WHY THE FUCK IS A GYM MEMBERSHIP SO EXPENSIVE

WHY THE FUCK IS A GYM MEMBERSHIP SO EXPENSIVE

Attached: 991.jpg (583x583, 33K)

Because running a gym is expensive

i pay like $500 a year for my gym membership, i would not consider that expensive for the amount of use i get out of it

People spend money on the wrong shit.

They spent 2/3 of their income on fucking rent and then buy a cheap as fuckmattress, even though all they do in their house is fucking sleep,

A dickload of money on car payment, insurance, gas, only to drive to places less than 2 miles away.

Buy cheap groceries and spend a ton on literally retarded supplements to make up for the shit they're missing in their trash processed foods.

Just look at what matters and you'll see that a gym membership even at 100+ a month is a God damn bargain

how much?

fpbp

Get backpack(s), fill with rocks, get broomstick

I pay 15 dollars a month, and i live in scandinavia. Gym membership is dirt cheap

wtf no it aint. After equipment, overhead is fucking nothing.

Costs 30e a month for me, i think i will be fine.

It's really not user. I'm paying roughly $50 a month, $600 a year. If you can't afford that, kill yourself.

PF is just 10 a month. You could get that panhandling for an hour.

255 us dollars a year in México, i don't consider that "expensive" and i am poor

>$10 per month
>"""expensive"""
FFS you don't even have Planet Fitness around you?
I use Fitness 19 and pay $120 a year in advance. Feels good man.
Up your game OP

35 a month for the only decent gym near me. i'm broke as fuck

I'm a member of a reasonably high-end gym - not the tier where you've got to to be vouched for to join but it is pretty expensive; circa $200/mo (in Europe though).

If you have the extra cash to spend it really helps. You don't have to bring your own towels. If you pay a bit more they'll launder your gym kit for you and give you a private locker. You get a PT session every month for free to bounce ideas off an expert (ok I don't know how they're qualified but they sure as hell know more than me)

I go to this gym far more than the $20/mo gym I used to go to and if you happen to leave your phone lying around it'll still be there when you get back.

I found it to be a truly worthwhile investment and worth prioritising over non-essential expenses.

receptionists, cleaning, machine maintenance, replacing equipment once in a while, water in showers/toilet, rent (usually in some shopping mall), advertising

Is the "overhead" nothing?

I bet you are also one of those people that wonders why bread is so "expensive" if it's just flour, water and yeast

I go to a 24/7 gym for €20. Lots of people from questionable neighbourhoods but they make for good comapny.

Attached: N4fc2b984b153b.jpg (356x464, 56K)

I see your point but bread is fucking cheap.

>mfw free gym membership

Attached: c7442d998e52e03500ec22fc737c68c1.png (680x574, 127K)

if you are that poor, fitness should not be your main priority right now.

If you are that poor you should probably just do bodyweight exercises and run and so on. You can get a lot done that way. Focus on un-fucking your financial situation but don't forget about your body.

currently trying to jew my way out of the $50 startup fee for a gym membership, if it doesnt work ill curl buckets of sand or something idk

>tfw get corporate goodlife membership free through work

life is good

Attached: 1390886497709.jpg (960x600, 189K)

110€ a year bitches

Leases, equipment, staff... and profit margin. You can do without one though - you can do cardio just about anywhere, bodyweight shit just about anywhere, and if you want to lift weights there'll be plenty of secondhand sets hitting the market at the moment.

>tfw ymca
>tfw $60/month
>tfw can't even swim so can't even take advantage of their pool

i sped $29 usd each month. it's cheap for what i get

Dude just learn to swim.

because you don't have a job, so it seems expensive relative to your income.

If you begin to work, you will earn money, and the cost of gym membership will fall as a percentage of your income, and it will no longer seem expensive.