're a 400+kg BLOATMAXXer

Isn't this thing supposed to be solid cast iron?
I'd guess at the very least 100kg

He was barely lifting it (Puck jumping on the sword made him crash and fall) and one side was touching the ground, so he was actually only lifting half the weight

>underfed kids OHP 50kg or so

It easily has more than 120 kg minimum...It's thick as a brick and longer than 2m I think.

>thick as a brick
How the fuck does he cut anything then?

You can read manga online, y'know, and Berserk IS the manga. Every adaptation of it has been god awful

Based

Yeah, it actually is how he did it. Was the sword he used as a kid as big as the Dragonslayer?
That's what I thought, retard.

Attached: 1540246479607.jpg (750x747, 37K)

386 pounds

A Zweihänder weighs less than 3kg and is considered heavy as fuck. You fags know nothing about swords.

Am I the only one who thinks the Berserk universe is stuck in some kind of time loop?
I told someone about that theory before and they said they'd never heard of it, but it seems obvious to me.
It's been like 5 years since I read it, but to me it was obvious that Skull Knight = Gut's last iteration
Same with the old witch who gives Guts his magic armor and the little witch (I mean, they're both witches, and who else but Gut's companion would have such a thing?)

they ended it on the worst part. the manga is 100x better because you actually get to see some revenge (although we're still fucking blueballed on Griffith himself)

That thing was too big to be called a sword. Too big, too thick, too heavy, and too rough, it was more like a large hunk of iron

And then there's all that crap the brain guy spouts about causality and fate and shit, seems like obvious foreshadowing.
I guess we'll need to wait 50 years to find out though

could hafthor move it in a battlefield?

>he can't press, bench, squat or deadlift a fully grown adult woman
get off this board

It weights between 100 to 280kg. Even if you are capable of holding it, the force it generates when you swing it would deteriorate or straight up torn your arm ligaments. It's unusable. Realistically, a greatsword that weights more than 2.5kg is already shit.

It would largely require wrist strength due to it being the pivot point.
Try picking up a barbell from the end with one hand and pointing it, you won't be able to at first.

>a greatsword that weights more than 2.5kg is already shit.
Are you fucking joking or a weak manlet or what?
I could swing a 10kg dumbbell no trouble, and I've only been lifting a year.
Sure I wouldn't be able to use it with the finesse of a fencer using a foil, but I'd be able to swing and chop no worries

>What are levers and pivot points

>ROUNDS DOWN NOT UP
>19 STRENGTH REQUIRED

Attached: 11902308.jpg (300x300, 14K)

Honestly the plot up until the ending was great. I have no idea why did they decide to go completely off the rails with the supernatural/demonic stuff, it feels off-putting; the realistic-like stuff was much more interesting.

Some guy on Reddit did the calculations.

>For anyone who wants really rough math on The Dragonslayer, /a/ did the math. A cubic meter of steel weighs about 8 tons, +-1 ton. The sword is, let's 6 feet long * 1 feet wide * 3 inches thick, maybe a bit less. I'll round down.
>Let's assume light alloy, 7 tons/m3.
>Metric calculation ahead (1 inch is 2.54cm, but these are all ballpark figures) :
>180 cm * 30cm * 7.5cm = 40500 cm3
>1 m3 = 1000 000 cm3 -> 40500 cm3 = 0,0405 m3
>0,0405 m3 * 7000kg/m3=283.5 kg or 625 pounds

So there you go. 284kg or 625lbs. 9lbs over my deadlift PR lmao.

So?
Just make the handle really heavy so it balances

He could pick it up but he wouldn't be able to swing it.

Attached: justmakethehandlereallyheavy.png (1230x541, 5K)

According to
Probably not.
Try lifting a barbell from from one end, it's fucking hard, and those only weight 20kg

>I have no idea why did they decide to go completely off the rails with the supernatural/demonic stuff
Gee I wonder if it has anything to do with the source material

What? The Ecplise is the best part.

Was talking about the manga.

If you read the manga it's supernatural from chapter 1
I didn't watch it, but I assume the anime is just the prelude to the actual story

Manga starts with supernatural/demonic shit in the first chapter

Have you ever practiced any sword martial arts? You want your sword to be as light as possible. If your sword is too heavy, it's gonna get deflected way too much when parried, no matter how strong you are. Do you even physics?

Attached: 1545602084124-0.jpg (366x344, 87K)

Someone else did more calculations than those put above. The amount of force generated by something like the Dragonslayer at the speed Guts uses it is the equivalent of a nuclear blast.

So does the (old) anime.

>not using a weighted rhenium handle
>much higher strength (resistance to deformation) than steel
>almost 3 times denser than steel

amateurs!

Attached: s9s.jpg (356x356, 14K)

>refused
no, there was just nothing smaller than what they could get him

Tfw you get hand cancer

Everyone ITT confirmed fatties who've never lifted a claymore. A claymore is a fucking nightmare to swing and they're microdicks to the BBC that is Guts iron slab.

Nah it’s not unless it is moving incredibly close to the speed of light

It doesn't round. 18*1.5=27

This. It's not a matter of if you could lift it, it's a matter of swinging it when it's that heavy. All Guts sword is good for IRL is a damn cool trophy/gravestone when you swing it once and some ponce swipes it aside and slices you in half.

when he was like 5 he used a normal bastard sword. When he was like 12ish he upgraded to an oversized two hander.

When he’s first introduced at age 16ish and kills Bazuso he has a sword that’s easily twice as thick and almost twice as long as any two hander and that’s the one he uses for most of the Golden Age

I've talked about this a lot before on other forums, but the general consensus is its so far past human ability it is laughable.
Dragon slayer is between 400-625 lbs depending on what stats you use. Grab just your 45 lb olympic barbell and try to hold it by the end, you'll find its incredibly difficult to hold outstretched much less swing around quickly. Even the world's best powerlifters couldn't attempt to swing an olympic barbell, much less something over 10 times as heavy.

Berserk is still ongoing. Everyone watched the Eclipse anime which is basically the beginning or just explanation on how Guts came to be. If you just read manga, there is no better.

Reminder that this is the only true black swordsman.

Attached: BlackKen.png (640x360, 176K)

Well let me remind you it's a fucking manga. You see manga characters lift tons, so 300 kg shouldn't surprise you.

Only the first SAO season was good. It's complete trash thereafter.

>Probably not.
He's killing monsters that are the size of an mountain. I doubt physics are in the way here. Although everyone seems to be surprised as how he does it in manga.

>Even the world's best powerlifters couldn't attempt to swing an olympic barbell, much less something over 10 times as heavy.

Nah, pretty sure swinging a barbell is possible if you are a top powerlifter.

>Nah, pretty sure swinging a barbell is possible if you are a top powerlifter.
Not so easy while holding it from the very end, it depends on wrist strength at that point.

with two hands they could but it’s still very unwieldy. Guys is easily 10 times as strong as a peak human