Has your faith in Christ helped you in your physical pursuits?

Has your faith in Christ helped you in your physical pursuits?

Attached: familyinchurch.jpg (806x1024, 135K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ceG6PMQan3o
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gödel's_ontological_proof
youtu.be/eQ41DZrnnPE?t=7096
youtu.be/K17RjaVmTTk
youtu.be/9Z1PboxRFFs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Didn’t get an answer from the last time you made this thread, nigger?

Any weight is babby weight compared with the cross

I genuinely wish I could have faith. My sister recently "found god," and she seems pretty happy about it.

atheists need not apply

I used to be an edgy atheist. Then I realised the degeneracy godlessness has wrought.

Any struggle you go through, know that they are nothing compared to bearing the sins of the world

I'm not even an atheist, I'm agnostic. It's just, genuinely not even trying to be an edgelord, I've read the bible. And Yahweh, man, he's cruel. Petty. Spiteful. He's everything I've fought my entire life not to be. How can I read that and believe he's some benevolent sky father that loves all of us?

Sounds like you've read r/atheism, not the Bible.

I'm an atheist so no

tired of these contrarian christfags threads on this fucking website

i wish it was 2006 again and there were daily threads on /b/ making fun of you faggots

Attached: 14361297824297.jpg (306x306, 20K)

Go back to your daily cuck threads then, faggot.

My faith in Allah has.

>cuck
hello 2016 reddit newfag, hows highschool coming along

Look man, being condescending is never going to win people over. Genuinely airing my vexations here, never been to reddit in my life. Just flip through the old testament for a second and I guarantee you'll land on a page describing some terrible punishment for what was most likely an accidental slight. I wish I had faith, I wish I believed the forces out there were kind and good, every day believing otherwise is agony. But I can't.

>Has your faith in Christ helped you in your physical pursuits?
The amount of protein from sucking off jews has been good.

I prayed for the calories not to count every night after binge eating for like a year, but for some reason I only got fatter.

Seek the light, walk in Jesus' footsteps

Attached: jesuspepe.jpg (480x480, 47K)

>bible
>Yahweh

I'm actually a Satanist and yea, it helps.

Every punishment I can recall is a result of disobeying a direct instruction, thereby demonstrating a singular lack of trust and faith in God. Intentionally turning away from Him.

Why god hates freedom so much?

Yeah, that's his name, mate. Not going to call one guy "God" when there's about 3000 of them out there.

If you're not a rootless cosmopolitan neoliberal materialist you're living in a fantasy world. It kind of doesn't matter because the machine grinds onwards regardless of your feeble monkey wrenches, but for your own well-being and the experience of your short but valuable life it would be good to get past these fictions.
The fictions buffer you from the sublime experience of a loss of meaning, they decrease your sensitivity to fear and awe, which sounds nice but actually prevents you from generating self sacrifice, heroism, devotion, etc. which are all pretty good.
So, you know. Do your thing but if you want to experience the true depth of the human experience it might be a good idea to let the faith go and embrace the void, let it inspire awe and horrify you. Let your spirit be blasted away and see how it returns.

What's funny to me is that you guys hate muslims but they are against the same "degeneracy" that you are

My pastor was the guy who originally got me into lifting. Dude fought in nam and could probably choke any of us out in like 10 seconds.

But yeah really I only lift for Jesus desu it's the only thing that gives me motivation.

Pic not related sadly but you get the idea

Attached: Capo.jpg (720x598, 43K)

Jesus was a meme

Freedom to choose is literally the basis for Christianity, m8. Your ability to choose does not, however, negate the consequences for poor choices

Your father loves you yes, but it would be wrong of him to not have strict discipline as well.
If your child loved a vice more than you, would you not punish them? This is the kind of love God gives you.

If you're talking about the old testament, realize that he was mad for a reason. He gave the people a specific set of rules to follow, and they went the opposite way every time. That's why He destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, why He flooded the earth. But then He became flesh to save us. He took on our sins, suffered, and died on the cross so we could have a chance at being saved without needing to follow all the old laws. His grace is bestowing the gift of salvation upon us, a bunch of people that don't deserve it, and all we need to do to receive that gift is have faith and follow Him. If that's not a loving Father, I don't know what is.

>so we could have a chance at being saved without needing to follow all the old laws.

>Until Heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass away from the law, until all is accomplished
Matthew 5:18
The old laws continue to be valid m8

Post your favorite scriptures brothers

Psalm 18:31
>For who is God besides the Lord?
>And who is the Rock except our God?

Attached: happyjesus.jpg (1139x1600, 419K)

Every day

Matthew 14:26-33

>But when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were terrified, and said, “It is a ghost!” and they cried out in fear
>But immediately Jesus spoke to them, saying, “Take heart; it is I. Do not be afraid.”
>And Peter answered him, “Lord, if it is you, command me to come to you on the water"
>He said, “Come.” So Peter got out of the boat and walked on the water and came to Jesus
>But when he saw the wind, he was afraid, and beginning to sink he cried out, “Lord, save me.”
>Jesus immediately reached out his hand and took hold of him, saying to him, “O you of little faith, why did you doubt?”
>And when they got into the boat, the wind ceased
>And those in the boat worshiped him, saying, “Truly you are the Son of God.”

Attached: jesussavespeter.png (307x384, 195K)

Cringe

>faith in Christ

Attached: 44269262_2021484317871752_4388515196990128128_n.jpg (234x192, 5K)

imagine being retarded enough to think Christian societies are the same as Muslim ones. Please don't tell me you are in the Sargon of Akkad stage user?

>Look ma I posted it again

you sure told him

We opposed forced conversion, polygamy and paedophilia, m8

>But then He became flesh to save us.

I'm sorry but if you honestly believe this then you haven't read the Bible. God can't die and it was God's son that gave his life for the world not the father in heaven.

Reddit is the most atheistic website on the planet. They used to have Jow Forumsatheism sticked at the top.

reminder that St. Aquinas proved God existed over 750 years ago

Attached: firstway.jpg (700x6826, 600K)

Nice try satan

Attached: christianity.png (980x484, 64K)

Based

>accidental slight
100% of the time it's because the hebrews were being cunts. all of the prophets were sent to tell them that they were about to be in a world of hurt if they didn't quit being degenerates. most of the church fathers were dickheads. Jacob was a genuinely shitty person even after he left laban and made up with esau

this is a 14 year old tier complaint about the god of the old testament and you would understand that all of the punishments were merited if you'd actually read it

it's funny you say this, I was just checking in with a Christian dating site I haven't looked at in a while
no replies, no messages, no likes
I was going to message this one girl but I felt weird about it (I've messaged others on there before)
I still believe in a higher power and that that higher power is a single God and that the God of Abraham etc. makes the most sense, but I'm not that religious any more
I feel like anyone I find that is, I'll be annoyed or awkward around them, or they'll be annoyed or disappointed with me, or I'll say something that messes things up, or we just won't click
but apparently it's not something to worry about since even the religious girls don't want me

i think i've found faith through telling the truth. i understand the good it does so it kind of feels like a way out of my shit and gives me some faith in life. i'm agnostic so i appreciate having something now

there is literally nothing wrong with acknowledging the presence of God

Attached: 1543859198599.jpg (426x266, 285K)

John 5:4
>For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

Born to overcome. LIGHTWEIGHT

Attached: 1521996057548.jpg (236x236, 12K)

That is ONE of his names used to ascribe to one specific personality of his that punishes
There are a fuck thousand other names in the Bible like Adonai, Elohim/El'shadai etc

Anyway, it seems like a contradiction(how can a God of Love allow job to happen) and you are not going to find answers with a shallow philosophy. Ivan Karamazov said himself he could not believe in a God of love which allowed the crying children, allowing the most innocent beings to suffer.

BUT, if you do your job as a reader and take all the atrocities of the old testament to be right, once they were taken by a righteous being you can draw some deep philosophical conclusions from it

>1. Those things aren't bad, but indifferent
Christianity was heavily influenced by stoicism so I'm going to take this pathway for now. You see Job and he goes through a lot of pain, people he loved die and a lot of shit happens to him once God allows the devil to tempt him (which sounds evil), but in truth, when you are a transcendental being all those things seem small (and indeed they are) when compared to true salvation, eudaemonia, ataraxia or whatever. By suffering, you have the opportunity to realise the unimportance of those things and that the only good thing that you posses is in your power: the love of virtue and the faith in God

Cont

>praising magical kike
>ever

Attached: 1547001780018.jpg (598x554, 20K)

>omniscient
>freedom of choice

Yea right.

My favorite one is where Elisha uses God-magic to kill 42 children for making fun of his baldness

>2 Kings 2:23-34
>23 And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
>24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.

Truly the work of a benevolent deity. You virtue signalling kike-worshipping faggots should really actually read that book you wave around instead of getting your scriptures from inspirational Instagram accounts.

Attached: 1540194513616.jpg (278x435, 25K)

>2. They suffered because they were distant from God

That applies to a big part of the old testament. It does sound a little ruthless at first but when you look at it with another POV you realise that is only natural. This one is more based on my poor understanding of Catholic theology from Augustine

Imagine God as the summa bonum, everything good comes from Him. He is the bright light that shines in the darkness against every shadow. Now, you have the freedom to go to the light or stay in the darkness. If you go through ways that make you distant from Him which stems Goodness itself isn't it only natural that you will find unnecessary suffering?

Don't look at it as a punishment(although in the Bible itself is treated many times as such), look at it as a consequence: you are in a field and you find a rock, suddenly you decide to throw it upwards to see how far it can go, the rock goes up at first then falls right into your head and it hurts. Was that a divine punishment?

romans 1, cbf to quote an entire chapter

we are god
here 10 reasons

youtube.com/watch?v=ceG6PMQan3o

God must follow the same moral code as humans bwuah bwuah
Killing children=evil
I am the one who can determine what is evil, not God. God does not follow my arbitrary morality. God is therefore evil

Hello Ivan K.

your lifts are a meme

Attached: 22bf79edc4a9ae974a11e2eebd3c0e27.jpg (800x800, 44K)

I appreciate the proof but how does that in anyway prove God is caring? What if it's just an indifferent or evil demiurge?

Back to r/atheism. I bet your lifts are as bad as your attitude

No I'm jewish and lift for purely health/narcissistic reasons.

>Has your faith in Christ helped you in your physical pursuits?
LOL no but I sacrifice you the name of Ares and send you fuckers to meet Hades all the time, it's a good cardio workout.

>how does this prove God is caring

If you believe in God then you believe he sent his son that he was most pleased with down to Earth SPECIFICALLY to die on the cross to save all of humanity from sin that is those that take Jesus as their savior.

Imagine needing to actually believe in an imaginary being to be able to carry on in life, fucking pathethic.

>My daddy can do anything he wants and he's the best and he's getting out of prison very soon and you should love him too

>muh bad attitude
Not a refutation of anything said, just a blanket statement of "atheism bad". Religion is usually a good fit for unquestioning cattle like you, stick with it. Just don't fuck any kids.

>what is the Holy Trinity

If God is to exist and to have all of the power he does then he'd have to be omniscient user, be thankful that he didn't make us that way and that he alone is forced to endure the pain of never truly living a life as random and enjoyable as ours.
Consider reading the new Testament instead of the old one, user.
Nice digits and most of this post is great, but God didn't die, his son did.
Not in totality, and most of the Old Laws are fine as is.
James 2:26
For as a body without spirit is dead, faith without works is dead as well.
based

Attached: Teutonic feels.png (3500x3200, 429K)

>God didn't die, his son did
Have you never heard of the Holy Trinity?

Attached: R7dzs.png (408x362, 32K)

>old testament
You dumb pagan nigger, shut the fuck up false-flagging kike. Kikes have all kinds of autism in the Old Testament, don't attribute European Christianity to that fucking worthless cabal of sand merchants.

They all are related and all are of the same, but there'd be no point in separating them if they all referred to the same element of Yahweh. That's all I'm saying, user

>faith without works is dead as well
This is wrong believing. Grace is what you need.

>unquestioning cattle
You'd be surprised just how rational Catholic theology is. Read some Thomas Aquinas sometime or watch some Fulton Sheen videos, both are amazing scholars and very holy men.

Then you should have said the Father didn't die, which would be correct. But I see where you're coming from, just making sure you're not an anti-trinitarian heretic. Have a blessed day user.

Attached: tumblr_ok5magGzlZ1vs69vco1_1280.png (760x587, 381K)

I'd have loved to have done that but I think I'd have done the same and got scared. I still like Samsons story.

>gets in a fight with a battalion of enemies
>asks God for his strength
>literally massacres the battalion of enemies
>sees on another mountain top another battalion of eneimes
>climbs down the mountain he's on into a ravine then climbs the other mountain to get to them
>when he reaches the top a dead animal carcass is at his feet
>grabs the jawbone of dead animal and uses it as a cleaver to massacre these other enemies of God
>when it's done he isn't even tired or strained
>God brings forth water at his feet to drink after wards for Samson to drink

God is righteous in bringing your enemies to your feet and is righteous in doing so.

Faith without works is dead though, even protestants believe that. The point is that the faith is not made by the works, and the works are not what saves a person. A person is saved by grace through their faith, but a living faith is shown by doing good works. Think about it this way: if I say I believe in God but don't do anything to follow Him, do I really believe or am I just saying that in a lame attempt to be saved?

You're good user, I just separate Jesus and Yahweh because they exist as somewhat separate entities while Christ was on Earth (with Jesus speaking to him often, and Jesus asking him to calm down when he starts thundering the skies above Jerusalem) so my thought process is geared that way.
May God give you a great life.
Samson was based

Attached: doos bult.png (1300x527, 886K)

>But yeah really I only lift for Jesus desu it's the only thing that gives me motivation.

I lift because it's really fun, but other things in my life don't motivate me at all so I need help from Jesus.

Attached: 1538729537505.jpg (500x665, 51K)

The problem is Jesus already took care of everything, he took your place and you took his. That means you're now Gods beloved son. Does a loving father force his son/daughter to SHOW their devotion to him? NO he loves them unconditionally and gives them everything BECAUSE they're his son/daughter.

I will be honest I am not super versed or knowledgable in all things of the bible but this is how I believe due to the church and pastor I listen to so don't think I am attacking you as I only want both of us to enjoy our fathers blessings.

Attached: index.jpg (275x183, 8K)

You're raving. There is no self-sacrifice, heroism or devotion in atheism nor is there a wholesome human experience. There is only void, despair, emptiness, unfulfilment, darkness and rot. By discarding God we instantly revert to our basest selves and become nothing more than animals. There is no glory nor honor in atheism.

t. atheist for the last decade desperately trying to accept christ now after bawling my eyes over what a failure I am(spiritually, materially I am very successful).

What church and pastor do you listen to? And yeah I totally agree that a loving father will love his son, but what if that son hates and rejects his father? He can still be loved, but that father wants the best for his son, not for his son to hate him. And what would be the point of the rest of the Bible if we didn't have to do anything, and Jesus just saved us regardless of what we do? He did save us, but we can't accept that gift if we ignore it and push it away, right?

In order to understand the Bible, and trust in God, and be aware of Demonic Activity and Satan... you have to beg God for the ability to see.

And people who can't, or don't want to, won't be able to unless they humble themselves and ask as well.

It's like trying to explain colors to someone who only sees Monochrome.

>"So I saw some orange the other day..."
>"Heh, fucking liar, orange doesn't exist, it's just a fairy tale, a fucking myth, there's only black and white and maybe some intermediate shades of gray."

Attached: 1546882053681.jpg (2154x2888, 3.11M)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gödel's_ontological_proof

Listen carefully, hard Science...
1:58:16 to 1:58:38
youtu.be/eQ41DZrnnPE?t=7096

Scientific method
First 50 min of each youtu.be/K17RjaVmTTk
youtu.be/9Z1PboxRFFs

Attached: Screenshot 2019-01-08 at 11.08.28 AM.png (638x233, 92K)

Luke 2:10
>But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people.

kek this. I'm kinda in the same boat as the atheist user and I can confirm that I turned away from christianity not from reading the bible but from reading random quotes from reddit-tier atheist media

thats pretty badass

God Discloses His True Nature To His Virtual Reality Creations And Offers Salvation Via Jesus in Jewish Gematria equals: 6688

Those Who Have A Higher Consciousness And Are Capable Of Free Thinking Will Be Able To Make The Transition To This New Teaching in Jewish Gematria equals: 6688

Attached: C679NJ2XAAQ_VAz.jpg (650x362, 57K)

If you can see demonic activity in this there no coming back m8

Attached: 1547012863211.png (500x520, 132K)

>freeing children from the torture of this flesh prison we call life
>evil

Can't*

I lift for Jesus and thank him for giving me the strength to do so I have seen many improvements in my strength and stature
I've led a really sinfull life and hope I can be forgiven I'm really trying to better myself and avoid my many temptations as well as guide those around me to find our Lord and savior Jesus Christ
God bless all of you and those none believers I truly hope you find Jesus, I love you guys

Since abandoning religion, man has been increasingly dwarfed in his goals. Atheists seem to think the greatest fate of man is to live in a complete state of contentment and bliss, as if they'd rather go back to being animals than overcome humans.

Attached: IMG_4579.jpg (360x360, 29K)

>you guys hate muslims but they are against the same "degeneracy" that you are
Do you see what is wrong with this statement?

Yikes

Pretty sure a fair few of them are posting ironically

WE LARPING BOYS?

Attached: DEUS VULT.png (4784x3228, 2.61M)

Ok edgelord

Arguably worse

Mudslimes literally worship a child rapist.