Recommendations for people with back problems

Sup Jow Forums,

I've got some fucked up discs in my spine and I can't do squats, deadlifts, crunches, basically anything that requires me to shift the position of my spine during the motion. What do you recommend I do for lower body and core strength? Pls halp

Attached: 1543279819762.jpg (1242x1536, 812K)

Other urls found in this thread:

liveanabolic.com/isometric-exercises-for-abs-that-arent-planks/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

DO NOT move your spine during deadlifts or squats. Hinge at the hips and knees.

You need to do whatever will fix your spine and then take things from there man, jesus christ.

Here's a recommendation: when you make a thread on Jow Forums, don't post a picture of a girl's ass. No one's going to pay any attention to your post.

Seems like Google could answer that within miliseconds
RUDESAGE

Dude I can't risk it, seriously. Its a no go. One form fuck up and I can ruin myself permanently.

You get all your lifting advice from google, do ya?

Trap bar DLs?
Otherwise just leg press, leg curls, etc

Oh wow, I'm in the boat. I have a replacement disc implant L5-S1 level.
I just started going to a personal trainer. It helps a lot to have a guide that knows how to target muscle groups in different ways.
Pic related

Attached: SmartSelectImage_2019-01-14-01-56-51.png (992x1022, 615K)

If it's that dire and dangerous of a situation why haven't you had surgery yet? And you shouldn't go it alone until you know what you're doing so get a professional to help teach you.

Not sure how to help you, Theo.

Chiro and give up squats for good and deadlifts for several months

In all honesty this isn't the right place to ask OP, see a professional.

Look into one-legged stuff for legs like weighted pistol squats or bulgarian split squats. Also belt squats really hit your quads hard, but since the weight is attached around your waist it doesn’t load your spine.
As for core that’s a bit harder since you can’t move your spine, so stick with isometric exercises and exercises where you are hanging off of something, here’s a few examples, but there are lots more
liveanabolic.com/isometric-exercises-for-abs-that-arent-planks/
For rows you can do t-bar rows, seated cable tows etc so that shouldn’t be a problem if bent over rows are too risky. Probably the hardest part to train will be your lower back, as it is so close to your glutes and can easily bend on any lower back exercise if you overdo it. Still very important though to prevent further injuries

Attached: 6408E1AF-3870-4C89-A00C-A44ADE442F44.gif (245x245, 1.97M)

If you have scoly osis Is best to do 244lb rows
Fix very good very fas

You should probably focus on getting your back unfucked before doing any serious lifting. There's not a whole lot of ways to work around a physical disability, my dude.

belt squats nigga
bw lunges
also fix your hips retard

Foundation Training by Dr. Eric Goodman

Attached: DpTYClkU4AAlvTM.jpg large.jpg (1244x1760, 250K)

if you have something that seriously you should be getting advice from a qualified PT not Jow Forums

Find a strength coach and stop looking for anonymous online advice. Find a way to do those squats and DLs with professional guidance, done correctly they will increase your strength and alleviate your back vagina, literally 80 yr old women do them. Otherwise kys faggot.
/thread

Attached: 1528547621136.gif (300x163, 719K)

Trap bar deadlift. Redirects the weight on your lower back to your lower body.

How do i get an ass like this?

Core work through planks. Different isolation exercises for every other muscle group. Wear a belt for extra security.

Use machines if you're the proper height for them. Ignore that they are flamed by everyone.
They still provide a good training in cases such as yours.
Abdominal may be exception and your doctor need to advise on that.

>belt for extra security.
This don't do shit and actually *increase* the chances for an injury.
The only way to stabilize the lumbar from bending is to have a hard plastic shell around the torso with a locking bar that hours from that down to a hard plastic strap that wraps around the thigh, just above the knee. I know because I was in one for 3 months

>I've got some fucked up discs in my spine
The first thing we'd want to know is what exactly is wrong with your back. "got some fucked discs" is pretty vague and if you diagnosed that your self then you are probably wrong and you are doing your self a huge miss service in how you deal with the whole situation. I recommend you check out barbellmedicine.com, they have lots of articles on pain, lower back pain and how to deal with it. Their forums also have a section for rehab.

squats baby, especially if my face is under that ass. BRAPPPP

OP, don't listen to faggots like this. Think about the two choices you have: 1) don't do the shit that you know causes you back pain [something that can make your life miserable until you die] while remembering to be aware that NOBODY will take notice of the fact that you're not doing them (honestly, do you really think you're going to be out on the street somewhere and several people are going to be like, "holy shit! look at how obvious he is, based on his body, that he doesn't do squats & deadlifts!!!" or 2) do the squats & deadlifts that fuck up your back because you must appease .

> "Find a strength coach and stop looking for anonymous online advice. Find a way to do those squats and DLs with professional guidance, done correctly they will increase your strength and alleviate your back vagina, literally 80 yr old women do them. Otherwise kys faggot.
/thread" - ^^^ what an absolute faggot.

But OP, to answer your question: I'm in the same boat. Although it hasn't fixed the problem completely, going to a chiropractor has helped with pain dramatically. It's INSANE how much better you feel after it's done, holy shit. Yes, it's weird while they're cracking your back and shit and it makes crazy noises but shortly after you get up off the table, you feel sooooo much better.