/PLG/ - Powerlifting General

LIST OF PLG APPROVED ACRONYMS

>GDE (genetic dead end)
Exercise low-responder. High injury rate, no sports background, weak willed.

>GAYS (gay aylien skull)
Weak bone structure, mouth breather. Wastes time trying to be strong. Jewey faced and mad, but harmless.

>CUCC (cuckold uninjured crying canadian)
Identify as injured, without medical diagnosis. Trans-herniated. Purposely do self-destructive programs like PH3, Smolov, etc. They wanted an excuse to quit.

>VOLEM (voluntary evermediate)
Late beginner, early intermediate. Panics when the bar gets heavy. Program hops, works on technique, or sabotages recovery as an excuse to not progress.

>CHODE (communist homo of dick eating)
Angry, godless little postmodernists who secretly loathe strong, masculine men who won't fuck their boybutt. Some transition into ugly rat faced pedos, others defend said CHODES. Also known as PHAGs (projecting homo ass goblins)

>TCHAD (tries consistently hard all day)
The Isleys, MAs, and other guys with average genes who actually like competing and getting stronger.

Attached: F55A6656-779C-48EA-A953-B5D7A5222D7A.jpg (339x382, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

jamesclear.com/power-of-placebo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>tfw bar slid down almost to tricep on low bar squat
h-help

Attached: 1495198062451.jpg (284x284, 14K)

Is it retarded to add more sets if I’m not stalling?

no its trying hard
good job TCHAD

Yes.

No, just don't go over board with it, as you progress you will need more volume, you can wait to stall to add them but if you feel you recover well from what you are doing adding a bit more won't hurt much.

In for ass (always /plg/ related)
Hopefully the low test janny doesn't ban me for this one
Also 10/10 list

Attached: 1544826160023.jpg (614x768, 101K)

If you want to add more work, add something that is easy to recover from that's not going to increase your injury risk. Push-ups, bodyweight dips, lunges, pull throughs, more upper back work. That's all stuff you can recover from quickly.

Where do I even start with this shit?

Interested in USAPL...

SBD at least 55 lbs, go to USAPL website, sign up, give your money to Satan for approved gear, compete.

its fine my bar in low bar is almost at mid back now .

Get a singlet, familiarize yourself with the rules in feds you may want to compete in that have meets near where you live. Sign up for a meet nearby, preferably with friends, go and have fun. Try to make friends and set PRs.

My hands are still shaking a bit after today's workout like 4 hours ago. Not enough salt or what?

Find your acronym in the list above.

>SBD
uwot

Find a new hobby

neither now what?

jimlarper why do you keep making up labels

it says more about you than you think

Redpill me on belts

They help you squat more weight. They kinda help the deadlift. They make you look like a real try hard for gym points.

I squat 145kg for 5
is it time to get one?

Nobody needs one. Do you want more pounds on your squat for competition?

I just bought a belt and it hasn't added anything to my squat. For contrast, I tried a belt provided by my gym a year ago and it added around 10% to my squat in a week. Could I be wearing the belt too tight? I couldn't decide between two adjacent notches so I went for the tighter one.

is strength sports going mainstream thanks to larry wheelies

Figure it out.

More like, Larry Wheels started doing powerlifting because it was going more mainstream.

There was a half nigger girl at the gym today that was hot and probably on low dose anavar
I'm prety sure I caught her mirin and she definitely caught me mirin, and I want to put my benis inside her but I'm autistic. How do I proceed?

But I'm not too sure abouot it because I hear half nigger girls have tooths on their vagianas (only on one side), amd I don't want mutt babies also

Attached: 1488419637082.jpg (307x462, 20K)

>hello im insecure and therefore racist but i also love black girls because i want one to dominate me and make me into a white slave
Should work

A) nice blog
B)

I'm not insecure I'm just autistic
I don't like black people, I think this particular one looks good and my penis becones the big penis, and she happens to be half black (I think at least). Also that slave thing is literraly projection.

A) thanks
B) but this is powerblogging general?

omfg
omfg
omfg
i have never felt this much power built up in my gut before

holy fuck im about to give birth to a life sized norman kahn

fuck why did you remind my beepis about mulato chicks, hnnng

Can I eat oats like cereal?
Just add some to milk and eat them? Too lazy to cook

I'm in the same boat but change half-nog to white varbie.

Well yeah why not

Yes, you udder retard.

I'm 6'5 VOLEM lanklet
Is it feasible to train for powerlifting at my height (natty) or is it like trying to play basketball as a manlet?
It looks like every tall lift I research in to is on heavy roids

Yes, I prefer them that way

Protip: pour oats and barely enough milk to cover, let it sit for 5-10 minutes. Should become a super chewy thick sludge.
Then add enough milk and stir until you like the consistency, and eat it.

> Trans-herniated
I am in tears.

No reason why you can't get to 400 wilks in time, which would be a respectable performance at most local meets.

Leddit virgin lmao, go back.

> tfw almost squatted into someone

when you hit the only tree in the prairie or something

I dont want to go to university

beltcebo is real

Belt adds 10% for me. I've tested beltless before. Just my experience.

I don't have belt but I still train. I guess I'm stupid

Eat more

Who said you were stupid? You don't need a belt train. You don't even need a belt to compete. If you were trying to win, then yes you would be stupid for not having a belt.

I hate myself with the force of 1000 suns and it sometimes leaks out, like calling myself stupid.

Yikeroni

Im kind of tempted to try a non stim pre workout because I train too late quite often. What can I expect?

>inb4 fix your schedule
Im working on it

>non stim pre workout
Oh neat I was just going to cook a non-meat steak and go drink a non-alcoholic beer.

just drink fast absorbing carbs in 1 shaker and water+minerals in the other.

>minerals
imeant electrolytes.

eat a banana

this and this

>pre workout

Proper hydration and simple carbs are your friend.

not him but I personally enjoy the edge caffeine gives :l

I tried caffeine 200mg pills before workout and never felt anything desu
I still take em cause theyre cheap

What edge?

pills do nothing for me, i need it in coffee.
Cognitive clarity.

>pills do nothing for me, i need it in coffee.
literally definition of placebo

there’s also less in coffee

yeah thats what i mean if higher dose in pill does nothing for him and lower doses from coffee give him some special powers then its by definition placebo.

but it works so it's not placebo.

Why is it only autistic people who like to use the word placebo to discredit what people do that works for them?

This is the best OP in a long ass time.

Sleep + hydration generally does that for me

placebo also works dummy

placebo's definition is that it doesn't produce effect though.

god youre a bigger dum dum than I thought

Placebos do great a measurable effect. There's been plenty of studies to show this.

jamesclear.com/power-of-placebo

Also good proof that neurotic, negative people are cucking themselves with their own brains.

So they gained lot more when they thought they were on steroids, whats the issue?

There is no issue. Placebos work.

How do you guys warm up to your workset, say x5 or x10

mines like
bar 10-20 reps
1 plate 5 reps
+ singles/doubles with 10 or 20kg jumpsuntil 90% of workset weight, usually do double with the 90% weight to see how I feel
then jump to workset

i realized i dont really have a protocol and this is what i did 'intuitively' and i've never actually read how should i warm up

There is no correct warm up. Do what you need to get under the bar with the proper mobility. Try not to do too much. Only do what you need.

> Thor has slept with CPAP mask for a year
Why does every giant lifter do it, do steroids break your nose or something

Can i just do the press, squat (high intensity low volume) and pendlay row (low intensity high volume) everyday? I wanna lift everyday

I already discovered the benefits of electrolytes thanks to plg and I already use simple carbs intra workout and really like it, either juice or some candy I got as a gift that I would throw away otherwise.
So if I already do this there is no use in a non stim pre?

Big necks.

i have a twig neck and gay alien skull

just kill me

>electrolytes thanks to plg
I discovered them after feeling like puking when I trained in 38-44 Celsius weather for the first time. Felt like dying without them, and suffered about 20% performance loss because I wasn't properly hydrated.

Anyone here have any positive or negative experience with daily singles? I've seen two relatively strong guys (both squatting over 5pl8s) use them at the start of their training.

He said five years

Fuck I heard him wrong in the new Larry Wheels video then

I am very dissapointed with the caffeine powder I tried as well. It is no comparision to the rush a simple sugary energy drink provides, even if I take the caffeine with juice. Hell I treid pre workout with DMAA, the old Mesomorph, and I still like Monster with sugar the best. The only thing that also works is good black coffee. If it really is just a placebo effect the diffrence is huge to me.

Today was my first day in the gym lads. It was fucking pathethic. All I could do is squat with empty bar, barely benched it, deadlifted 20kg. At least I somehow convienced my trainer to skip machines and do barbell exercises right away, he planned me to do meme machines for 3 months before I even touch barbell.

Attached: 1546020587808.jpg (317x379, 44K)

I never felt anything from energy drinks either
I just drink redbulls or monsters for the taste
I should try coffee and see how that goes

Try it. There are a half-dozen books and manuals about it from when it was a huge fad five years ago.

>I just drink redbulls or monsters for the taste
... but they taste like absolute shit

If you are that out of shape, machines, jumping jacks, and some basic cardio might not be a terrible idea LOL

Sup, /plg/.
I was doing minimal full body and making good progress but along the way I'm sure I've hurt my lower back. Specially after every squat set I hang on the racks pullup bar to decompress my spine and almost quaranteed I get pretty strong lower back pain just hanging. The thing is I was literal auswitch tier skeleton when I started working out and I think I have alot of weak points like lower back, abs etc. It would make sense to switch to westside right? My main goal is to increase strength over the years without hurting myself. The lower back pain I have atm has me scared I wont if i keep training like i do.

Attached: the-weak-should-fear-the-strong-1511604.png (500x522, 142K)

I meant plg showed me the solution, I discovered the problem by downhill mountainbiking in the summer, I would get severe headaches in only 33 degree Celsius even if I drank a lot. Regular table salt was a godsend, now I take potassium and magnesium and all the others too. I think a lot of active people actually are low on salt, as you really hardly consume it at all if you cook for yourself.

5/3/1 with lots of body weight assistance

yah, I needed to up my salt too.

Attached: 1518041283588.png (2094x1178, 2.17M)

Mogged

Couple of warrior skull mufuggas.

Attached: BORK.jpg (900x505, 229K)

>>CUCC (cuckold uninjured crying canadian)
>Identify as injured, without medical diagnosis. Trans-herniated. Purposely do self-destructive programs like PH3, Smolov, etc. They wanted an excuse to quit.

DELET THIS

Must be pretty intense trying to keep up with Thor's training.