Let's settle this for once

Let's settle this for once.
Does cardio really kill your gains?

Attached: 20190113_171921.jpg (1080x1096, 538K)

no

not eating enough kills your gains

Yeah

>No if
>Literally displays an athlete whose job is to jog for at least 90 minutes every day

>be fat
>join a gym
>start lifting weights and avoid cardio as Jow Forums told me
>everybody and their mom irl tells me that I should do cardio and avoid lifting weights
>tell Jow Forums this and they advice me the opposite

I'm just too confused

Attached: 20190110_013942.jpg (1080x586, 220K)

ignore irl we know better trust

Just do both nigga, lift then do some cardio afterwards

>autists who spend their time obsessing over moving heavy weights rather than developing a personality
>moms repeating what they've heard from other moms
pick one, they're both shit

Don't avoid cardio retard. You need both

Based and thispilled

Do both. Just don’t lift heavy as it will make you hongrier.

Do hiit cardio

thanks

I know man, I usually go run 2-3km every other morning, I go to the gym 4 times a week during the afternoon

I just don't want end up losing weight without building muscle

If you're fat and want to lose weight you have to do both gym and cardio.

Like 1 hr of gym per day isn't gonna make a big difference if you sit on your all ass the other 23 hours. Just look at those biggest loser niggas, they doing cardio for hours per day.

That's the point. He runs around (and takes the sterons) and still looks like that.

cardio is pretty ineffective for losing weight honestly, reducing how much you eat is how you lose weight. You dont even need to go gym at all if your goal is just weightloss, but if youre going to these lengths to lose weight you may as well get fucking jacked at the same time and develop a healthy hobby that isnt eating away your life.

>2020-1
>not jumping on the rowing machine for 10 minutes at the start of your workout
>not getting you're heart rate up a nice bit
>not having a top quality warm
>not having a 20min row post row
>not making at least modest cardio gains

That'll probably be 200 or so calories, make sure you account for it in your macros.

It's god tier. Try it.

If not bait please kys

Both roiders

the guy on the right has accomplished more physically than anyone on this board

10 minutes of 300lb Farmers walks>40 minutes of jogging

Watch Mass-ter Scooby vids. For a guy his age he has fantastic muscle mass, does cardio every day.

>eat low calories
But the whole reason people do cardio is to lose weight. If they're eating a bunch of extra food to make up for it when weight loss is their goal, then they're fucking up.

Do cardio but AFTER lifting.

no

Attached: 1546469519292.jpg (4224x5632, 1.08M)

If you don't train your heart at least a little bit it will be the limiting factor on your lifts.

Attached: 1546024750584.jpg (1280x1823, 254K)

this

Do both but majority of change depends on diet.

cover your body in garbage bags sealed shut, then do some jump rope in the sauna for an hour a day

Half the shit these fags say is bullshit.
Been lifting for one week and watching what I eat and I haven't lost any weight nor have I seen any physical improvements.

You gotta give diet and exercise TIME you won't get instant results.
Also cardio is shit for losing weight but it is still important read a book written by a former USAF Pararescueman instructor (USAF Pararescue is widely considered to be the most physically and demanding training pipeline in the entire U.S. military) that while it won't help you lose weight part of every workout session should be devoted to cardio, when trying to lose weight if you don't want to lift weights due to fear of injury do body weight exercises like various types of pushups, situps, stair climbing, etc.

Should’ve clarified: Ronaldo does cardio to what many would call an excessive degree

>not doing a 20min row sesh after your 10min row sesh
this guy knows

Attached: 12312341253.jpg (422x448, 19K)

>Been lifting for one week
>having an opinion on anything
Pick one

>not doing both for optimal strength and overall health gains
>being too stupid to be able to lift, do cardio and adjust calories based on fitness goals
Shiggy

well yes... thats fucking ronaldo

Light cardio is good to get the heart rate up and maybe more to increase stamina, but if you're bodybuilding, lifting and eating should have a bigger focus.

soccer players cannot roid

hes fucking small btw

>permorfed moderately
>literal professional soccer player

fucking americans i swear to god

Cardio doesn't kill gains. When people made this idiotic argument they were taking advice from the top BBers who are giving their perspective of being on a massive cycle of roids and training. Yes, in that case, moderate cardio might hit your gains a little bit. For them, this is unacceptable, that's why the majority do LISS. For the average lifter, the massive benefits of cardio outweigh any tiny fraction of potential muscle loss. Obviously don't be stupid and run 10+ miles a day and you should be fine.

Former obese faggot here, you have to do botth if you plan to lose weight

Eat more you fuck

More like your muscles turn schizophrenic as you go between building red and white muscle mass.

You can do both until your not fat anymore. Then just lift.

do both faggot lol

Cardio killed my gains at basic training. It could have been the 3 long months of 4-5 hours a sleep a night.
I ate a lot , you learn to eat quick when you only have 2 min to eat.

based and rowpilled

hmmm

>marathon runners
>eat low calories
Pick one

Are you retarded? I almost am positive this is bait but then again there are some dumb motherfuckers out there.

>lifting for one week

This has to be bait

There's a retarded amount of misinformation regarding weight lifting floating around. If someone tells you not to lift weights, you can immedieatly discard any advice they give on fitness.

stop exercising and eat lots of KFC at least 8 times a day.

1/10 made me post

mongoloid picture

cardio improves your blood flow, which in turn helps all manner of things including fat loss.

If your diet is on point, cardio is a fantastic tool. If it isn't you will create a caloric deficit and lose muscle as a result.

This

Just bought a concept 2 model D... if I go for an hour every day, that'll aid in weightloss, assuming im going for efficiency and have perfect form, right?

>Ronaldo
>moderate cardio

Are you retarded or is this meant to be bait?

strenght yes.
hypertrophy no.

>Lifting for one week
>Expecting gains
Woah nigga calm down

I do 10 min cardio session
Lift
10 min cardio session again
Lift again
10 min cardio session again

How is this plan for a cut? Lifting in 12-15 rep range.

Just do quick stuff at high intensity like real athletes. You'll also start getting gassed more often if you skip it.

Kek

Look at rugby players you mongoloids

you'd rather be a fat ass? you don't have muscle, nerd. lose some fat first

This.
All other opinions are brainlets.

What said. Weight loss has more to do with diet than cardio. Focus on learning proper nutrition and macro management in that regard. This is something the 'moms' and other normies also do not get as they have been fed the diet lie. Which is the one that Kellogg's and sugar companies paid for.

My best advice
>Find a reasonable diet that fits your needs and learn the basic cooking skills to accommodate it
It doesn't have to be crazy and restrictive. Simply limiting processed foods, specifically carbs/sugars, will yield you a decent amount of success. After that just balance macros appropriately for meals and practice proper portioning. Meal prep can help a lot with that.

>Balance/recovery with workouts
Don't worry about doing intense and complex routines, most are unnecessary unless you have a specific athletic goal (in the competitive sense). Find simple, well rounded routines with a decent amount of recovery days. Adjust and customize according to your needs. Its easier to up the intensity as you see fit, but you cannot undo an injury. If you feel that you need a more specialized routine then switch to that when you are ready. But remember that the basics of form and movement carry through all of them, so master that first.

>Everyone wants to be right
Everyone is going to have an opinion on what you are doing, and why you are doing it wrong. If you are unsure about something then finding a successful hobbyist to talk about the subject with will yield better results than some normie or soccer mom. Also while your body my function the same as everyone else's, some methods might not work as well for you as with others. Others methods of motivation, discipline, and action may be completely different from what will make you successful. Try to find people who were similar to you mentally/physically and succeeded and try to glean some insight from them.

Nah, I like to do intense sprinting occasionally to get that runners high and to emulate being chased by a predator. Running every single day is for fags and n1ggers.