Thoughts on buddhism?

been agnostic and this seems like a religion i can get around for my personality type

Attached: 45250abe95843beb8a3ba27a72204ea5.png (640x960, 28K)

I remember being 19

be hindu and lift for hanuman,when you lift for hanuman rama always spot you, also fuck ravana

Attached: rama.jpg (462x642, 46K)

Fpbp

Bottom feeder cope
Life and its struggle is to be embraced

Attached: mishima.jpg (480x360, 12K)

i spent so many years being so caught up on wether or not god existed that i failed to realize that it doesn't fucking matter. The whole point of religion is having a higher power to believe in. It's all about faith, the mind is a crazy powerful tool and placebo is a very real thing. If a world record marathoner says he was able to run so fast because of god, then fuck it who am i to tell him god doesn't exist, shit just made him run a marathon. Fuck subscribing to a structured belief system, find something that you can find solace in, a higher power that works for you and go with that.

>religion thread
>not Jow Forums related
Don't post this shit here again OP.

Lift weights to glorify Christ and stay away from this onions religion

Attached: 1D058171-18FC-49B4-9561-8DBBB98DF592.jpg (4032x3024, 3.62M)

Go to /his/

this. OP just meditate. dont get absorbed/practice an entire religion that you werent born under, or you will come off as a douche.

Attached: 1545260103768.gif (413x243, 51K)

>Thoughts on buddhism?
I was a bit interested in Theraveda Buddhism, I don't know anything about the other types of Buddhism.
Buddhism is cool on the surface but I don't think it's the right thing for me. To start, from what I know, I wouldn't really call Theraveda a religion, really it's similar (in breadth) to what you see coming out of the presocratics(e.g. parmenides, pythagoras, heraclitus) and it feels like it lacks a certain element to qualify as a religion alongside Hindu, Zoroastrianism, Christianity, the others.
The five precepts and the eightfold path are ok but the first precept especially isn't properly justified if you ask me, I suppose my claim here is sort of reinforced by how it's very common for Buddhists to purchase meat that has already been slaughtered; clearly this is their version of a loophole, and I think it's very easy to argue that the spirit of the precept is what they should be focusing on here, since under Right Livelihood it's made clear that you should abstain from harmful professions; i.e. engaging in a harmful profession (such as hunting, according to the Buddhists) is bad, and if you support those professions with your patronage it only follows that you're supporting something bad.
Torpor/Languor being one of the five hindrances would imply that Buddhism is sort of Jow Forums, but it seems like most monks aren't so I'm not sure what's going on there, in fact I've heard that the pursuit of fitness is somewhat discouraged in the monkhood.
I wasn't a fan of the metaphysics, it definitely wasn't as convincing as presocratic metaphysics, and really that's one of my largest problems with what I know about Buddhism; it's entirely unconvincing to me. I'm probably predisposed to that but regardless I see Buddhism as more of a novelty than anything else, I don't really consider it something to believe in as much as I consider it something to borrow some neat ideas from.

3rd world religion for people who drink and bathe in the same water they shit in

LOL White person.

Buddhism is for Asians.

White people into Buddhism are fucking hippies who are just bullshitting themselves with ideas taken from "Walden."

Jesus fuck faggot, you can actually practice meditation without falling into all the eastern woo woo bullshit.

Attached: 13.png (467x443, 34K)

unless it is your goal to become a monk Buddhism shouldn't be sought out. It will only lead to depression and will stop you from living your life. You either go all out and accept your role in this universe and act as a human or you go full meditative state, anything in between leads to unrest

There is no salvation outside of the Catholic Church.

>Picking your religion based on "what you like" vs what is true

OP get it together

Also this is true

I'm a satanist.

There's nothing wrong with Walden you edgy nigger

to correctly follow buddhism is to sit on your ass forever not doing nor thinking anything.
seriously.