/fat/ Sipping tea

>Who is /fat/ for?
For extremely dedicated rotundos who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication.

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss, but use that thread for general questions.

>Read the Jow Forums sticky (redundant in that you should have already but it covers all the basics of diet and exercise)
liamrosen.com/fitness.html

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy(Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your BMI
nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/(complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html(simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal or Cronometer. Works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com(better for packaged food)
cronometer.com(better for generic food/tracking micronutrients)

DO
>count calories, all of them.
>buy scales, be accurate in your measurements. autistically accurate.
>learn how to cook and start cooking your own healthy meals. lean protein and green vegetables.
>develop sustainable healthy lifestyle habits
>eat a lot of protein (1g per lb of goal body weight)
>cardio. learn to love walking.
>start lifting weights! fatties have the advantage that they can build muscle while cutting, especially as complete beginners!
>post your height/weight/screenshot of MFP/Cronometer food log when asking for advice

DON'T
>eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calorie count
>eat processed foods, or at least try to avoid if possible
>drink your calories. alcohol, soda, hot chocolate, fancy starbucks shit. forget it.
>be a retard

Previous thread:

Attached: 1511776042142.png (1000x748, 80K)

CONFESS

Attached: 1516215343668.jpg (615x580, 68K)

bless you father, I haven't sinned yet.

holy bump, may god purge the NYRfags back to the boards from which they came, amen.

Attached: 10231321.jpg (750x1000, 106K)

Below 180lbs lads, started at 197. Pants are fitting again.

good man, Im 5lbs away from leaving the 180s. whats your gw and sw?

Current goal is to get down to 160ish and then do an extremely slow bulk to 175 and stay there.

Are mirrors in gyms slimming? I feel like I look much better and slimmer in the gym, than I do in my own mirror at home

approved for my vertical sleeve gastrectomy lads
this will be my year

Thoughts on OMAD + KETO? Did it help with cravings and focus?

>Tfw breakfast at Chick-fil-A
>3 breakfast filets, 3 egg whites, and 6 tomato slices
>Then I ate a jar of unsweetened pickles
>Then I ate a pint of Halo top
What a waste of a 600 calorie breakfast, I could've had so much overnight oats

Probably due to upper body pump messing with your proportions slightly.

I look slimmer(to myself) after doing cardio

kys faggot fuck out of here

>tfw go to sleep hungry
>wake up not hungry

Attached: 1501579707393.jpg (203x241, 6K)

>go to sleep
>wake up 2lbs heavier

Attached: 1546909157800.jpg (540x720, 33K)

>tfw 4kg from the lowest ive reached before I lost control
>4kg from my knees poking into eachother and not being able to sleep on my side anymore

Attached: fd4.jpg (682x1023, 144K)

I've weighed in at 121kg this morning, the lightest I was in probably 4 years, Still 40 more kilos to go, but that should be possible by the end of the year.

might enter a diet pool and hustle it
easy money

how do fat people do it?
>go to sleep
>wake up 1kg lighter

Imprecise scale most likely, assuming he weighed in right before sleeping and after waking up. If both weigh ins were in the morning, it's just water retention that fluctuates based on a million different things.

nice feel

sleep apnea inhibits fat loss
on paper at least

>tfw so fat you wake up 2kg lighter than the night before

nice fatjack OP

its not fat, its water.

I had TWO atkins nut bars yesterday, in a moment of weakness. Still down about 2 pounds for the week though.

As of yesterday--and I waited until today on the scale to make sure it didn't jump back up--according to my BMI, I am no longer obese.
We're gonna make it, lads.

on to normal BMI

i don't know the exact composition, I'm not a biologist

>Allergies are fucking with sinus again
>postnasal drip causing me to fucking cough non-stop in bed
>getting zero sleep
>no motivation
based, thank you fucking allergies

Right. I'm going to keep on this path. I'm one third of the way to my goal.

if you're not doing 1500cal dont forget to recalculate your TDEE

> 5'11.5" emperor of the manlets
> start at 333 lbs
> get down to 323 lbs
> no conscious changes
> bounce all the way up to 341 lbs

Attached: 33481015d04b3974f9ed7acf616592901b13507ebdabf4.png (1070x601, 507K)

stale format bro

get a food scale and download MFP. stop treating yourself with food, you're not a dog.

I have already recalculated it and I do so every 10 lbs. I'm doing 1200cal right now, because I'm only 5'2".

damn basically no margin of error... good luck, if you ever think of cheating think what the /fat/her will think.

I've made thus far with zero cheating so far and I feel good. I have a deadline for when I want the weight gone, so don't have room for fuck ups. I'll keep doing my best.

>stop treating yourself with food
there wasn't enough information to infer that
unless you know something I don't about this chap

I ate a piece of cheesecake last night. My mom made it for me so I felt obligated to eat it. Woke up feeling like shit. Almost like a hangover

I added three slices of bacon to a whole box of light prep Mac&Cheese.

I was only about 250 cals over my daily, but I still felt like shit and was a pound heavier for my weigh-in today.

No more dumb decisions on Sunday nights.

I'm also that height and am currently 354 lbs, down from 378 at the beginning of last November.

Take pictures every week. It helps a lot. Even the weeks where the scale doesn't seem to move, if you can find differences in your physique, that means it's working.

whats wrong with keto long term? Its dropped me from 225lb to 170lb at 6', am i missing any sort of nutrients that I need to get from other foods or vitamins and shit?

I mostly just eat eggs, bacon, sausage, peanuts/butter, im a man I live by myself so I can keep it simple

I want to start lifting and gaining muscle soon so I'm not sure how that works with keto too, is there any reason to intake carbs for running/pullups/bodyweight stuff?

>TDEE different between 20lbs is 108kcal
does that mean if you eat at approximately maintenance you could gain or lose 20lbs for seemingly no reason?

As long as you're getting all the required nutrients (which you should be whether you're doing keto long term or short), there's no observed detrimental side effects of long term ketosis. Keto originally gained prominence as a way of treating medication-resistant epileptic kids, and they have been put in ketosis for years, although that doesn't necesarrily translate to adults.

Do any of you guys have carpel tunnel? I'm afraid to go back to the gym because of the pain.

thats my point, i dont know WHAT are 'required' nutrients now in 2019

i feel fine but im also 28 years old and in reasonable enough shape at 6' 170lb, i wouldnt notice anything wrong with me right now

/swimbro/ here.
Heres the chart.
Thinking about making a new one soon.

Attached: WEIGHT CHART.png (415x692, 301K)

I'd like the chart better if there were fewer things like "amount of cheese an American eats in a year". I want something physical that I can see in my head.

Would be cool if you could include some more nuanced steps after 80 pounds. Feels bad to be stuck between a newborn calf and a 2 month old horse for "ages".

>I want something physical that I can see in my head.
Not that user, but I go rucking with he weight I've lost (and will probably have to stop going 1:1 soon because I'm still losing and don't want to fuck my back). Nothing makes me go "dang" more than sliding on that extra weight.

>got sick
>whole family has a horrible flu like virus
>struggle to move to the other side of the room
>in such discomfort I would rather die right now than live another day of this misery
>weighed myself
>lost 3kg this week

Looks like I found my silver lining. I'm over half way to my goal and I only started in mid October. Can't thank you fat bastards enough.

Attached: Screenshot_20190114-194042.png (1080x1920, 81K)

why the FUCK AM I ONLY LOSING A POUND A WEEK FOR MONTHS NOW
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Because you're eating 1000 calories below your TDEE everyday.

Scratch that I did the math wrong. It's 500.

is the implication here that a pound is 3500 of calories burned over being intaked

I ate a medium pizza yesterday, only 1700 calories, still below my TDEE for that day but since I don't want to lose an entire day of progress, I'm going for a negative calorie net today. This negative net goal wasn't as hard as I thought it was.

Attached: Screenshot_20190114-170605.png (1080x2160, 95K)

Should I buy a bicycle, /fat/? I haven’t ridden since I stopped going outside much around 10 years ago but I used to love it. I am extremely obese so I feel like people would just be getting a good laugh out of me or staring when they drive past or see me struggling to get up a hill with even just a slight incline. I take my dog for a walk late in the night to avoid people.

I remember in school I was the last person to get back from multiple laps around the school grounds by a large margin, and when I got back everyone was standing there waiting and watching- they (both the teachers and students) ridiculed me. I was humiliated. This kind of thing happened a lot. Made me never want to go outside again.

Recently my dad and I went “hiking” up our local mountain after a lot of coaxing on my dad’s part, it took me a long time and I kept him back because I was taking so long, I didn’t think I could do it but somehow I did, and getting to the top made me realise I had been holding myself back out of shame for years.

I want to do something and experience more and not continue to shut myself off from the world but it’s daunting, I wish I was invisible.

Please be a girl

sorry my dude

So have you already tired being fat and sick, or trying to starve yourselves? Then it's time to ditch the dairy,fat and cooking oils and start losing weight without even trying. Also your arteries will get clear quickly

Attached: 1500240611945.jpg (2400x3600, 470K)

A pound of fat is 3500 calories so every time you burn 3500 calories through BMR and exercise you lose a pound.

Where you at in your weight loss carbs bro?

>everyone was standing there waiting and watching
Generally only children and young adults are this cruel, but I understand the trauma that follows you. I'd be lying if I said I don't notice fat people are fat, but I usually just think "good for them" when I see them out and about.

You might have a hard time riding if you're extremely obese, but having the bike could be good motivation to get in shape enough to use it. If you used to love biking, hold on to that love and strive to achieve it again.
Try to not care so much about what other people think. People see fatasses all the time, there's nothing novel about it for them, and you're not in school with teens anymore. Most adults go about their own business and never think about the fat person they saw again once they're out of sight. Anyone who acts like a dick when they see a fat person trying to better themselves is human trash and doesn't matter. Don't let your desire to re-join and enjoy the world be held back by shitty people and pointless fears.

>ditch dairy
No thanks.
>ditch fat
>lose weight without even trying
You're retarded.

>only 1,700 calories
the fuck are you saying thats a ridiculous amount of calories

>I am extremely obese
if you are truly extremely obese, then no, you shouldn't buy a bike. most bikes are rated for up to about 250 pounds and that's it. that means if you're "extremely" obese, you're likely heavier than that. you'll end up breaking the bike and it will discourage you further. even worse, if it happens in public around people you'll be mortified. now, they *DO* make bikes for the extremely obese that are rated for up to 400 pounds, but those bikes will often cost up to $4,000 USD and I'm not sure it's worth it to invest that much into a bike, even if you're wealthy/well-off.

what you *should* be doing is continuing your hiking. it doesn't cost you a penny and it's a great way to build the stamina and endurance that you're going to need going forward. get down low enough to reward yourself with a bike. and on that day, when you've gotten under 250 pounds or heck maybe even under 200 pounds, buy yourself a bike as a reward for how far you've come. and then ride that sucker until you're at your goal.

not for a pizza, I used to eat extra large ones that were 3000 and sometimes 4000 calories or more, 1.7k is nothing compared to those beasts.

>>start lifting weights! fatties have the advantage that they can build muscle while cutting, especially as complete beginners!
is this true though
im past my noob gains, i went from being fat to a lot stronger skinnyfat guy (lost 10kg) by lifting/eating way below my maintance (not a whole lot of cardio tho) how do i make sure that i dont end up auschwitz tier?

Yes get a bike. Just make sure it supports your weight, They're not that expensive as makes it out to be. Mine is rated for 375lb and it cost me 649€ new. You can probably find better deals if you look hard enough.

down 33lbs as of this morning, let's get this low-calorie bread lads!!!

Attached: lol.gif (245x140, 1.59M)

>I remember in school I was the last person to get back from multiple laps around the school grounds by a large margin, and when I got back everyone was standing there waiting and watching- they (both the teachers and students) ridiculed me. I was humiliated. This kind of thing happened a lot. Made me never want to go outside again.
i know dat feel bro, even worse when you used to live in very small city like me

Will you have to have loose skin removal surgery when you get to our goal?
I likely will, I’m around half way there (60lbs gone, 60 more to go) and it’s already pretty dire.

*your

cribbing off of this, will I likely need this? I am currently 170lb from max of 225lb at 6', I still have a beer gut basically so i dont have loose skin yet, but it seems like im way too big to not have any when i get down to visible abs type of size

Maybe that skin will get used for more core msucles and stretch up to cover my upper body, but im still concerned i will have a bit of shitty skin around my waist. The absolute worst case scenario, what fucking woman wants to suck your dick with skin flapping in her eyes, sounds disgusting family

No. I don't think it will be that bad, and it's not worth the money or recovery time. I don't want to turn into a monster if I ever get fat again for whatever reason.

>The absolute worst case scenario, what fucking woman wants to suck your dick with skin flapping in her eyes, sounds disgusting family
yeah, you might as well just remain obese instead so that no woman would want to suck your dick with your fat beer belly in the way instead.

the absolute state of heterosexuals in these threads, I swear to the Goddess

No one can tell you if you need it or not. It's pretty personal. There are people out there who went from 150 to 60kg and didn't have any issues with loose skin and then there are others who lose 30 or 40 kilos and have tons.
I would only start worrying about it, if you're nearly there and can see what happens to your skin. Also it can take a good bit for the skin to unstretch itself and filling it out with muscle obviously will help too.

well at 6' 170lb i wouldnt consider myself obese but will i ever look like a greek god? literally no so of course im pissed and sad

i am optimal weight ofcourse. i join here sometimes to help you. just being a kind hearted that i am :p

you will be in serious trouble in your 40-50's i would guess with that attitude. and the way to there will be suffering too. better get smart quicker

Attached: 1505272785690.jpg (1360x1965, 378K)

Nah, you should be fine and if it is an issue I imagine it would be extremely minor. It wouldn’t be so bad to be flopping into some poor girl’s eyes, that kind of stuff only happens in the extremely/morbidly obese cases where their guts were huge and flopped down significantly and then lost hundreds of pounds.

right, but you started at 225 and were basically asking "what's the point if I'm just gonna have loose skin and no girl's gonna wanna suck on my dick". so yeah, lose all the weight. if you have loose skin at the end of that journey then you'll cross that bridge when you get there. there's just no sense obsessing over something like this on the way to your goal. it's just doomposting, and that negativity is cancer and it's going to hurt your progress if you allow it to fester.
>will i ever look like a greek god? literally no so of course im pissed
hey, who knows, maybe you won't ever look like a greek god. but you'll look the best you've ever looked in your life. and it will absolutely be good enough to pull some dumb broad to suck on that oversized clit you call a dick. stop letting the perfect become the enemy of the good. unrealistic goals are cancer.
post body

>don't eat anything
>lose weight but become incredibility tired and sick

>eat food
>have energy but become a fat fuck

How the fuck do I lose weight
This is literally fucking impossible

Only privileged people who can afford to be tired lose weight

Attached: 1458542400677.jpg (900x900, 39K)

How the hell do I get back into cutting, or should I start cutting yet if I need to lose 15 kg by summer?
I started last year in June and cut hard while lifting hard. I made very good progress and lost a lot of weight but nowadays I kinda went full maintenance. I'm not eating shit, thank God quitting alcohol/sugar/fast-food was easy enough, and I've made a lot of strength progress since then, but now I want to cut and reveal the world muscles and abs (which are visible even through all this fat).
I already tried cutting again a few times but I can't stick to it. Maybe because I'm objectively not a fattie anymore and I actually have muscles to lose, but damn I want to get back into it.
I'm just giving myself excuses that it's too early, that I'd lose muscle and strength by the time summer hits, and all that.
So realistically, what should I do? Eating at maintenance is awesome by the way, I don't even need to count calories.

based response bro

i have women currently into me right nowm, but I literally say no to them just because I am uncomfortable with how I look. I only let this one girl right now suck my dick, and even though I want to sleep with her I don't because I don't want to take my shirt off in front of her, I am that self conscious that I wouldn't even enjoy it with her thinking about how average I look

Clearly you're fat because of white heterosexual males.

im depressed again and stopped taking weight loss seriously
im not gaining or losing weight, its been stuck at about 180 pounds for a while now
i hate myself

on my fifth day of psmf
kinda fucked up today and ate to many green veggies. came out on 1300 cals instead of 900

Karl mcFranzfries

we don't respond to the LARPer in these threads, user. just leave him be.

ofcourse you become tired if you eat very low calories or get your calories from fat mainly, not from sugar mainly which is human natural main source of calories and energy (such as rice, potatos etc)

Attached: StarWarsIII_Berlin_33.jpg (1920x2560, 813K)

>ofcourse you become tired if you eat very low calories
BUT YOU NEED TO EAT LOW CALORIES TO LOSE WEIGHT

Attached: 58486a72849cf46a2a931338.png (900x900, 154K)

after almost exactly 3 months on Keto i'm switching to a CICO style diet so I can go the gym and sleep properly

I had a question: What the fuck do I cook my stuff in? On keto id just cook all the shit in butter but when trying to CICO I want to go to the gym and workout like I used to but dont know what I should be cooking my eggs and chicken in, do they absorb ALL of the cooking oils or like 50%? Do I include 100% of the calories of cooking oil in MFP?

Attached: giphy.gif (250x250, 1.51M)

im on keto currently, and want to start lifting soon alongside runing i already do, whats this calorie in calorie out stuff? your just going to stat eating carbs too, but count everything so you'll still lose weight anyways?

Yeah it's how I lost weight the first time but im a fat fuck and gained all of it back

the idea is to calculate how much calories you first burn on a daily basis (any online calorie calculator will do desu) and take 500-1000 calories away from the number you get, the bigger the defecit the more weight loss

im just planning on slowly adding carbs, first week 50-75 grams then stay around 100-125 until goal weight and only eat carbs before/after working out

google CICO if you want more info on it

Keto is nice and all but lifting is just impossible on it, just 1 set of bench press and im done for, fucked up sleep cuz of it doesnt help either.

We’re all going to make it anons. We will.

You should be cooking your chicken in the oven, and boiling or poaching your eggs.

Otherwise, yes count the oil

I’m pretty excited about the possibility of being an actual human being when I lose this 60kg. I have felt like some sub human troglodyte for too long. Too long.

okay fatbros help me out because i have some unexplainable issue
i always have hard time falling asleep on days when i lift, is there any logical explaination for this?