Have the new year resolutionists quit yet?

Have the new year resolutionists quit yet?

Attached: received_1219194648245649.jpg (536x960, 52K)

No. Saw one struggling with benching a 1/4pl8. He'll either quit within a few weeks or make it.

mostly they fcked off, but i go at 1am

few still standing, most are gone now. The squat racks are mine again

Say what you want but that grandpa is pulling off a pretty sick spider-man move for his age

Almost all of them. Ironically the only one that looks like he'll be with us for good is an 170cm ultraboomer who always shows up in the same OYK (greek navy seals) tshirt and jeans. He always begins his workout ohping with the most atrocious form. He seems to be actually trying though so props for that I guess.

Attached: 1540271107262.png (400x569, 334K)

yesterday i saw two uber twinks sign up. still the boomer population at the gym is about 50% higher than normal

hopefully, i can't keep going to gym late as fuck, always go around 12 to gym, its super fucking late and my energy is almost all gone

i will check this shit tomorrow, if not, back to cucking myself by working out late

>start off barely able to squeeze out 4 reps with 1/4pl8
>reached 1/2/3/3.5 a week ago

We all start somewhere

That's bluepilled as fuck.
When I was 14, me and my gf started going to the gym and I could bench 185lbs first time doing it..
Not bragging, just telling how important are genetics and that we're not all made equal.

>1/4pl8

Is that 135?

My gym doesn't seem to have had a single one.

Attached: FKeWzUs.jpg (440x330, 51K)

Yeah, user. Everyone starts with a 135 bench;

No, that's about 65 pounds, user.

Most healthy, average height high school athletes start at around 175lbs bench trying to get that 1 pl8.

2pl8*

There's a few that came in, but I think they will make it since they're putting an investment in it by buying sessions with the PTs here. The only thing I don't like is that the PTs for e a lot of machine exercises over free weights.

Nice LARPing.

This is one of the reasons I don't want to join one, everyone is judgemental as fuck

Prove it

The autists on this board don't actually go to any gyms you're fine. I go and no one judges me and if they do they don't say anything to me.

That's cute, when I was 9 and only 6'3" my gf and I went to the gym and I could bench 315 lbs first time for 10 reps easy. Get your shit genetics out of here, manlet.

College gyms are shit twice a year. This semester I lift after I teach. At the big gym there are 12 benches, 3 incline, and 3 decline. All were taken. I almost had to work in with some dude! There are 7 squat racks and 5 Smith machines, all taken. The DB area was chaos.

Things get fixed when the undergrads stop coming because they fail their first test, though, so it doesn't last long.

lmfao honestly nobody gives a fuck. So what, you can bench more to start, doesn't really mean shit if it's the same % of your body weight as someone who lifts less.

If you came to the gym over 210 pounds and you start at 185 you're actually starting lower than someone who started at 160lbs benching 135.

Don't worry about the # unless you're getting into competitive weightlifting, worry about your fitness and how much of your body weight you can bench to determine your true strength.

lmao

Lol
You're saying an average frosh could do that?

Average age of high school athlete is 185cm (6'1) Men testosterone peak at 16. What's so unbelievable to you?

Nah my gym is still packed with people who do curls at a squat rack.

Resolutioner here
I haven't given up yet
Week 3 motherfuckers
Sure, make fun of me when I struggle to bench 125 lbs and curl 25 lbs. I don't give a FUCK.

Attached: gallery1470917828rockeyebrow.gif (480x373, 2.76M)

based

Same...

Blue Monday is a week from today when most give up their new years resolutions

Luckily the resolutioners use only machines so they're not in my way.

Keep at it faggot, people here will only make fun of you if you actually give up after so little time

false .
People will make fun of you on here no matter how huge you get. Ignore Jow Forums and just stick at it lol

I've started a routine for myself trying to pack as much power into me without getting bigger. I need to use the cables to do all the exercises but I think I'm brainlet when it comes to cables.

sick bait

T. Fatty

On a serious note, no one gives a shit about you in the gym. In fact, people are likely to help you out if you're struggling or look wildly confused.

i go at 5pm, i sure hope so

Attached: pepe bat.jpg (396x385, 28K)

redpilled

kek

new years resolutionist here
actually starting to enjoy going a lil bit, especially since im going with friends
still skinny as fuck but i look forward to making gains :)

They seems to have just started at my gym. It was pleasantly dead from nyd to the 7th. Went in yesterday and it was fucking packed

Saw two girls in my gym doing dumbell flys on incline bench.

Shh

Posts like these give me hope. How long did it take you to reach 2pl8?

t. only bench 50kg for 5 reps after 3.5 months

Well, on how much of an incline? Flyes with a slight incline is perfectly valid.

About 10 months? I was really flakey for about a month when starting then missed two weeks due to moving but other than that I was consistent and didn't bulkforce it.

Pinch your shoulders down and back, push your back into the seat and raise your chest. Pinky fingers right next to the little marks. Made a world of difference.

That's not counting the bar, right? Because I am a complete DYEL skeleton and I can dumbbell bench 65 lbs no fucking problem.

>Average age of high school athlete is 185cm (6'1)

Yup, his brain is fried

Relative strength pffft all these markets lifting lmao2pl8

Keep it up and bring those number up maggot

Attached: sergeant-hartman.jpg (1200x675, 176K)

I just watched a PT at my gym give 6 different new people tours literally 10 minutes ago. 6 doean't sound like a lot but that's like 30% more people than usual.

true, but dont start on january please

Test

nice excuse, pussy

Attached: 96b7dab64a209cd0b5543802ff4b87d0b5bc0ea8f9d9c55384bdc43ac718575f.jpg (481x401, 36K)

in an actual gym nobody is judgmental in a bad way, people are just sharing goofy stories here. nobody is actually hating on anyone else

>tfw being such an autist that i'd rather skip 3 weeks of working out just to avoid crowded gym

not having a 0-24 gym at my city sucks

Then go to PF you pussy.

Attached: B0ju1o1IUAEo8hJ.jpg (600x300, 25K)

No, there's some faggot who slways hogs the bench press because he's doing some retarded fucking circuit and he takes forever to get all his meme shit done

It's raining hard here, so I am hoping they don't show up, because for some reason people don't go to the gym when the weather is bad

based and redpilled

>started lifting at the end of november
> obviously im still dyel
>new year comes
>"Haha did you start going to the gym for the new year as well?" before i can even answer "Haha me too buddy"

I hate them why cant they just fucking leave already

DEAR RESOLUTIONER. IF YOU ARE ACTUALLY SERIOUS ABOUT GETTING FIT GET OFF OF THIS BOARD RIGHT NOW IT WILL NOT HELP YOU AT ALL

Normal incline but the point is that they put the weight in front of them, not above.

Yes, I think. There were a few hanging on, but we had the big snowstorm Friday and none of the ones I have seen the past few mwf have been there. All it usually takes is for them to miss one and after that they can keep making excuses

What's up, midwestfag. Same here. Whole gym to myself Friday then a FUCK TON of people today.

>They seems to have just started at my gym. It was pleasantly dead from nyd to the 7th. Went in yesterday and it was fucking packed

Same here. Its fucking hell.

Attached: HarmfulWideeyedIndiancowsmall.gif (435x250, 1.09M)

gramps looking spry
keep it up spidergramps

Good attitude. Prepare yourself for days when your motivation is shit, and force yourself to keep going.

t. DYLE at month 7.

Be patient and work hard user. I believe in you

I signed up for a 20 dollar a month, hole in the wall, 24/7 gym in my town just to avoid the crowds this January. It's worked great so far working out at 2am.

>Monday, full of NY shitters
>Wednesday, less NY shitters
>Friday, only the regulars
Every week, it's hilarious.

good attitude nigger

you're gonna make it

Attached: 1485027913172.jpg (640x539, 44K)

Bitch, I haven't even started.

ive worked out before but im finally stable enough and happy enough to try again

just went for the first time this year there was more people then i expected

heres to not quiting

Attached: IMG_1974.jpg (3264x2448, 1.57M)

We all believe in you. But don't count on your friends to be the reason you go.

kek

Attached: doggo.jpg (650x600, 159K)

who gives a shit lmao

Caffeine. Try to go without it, but if you have unmotivated days, keep some low calorie caffeine products in the house. Down one and you'll all of a sudden feel like going.

We had a new fat dude show up today.

He went to the squat rack.
1pl8
2pl8
3pl8 still below parallel with some speed
>wat is dis?
4pl8
>nice
5pl8 low bar for 5

He did two more sets. Was impressed. Maybe we will get him to 7pl8s.

>hit 1pl8 bench just in time to mog resolutionists

Attached: goggle doggo.jpg (492x498, 87K)

Im a resolutioner, give me your strength Jow Forums. I'll prove everyone they're wrong about me. Im going to make it and so will you.

And everyone that is between the age of 12 and 25 should be able to diddly 4pl8 the first time they try

>kek
Made my night.

I feel the same plus I'm autistic as all fuck. So I bought a home gym. Excuses are just excuses user don't let that stop you

Damn that's pretty rough m8
All of the bigger dudes have migrated to 10 pm when i usually go so i'm the one getting mogged now fuck
Still better than working out in a crowd of resolutioners though

Attached: 1547501271012.png (395x282, 163K)

Nobody on here lifts, let alone speaks in public. Normal people will be too occupied with themselves to even notice you.

>can bench 30kg 3x10 just fine
>Try to move to 40kg (1pl8)
>Can't manage 3 reps
What's wrong with me?

What's 1pl8?
I've been lifting for 2 months and currently bench 30kg.

1 plate is 20kg I think.

I'm 2 months in as well, currently benching 80kg. Afraid to push myself too high without a spotter, so can only increase by small increments. =( Faggot friend still won't join the gym despite saying he would every week.

non-meme answer: 1pl8 refers to having one 45lb (20kg) on each side of a standard 45lb(20kg) barbell. This means that lifting '1pl8' is 60kg, '2pl8' is 100kg, '3pl8' is 120kg, etc etc etc

inb4 "hurr durr, >counting the bar"

Attached: 1536499376466.png (669x414, 654K)

oops, my bad, should read "3pl8 is 140kg"

This Athlean or whatever he calls himself is the weirdest forced meme. He has no charisma. He has no defining features. He just is, like mediocrity personified.

You could toss a dart and hit better meme material.

He's accessible, decently informative, and he has a popular goal body.

Plus shopping a no-charisma anatomy teacher into intense situations is pretty funny IMO.

Sounds like a mental block

This is why leftists cant meme

I was wondering if I had an incredibly weak chest. I just watched Jeff's video and I tick all the red flags. My arm and chest muscles don't get sore when I bench, I just run out of energy. However, on the leg press I really feel my muscles burn.

>leg press