Is keto just a fad diet, or is it actually a legitimate way to eat?

Is keto just a fad diet, or is it actually a legitimate way to eat?

Attached: Keto.jpg (374x500, 58K)

Keto is a meme diet
Just track calories and lift hard

I think it’s a fad. Eat real, clean foods like the ones u find in the outside sections of the grocery store

good for fatties that cant control themselves, dont know of any other benefits. it does make your lifts weaker.

Both

>Eat real, clean foods
Boy is that descriptive

Both, it’s the natural state of the human body though. We’ve never had access to this amount of carbohydrates to the point of running mainly off glucose until about 7,000 years ago. In addition, our bodies have been used to primarily animal products as an energy source for 2.6 million years or so. Carbs were only eaten out of necessity until the next, actually nutrient dense meal was present. Also all babies are in ketosis

>Is keto just a fad diet,
100% yes

/thread

>Eat your veggies from the grocery store!! Even though they have no real nutrition due to being mass monocropped on nutrient, depleted soil and are filled with oxalates and/or phytates that will inhibit the absorption of vitamins and minerals AND literally have indigestible matter that make your farts stinky and shits runny! You’re SUPPOSED to constantly spike your insulin

Pure speculation

>Both, it’s the natural state of the human body though
Wrong
>We’ve never had access to this amount of carbohydrates to the point of running mainly off glucose until about 7,000 years ago

explain then why hunter gatherer societies ate a balanced macronutrient ratio all over the globe, except for maybe artic peoples like eskimos who don't even eat a ketogenic diet themselves and aren't found in ketosis traditionally.

>We’ve never had access to this amount of carbohydrates to the point of running mainly off glucose until about 7,000 years ago.

Attached: H-G-macronutrients-1024x698.jpg (1024x698, 53K)

I've been trying to eat healthier, and i just ended up eating a keto diet, with a few carbs here and there. I generally eat eggs, cheese, and bacon/meat, then a different meat at dinner. And nuts throughout the day for a snack. I also cook only with bacon fat. Then every couple days I eat some chicken livers and hearts. I feel better than ever but ive been trying to gain weight and it's really hard eating like this because you feel full much sooner than eating lots of carbs.

>you feel full much sooner
Blessed fat helping keep me thin

Post body.

Your chart doesn't show what you think it does

>except for maybe artic peoples like eskimos who don't even eat a ketogenic diet themselves and aren't found in ketosis traditionally.
wat

if you are gonna go into ketosis just do carnivore diet, its actually legit. The energy from high quality animal products (steaks,fish roe, organs,eggs etc) is worth doing the diet imo. My sleep is also better because my snoring has reduced a lot and asthma feels better as well. After going carnivore for a while you start to notice how bland everything tastes without tons of seasoning because the lack of nutrients in standard diets.

Breakfast?

I mean you could track cals and exercise with keto still no?

Is it not eating clean if you cook and eat meat, dairy, veggies and nuts from the store to your plate. I suppose some people excuse the diet as a method of losing weight by cheating aka eating processed meat products, flavoured nuts and "cheese", but you can eat natural and cook at home on a keto too.

Not op but i'll try keto, and hope it works out for me, eitherway it will be interesting seeing what i can squeeze in my daily cal counter and learn good recipes and cooking.

Dont ask Jow Forums if you want a good answer. The majority of people on the keto diet are using it like every other fad diet out there, which means they will only do it for a short period of time. Anything that you. Ant stick to for an extended period of time is bad for you.

If you do it right by eating non processed meats, veggies, and fats and you can stick to it for the rest of your life, then it will be good for you. It's not the only diet that can be healthy, but there are a lot of benefits to a low carb diet (if it can be sustained). But I'd reccomend doing your own research, until you find the answers for yourself, you won't make any progress.

Attached: Screenshot_20190113-111626_Gallery.jpg (707x590, 193K)

The more meats you cook the more fat is going to fall off into the pan. Save the fat from all your cooking, because you can either use it later to fry something, or you can add it to a soup to thicken it, or add it to a dressing... The possibilities are endless. Fat is the single most delicious part of every animal.

I love runny egg yolk and cheese a lot and my family buy plain raw nuts, olive oil, butter, lard and coconut oil shouldn't be too expensive shopping at lidl. Also canned sardines in oil/tomato sauces. I'm ok not reserving and reusing oils but yeah if needed another meal will have the same skillet up and running.

it's both. for me it's great, carbs make me lazy and I get acne breakouts

Both, depending on the person's lifestyle and habits. It's definitely not for everyone.

CAN ANYONE PLS TELL WHERE YOU GET THE 70% OF FAT IN THE KETO DIET

How are you supposed to eat clean if everything is processed these days?and not bleed your wallet in the process?

If The Young Turks were on fit, this would be their defense lol.

>uh uh uh, no you

SOI

It's tough, especially if you're a burger.
I've been meaning to get in with meat suppliers and local farms here in the UK to get grass fed beef, raw milk and pasture raised eggies.

We have a teacher at our local school who went on it and he's lost close to 80lbs(36kgs) and he looks great. I've been on it for about a month now and I've lost 22lbs (10kgs) myself. All you've got to do is keep with it and it works for you.

>eat real, clean foods
thanks bro, will remember to check the party sized bag of doritos to see if it's real and clean

It's an efficient weight loss diet, not an end-all-be-all diet.

a keto diet is for epileptics
the true ketogenic way is through fasting
go watch Snake Diet videos