What martial art will most quickly get me to a level where I can soundly beat the shit out of anybody with 0 formal...

What martial art will most quickly get me to a level where I can soundly beat the shit out of anybody with 0 formal training?
Muay Thai? Kick boxing? Sambo?
6'4", 220 lbs
1.5/2.5/3/4 lifts

Attached: 1546041203824.png (233x294, 212K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B07MJTN79T
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

judo

Yea? What do you think the ETA would be? Like a year?

Boxing
Learning curve is pretty fucking steep in judo m8
t. Judo newfag

Second for boxing.
God tier cardio and ass blasting plebs with a quick slip to uppercut is ALMOST better than sex.

Ok. How do I avoid concussions and brain smacking? Do they always train with head gear? Parkinsons scares me to death.

It really depends on the trainer and the organization. Imo classic boxing and muay thai are ones that can get you to a high level fast.

Find a gym that teaches both Boxing and Wrestling
Knows what he's talking about

If you want to train any valid style that is the risk going in. Headgear doesn't make a difference.

6 months boxing you should be good for a drunk hothead situation. Anything beyond a drunk hothead situation the best option is CCW or run

I already carry a gun but I realized that there may be situations where I would want to take it off and actually start shit with somebody, a thing you aren't legally allowed to do while carrying.
Would neck training help avoid brain damage?

i gotchu senpai

Attached: images.jpg (255x402, 73K)

listen man you always run the risk of brain damage unless you wear a fucking helmet or something. pray to god you dont get curbstomped by some faggot who doesnt know when to stop during a fight.

There's a Jow Forums pic about the best martial arts to train, written by a long time martial artist. Sadly I don't have it.

Striking? Muay thai and/or boxing.
Grappling? Wrestling and/or BJJ

There hood ass lookin guy at the gym just slamming the ever loving shit out of the pulleys, obviously damaging them for everybody else.
I had a burning desire to tell him to fucking quit it but felt that shitty 'flight or flight' thing in my stomach.
I've only been in 1 fight and won by a fluke and am pretty sure I'd get my ass handed to me by someone whose been in several.
That's all I want, the ability to confidently tell people to quit fucking shit up.

fight or flight***
sage

Cont, I highly doubt anybody with the discipline to train martial arts would be so inconsiderate in the gym. The slamming the pulleys guy looked like the type who likely grew up fighting unprofessionally.
That's who I want to be able to shut down.
sage

afraid of fighting him? afraid of getting hurt? afraid of losing?

everyone has that fight or flight response, but its up to you how you deal with it. it sounds like youre on the flight side of it.

wheres your masculinity? why are you even lifting?

and plus, you hardly gain anything by fighting him besides getting banned from that gym and maybe a day in jail. i doubt people arent caring as much as you are about the pulleys.

but that isnt what you asked. spend months learning how to take and throw hits at a boxing gym or just fight him and accumulate that into your experience. maybe youll be a beast street fighter or something, who knows.

GL

Probably. The major contributor is multiple small-medium impacts rather than one big one though. Which is why brain trauma is also common among jetskiers and mogul skiiers.

Without going into detail on styles you wont likely find outside of their home nation: boxing/muay thai + bjj/judo/wrestling
t. 20 odd years in martial arts and competed around the world as an amateur

most martial arts are good period vs people who have zero training. As long as it's not a mcdojo

If you just want to be able to beat someone , id recommend krav maga

>afraid of getting hurt? afraid of losing?
Yes.
>everyone has that fight or flight response
Really? Even if you're trained and you're about to confront somebody who likely isn't?
>sounds like youre on the flight side of it.
Doubtlessly.
>wheres your masculinity? why are you even lifting?
I lift to look good, I'm under no delusion that lifting makes me a better fighter. Surly a person who is semi-accustomed to fighting will more likely beat a stronger person, no?
>you hardly gain anything by fighting him
I didn't WANT to fight him. I wanted to tell him to knock that shit out, which, based on his appearance, would likely start a fight. I don't enjoy violence or intimidating people.

Yea but striking arts seems like the surest way to beat untrained people most consistently, I feel. For example, wrestling won't help much until you make it to the ground, if you make it to the ground.
I've heard this is just repacked women's self defense.
Interesting.

>'flight or flight'
>fight or flight***
Nah. That's called a Freudian slip. You're a pussy.

Any of those three.
Judo is good but honestly it takes any degree of competency at it.
Boxing is good too, but long term you want to avoid doing a lot of sparring

I mean, I literally do not know how to fight at all beyond knowing not to put my thumbs in my fist. Is it normal to feel no anxiety before a fight with 0 training?

It's not abnormal. There are a lot of people that just get angry and all feelings of fear/anxiety just leave. I guess that's adrenaline, and the 'fight' option.

If somebody touched my girl, you bet I'd snap and start swinging but when it's a grey zone, like telling a thug to quit breaking shit I don't own, I get anxiety. I feel like that's pretty normal.

You mean shallow. The X axis is time and the Y axis is skill. It takes a very long time to get good. The curve is shallow. Still totally worth learning, though.

Also, shilling my t-shirts.

amazon.com/dp/B07MJTN79T

They're also on teespring (better quality tshirt blank, higher price; also hoodies), but the filter thinks the link is spam

Attached: Screenshot_20190113-181920_2.jpg (1080x1081, 162K)

>wrestling won't help much until you make it to the ground, if you make it to the ground

As someone who went to state in Illinois for wrestling I can tell you that I can take down to the ground anyone who is untrained in grappling. I'm 5'9 btw, so I'm not some huge guy. I've flipped guys over 6 feet and 250+ pounds head over heels, and those guys were wrestlers. An untrained grappler has no chance.

What's your strategy if you're both standing and you're against somebody with a longer reach?
How do you prevent tanking a hit to the face before you do your take-down?
I assume you're not taught how to counter punches in wrestling.

you're ok

At the very bottom of choices, you can always just cover your face and rush in. It is not the best option, but it is more viable than any of the pure striker's choices to avoid take down, which is summed up as nothing.

>based ass blaster

>Bro do we train with headgear or other protectivewear?
>No way bro just put your guard up and get ready to be kicked over and over in the fucking head lol

Attached: A42B4C82-3C65-40F3-9AB3-073F98C632BC.jpg (750x500, 178K)

It’s up to you to decide how much you actually care about standing up to the guy. Are you fond of those cables? You should let him know if you are. If he keeps doing it, just tell him to stop. He’ll probably try to start some shit, and if that’s the route you want to go down (hint: it totally is, it’s totally what you’re picturing in your head bro I can tell) then a couple months of boxing will give you gnarly confidence but you still have to steer while in cruise control, so see if you can figure out wether this guy is a fighter or not before you confront him, since you’ll have the time and all. That big confidence boost won’t help if he’s been whooping ass for twenty years just because he has nothing better to do. It might not matter if you have sick combos if he has been hit in the head so many times it doesn’t really affect him anymore lol, so pick your battles, or just go to another gym christ why are you being such a faggot about it

Ok scrap everything I said before. Just find another gym or go at a different time. You sound like a pacifist pussy

What's so wrong with wanting to preserve the equipment for the good of the gym? What would you guys do if you if you saw somebody damning equipment you use, but don't own?

damaging***
sage

Lets say you win the fight ez only to realise hes a psycho with nothing to loose so he stabbs you to death 2 days later, was the the insured gym equipment worth it?

You've given me much to consider.

Just curious, are you working out at the library?

>6 months boxing you should be good for a drunk hothead situation.
Why not just avoid drunk people? Who needs them?

This kind of thing is more common than some people may realize.

Sometimes it just isn’t possible, double dubs.

Hehe, what gave me away?
*teleports behind you *

Nah I could say it gets steep at times. Like you’re throwing then the sensei points two or three things out and all of sudden it just clicks and the throws smooth like butter

Boxing if you spar often

>6'4"
>220
>past 1/2/3/4
Just calmly pick up your problems and deposit them gently in the nearest dumpster you behemoth

Supposedly yes, but I've never seen it sourced. Would make some sense imo that having a strong neck would help prevent your brain from slamming inside your skull if you can stop the whiplash.

Quick-draw handgun discipline.

Krav maga because its made to be as simple as possible, effective and structured in a way that a base dwelling faggot can turn into a competent fighter in a year or so. No, you won't be beating anyone who has years of training in any viable discipline, but you will be more than ready to get into a street fight. You could also get overconfident and get stabbed, but that's on you.

MMA. You learn everything.

If you don't want to get hit then just do BJJ. It's safe for the brain. After about a year you will be fucking up people who never trained before.

Stay away from anything that doesn't have sparring. If it doesn't have sparring, you're at a dance club. Something that has boxing in it, kicking and grappling are bonus.

Just watch those ears, don't wanna get cauliflower ear, you can wear protection to prevent that

Pic relatoed

Attached: Martial Arts.jpg (1827x551, 226K)

When you are up against someone with a longer reach than you then ground game will be to your advantage.
This is were wrestling and judo are preferred.
People always forget that when you are in a street fight then it will not be like in the movies were you trade blows with eqch other until one falls, I advice to even avoid such a action since you never know when a lucky strike hits you and you hit your head unconcious on the concrete.
Most of the times street fights evolve into wrestling match.
To answer OP. MMA is basic in nature but it gives a solid foundation in terms of grappling and striking so I'd start there.
If concerned with your head, then Judo

You realize wrestlers start on their feet at the beginning of matches right and you get points based on takedowns too.