Should I lowbar squat, or squat like this?

Should I lowbar squat, or squat like this?

youtu.be/rt0296oNNaw?t=231

Attached: squat.png (991x549, 859K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IGlHUYpT0HI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Both

lowbar is retarded fake squatting

Post squat

Most powerlifters do most of their training high bar even though they squat low bar in competition. Low bar lets you lift more weight but high bar puts more emphasis on the quads, and high bar puts less strain on the elbows for those with elbow tendonitis (i.e. 90% of powerlifters at some point)

i for the life of me cannot get it any lower than that pic

high bar if your focus is athleticism and bigger quads in a shorter amount of time
otherwise go for low bar if you just want to move NUMBERS

I get elbow pain from low bar sadly

Post squat

maybe need to widen grip

youtube.com/watch?v=IGlHUYpT0HI
Post squat

Narrower grip fixed my elbow issues, did shoulder dislocates and stretched my chest. For most people a tight chest obstructs low bar than other flexibility.

your ankle mobility and back strength must be really shitty for you to low bar and use a belt

mirin weights

Cope or bait, this was my first time squatting 200kg cleanly. I'll wear a belt at this weight if I want.
Post squat.

Why not train lowbar, since it works more of the posterior chain than high bar? You can always do front squats to suppliment quad work

Its cope from a fucking dyel, good job user

Zercher

I'll tell the owner you dig the iron pl8s

Do you grip the bar with your thumb underneath or do you put it on it rippetoe style?
I tried to do it rip style but my elbow always hurts

Thumb over/Rippetoe style
I can't do thumb under without bearing weight on my wrists/stay secure.

Try the things I outlined as it can't hurt.
Take a video from the side too to make sure your elbows aren't going under the bar at any point, bearing any portion of a reasonable squat on your elbows is going to hurt. This is what used to happen to me.

The level of butthurt

If you actually squatted instead of doing that disgusting mongo shit, you'd be squatting 10% less.

Post squat

Based

I thought low bar hit gluts and hammies more than high bar? I don't need bigger quads, they're already obnoxious.

I still don't know which I should do...

Christ, just pick one that feels comfy and do that. Or do both.

Low bar
You're not Clarence

Can't you retards who start an entire thread for your personal question just fucking Google or go to the qtddtot thread? Pathetic weak special snowflake syndrome faggots have done shitting up my board.

oly style squatting how oldschool bodybuilders like tom platz or arnold did builds more aesthetic legs with bigger teardrop.
low bar squatting, or any squat that's not below parallel, and doing lots of leg presses gives you ugly legs like most people today.
>inb4 niggers get triggered by quality 100% facts just because it's broscience

They are both good to use, High bar builds quads the best though. But the benefit of Low bar is that you can lift more weight and it's easier not to squat too deep. Just do your hardest sets in the way you feel most comfortable.

Low bar builds glutes and spinal erectors more, but high bar builds hamstrings and quads more.

Based and underrated. This lift made my quads and traps expand like nothing else.