Should i even bother with squats if i'm 1.95m tall?

Should i even bother with squats if i'm 1.95m tall?

Attached: ab699WO_700b.jpg (555x555, 27K)

Attached: CF5E2008-2DB4-44BB-8D9A-28FFCC603B88.png (758x426, 608K)

what is your reasoning? do you want to have developed LEGS?

Do you want to look like Johnny Bravo?

Was thinking that since it's harder for tall people to keep proper form and easier to get injured might aswell just skip them

None of that is true

with such a mindset you're gonna be stuck in DYELtown lol

Attached: 1544589076339.jpg (1024x512, 47K)

I know people who are 2m+ that can squat below parallel with proper form, so why not? It just takes a bit more practice

But most people on the internet said longer femur bone means more pressure when reaching the 90° arc when squatting. And lots of them got injured just because of this. So that's why i'm asking are squats such a big deal?

buy weightlifting shoes, im the same height and the difference it's made to my squats is incredible. I feel far more comfortable and able to go to depth.

Won't you?

I'm 6'4 but my legs aren't that long, so I don't have that issue. But I also use squatting shoes. They are essential.

Last week felt a bit of hip pain when doing them and i'm scared of making it worse also i don't feel like i neglect my form. Tought maybe there's a substitute that's easier to do...

My gym shoes for reference. Somethin wrong with them?

Attached: 20190114_115337.jpg (4160x2340, 1.92M)

There are other kinds of squats you know friendo.
For 2 legs goblet squat until you run out of heavier dumbbells.
For 1 leg split squat and do lunges forward and backward.

yeah something with more of a solid heel. The difference it has made for me is very noticeable.

Attached: adipower.jpg (840x840, 40K)

This

Using those while squatting is a good way to get injured. Get weightlifting shoes.

Too many manlets in this thread
Squats are good for powerlifting and weightlifting. I wouldn't bother doing it for aesthetics tbqh. At 6'5 I rather do trap-bar and behind the back deadlifts than squatting without weightlifting shoes. You can always hit leg press etc if you want extra quads development.

Pros of not doing squats
> more time for upper body training
> better progression on other lifts
> easier to recover from session to session
> never going t-rex mode
Cons of not doing squats
> e-statting sucks

Attached: 2E72E622F9D0455A9D6C35AD21A82DDF.jpg (1080x1064, 127K)

>I wouldn't bother doing it for aesthetics tbqh.
Tom Platz disagrees.

Yeah theyre ugly as fuck

>Pic related
>aesthetics
JUST

Attached: jDS6JOW_d.jpg (640x853, 49K)

Yes, experiment with bar positioning more. I squat below parallel with ease being a fellow 195cm with long femurs. Squats are simply too good to miss out on if ur on any strength program

Horrible squat form, that fucking powerlifting no gains stance is disastrous.

Tallfag with long legs here, i usually alternate between zercher squats and low bar that helped me with lower back and knee discomfort

Bump for interest