Is weight loss surgery a reliable way to lose weight and keep it off...

Is weight loss surgery a reliable way to lose weight and keep it off? I read alot about the success rate of these procedures, but is it the cheap way out?

Attached: Vertical Sleeve 300x258.jpg (300x258, 61K)

When the inevitable societal collapse comes you'll starve to death from lack of vitamins and nutrients. Just man the fuck up and get some will power you fat fucking hog. Are you really such an ill willed sack of fat shit that you need doctors to permanently physically alter your body so you are physically limited from stuffing your fat fucking gullet? Jesus Christ. You're such a fat worthless piece of shit the even if you do get the surgery, you'll pureé all your food so you can maintain your humungous heft. Do the medical system a favor and stop creating more demand for the limited resources it has.

Attached: 1547279293696.jpg (317x432, 24K)

anecdote time. my grandma has her stomach stapled back in the late 1970s and it worked pretty well but she ended up dying from complications from it in 2009. i'm assuming these types of operations dont have risks anymore like that but something to keep it mind that it may fuck you up down the line

Honestly op

My boomer sister had four lipsuctions
And a boob reduction
Some lip fillers that make her look weird

She was never even obese, is like pic or maybe a little more

She’s still fat
She doesn’t believe in cico

>You just have fast metabolism user
Whenever I try to explain it to her illogically
>Yeah no I’m sure, even doctor told me
>I just have slow metabolism no I’m pretty sure it’s how my body works
Me: But look sister I mean
>makes strong eye contact I know like I’ve tried user

She’s fucking taller than me

Do you realize how hard it is not to eat all the shit she buys?
>oh user you know I can’t resist chocolate
>here here pizza yum just today heeethee
>you starving African I hate how you never get fat

Literally spend all day trying to stay busy and not think about the goddamned donuts in the kitchen

>she literally jokingly leaves French fries on my nightstand with notes like “United nations sent me”

She? Got married at 22
Me? Virgin at 26

Attached: CEAE3546-DBEE-4B84-BB7B-94E6D1DFF1F4.jpg (554x554, 20K)

Just count calories and drink the recommended amount of water every day. Go for a walk once every few days. It isn't rocket science.
Pic related I lost 120 lbs from 380. New pic isnt current I'm waiting till I'm jacked to take the 3rd one. You just need to hate yourself a little more. but sooner than later.
Ps. Fucking BBWs is a lot better when there isn't a mountain of fat where your dick should be.

Attached: Screenshot_2.jpg (810x608, 115K)

Shit man being ashamed of being fat is the only thing that helped me. Keep up the good work.

based bbw pussy slayer
good job user

Attached: r0czo9ekyuy11.jpg (481x580, 23K)

Thanks user. The best thing I got out of being a fat fucking loser was my legs. I have 20 inch calves and giant quads. Now just need to get my poverty bench up and I'll be good.

in those my 600 pound life episodes the obese patients really want it but they obviously have no real ability or resolve to control their eating. They would binge eat regardless of the gastric surgery. Learning self-control and portion control is your best bet; drink more water when hungry.

Also I know this lady Gina. She was fat as fuck I mean really fucking fat. Probably close to 5 hundred pounds. She got that surgery and lost a bunch of weight. she couldn't eat shit without puking it back up. She literally had to eat healthy. She managed though through sheer will (or lack of) to stretch her stomach back out and get almost as fat as she was. you need to change it for yourself or even surgery won't help you at all.

simple answer no. not changing the habits that made you fat and simply chopping out most your stomach (which can restretch out over time) simply doesn't work. the recividism rate for weight loss surgery is like 60% at just 2 years out and climbs to over 70% by years 3-4. it just doesn't work as a reliable method alone. however, it's profit generation for the medical industry is why it's pushed so heavily now

I went from 110kg down to 80 currently and was very happy with my calves when I started going gym aswell. How was your loose skin, I haven't got lean enough yet where I could properly see if it was an issue?

Attached: download.jpg (202x249, 6K)

Going to take some heat on this. I got the sleeve about 4 months ago. Was 274lbs now I am down to 197lbs. It works as long as you are serious about relearning portion control and eating the right foods. I could easily be drinking sugar constantly and barely lose anything but I've just learned to bring my meals down to a much smaller size and count out calories. Got another 50lbs to go and then I'm hoping the lessons I've learned with a restricted stomach leads me into a life long habit of good food choices. I miss being able to eat more then an egg but I got myself into this situation because of poor choices and impulse control. Forever being held back from that next bite is my punishment.

Keep in mind it is not fool proof. Cousin got one and she eat like utter shit and is actually 70lbs heavier then when she started. All it does it forcefully make you limit the amount you can eat. Not the actual content.

Attached: 1501551624005.png (1280x1707, 1.81M)

I don't have much loose skin yet. I mean it's loose but I still have about 18%bf. Stretch marks never go away but I'm young still so I'm hoping I can at least fill in whats left with some muscle. Same issue. By the time I lean out ill still be around the 190-200 mark (90 ish kg) I hope but right now I'm not lean enough to see the full extent of what I did. but as of right now it just seems like I don't have much hanging loose skin.

>doing anything but fasting for weight loss in 2019
lmao nice dead meme
go watch Snake Diet videos

Oh nice, good luck with your last few pounds. big inspiration to the fatties on this board

Attached: 1547098132379.jpg (480x360, 11K)

Who the fuck fasts lol. Just don't bulk if you're fat lol.

Again thank you lol. My goal is to get a trainer for Oly weightlifting once I get some more of my numbers up. I would like to Compete in the 2028 Olympics. If I don't make them I still would like to compete in WL meets. This would also be a pretty cool story If I decide to train people ever.

It absolutely is the cheap way out, but it does have a decent success rate. I'm a PT and I have 2 clients that have had lap band surgery. They're dropping tons of weight every week because they almost couldn't overeat if they tried. Basically if you're not drinking your calories, significant weight loss is almost guaranteed after the surgery. However, putting down the fork is a much better option than having someone cut open your abdomen and alter one of your internal organs.

Honestly I know the math. I used to be big into counting calories and meal prepping and did lose all my excess weight but I'll be the first to admit. I'm only human and I drifted back into eating unhealthy because, "fuck it". I like the sleeve because even in 2-5-10-20 years if I lose my resolve again. I will have a permanent limit to how much I can eat. It isn't perfect but it will mean any kind of regression back into bad habits will at least have a limited effect instead of ballooning back up. It is only a few thousand doll hairs and what have I got to lose? I can no longer absolutely stuff myself on holidays? I am by no means counting on failure or giving up but just planning for the future and seeking the most immediate benefits now while I'm young enough to enjoy them.

>Is weight loss surgery a reliable way to lose weight and keep it off?
NO, IT'S NOT. It's the shit-ass weakling choice, for people with NO self-discipline.

>use a modern accurate BMR calculator
>count calories and macros
>300-500kcal/day cut
>limit total carbs to no more than 40% of total calories
>include CARDIO in your physical training
>no """balancing""" your calories burned versus calories eaten nonsense, it doesn't work
>recalculate BMR periodically as fat loss progresses to continue losing fat

When you reach your ideal weight then eat at maintenance but continue to track calories/macros, THIS IS IS YOUR LIFE NOW.

Any other advice is bullshit, and I'll stake my LIFE on that statement.

No you will balloon back up. have you read any of this thread?
You sound like every other fat guy desu not trying to be mean.
>hey there's this thing I wanna do I need advice
"don't do it user here's a bunch of reasons
>okay I'm gonna do it anyway. cus fuck it
this is how you got fat in the first place. It's also how I got fat. you need to change this mental aspect of yourself before you lose the weight. you need to keep your discipline or you will get fat again. cut out sugar alone and you will be doing leagues better than any other fatty here.

>you need to change this mental aspect of yourself before you lose the weight. you need to keep your discipline or you will get fat again.

That is what surgery does. Limit the amount you can eat so you are forced to relearn how to eat proper sized meals and the right foods. It is like bumpers on a bowling lane. Yeah it is taking an easier way out then leaving the gutter open but it will eventually teach you how to throw down the middle. You'll only balloon back up if you learn nothing from the restricted capacity of your stomach and if that is the case you are never going to learn that on your own to begin with.

Fuck bro, for some reason i think you looked better in the first pic, wtf is happening to me

>You'll only balloon back up if you learn nothing from the restricted capacity of your stomach and if that is the case you are never going to learn that on your own to begin with.
Yeah that's actually a great reason to not get the surgery.

>if you get the surgery and learn then that is bad because you didn't do it without the surgery but if you get the surgery and don't learn well you never would have done it without so you shouldn't get the surgery
Did you just have a stroke?

You got then hog seeking genes. They're awakening. Here catch!

Attached: 1543940966541.jpg (854x1280, 104K)

>he drinks during a fast
This isn't 2018 bro. Dry fast is best fast.

Attached: DS2 Meta.gif (500x338, 1.06M)

No I stopped eating and lost weight myself because because I was tired of being a fat useless fuck.
Stop playing the fucking victim. you're fat because you consume 4000 calories a day. Stop fucking doing that.
The initial shock to your system not being stuffed with McDoubles is gonna suck for about 3 days but you get over it.
You don't want to listen to anyone here and you clearly don't want to be the one to make your own fucking changes so delete this fucking thread because its useless.
Go get your surgery No one here gives a fuck enough to battle you on why you're so fucking fat and how to change it. Fix it and stop whining.

Everyone gets so fucking buttmad at anyone looking to do the surgery because they are not doing it the way you did it. Different paths, same destination. Yet you hate this option because it is easier then what you did and you feel everyone must suffer like you. Understandable still makes you a douche.

Anyone here have any tips on how to get over your fat fetish? My gf just had the sleeve, and I am doing everything possible to support her. I truly love her and we both feel like we'll eventually end up married. But in the back of my mind I'm afraid I won't be attracted to her as she gets smaller.

Attached: 1455115532451.jpg (482x434, 37K)

Dude listen Idgaf if you get the surgery or not. It's the fact that you ask for advice then play the victim when people give it to you
>I like the advice and all but i'm gonna disregard everything everyone says and here's a list of reasons why i'm gonna do it anyway.
Now fuck off. You clearly aren't ready

No, wrong.
"""getting the surgery""" doesn't change your BRAIN. You still have the same shit eating habits, even if your goddamned stomach is smaller. It's putting a band-aid on a bullet wound.
>CHANGE YOUR LIFESTYLE
That's the correct way. Surgery is for losers.

i loosed weight to fuck skinny girls and now i am discovering that i like bbw wtf

The only "reasons" I've gotten are
>hurr durr fat fuck don't do it just count calories
>stop whining and being fat and just lose it
>no you fat fuck stop eating McDonalds
Not a single actual good reason not to get it beside assblasted faggots hating the idea because it bypasses the ability to over eat and makes losing weight easier. Something you seem to fucking hate with a vengeance.

My aunt had the surgery and went from 400lb fatty to like 90lbs and then after having a kid she managed to get fat again by eating just reeses cups. Your choice user.

And I didn't suffer. I eat whatever the fuck I want whenever the fuck I want I just eat less of it because there's no need to eat every 2 hours unless you're trying to get jacked as fuck
Every day I lost more weight I got more happy. I felt better about myself and I gained confidence because I was able to do it myself. you're suffering and you cant even feel it because you haven't felt good in years.
mad as fuck/10

Have fun getting your legs cut off man.

>snake diet
>guy who drinks his own piss and is anti-vax

fasters picked a strange mascot

Right. I forgot that was stand operating procedure for weight loss surgery.

>hurr durr fat fuck don't do it just count calories
Science bitch it works. If you burn off less than you consome you lose weight. How many times have you lied to your doctor that you "tried everything"
People get mad at you for this shit all the time because you act like a helpless asshat. Common denominator is you.

what the fuck is wrong with his feet

Still have to count calories after surgery. Just makes over eating harder. Literally still have to do everything everyone else does but there is a hard cap in place. Still not seeing a good reason not to get it besides it pisses you off.

Listen SHITHEAD, I gave you """REASONS""" but apparently YOU DID NOT BOTHER TO READ THEM: SURGERY WILL NOT CHANGE YOUR ***EATING HABITS*** IT ONLY MAKES YOUR STOMACH SMALLER.

YOU HAVE TO CHANGE YOUR ***LIFESTYLE*** SO YOU DO NOT EAT SHIT FATASS FOODS AT ALL ANYMORE AND FURTHERMORE WILL NOT ***WANT THEM*** ANYMORE. OTHERWISE NO SURGERY ON THE PLANET WILL SAVE YOU FROM BEING A FATASS.

***GET CORRECT*** AND CHANGE YOUR ***HEAD***

IS THAT ALL CLEAR ENOUGH FOR YOU? OR ARE YOU GOING TO IGNORE ALL OF IT AND DO WHAT YOU WANT ANYWAY?

I have 2 siblings that did this and they regret it. Don't fuck with the body this way.

Attached: bad-idea.jpg (570x267, 52K)

it doesnt make it harder it makes it impossible because you literally had to have a hot knife penetrate your fucking flesh to accomplish something the 3rd world is best at.

bet it's probably covered by some socialized medicine too. real glad you get to steal food from other kids mouths because you can't put green leafy shit in your shopping cart.

So your "reasons" are.
>if you get the surgery but don't change your eating habits it won't work
The surgery's entire purpose is it is a tool to relearn good eating habits by limiting your food intake. So you learn better portion control and eating good choices instead of just stuffing yourself constantly. Besides worst possible outcome?
>it doesn't work
Kind of a shitty reason not to try. Please though keep replying and showing off how insanely upset you are right now.

You're confirmed for EXTREMELY STUPID.

Do whatever you want, dumb fatass. Doens't affect my health or anyone else's but you.

Enjoy your EPIC FAIL, fatass. WE TRIED.

don't waste anymore time with him user, he's gone. he's demoralized and not even showing up to this conversation, feeding him attention is just going to enable his shitty path further and faster.

>You're confirmed for EXTREMELY STUPID.
>EPIC FAIL
>i have no argument but i much screech autistically

In what ways do they regret it?

There is no justice