Running

>just finished C25K
>need to do 2 miles in 17 minutes
what do i do next to increase my speed?

Attached: SLOT_IS_BACK.jpg (720x791, 51K)

2 miles 17 min is... really fuckin slow. but ok what you do is run 3 miles for your regular days, aim for sub 9 min miles. you can also do 60/120s, sprint for 60 seconds walk for 120, do that for a while. idk its not that hard.

i run 6.50 km a min
thats around 10 mins for a mile
guess i should just keep running huh?

>what do i do next to increase my speed?
Run faster. Serious question, how fat are you? 2 miles in 17 minutes is a light jog.

im 80 kg
started running 50 days ago and was 94 kg
ive completed the C25K program yesterday so im looking into how to increase my speed

Hill sprints, tempo runs, 5ks.

so just by doing 5ks constantly ill get faster ?

Run on a treadmill and put the speed slightly faster than what you're doing, then keep making progress that way.

but the time outside is great
cant i go running outside?

Sure, I don't know what to tell you. Run harder. Sprint. It's not hard. 10 minute miles are honestly pathetic (unless you're a young kid, which could be the case here and I apologize)

and shit im only starting but i get what you are saying

You're probably not pushing yourself hard enough. You're running in your comfort zone.

maybe you are right
should try to run a bit faster

As long as youre pushing yourself, yes. To improve your cardio base, run long slow jogs for 6+ miles. To improve mile pace, fast 5ks, aiming to not only beat the previous time but keep a constant pace. That way your overall pace per mile will go down, as opposed to if you just jogged the first 2 miles and sprinted the last one.

>someone on Jow Forums remembers my country
what a time it was :'(

Attached: Pepe Rhojak.jpg (599x795, 595K)

All of those Rhoadie guys inspire me user
so i should just keep doing the 5K runs but try to get faster each time?

Attached: rylfxiD.png (446x367, 43K)

> so i should keep doing 5k runs
Yes, interspersed with sessions of hill sprints (sprint up a hill for at least 100 metres, jog/walk down, repeat until fucked) and tempo runs. Tempo runs can be broken down into, for example, walk 100 metres, jog 100 metres, sprint 100 metres for 4 miles or can be done as '1 mile at 9 min/mile pace, 1 mile at 8 min/mile pace, 1 mile at 10 min/mile pace' and so forth.

I only lived in zimbabwe when I was very young, but my parents grew up in rhodesia. it's an utter shame what's happened to the place

Attached: Remember Rhodesia.jpg (780x438, 104K)

On the first day of november...
I live in a really really really low area,its 90% flat earth and i cant find any 100 meter hills around here

>On the first day of november...
the ELEVENTH of november
AN INDEPENDENT STATE

Attached: mpcv-and-jwh1.jpg (423x281, 100K)

fucking HELL i fucked it up already
first day of november 1893 is anothe rhoadie
THIS WAS MUCH AGAINST THE WISHES OF CERTAIN GOVERNMENTS

Attached: RhoRecruitingPoster.jpg (747x800, 116K)