I'm a total beginner in the gym, and I love deadlifting but hate squats. They're kind of scary to me...

I'm a total beginner in the gym, and I love deadlifting but hate squats. They're kind of scary to me. Can I just deadlift?

Attached: 1547087826346s.jpg (250x236, 4K)

Contrary to Jow Forums you don’t need to do any lift including squats. Just make sure you hit your legs in some other way. Deadlifts aren’t enough alone

Ofc you can. Squats aren't really necessary for getting got but for powerlifting and weightlifting. Just make sure you either do a deadlift variation that hit the whole leg intensely (such as trap-bar or behind the back) or do accessories like leg press. However, must say that front squats are GOAT for building legs and abs.

*Getting fit

why do squats scare you user? if its the idea of being crushed by heavy weight, look on youtube for videos on bailing a squat safely

SQUATS
OATS

>bailing a squat
By the order of the comrade People's Commissar of Defence Ioseph Stalin, you shall not bail! Traitors to the gains shall be shot.

You can still progress but you'll never make it. Squats are the king of building strength, there's not substitute. Clearly you're not prepared to do whatever it takes, never gonna happen. People who make it jump right in and foolishly injure themselves yes, but at least they didn't approach the gym with fear.

Why are you scared of them exactly?
If you are going through reps and out of nowhere your legs die you can just throw the bar off your shoulders, the instructors wouldn't be mad if it's the first time they've seen you doing that (unless the floor is made out of glass)

Squats are literally the best exercise.

I'm terrible at squats but I'm not a self-concious pussy so I'm working my linear progression starting from empty bar.

Squats are good just either get proper shoes or squat barefoot for stability. Make sure your knees come forward at the same rate as your hips reduce their angle. You gotta keep the weight over your heels and don’t let your knees buckle inwards.
Fuck t just watch a bunch of videos on squats it’s probably easier to see than read

>I'm a total beginner in the gym
>I love deadlifting
Wait till you get stronger, you'll change your mind.
You love deadlifting because you move the most amount of weight.

Do prisoner squats to work on form, mix it up with Bulgarian split squats and pistol squats to build strength and balance. Then you'll feel more confident doing barbell squats

leg day is a meme, no one cares about legs.

Damn I’m the exact opposite. I recently replaced deadlifts with good mornings so I could squat more. Never felt stronger honestly

Can't you retards who start an entire thread for your personal question just fucking Google or go to the qtddtot thread? Pathetic weak special snowflake syndrome faggots have done shitting up my board.

You misspelled Broseph.

I'm the opposite: I like shit like the Row machine, dumbells, and such but am terrified of any barbell exercise

Can I make it without?

No

If you're upper body is big enough you're basically training your legs every time you walk

Fuck off, fag

Yeah but he won't do front squats because he's a gigantic pussy. Squats are the easiest lift to bail and also almost always have safety bars anyways. Guarantee OP tries front squats and then makes a thread about wrist pain and collarbone discomfort.

if something in the gym scares you, do more of it

>overhead squats look scary
>try to do then
> fuck up my wrist, knee and back

Welp

dont waste your time with overhead squats unless you're doing olympic weightlifting