A NEW DAWN IS UPON YOU Edition

A NEW DAWN IS UPON YOU Edition

Being weak is not a disgrace, but staying like it is. Charge up your batteries and start doing some action.

READ THE STICKY: 4chanfit.wikia.com/wiki//sig/_sticky

>What can you do today to self improve?
>How is your diet? Do you cook a complex meal at least 3 times a week?
>What do you want to start doing, and what do you want to do less frequently?
>Any creative hobbies? They can be very meditative and calming, and get help clear your mind of clutter. Self expression is always good for you.

You'll do it, we know it.

Attached: 1528637278709.png (1252x954, 1.44M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cb7qo37CiYs
youtube.com/watch?v=5MgBikgcWnY
youtube.com/watch?v=TQMbvJNRpLE
muscleandfitness.com/workouts/workout-routines/complete-mf-beginners-training-guide-plan?day=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Last thread(forgot to put it):

>

Attached: 1538871272607.png (896x1024, 1.28M)

I'm started working out because its going to start ruining my life more then it has if i don't.
I have a chronic illness (fibromyalgia) so its been tough over all getting started. that being said how do i strengthen my legs without hurting myself to much

Attached: 1494007544158.jpg (189x207, 19K)

Just do some squats regularly, enough to not hurt yourself and feel yourself working out. But to be honest, do not give me that much of attention, as I know shit about what I'm talking about xD

Rolling

>>What can you do today to self improve?
Study
>>How is your diet? Do you cook a complex meal at least 3 times a week?
I eat a lot, am trying to gain weight rn. Sometimes I cook, sometimes gf does.
>>What do you want to start doing, and what do you want to do less frequently?
I want to start competing in downhill longboarding this or the next year.
I want to quit procrastination for good
>>Any creative hobbies?
Music, CGI, writing shit

also ROLLING

How do I study and retain information as effectively as possible?

Prevagen

Study new shit
Revise old shit
Repeat

No need to do long study sessions, an hour a day for a subject is enough if you do it every day. Consistence is the key, that's all

Here's a few tips I've written down from various sources, but I'd like to hear from anons with actual experience:
>use spaced repetition to retain information better (e.g. Anki)
>divide concepts that you don't understand into ones you do
>simplify and condense information as much as possible
>if possible, practice something from the get go instead of just reading about it, it makes you learn much faster

>be US Marine
>inherently fit though keen eyes can detect skinnyfat history
>objectively a 6 to 7 out of 10 according to dozens ive asked
>acceptably "weird" (i.e. i don't make people uncomfortable)
>positive reputation throughout entire unit as thoughtful, kind, generally excellent person
>tfw no gf
>none of my peers or the women i talk to are able to figure out why i have so much trouble and are constantly hooking me up literally once a week

why? what more can i self improve holy fuck i actually want to die lads

You know what /sig/, this is not a novel thought, but occurred to me over the last month or so is that the mind is your biggest enemy and the most important obstacle to overcome. I'll try to lay it out based on my own experience as best and clear as I can make it, so bare with me for a while. 3 years ago I experienced my first depression, something that lasted up until a month ago, it's still with me to some extent but it's been a lot easier in the last year or so. 2 years ago I met a friend that was one of the people I'll be eternally grateful for putting me back on track and with that person's kindness, goodness and all the time we spent hanging out and talking with one another my life changed for the better and it was one of the figurative slaps in the face I needed in order to wake up and pull my shit together again. Next year I'd do better, would slowly get back on track and then again I'd hit a wall and just regress in my previous state with doing nothing other than playing vidya, shitposting on Jow Forums and what not, instead of sticking with it even when I feel like shit. The main reason behind my regression and why I returned to my depressed state was because my mental game was weak and I let my mind dictate what I should feel like and I bought most of the garbage thoughts he was slowly putting inside my head.

1/2

Attached: sonofhades.jpg (299x168, 5K)

Now I'm still working to overcome that shit and the road ahead is long, but I'm becoming more resilient by the day and I'm now making it my bitch as opposed to being his. The bottom line is, for all of you out there that may had or still have this exact problem or similar ones, don't give up and don't let that motherfucker get to you because you're bound to be fucked. You know who you are, you know your pros and your cons and don't let everyone else convince you of other wise. Most of problems people face stem from their mind and all the blockades it puts on them, which in turn fuck up their progress so they get fucked out of achieving their dreams, ambitions and must settle with a mediocre life or one that's even worse because they've accepted the lies and started believing in them. Then there's people who from day one had mad determination and were resolute and dead set on the path they had to traverse to achieve everything they wanted and more or die trying, and those people are usually remembered centuries after their death and people still talk of them because that very reason. They had the balls to say fuck you to everyone else and do what they felt was theirs by right without letting anyone to stop them in their tracks. Many people that have succeeded in life have had that very same mindset and you can start noticing the underlying aspects those types of people have in common with one another and by examining them slowly putting those pieces together to get to the big picture. I don't know about you but I intend to be one of those because it's the only way to die satisfied or at least keep trying until my very last breath.

Make of this what you will.

Attached: ave.gif (450x253, 3.81M)

Goblet squat
And Turkish get ups

With the goblet squat heavier is easier, and you’re working towards removing the weight till you can airsquat with perfect form and no heel lift.

There’s also box squats if you’re in 0 flexibility mode.

Attached: 39D9718A-53CE-49DD-9382-0B3CACEC6504.jpg (500x508, 76K)

You lack commitment.

insecurity

In the course of last year or so my ass is feeling more firm and strong, while also being somewhat soft on the touche and how the girls like it from what my ex told me, so woho for me lads. How is it going for you, any improvements as of late?

Rolling

ROLL NOT FOR YOURSELF BUT YOUR WAIFU

Rolling again because I want to do two things

DEER method works for everything. Demonstrate, Explain, Execute, Review. Demonstrate the thing or find something that demonstrates it. Explain the thing or find someone that can. Sometimes, this is also covered in demonstration, as in learning new vocabulary (demonstrating that "defenestration" means "chucking motherfuckers through windows" also explains it). Execute. Do the thing or exercise the new knowledge (use the word "defenestration" in a sentence). Review. Go back over it to make sure you get it.

Walk. A lot. I'm still a fat lard but I have relatively godly calves and thighs from carrying it around. It shouldn't put too much strain on you. Also try doing light leg exercises as other anons suggested. Work yourself up to a weight you can feel instead of just winging it and loading on what you think is your max so you don't overload the bar for a one-way ticket to snap city.

Rollan

Why does no one do a day 0. You go you set up a good weight, if you can lift it 5x add 5lbs rest 5minutes and repeat till failure.
Do 5 add 5
This gets you a theoretical 80% 1rm number. Or your 5 rep max. Depending on how anal you want to be.

Then you start your programming from there instead of going in blind.

How do I find a right of passage?

I'm trying to do StrongLifts but all the gyms on my area are full of brosplit shitheads who will try to prevent me from doing the routine because they don't understand it/tell me bullshit like to never go below parallel, etc. This is, of course, after I've paid to sign up for their gym.

How do I politely tell them to fuck off?

Decided to start tracking things such as 1RM for certain exercises, body weight and bodyfat% only tracking once per month, excel was actually pretty simple to get started in

>Meditate like the Toonz: Follow Along Meditation Training
youtube.com/watch?v=cb7qo37CiYs

>frogposting
>negative aspect of life
also rolling

try saying "NO OFFENSE, but fuck off"

I know a lot of y'all wanna be successful so I recommend reading through this book to understand what made certain people like Bill Gates successful more in depth. It's actually pretty insightful.

Attached: 71GLAwC9cPL.jpg (1180x1772, 132K)

Hell yeah, let's do this

Attached: original.jpg (514x810, 82K)

Gladwell is a Jew so make sure to spot the lies and half truths.

There was a situation yesterday which I need advice on.
I coach a basketball team, and we were losing badly. The opponent's coach and I had an arguments about their players being too physical. Afterwards, one of my guys randomly chucks up a 3-pointer, and the opponents coach yelled something sarcastic at me, after which I flipped him off.
I confronted him after the game and told him to just be sportsmanlike and not such a dick, and he gave me some bullshit excuse and apologized.
But should I have just let it go and been the bigger man? I have had some issues with assertiveness my whole life, so I thought I should just confront him this time. What was the better option?

Haha good. But seriously, what should I tell them? It's their gym after all.

>>What can you do today to self improve?
focusing on keeping good posture if i decide to play vidya/use the computer (as in right now), continue to eat healthy and watch my cravings, drink plenty of water, get some reading done and mentally prepare for the next semester starting tomorrow
diet is going well, eaten clean and made good choices the past 3 days, feel great and definitely will keep it up
i want to continue reading as i have for a few hours a day, and I want to spend less time on my phone, im fairly excited for when i move off my parents phone plan and can get my own so i can have something much less invasive, ie not a smartphone
>>Any creative hobbies? They can be very meditative and calming, and get help clear your mind of clutter. Self expression is always good for you.
not really, i would say skateboarding since there is a bit of self expression but unfortunately due to where i live that isnt really possible right now. i find the most meditative and stress reducing activities for me at the moment are listening to music and reading

Attached: 1526174517982.jpg (1280x720, 44K)

Sounds like you did the right thing

Also teach lay people what you're learning. Or write an "article" or blog

Just wear earphones and when they try talk to you, either act like you can't hear them or say "no thank you"

Rolling

I guess? There's a whole section about jews in this book by the way, doesn't really detract the whole idea behind the book.

Also read Peak by Anders Ericsson, which is a more scholarly, psychological study of a lot of what Gladwell claims. He sorta refutes the 10000 Hour Rule, but taken together they both provide useful advice and examples.

I thought of that, but sounds like pussying out to me.

My problem is that I have two ways of talking back to people: extremely polite or extremely rude. There's no middle ground, and it's fucking ruining my life in all sorts of ways.

Stop thinking with your ego. You go to gym to make gains. Whatever method of conversation allows you to make gains in the gym is the right one. Just be polite and firm. Say no thank you and smile.

bump

WE'RE ALL GONNA MAKE IT, BROS!!!

Read the life changing magic of tidying up and just got rid of some clothes. Feels good.

Anybody here have success with jelquing? Is jelquing /sig/?

Can completely relate. The keeping of stuff that doesnt make me happy and that I just was not able to let go, because I couldnt let go of the past really dragged me down

What is the minimum amount of time i can spend on entertainment that is not a hobby or something productive, without getting burned out with all the work?

Same as making any other kind of gains. Mattersofsize dot com is one of the better resources.

I cannot stop being skinny fat.
I'm an 18 year old senior in high school, this is when I should be losing this before it's too late.

Fucking help me

What I've been doing for 2 months:
>better diet (mainly meats and vegetables), hardly any carbs, 1 g protein/lb
>aiming for a 400 deficit
>basic body weight exercises every day
>gym three times a week, mile on treadmill before each

Am I just hoping for too much so soon? I don't see ANY difference.
I'm very close to joining the army to get rid of this shit

Do the cardio after lifting. Since you're young and new at this you can trust in the noob gains and eat at maintenance

Literally 0 How do you define productive is up to you. Even machines have downtime for repairs and servicing.
Once task generation is complete, you can filter for high and low energy tasks. Once your stores are low do low energy tasks. Or things to recover energy.
It doesn’t take much energy to build up your music library for example. Or to meditate. Or draw.
There are four boxes for working memory as we currently understand it. Visiospatial Sketchpad, the phonological loop, the episodic buffer and the central executive.
Typically the PL is words and math, but you can engage both the VS and PL without much interference. If one of the four is burnt out you can use the other ones. CE is decisions, EB is time based so projecting into the future connecting to the past or monitoring present reality, VS is image processing, and again PL is words and Numbers.

So if you’re tired of analyzing and deciding, it’s productive to rest those areas and work on visual-projection stuff.
By the time you wear out all four you’ve had a long day.
Eventually you might just finish whatever it is you were doing in the first place. Conferences are full of midlife crisis people who are very successful, saw and did it all and now need to find something else to do.

Attached: 127394D9-3B67-4E88-B9AF-7F615C384B96.jpg (512x481, 26K)

Not all, only those that wanna make it will.

At what age is it too late to change careers? I chose what I am in now because I was ready to give up in life and it seemed like something I could accomplish with minimal effort and now I regret it.

This

It never is. Pursue your happiness.

I'm leaving Jow Forums for a while, I cannot stand all this blackpill/r9k/lookism faggotry anymore
I encourage you non-retarded anons to do the same, this cannot be good for your mental health

Attached: 1546348651740.png (1440x2880, 736K)

>27 years old
>lost friends in HS
>leads to isolation and makes personality worse, no girls obviously
>no social development so gain no friends, go to college and same problem with friends and girls
>misery and severe depression caused by social isolation leads to poor performance in college
>can't get into the programs I had planned to because grades not good enough
>work a shit job and living with parents because I don't care about anything at all and I'm miserable and angry every waking moment, which in turn pushes people away even more because all I can do is make jokes and make people laugh and be funny but too weird and angry for anyone to want to be around me

>too insecure about not ever having had sex, a girlfriend, or even been on a date to even try to get a girl
>too insecure about not having friends to try to make them
>everyone just annoys and angers me, seem to intentionally sabotage any chance I have at friendships/relationships by being an asshole

And at this point I'm too far gone to even try to have sex or make friends, honestly I don't even have real conversations with people outside of just making jokes because i have no life experiences. the thought of going on a date with a girl and having to sit there for hours talking terrifies me i probably couldnt last more than a few minutes, and thats just one date imagine going on multiple of them or god forbid having to date and have conversations daily oh god i cant be improved im too far gone i just want to die

Once you leave, don't look back
There really isn't much to offer on this site

Attached: 1545419742401.png (862x272, 41K)

What if my dream career requires years of schooling?

It really depends on your situation, but I would say go for it if you think it will make you happy. Lots of community colleges and universities offer night classes for people who are working during the day. There were even a lot of older/working people in my normal undergraduate Law class, if you really want to do it, you can make it work.

Yes it is practically possible for me. I guess it would be best to just do it and not worry, better to try rather than spend my entire life regretting I didn't.

rollo

I'm a Medicine students and that sucks for you anonnete.

But the answer is: just do it. Your condition will make a real pain in the ass the first weeks of exercise and you need a lot of mental strength and resilience to go through it, but the results of daily consistent physical exercise for your condition are extremely good. After those first weeks everything will hurt less and the exercises will get easier.

Too bad it's so fucking hard to motivate my patients to do that, they usually don't do it consistently which just makes the exercise turn into a sporadic pain in the butt

If you're skinnyfat you should probably bulk before cutting; only cut if you're fat-fat. You're probably building some minor strength but no size because of the cut.
Also if you want an aesthetic difference you should be doing barbell compounds and not meme bodyweight exercises and cardio.

>What can you do today to self improve?
Well, I strained a hamstring pretty bad so I am down for the next couple of days. Looks like I will be focusing on doing pull ups on a door mounted bar. With being stuck at home, I am going to focus on school work and see how far I can get ahead.
My diet is pretty good. Getting back into the swing of things as far as cooking goes. I do not dine out too often.
Reading and studying more. I would like to shitpost a little less and work on getting rid of a sometimes negative internal dialog.
>>Any creative hobbies? They can be very meditative and calming, and get help clear your mind of clutter. Self expression is always good for you.
Not yet, I plan on picking up the guitar again, writing, or maybe some form of drawing or sketching.

I hope all of you are doing fantastic and making strides towards your goals!

Attached: 1541123110333.jpg (720x770, 69K)

Based Gladwell poster.

This is one of my favorite books. I should really read it again and would recommend all of you who have not read it yet to read it. The lessons taught in the book can be applied to anything.

This is kind of the basis of the book.

youtube.com/watch?v=5MgBikgcWnY

Attached: 31959594_10211425074370587_5658943137050001408_n.jpg (750x525, 73K)

Rollerino

Sun Ken Rock FTW

Attached: febf8197d4f32a68f280d9e1a90f6432.jpg (736x1040, 425K)

I forgot how good TEDD talks can be.

youtube.com/watch?v=TQMbvJNRpLE

Marginal adjustments for larges outcomes.

Attached: 1544382226927.jpg (720x496, 53K)

Os it safe to squat without a spotter?

Can I intermittently fast and do a 3 day gym routine on a healthy, protein rich diet?

I'm skinnyfat

What do you mean by protein rich?

~1g protein/ lb

Rolan

Roll :)

anybody got a morning workout routine I could do ? I dont really wanna go outside to run in the morning but moving my body a bit would be nice.maybe something with kettlebells and burpees in it or so ? also rather cardio focused as I dont want it to impact my recovery, I already work out hard 4x a week and do smaller stuff 2x a week at home in the evening.

Any ideas are welcome

Rollin

Rollan'.

Where do you all stand on the idea and utilization of social media? Do you all simply brows, shitpost, or actually share content worth sharing, or even share things about your life?

Attached: 30762836_2047924378555205_5947779047755874304_n.jpg (480x478, 69K)

Is this a good beginner program?
I'm ready to change.

forgot the link
muscleandfitness.com/workouts/workout-routines/complete-mf-beginners-training-guide-plan?day=1

what would your SDI tell you to do, shitbag. you fear jodi, fuck jodi

rollercoaster baby

Is a nigga gonna make it user?
>6’2
>170lbs
>Started going to the gym recently but don’t know much yet
>Doesn’t know how to diet but I’ve cut out all sugar as a start as I know that it’s shit

Attached: 9C1E8C57-F08B-450D-B73D-89F15A964C5E.jpg (1013x927, 729K)

I use social media to post my artwork and get word out about my personal projects,like my futuristic space magic tabletop rpg I plan to publish, I'm aiming to get a patreon and maybe even a youtube channel, I'd love to stream a variety of content from viods and streams of art making and tutorials to gaming content, maybe even goofy vidya related videos, Then I can post animations when I have time to make them and eventually music that I make. It's pretyy jack of all trades-ey, but it;s how I've always preferred to work, ultimately I'd like to combine all of my art and design and performance skills into making animated shorts, stuff I could submit to film festivals. It's a long road but I'm trying to plan accordingly.

Attached: 1529578330428.jpg (783x800, 50K)

Bump

I shitpost and argue politics. When I get Jow Forums though, I’ll get new accounts and be a “trainer” and encourage normies to get Jow Forums

Attached: 76716C33-B1E7-456A-96B0-C54E808FFEBA.jpg (735x736, 65K)

You know what, imma actually roll

Literally impossible for me to do

been losing weight steadily, read a pretty fucking great book this weekend over at my friends beachhouse (albert camus the stranger), went to the beach so i got those sweet vitamin D gains and met a pretty cool girl.
i actually didnt pussy out this time and i tried to my best with the little time i had with her. shes like a sister to my friend and the two famillies got together today so i didnt have that much time alone with her. probably going back to that beach town next weekend and going to make a move. regret is for faggots so fuck that shit
wish me luck anons.

/blog

Attached: 1545336550331.jpg (543x594, 169K)

roll

>be 20
>small close group of hs friends
>chill,smoke weed, do shit together
>good people, not lazy
>become self aware of our social dynamic
>consciously and subconsciously feel insecure when with them

It's painfully obvious that my one friend that I'll call Bob is the leader of our group. Bob is a pretty friendly dude but is also assertive and has good work ethic. Lately when I get high I get feelings of insecurity when I'm with my mates, especially when Bob invites his friends. I don't feel in control and powerless, even sometimes seeking for Bob's approval over decisions.

I feel like Bob is watching my every move even though he wouldn't care enough to do so. It's gotten to point I compare myself to Bob unwillingly all the time and its been fucking with my study,work and gains always second questioning myself. Bob and the boys are genuinely good people, they're the only friends I see often. I don't want to cut them off, and I'm too afraid to talk to anyone about it but I feel its best for me to stop smoking weed and focus on myself for a while. What would you guys do??

Attached: 1539505514192.jpg (540x371, 70K)

I think you should either talk to Bob in private about how you feel and maybe he’ll give a suggestion or something. Or you could ignore all of how you feel and work 2x as hard and stop comparing yourself to others

ROLLIN'

Rollarino

roll

It sounds like you’re spending too much time on fit and taking the “mogged” meme too seriously. You don’t have to compare yourself to anybody else in your group. Nobody cares.