Have to run a 1.5 miles in under 15 minutes for meps

>have to run a 1.5 miles in under 15 minutes for meps
>can only do a 1 mile in 13 minutes so far
Any running tips, I'm a recovering fatty and have my running test for meps coming up the 18th

Attached: 8E85B532E95C41B398A57EAF0DB262AA.jpg (1080x1350, 67K)

run

Run

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

Run

pic related

Attached: mask.png (584x632, 335K)

corre

Put in more total miles each week. Also lose weight, quit smoking, quit soda.

rofl a 10 minute pace is literally a walk LOL how are you taking 13 minutes????

Alright rookie, heres what you want to do. start running. dont fucking run 10 miles in a day like ur a marsoc navy ranger seal cause youre not. run consistently and when you are nearing the end of ur run you fucking sprint that shit out. dont be a little bitch and hold back 90% of the run just so you can go full force in the last bit. find a steady pace and workout ur legs you weakling. what branch noob?

Unlike lifting, there's no wrong way to run. If you run more, you will get faster. 1 mile in 13 minutes is pathetic, that's barely walking pace. Go outside and run

Doubtful you'll be able to improve that much in 5 days. My advice is to not join the fucking military.

start the couch to 5k program.. your likely closer to a quarter of the way into it from an ability stand point.

wait what the fuck why the fuck would they make u run at meps

Run more.

Holy shit the state of some people. Just fucking run as fast as you can for 15 minutes my God whats so hard about that. Thats only 6mph thats a med-slow jog

>13 minute mile
Pfffft ahhhhhh bruh. C'mon. Practice breathing. In thru nose out thru nose and mouth and nose. The balls of your feet should be hitting the ground first. Posture should be chest up shoulders back opens up the lungs. Don't stop. Don't quit. Numb yourself to the pain. Just focus on your breathing DO NOT BREAK AND SUCK THRU YOUR MOUTH. Purposefully increase breathing tempo as needed.

>meps coming up the 18th

You should have made this thread weeks ago. When did you start training, today? You procrastinated and are going to fail like the fat loser you are. I'm sure it's not the first test you've failed.

they def do not do that

Navy
No idea my recruiter told me that there's a 1.5 mile running test
I don't smoke, have been off soda for two years and lost 60 pounds in the last 5 months
Like I said recovering fat was, I've been a couch potato for last 10 years.
Back in december is when i started lifting and beginning of January is when I started running

I was shit at running at did my 1.5 for PT in 12. You are never going to make it

I hate how the standards are so low for that's. 12:30 was a fail for me when I joined.

It’s not that your body is incapable of doing it, it is, it’s that your mind is incapable of making your body do it. Everyone’s body hurts during cardio. Everyone’s body tells it’s brain to make it stop. You’re just so weak that you actually listen to it.

You just gotta work at it, though considering you have to have it done by the 18th, I'm not sure how much you can change.

do high intensity workouts that require lots of endurance
and legit all you gotta do is just run more lol
force yourself to run at least 1 mile more than what they're asking you so if it's 1.5 mile run
do 2.5 mile run

also running uphill really helps/doing sprints

I was in the Corps so running was all we did. Follow this and you'll be fine. it's not hard just takes time, your full effort, and consistency.

there's no secret to it other than training harder lol

1 mile in 13 minutes? Jesus christ i thought i was out of shape with my 6:50 the other day. Run more.

There definitely is a wrong way to run.

not op but why is it so important to breathe through the nose? i have trouble breathing in through my nose, it feels always semi blocked or some shit

Why the fuck you gotta run to be on a boat

6 laps around the track every day.

Cant have them waddling over to the AA guns when the japinos are flying planes into the hull at mach speed

3 miles up, 3 miles down

If I pull that off will you die?

>No idea my recruiter told me that there's a 1.5 mile running test
probably just trying to weed out the people who would struggle in basic. looks like it's working.

I've seen navy thots here at ft Meade so fat that waddle like a fucking penguin because their legs can't move properly without rubbing together and starting a fire.

>Have been training for months to make 1.5 in under 10 min and other meps testing
>Can only do a 1 mile in 13 minutes so far
You should have started training months ago you actual retard. Starting less than a month before the test is so fucking stupid the crayon munchers would feel smart. Start doing fartlecs and cut shit out of your diet. Try not to push yourself so hard you can't complete the rest of the testing. It is your own fault if you fail, but also your own work if you succeed, faggot.

Attached: 1546419923250.jpg (700x610, 43K)

Sounds right. Meps is just a pee test and butt hole check. You will run in basic

Lol 1 week before. Cardio takes like 2-3 months to build.

her brapper is eating its wrapper

Attached: 2689FB44-0222-45B9-8395-DF400CEA6CA3.jpg (720x755, 263K)

It would be extremely painful

Work through it it'll pass but its important to not turn your throat into the Gobi desert in the first quarter mile lap plus control of the rhythm keeps you from going into uncontrolled panting. This is like the tip of the iceberg of form for long distance running. Breath in deeply and measured through your nose and exhale it all quickly out through your mouth and nose FAST. Then inhale deeply again. It's all about keeping a constant oxygen supply to your lungs and muscles so they don't build up too much lactic acid too quickly.

I'm currently training to join the British army as an officer, and I have to run 1.5 mile in under 10 minutes 30 seconds. The trick is to run consistently at least every other day, ideally every day. There's really no easy way around it, running is the most grindy sport. You should try to run either longer or faster every day too to ensure progress. What I found is pretty beneficial for me is after my longer slower run I rest for 5 minutes (by walking it off, do not sit down and rest) I do a 3 minute best effort sprint, it's a good way of building cardio. Good luck with your selection.

Attached: armyhq-2016-070-0011-officer-graduation.jpg (600x500, 82K)

>1 mile
>15 minutes
Are you sure you have both legs?

Navy guy here, how much do you weigh, how tall are you, and how old are you?

Faggot

lol shoe-noobs
enjoy the brain damage, sub optimal muscle activation, and not having your original knees past 60

he has like 4 days to do it kek

you're screwed OP... my suggestion to you is to take 2-3 scoops of a good pre-workout before doing the test.. Good luck

230, 6'4, 19

Well, first off, don't worry about meps too much, they're just going to make you waddle like a duck, check your ass and make you piss, they don't give a fuck about running, it's boot that it matters. At meps, as long as you don't look like a fatass to an exteme degree, they'll take you, I saw bigger guys in my division, so you should be fine. But still practice running so you don't get asmo'd when you finally get to great lakes.

There's no fitness test at MEPS. Train for basic.

erythropoietin. thank me later

This
they test flexibility shit like the duck walk at MEPS and check if you're flat footed

you're not going to do the run at meps just get stronger and fitter for when you ship out to basic. you should be fine if you can handle the run in basic.

Yeah well the women’s running time is like 16 minutes so they can literally just do a semi-brisk walk and pass

> I'm a recovering fatty and have my running test for meps coming up the 18th

As in 5 days from now?

There's absolutely no chance you can get fast enough in that time. If you had asked 4 months ago, maybe. 5 days? No chance.

If there is no test you have to run more. Work your way up to at least 20 miles a week. This will be done over a few months. Maybe follow a program like C25K.

Not gonna lie, you're slow. You're out of shape. It's going to take a while to get faster. But the best way to get faster is to run more, run longer, and run slower than you think you should. You'll naturally get faster as you run more without having to do any speed workouts.

The 18th? As in 5 days from now? You want to increase your speed from 4.6mph to at least 6mph, a 30% increase, along with a 50% increase in distance, in 5 days?

No problem m8, all you need is determination and a watch and a time machine. First use the time machine to go back to around Thanksgiving. Once you're then, three days a week, do an interval workout of 8 x 400m at 2 minutes per rep, with full standing/walking recovery until your hear rate decreases back to 120-130bpm. (1 mile warmup should go without saying.)

On in-between days, jog at least 3, preferably 4, miles, nonstop, at a relaxed pace, really anything faster than a walk.
The week before your test, quit the intervals and only run 3 miles 48-72 hours before the timed run.
Good luck! Also when did they start doing PT at MEPS?

4u

Search up couch to 5k. Oh nvm, you only have 4 days to get ready.
Based

imagine being a cardiolet

I'm in the same type of situation user. Running a 9:18 mile and going to Air Force BMT. Can also barely do 30 pushups and situps in a minute lol. It just helps if you run a mile or do interval training with leg work too.

Btw you do not run at MEPS. You might have to lift some weird ass deadlift/OHP machine to qualify yourself for some jobs. GL at MEPS man, it's not too difficult, just don't be one of those faggots who can't piss during the piss test lol.

Attached: average joe.png (284x355, 120K)

>how to get faster

Run both long distances (5 miles is what I do) and short distances, like your 1.5 mile, in roughly equal numbers. I do both 2 times a week and I got much better much faster than expected. Pic related is my progress before I stopped updating the thing so you know I'm not full of shit like 90% of Jow Forums.

Attached: running times.png (984x459, 21K)

(ch)Air Force fag here

My main advice for you is to run and don't even worry about lifting. If you're still not the best runner by the time basic rolls around don't worry literally all you do in basic is run and they literally do not give you food capable of making you fat unless you're a skeleton and they're trying to make you gain weight in which case they essentially force feed you.

Brah once you're out of basic (its literally designed to allow you to pass, even the muhrines BMT is a breeze) I highly recommend you get into lifting at least casually. Most of the people who get kicked out are kicked out because they are fat fucks. If you look at running as something you're only going to do once every PT test rolls around you'll be on your way out before you know it. Not to mention fat fucks are the worst, I hate listening to the excuses they cook up and I honestly believe if you fail two PT tests in a row you should be kicked out by default for being useless.

Attached: 1545320341312 (1).jpg (385x625, 22K)

Pace yourself, invest in a stopwatch.

Attached: sammy.jpg (124x125, 2K)

Meade is filled the majority people that haven't and will most likely never been in a combat scenario. They don't see the need of PT other than just to pass and stay in
t. Chairforce at another intel base

no u

Will this make my hamon more powerful?

in high school its 7 mins per mile even with brisk walking. youre not gonna make it

Am I a certified retard if I just graduated with a BSN and I want to enlist in the marines

Former Marine here, cross country nerd, and now tri athlete. AMA fag/OP

My advice: do ab workouts until you want to die. Plank until your abs feel like they're going to explode -- and then do pushups to give them a break. Return to the plank, and repeat until death. Last, run straight -- never hunch or slouch when running; you're literally decompressing your lungs and suffocating yourself when you do this (but you won't do this if you have a solid core).

Alternate days between jogging 3 miles and running sets of 400m as fast as you can.

>1 mile in 13 minutes
That's literally walking speed