QTDDTOT

It's Still the New Year edition

Do you drink your whey shake by itself or have some other food in the same sitting? And does it make it absorb better? I know vitamins and some medicines are supposed to be taken with food, but I just wonder if the whey itself is considered food enough by itself.

Attached: microloading.png (778x1334, 360K)

Other urls found in this thread:

repfitness.com/strength-equipment/power-and-squat-racks/rep-sr-3000
youtube.com/watch?v=MiRAi2KOfRQ
youtube.com/watch?v=HSoHeSjvIdY
youtube.com/watch?v=rep-qVOkqgk
youtube.com/watch?v=7bLivsAhDFY
youtube.com/watch?v=m2PoMQoDFFs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Question regarding whey usage. When I first started hitting the gym 6 months ago, I went to a supplement seller and asked about it, he told me to go for 2 servings per day, so two scoops of around 25g, so I made accounts and my whey would last 25 days that way which meant I had to buy it every month but I was a bit short on bux at the time, so I read the label and it talked about one serving of one scoop after gym, that way it would last 50 days. So far so good, been doing that, looking way better and leaner but still dyel as fuck, now that I have more experience and have managed to stick on a consistent diet and routine for months, I think I should increase the calorie and protein intake to increase gains, so I've been thinking about those two servings the dude told me about and will stick to that, I usually buy one top-quality whey every 50 days (Gold or equivalent), while I can not afford more of that I can easily afford a cheaper brand every month (the one I've been thinking about is less than half Gold's price), so, my plan is to stick to my top-quality whey right after lifting and then taking one more scoop of the cheaper brand right before sleeping. Is it retarded to use two brands? Should I do somehting else?

Attached: no talkie.png (212x200, 22K)

Can I build muscle mass and achieve some kind of built ottermode if I do muay thai three days a week + weightlifting 3 days a week? I'm going to eat clean and get a shitload of protein everyday and have a caloric surplus on my weightlifting days, while eating at maintenance/deficit on muay thai days. Does that make sense?

I'm still new and been only going to the gym for a couple months so far doing reddit ppl, but it just seems too boring and I feel like I'm getting fat. I'm 178cm (5'10") and and 78kg (170lbs), I'm kinda skinnyfat, but not too fat, most of my weight comes from my relatively massive legs as I used to ride bmx a lot in high school.

Of course, just do full body.

>not buying bulkpowder or myprotein
Yes goyim, buy ON whey, its formulated just for you

>Can I build muscle mass and achieve some kind of built ottermode if I do muay thai three days a week + weightlifting 3 days a week?
Seems reasonable to me. The weight training is going to drive muscle growth, and the martial arts training will be good fat-burning cardio.
>I'm going to eat clean and get a shitload of protein everyday and have a caloric surplus on my weightlifting days, while eating at maintenance/deficit on muay thai days. Does that make sense?
I don't know why you wouldn't just eat at a surplus all the time to feed all that training. Maybe one of the snake oil drinkers can weigh in here. Oops, I meant juice. Snake juice.
>I'm still new and been only going to the gym for a couple months so far doing reddit ppl, but it just seems too boring and I feel like I'm getting fat. I'm 178cm (5'10") and and 78kg (170lbs), I'm kinda skinnyfat, but not too fat, most of my weight comes from my relatively massive legs as I used to ride bmx a lot in high school.
Don't worry about it too much. Focus on your training and let the aesthetics follow. If you're bored of your routine, switch to a different one. And maybe later switch back to rppl when you get bored with that one. Whatever keeps you coming back.

Anytime I squat or deadlift with a more closed stance, I get major pain in my left groin, near the peak of my inguinal abductor.
Is this just a flexibility thing? I've never injured myself in that area afaik. I don't want to be doomed to sumo lifts for life.

Big thanks guys! I hope you have a great day

advice on starting cardio?
i'm an ex smoker and now i vape and i have no cardio experience or skill. also i have no running shoes so i guess i'm stuck to a stationary bike.
do i need to bother with some kind of program? something like a c25k for a stationary bike? or should i use one of those ellipticals?

no other food is really necessary to "absorb" the whey, it's food. there's other complicated stuff involving stimulating hormone responses and timing but it's all probably to a marginal effect.

you're not going to hurt yourself using multiple brands. afaik most of the difference between whey brands and products are going to be flavor and how well they mix in water/liquid. your boy's "2 scoops a day" advice isn't a hard rule. just take as much whey to cover the difference between the protein in your regular meals and your protein goal, which you should establish. also
>supplement seller
if you're able to, i'd recommend you just buy your protein online, it's probably a lot cheaper

Attached: vt9ib8ksf7921.jpg (498x498, 22K)

Elliptical is better if you have access to it since you can use your arms as well as legs. And yes, C25K would work fine as long as you get the resistance dialed in to an appropriate level. It should feel like you have to work some, but not so hard that you feel any kind of muscle burn until maybe the last few minutes. C25K is 100% aerobic LISS, since it's designed as a one-size-fits-all program that shouldn't injure or discourage even the fattest and laziest fatasfatass, so feel free to skip ahead two workouts at a time if the first week feels stupidly easy, or add in some HIIT work once a week.

Get myprotein online. It's pretty cheap. I just look at it as buying food since that's what it is. It doesn't feel so hard on the wallet when you think of it that whey.

Attached: IMG_2399.jpg (480x360, 31K)

Thanks bros, I'll go for it, one scoop right after gym (10pm) and another one of the cheaper whey right before sleeping (11:30pm). I buy most of my shit online, but I still get a few things from that dude, we go to the gym at the same time everyday and he is a total bro, also, I like helping local stores, it's a small town

So, I am currently on jacked & tan 2.0. Very happy with the progress but I realized that I do no care that much about being able to lift heavy. It made me even more angry when I tried on a tank top and I just look like fridge mode. Come somebody recommend me a bodybuilding, aesthetics routine ? I don't even know how to structure them and what their theory is. Somehow everything online is targeted towards powerlifters or momscience. I don't want to look like shit anymore. I get plenty of compliments for my glutes but never for my arms, chest, bag or chest since they are all shit. :(

Attached: question.jpg (500x500, 18K)

How come I can handstand and press to handstand but I can only OHP 40lbs? I weight 136lbs

Also, how do I work legs in a home gym? I only have barbells and a weighted vest so far, I do some squats carrying them but I don’t feel that is enough to work them spaghetti legs

protein timing is mostly irrelevant, but most needed post workout
food > supplementation
canned fish/beans are cheap, available, shelf stable, packed with micros and overall better alternatives

Halp Jow Forums, my left knee is making clicking sounds when I squat. Does anyone have advice?

Whenever I squat my left knee makes a clicking noise. It doesnt hurt there and then, but when walking home from the gym and proceeding 1-2 hours there is a slight discomfort in the knee.

What shall I do? I havent worked out in a long, long time, and my legs are weak as shit. I am currently at 30 kg (!!!) squats and still I get this clicking and proceeding discomfort.

Can anyone help? Any help, thoughts or advice whatsoever is highly appreciated.

Use whatever core program you want then add some isolations for your lagging parts like 3x8-12. Adjust as needed.
Focus on time under tension, progressive overload, full rom and mind muscle connection.

>why can I stand straight up even though my legs can't press 136lbs?

With a rack, bench, barbell and plates you can:
front squat
rdl
hip thrust
calf raise
bulgarian split squat
lunges

Currently building a homegym but not trying to go broke. All I need atm is a squat rack and a bench (which can wait, I do weighted dips + floor press). What do you guys think about this?

repfitness.com/strength-equipment/power-and-squat-racks/rep-sr-3000

I can probably get safeties for my birthday.

How bad is strengthlevel.com's overall lifter % as a measure of how strong you are?

I'm a fatfuck who has only been lifting for 10 weeks, so didn't expect much, but bottom 1% is still depressing.

Also, how is it possible that I am at 3% on bench, 4% on deads, 5% on squats, but it still says my overall score, based on bench, deads and squats is 1%?

Attached: pathetic.gif (1021x462, 12K)

How to reduce redness of pic related?

Attached: IMG_20190114_165736.jpg (2448x3264, 2.28M)

how do i know if i've plateaued and not jsut having bad day?
how fast you generally plateau?

>former 240lb landwhale
>lost 50lb over course of 3 years but have lingered at 180-190lb since last year.
>slowly cutting over last 4 months to 170lb
>tried fasting and have cut to 160lb since Christmas

Should I continue cutting/fasting to hit 150lb before bulking or simply start a long overdue bulk right away?

Attached: image (1).jpg (2417x2999, 2.04M)

Congrats on the weight loss. 160lbs is skelly tier already depending on height, do a clean bulk get those well deserved gains

It's pretty much useless. Compare your self to your past self, not to other people. The only thing that matters is that your lifts are going up.

How is your skin not hanging off you?

Bio Oil if you want to put something on them
They fade with time but never go away
Stop shaving armpits to grow a thick mane of hair to hide them

If i workout late at night, and only drink a shake afterwards and then head straight to bed. do i loose gains during my sleep, seeing as i likely will enter a fasted state during sleep?

A plateau isn't considered as just one day, try going weeks without any progress.
How fast depends on you, your program, your diet etc.

Whoever posted that thread with the vid of the thot pulling up her dress that just got deleted gib sauce pls

no

is there an active youtuber who knows his shit with proper form and such?

alan thrall is pretty goofy :^) (but also seems like a cool guy)

gonna get my test checked in a few days
how do I lower it enough for me to get prescribed a free T cycle?

good job bro, your perseverance has paid off. you are now ready to ascend into lean bulk mode.

drink alcohol the night before, don't sleep the night before, eat like shit, watch my little pony

Favorite rear and side delt exercises?

Mine are lagging behind everything else, not sure if I should just do flys or something meme-y

Barbell Medicine

Obviously Athlean-X

Jeff Nippard seems pretty good, too.

face pull and l raises cover all

>rear delt
>having to ask
>meaning he doesn't already do face pulls
>meaning he doesn't know they're non negotiable
>meaning he doesn't listen to Jeff
Motherfucker is cruisin' for an internal rotation

Okay jokes aside, face pulls are awesome for rear delts. I finish off every workout with 3 sets of 20, or as close as I can get to 20, since sometimes my shoulders get too tired on the third set, and my rear delts get a crazy nice burn. The weight also ramped up pretty fast on them when I started, to my surprise.

Attached: 0cq070k.jpg (543x589, 54K)

Cardio/bodyweight here. Is it bad to do squats as my only lift?

How important are torso rotation exercises?

At the moment, I'm doing three different 'chops' with the cable (horizontal, diagonal low to high and diagonal high to low), where I pull the cable out by turning my body with arms extended, and two variants of bending sideways (one pulling a weight up, one pushing a cable down). Feels like I'm working my obliques pretty hard, but no idea if this will actually achieve what I want, which is a better stabilised core to lower the odds of injury during squats and deads.

Nobody else in my gym seems to do any rotational stuff at all.

>any supplements at all
Gee I wonder who could be behind this post...

Depends on your goals. Squats certainly work most of the important muscles needed to stay healthy and have practical strength. What they don't do is anything much for aesthetics. For that you will want to do something with your pecs (flies or presses, ideally both, although some really brutal push-up variants might be enough), something with your glutes (possibly optional if you are doing a lot of bodyweight stuff which hits them, like lunges) and, if you are male, a whole bunch of shoulder and arm work (but pull-ups and chin-ups are a semi-reasonable substitute).

tl;dr no

shameful self bump

>live my entire Jow Forums life under the impression that cardio is a meme
>decide to give it a try
>barely manage to run a half mile
>vomit, nearly shit myself, collapse trying to catch my breath, felt like my heart is about to explode, blurry vision and next to no motor control for the next 10 minutes

Did I push myself too far or do I keep doing exactly that?

Thanks, buy why are these better than flys? Just wondering. I don't need rehab, just want them bigger.

Also, which form is correct? Ik Jeff knows what he's talking about, but I also know he is taking into consideration people with shoulder issues, which I don't have. Just youtubed how to face pull and got four different ways. dunno wtf to do here.

youtube.com/watch?v=MiRAi2KOfRQ

youtube.com/watch?v=HSoHeSjvIdY

youtube.com/watch?v=rep-qVOkqgk

youtube.com/watch?v=7bLivsAhDFY

Squats dont hit glutes? That's the reason I want to try weighted lifts, I want a little more muscle mass down there

>Stop shaving armpits to grow a thick mane of hair to hide them

Attached: 1546299012130.jpg (640x582, 90K)

Squats don't hit the glutes in isolation, the thighs carry most of the weight. That's why glute bridges/hip thrusts are what assthots prefer.

How do I bulk and not end up a fat cunt? Just reach my macro and calorie goals without topping out on fat, cholesterol, and other shit while continuing to lift?

okay this makes no sense. i used phenibut every few days for a month or so, then after about a week of not using any at all, i use some again. but now all of a sudden it makes me feel anxious, and when i dont take it i feel good. so basically i have reversed the effects and feel like i did when i was on phen all the time now. I'm really happy and all but why would this happen? i know its not anything i did because my lifestyle is just as shitty aside from my lifting numbers have been getting better

Fasting helps with skin retention (apparently).

I started lifting again to supplement my rock climbing and yoga. I dont have a lot of time left over for lifting but still want to see some gainz. Is lifting 2x a week as well as rock climbing/yoga 5x a week enough to see improvement in my body and my climbing?

Hit your goals, do your workouts, and cut when you hit your goals or plateau.
The people who end up as SS lardasses stopped progressing but didn't stop eating.

squats don't hit anything in isolation

That was my point

Wait. I thought glute bridges/hip thrusts were a meme exercise?

where do I go from here?

>Background:
Last year I went from 223 to 160 lbs doing SL(since June) & Cardio while eating at a caloric deficit.
5' 7"
159 lbs
~14.7% BF (bodpod)

>Diet:
Other anons have been told to lean/mild bulk (TDEE + ~300 cal). What results can I expect? How much weight should I try to gain week to week? How do I know when I'm putting on too much mass? How long should this bulk last? My main concern is that I'm gonna get fat again.

>Program:
Squatting heavy 3x's a week has been killing my knees/thighs and I think that its been sabotaging my other lifts. What should I do?
Been thinking about doing a different program but I'm more interested in improving chinups and starting dips. Is Greyskull LP a good choice? Any other suggestions?

Attached: front+side BL.jpg (4540x4032, 2.97M)

yes
do 2x full body

You look like a fag but they're definitely not memes

Grayskull's probably a good choice, though any PPL program should help you.

DUP programs are fun

I'd say try the ways Jeff and Omar do them. They're slightly different from each other, but I think either one could work, depending on which one you feel fits you better after trying them out. The important thing is to get the full extension and rotation.

Bumping because I have the same thing.

I just started getting back into doing abs because I used to believe the meme that squats/bench/deadlifts are good enough for your core.

However, after literally 2 min of doing abs they start cramping up so badly I have to stop. How can I prevent this or do I just gotta keep training because they're that weak?

>The important thing is to get the full extension and rotation.
Alright thanks. I'll try to focus on that

You'll always produce fat as part of the anabolic process when you build muscle. The difference is that it will subcutaneous instead of visceral.

And if you're working out properly while getting your three protons you skew the balance towards muscle.
Also fat doesn't make you fat you retard, sugar does. Cholesterol is good too.

>weighted dips
>gonna make it

Attached: 88FBBD6C-CF3E-4125-BD0D-9B1F1ABFD4D4.jpg (800x450, 61K)

Ask me how I know you're lifts are weak

They used to be 275 bench, 325 squat, 405 deadlift. Now they're roughly 235 bench, 375 bench, and 385 deadlift. I went thru a period where I only did hypertrophy and I kinda regret it now so I'm trying to get my old numbers again

Feel free to mess around a bit with the angle that the machine is set to for your chosen grip. Personally I like to have it coming from slightly above me, and my body position is at a roughly 30 degree angle and bracing with a foot slightly forward, but doing what's comfortable for you is generally a good idea.

Here's another video with some rear delt exercises, if you're curious.

youtube.com/watch?v=m2PoMQoDFFs

>18
>5' 11" (180 cm) (above average in my country) (still manlet in this board)
>185 lbs (84 kgs)
>goal 155 lbs (70 kgs)
>on keto diet
>1 and a half week since I started dieting/exercising
>only doing cardio atm
>will start lifting february
>never lifted in my life
Any advice for beginner?

Also I have a friend under the age of 18 (16). He is not so lucky with height (5' 6" or 168 cm) Can he increase his height with exercise or anyhow? He said he read somewhere fish oil is good for increasing.

I visit Jow Forums really often. It makes me want to go to gym and I don't even know why. I'm ok with how I look and i'm not going to become the biggest/the most ripped guy in the town. I just your local memes and etc.

Attached: Carrot Sandwich.jpg (600x446, 68K)

What isolation exercises are the best in order to help be able to do push ups? I'm desperate, I want to train for the military without raping my already shitty elbows further.

Attached: akko.png (65x137, 12K)

What causes my nipples to always be pointy? When I had 20+% body fat they were inverted, but now they're always popping out.
Are pokey nipples aesthetic?

Also, I have hair around my nipples. Should I pluck them out?

Attached: IMG_20180122_210631.jpg (1080x1080, 212K)

Thanks, I'm 5'10".
Beats me, though I do have some flabby skin is on my thighs and a bit on my neck too.

Fug. Nevermind I take it back solid work user.
However, I disagree with the abs thing still, are you bracing correctly? Using a belt properly?

Start doing pull ups, chin ups and ab/core workouts. Hanging Leg raises/crunches are goat. and get to the gym asap. Do a starting strength routine or similar

Have people recorded how much water weight they gain back after going off keto?

I'm cutting on keto OMAD. I want to cut to 150 then go to maintenance calories for a week or 2. Then I'm planning on going off keto and recording how much weight I gain on carbed maintenance.

I'm coming off of a lower back strain (muscle, not spinal) and I'm itching to get lifting again. Doctor said I should be clear by Fri.

Is wearing a back brace (neoprene compression belt) fine while lifting or will it just weaken my back?

t. triceplet

You don't sound very fit.

Is it normal that my back feels super itchy after doing deadlifts?

It's probably unnecessary, but if it gives you some mental comfort then just wear it. Take it easy getting back into it and listen to your body. Wearing a compression belt will only give additional stability and not fuck with stabilizing muscle activation in the short term.

Your mileage may vary. Depending on your lean mass it's easy to see 10-20 pound swings based on retention. Keep in mind that it's not just water weight but your body replenishes glycogen as part of the refeeding.

Honestly just greasing the groove with more pushups. If you feel pain in your elbows you aren't doing them right. Focus on retracting your scapula and taking a narrow placement of your arms to let your triceps and chest take over.

Just start lifting consistently. Do whatever movements you find fun and makes you want to stick with it. Just doing something at all is going to give you gains, don't fret over making it as efficient as possible. Eat more than you do now and make sure your sleep quality is up to par. Lift three times a week on nonconsecutive days, fullbody if you can swing it.

What isolation are you doing for abs? It really isn't going to make a difference unless you are progressively overloading them, otherwise it's just cardio in comparison to the strain that heavy compound lifts will put on them. Treat them like any other muscle and don't do silly amounts of reps with them.

Is the Tom Brady diet (alkalizing foods, no nightshades, 2+ gallons of water a day) a meme or is it actually legit?

I thought oz. is for liquids? Jesus, you Americlaps

Attached: 1529535126548.jpg (1280x853, 316K)

Alkalising food is the biggest meme. Your body buffers the pH of your blood meaning it's resistant to change. It's always within the same constant range.
If it wasn't you'd be deathly ill

To keep healthy, porbably, te get shredded nope

fuck you tom brady btw

Attached: tom[1].jpg (800x731, 117K)

Am I pushing it by lifting Tues/Thurs/Sat then changing my schedule to Mon/Weds/Fri to accomodate how busy I am this Thursday?
Will I be able to lift and recover fine?
What if I did a bodyweight routine today instead to ease into the change?

Go to the gym anyway. It's good for you :)

you'll be ok

If you're interested in going, then go for it. Once you're used to it, heading to the gym can actually be a lot of fun. I also find it to be a good social experience. So even if I didn't have my own specific fitness goals, I'd still go.

Just make sure to do an actual beginner program once you start going. It's okay to never be the biggest or strongest or most ripped guy in the gym, as long as you work on getting a little bit better all the time.

16oz in a pound. 16oz in a pint. Yeah it's gay as hell and we hate it too but attempting a nationwide switch over to metric would be even worse.

When should you cut? I've been bulking for 4 months and now I'm a fat cunt. My lifts are still pretty novice though. 110kg Squat, 67.5kg bench, 105kg deadlift, 52kg OHP all for 5x5.

Should I just suck it up and keep bulking?

cut whenever you want if you don't like the way you look - no need to be retarded and get needlessly fat
also, how do you squat more than you deadlift?

I've been out of lifting for a few years and I am looking to get back into it. My current body state is skinny fat with some gyno. Should I lose some fat first or go straight to bulking?

Attached: basedromanherald.jpg (1280x720, 153K)

Is it retarded to do sit ups in bed?