1/2/3/4 or 2/3/4/5 Progress

It's the start of the new year.

Where are you at, and how much have you progressed or declined since 2018?

Personally:
2018:
1/2/2/3

2019:
1.5/ 2.5 / 4 / 4

Attached: deep-squat.jpg (500x441, 137K)

Other urls found in this thread:

startingstrength.com/training/preventing-elbow-pain-in-the-squat
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There’s no reason to lift heavier than 1/2/3/4 unless you compete.

Idk last year but
2/4/4.5/5.5 now

T. Genetic deadend

Switched to oly lifting recently.
Best lifts are 105/140 from the block.
I am extremely limited by technique so my main priority is fixing that rather than increasing numbers. But it would be nice to get my squat from 230 to 240/245 and bench from 140 to 160.

Repping 3/4/5/6

Wanna get to 4/5/6/7

Nice LARP

Enjoy your fucked up body by the age of 45

I started with SS in november 2018, before that did some on and off brolifts.
Stats Nov 2018:
Squat: 70kg
Ohp: 40kg
Bench: 30kg dumbells
DL: 90kg

Stats now:
Squat: 95kg
Ohp: 52,5kg
Bench: 38kg dumbells
DL: 132,5kg

All those are for 5 reps

I didn't do squats for almost a month bcos I had elbow problems from low bar squatting

No LARP, test, deca and tren do wonders

I train with guys in their 40/50s, all of them ex-national/international level athletes, some of them have squatted 270 - 300kg+ and most of them do not have any long term injuries. They've all been injured before, but not one of them is fucked up. Pussy.

Went gym four times last week. Can only go on week days because it's near the office.
Going three days this week because didn't go today and want a rest day.

Is this ok fit

If you can't find a balance between strength and endurance you're going to snap city. Just because you can get big on high reps (which I'm assuming you do) doesn't mean you should.

post body

Lee Haney and Dave Draper are the two that come to mind who lifted heavy, and got huge, and retired without injury.

Nice job, have you worked on your shoulder mobility though? I used to get elbow tendonitis since I couldn't rotate my arms back enough to avoid stressing my elbows during low bar.

Don't do it often, rest days are only if you feel like shit, not because you don't want to go.

Tfw bald but repping 3/4/5/6 LOLLLL

Attached: IMG_20180825_224159_563.jpg (732x732, 80K)

>manlet
>fat as fuck
Everytime
Still impressed tho

Temporarily fat, I've done 7 shows so... C O P E HARDER UNTERMENSCH

How long you juice/lift to get to that?
Even being on test for a year straight I am barely bulked up past normie levels.

How is this manlet his ass looks loads higher than the sink.

>below 6'0
Bro...

Enjoy being a weak pussy

Maybe I should've thrown in the extra kicker

Post your stats, and body before and after if you have one.

I think my shoulder mobility is fine, I just didn't jank my elbows up high enough

Lifted 18 years naturally, hopped on 3 months ago. Not coming off

5'10'' ohhh welllll

Maybe you should learn how to lift before juicing you fuckwit

>How is this manlet his ass looks loads higher than the sink.
I can always spot a manlet.
see

Explain yourself.

Your elbows should be as upright and close to your body as possible.

What the fuck did you look like before gear?

At least my dick looks bigger now that my balls are smaller

Attached: Squat variants.jpg (538x349, 37K)

Gee sorry you'll never be strong due to your C O P E and always afraid to post body/stats LOL

SS says push them up.
I switched to a thump around grip now, feels shifty in the wrists but at least my elbows are fine

Up in regards to your torso

But always keep elbows DOWN during the squat.

startingstrength.com/training/preventing-elbow-pain-in-the-squat

Legs look tiny in this pic but they're my most developed bodypart imo.
110/194cm.

Attached: 014201984532.jpg (608x1080, 162K)

Another note to add,

You're always supposed to flex your lats during the squat, it helps you further pull your elbows down and in to avoid stressing your wrists and elbows too much. It's hard to keep flexed if you have tight hamstrings though.

Oh wow, that sounds very helpful. Thanks user!

I bet your legs are shredded but where's your ass?
No homo

Of course, glad to help

>but where's your ass?
It's the angle + I'm squeezing my glutes in. N-n-no homo.
Nowhere near shredded, I'm about 16% bf I think.
Probably more.

>not finding joy in setting and breaking new PRs
Never gonna make it

Started the year at 0.75/1.25/1.75/2.25 1RM. This time last year I was fucking around at the gym, hopefully a year of consistency can bring me up to 1/2/3/4 for reps, plus a 100kg c&j and an 80kg snatch.

Try playing around with how you grip the bar in the squat. Some people us a thumb less grip, wide grip, etc. in order to work around elbow pain. Otherwise you can do mobility work

>tfw 1pl8 ohp and 1pl8 bench
My bench technique is utter shit. I flare out my arms, can't round my back and lift towards my head. Can't seem to get it right, what can I do?

Unless you train for those oly lifts, don't bother trying to do them if you can't hit 1/2/3/4

even with 4pl8 dead and squat I can't snatch 135 for shit.

That's a technique issue, not strength
Getting stronger isn't going to do that much with dogshit technique. You'll hit a plateau fast.

Change your set up, do some slow and paused reps for warmup, remember to "break the barbell"

I am training them as of this year. C&J 60kg without too much trouble, can barely snatch 35kg though. Need to work OHS, I can power snatch more than I full snatch right now.

There’s never any reason to be weaker than 3/4/5 unless you’re a prissy, limp wristed faggot

Last year I set and hit my goal of 3/4/5

I hit something like 18% bf though and my goal this year is to maintain this body weight and lean out to 10%

new where, may i ask what 1.5/ 2.5 / 4 / 4 means?

.5 is used to measure half a plate. ROUGHLY.
so instead of a 45lb plate it's 25lb
Any digit/Single interval is one plate intervals on the bar.
So /1/ is 135 2 is 225. 3 is 315 and so on

So the stats I posted are:

185/ 275/ 405/ 405

Question for people that are working up to 1/2/3/4.

Almost all beginners/novice routines have you squat twice as much as your deadlift, but you use the same weight increments when progressively overloading. How are you keeping your deadlift a lot higher than your squat? Right now I'm lmao2pl8 squat and lmao2.5pl8 deadlift for 3x5.

2/3.5/4/5

Because most people can deadlift more than they can squat due to lift mechanics.

As a human in modern society, your hammies should be way stronger than your quads. This is just what happens between sitting and bending over.

The magic of squatting first is that when you go to DL, you should be all warmed up/needing 1 ramp up set before you pull your 5rm.

As long as your spine doesn’t move relative to your spine (see: stay neutral throughout the movement) you can fucking rip it on DL sets. And I mean lose your fucking mind and go 150% every time.

Also, most programs recommend 1 set of 5 for DL. That’s way too much volume unless you’re advanced

I'll try bumping it down to 1x5 and occasionally increasing the weight by more than the 10lb or whatever that's suggested. I added 25lbs to each side one week when I fixed my form and decided "fuck it, I can do more than this."

I meant your 3x5 DL is too much volume. Not 1x5

I went from 4-5 plate DL doing 1x5 once a week and 3x5 3-4 days after. There’s no reason to give yourself the calf/ham/and back tightness on top of already being lopsidedly strong to the back.

You might also be relying on your hammies when you squat- I used to do this. You should be focused on getting your hips up and forward out of the hole with your torso upright and not just on the leg muscle activation.
Using your hams to squat is the only real negative of low bar. It takes a lot of training to correct, but you’ll be glad you did

You should always lift to how you feel.

My official program has decent volume with optional accessory volume as well. But this morning, I had some impingement or a small tear in my right rotator cuff so I just hit 3x5@275 bench, did some back work then was done.

Hitting your lifts often gives you flexibility on bad days to focus on recovery. The memesters who do “LMAO1BODY PART PER DAY” lose a whole seven days if they have a single hiccup.

I would honestly have you focus on staying upright in your squat to alleviate unwanted hammy activation and then maybe take a lighter squat day with a heavier deadlift day or do dead’s first every once in awhile just to see where you’re at if your program always has dead’s stacked after skwats.

We’re all gonna make it bro

I do highbar but I'll give extra attention to getting out of the hole today. Luckily I've never missed a DL set except for once when I felt like shit after a missed day because the gym was closed. Diddly is by himself on my routine so I should be fresh to go mad in a couple days. Thanks

1.5/1.9/4/5

oly life

Attached: 1542935504520.jpg (633x454, 115K)

Hit 1.25/2.25/5/4 trex mode in a year
Yes, my squat is stronger than my deadlift I'm a fat retard.

Any tips for intermediate bench progress? I've been running TM but might try HLM for the extra volume

>2018
250/150/280 s/b/d at 105

>goals for 2019
272.5/165/300 s/b/d at a leaner 105

(Kg)

Started November 2018, 99% sedintary lifestyle before (besides the odd fucking around in the gym before giving up)
6'0" 180lbs btw, started at around 175lbs
November 2018:
>OHP: 70 lbs
>Bench: 100 lbs
>Squat: 140 lbs
>Deadlift: 175 lbs
Now:
>OHP: 95 lbs
>Bench: 155 lbs
>Squat: 200 lbs
>Deadlift: 255 lbs
I feel my progress is kinda shit, I'm gonna start bulking a bit more

Is there an equivalent for squat? I can never squat because I have a fucked hip. I will never make 1/2/3/4 :(

hi jon

2.5/4/6/6.5

1RM

Jiren the whey

Pls b a fren

uwu

1.8/2.9/3.8/4.5
breddy good for someone whose 182lbs I think

Hell yeah it is, post routine

ohp switches between standing and seated but I go like this
warmup with 135>3 reps 185>210 my current max x1

Bench is from the pins
warmup 135>225x3>275x2>310x1(315 seems to be a mental plateau for me right now)

haven't squatted heavy in a month due to deadlift focus but that went like
225 warmup > 315 x3 > 355x2 >385x1

deadlift is jefferson style due to hip issues and it feels the best for me
225 warmup>315x1>405x1>455x1

basically my routine is retarded and I'm pretty sure the only way I've made progress is through good genetics

Started lifting in November and got to 1/2/3/4 this weekend. Going to start lifting once per week and doing HIIT and calisthenics instead

Based retard strength

I'm about 2 weeks into greyskull

Stats January 2018:
Squat: 96kgx5
Ohp: 46kgx5
Bench: 70kgx5
DL: 110kgx5

Calisthenics fucking suck
Just lift and do hiit

bodyweight is 76kg

Do you get funny looks for doing Jefferson deads?

Mirin stats

I just do em at home to avoid shit heads trying to give me """""""""""""advice"""""""""""""""

I started lifting early/mid 2018
6'0, started at 165 now weigh 185
OHP - 100x5
Bench - 165x5
Squat - 225x5
Deadlift - 265x5

Then i lost motivation for a month. Now my bench dropped to 135, I hope today was just a bad day, cause i want to blow my brains out