/owg/ - Olympic Weightlifting General

/owg/ - Original Weeblifting General

Natty or not edition

>If you are new to weightlifting please read these first and check the other sources they link to before asking questions:
pastebin.com/1HgVcGam (embed)
pastebin.com/wCXeXfkk (embed)
chinfl.blogspotco.uk/2013/07/how-into-weightlifting.html
reddit.com/r/weightlifting/wiki/faq
iwf.net/doc/technical.pdf
yashathoughts.com/
coachpapayats.com/chinese-weightlifting-blog/

>The information that you are looking for is probably in the above links.
That includes routines, shoes, information on the lifts, etc. Check out the pastebins for literature or the reddit faq for general information.

Included in this youtube playlist are videos related to weightlifting which you may find useful or insightful:
youtube.com/channel/UCl3WCm2GfvLxvH877oJ1xEA/playlists
>inb4 "reddit FAQ"
If you know a better FAQ then please add it to the links when you start a new general thanks!

Attached: 31080747750_b7da43bf09_b.jpg (972x972, 121K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WV-6Iv8xwT8
youtube.com/watch?v=RNo3fKoDKts
youtube.com/watch?v=QRuTZM9gzlY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>this crossfit cuckoldry once AGAIN

hey faggot, no one cares about your bouncelifting bullshit. fuck off.

Attached: 1544860624450.jpg (755x696, 93K)

thank you for the bump fren

Attached: 1429402851818.jpg (640x624, 155K)

why does ilya always act "cute"
he's a full grown man

He's earned the right to do whatever he wants

Also holy shit we hit the bump limit

bench press is the best gauge of RAW PHYSICAL STRENGTH. you only downplay this because you're a pudgy, weak little shit of a manlet with an equally embarrassing bench press.

nobody gives a shit that you can bounce your morbidly obese gut off of your legs for your little bullshit wide stance "squat". nobody cares about your 5 inch ROM sumo "deadlift".

bench. press. is. king.

Attached: 1544862955442.jpg (199x372, 28K)

you misspelled strict press

Attached: 1547342462147.png (500x303, 67K)

we don't wide stance squat or sumo diddly here, consider a new meme hook, maybe something like
"nobody gives a shit that you can bounce your embarrassingly light barbell off of your fupa for your little bullshit wide grip "snatch". nobody cares about your 5 inch ROM cheat lift "jerk".

Attached: 1455689054551.jpg (604x604, 103K)

when do you guys train with straps and when do you don't?

with straps: heavy pull or high pull, some row variations, snatch if high volume or very sweaty and there's no chalk
without straps: basically everything else. Sometimes I'll strap up for high reps on clean/power clean, just don't bail like a retard and you won't snap your wrists up

Reached a nice 100kg snatch after 6 months....and then no progress for 7 months. Wtf, i ve been doing all the same things

If you don't get stronger, you can't lift more.
If you don't improve your technique, you can't apply that strength.

Did your squat/pull go up at least?

Speaking of high-pulls, why the hell can't I do them? I always get to wear the second pull is, and the bar only jumps up slightly on heavier weights. Should I just decrease the weight? I can't b/c of ego

> you will never be a roided out Chinese superfreak oly lifter
why live?

ow my fucking neck
ow my fucking knees

EVRYTHING HURTS FUCK

hard to say without seeing a video, but depending on how heavy you're going, high pulls shouldn't be possible after a certain point. I'd guess that something's wrong with your extension or elbow position if it's light weight and you're still having issues. Post a vid?

i just always train with straps

self deprecating
you reap what you sow

Attached: 10 Kronos.jpg (453x700, 38K)

Umm, I do them 50lbs heavier than my highest clean/snatch if that's any help? I'm working them tomorrow, I'll see if I can post a vid. I am doing clean/snatch pulls at that weight lmao

youtube.com/watch?v=WV-6Iv8xwT8
time to go on a walk

It's pretty hard to do a high pull at that weight so it's probably reasonable that you can't. Chinese style fast pull is also an option if you still want to train that arm pull component

I'm pretty sure it's the same one guy that posts this shit on /owg/ AND the anti-powerfatter stuff in /plg/

t. shit squat, deadlift, bench press, standing press, clean and jerk, snatch, push press, bicep curl, 40y dash time, vertical leap, broad jump, posture, Wonderlic score, mental health, body, IQ, card tricks, slapshot, fashion sense, hygiene, opinion of self, job (jk you don't have a job SBISMLBLAWACLYA [Salty Because I Spilled My Last Beer Laughing At What A Complete Loser You Are]), value to society, education, future, existence.

You thought you could hide from this colon crucifixion in /owg/, but I got my eye eternally on you. You unlifting punchline to the joke of your own existence. Go ahead and show the entire board what a reactionary, buttBTFO'ed simp you are by posting the same sad damage control you always do. Know that stand eternally ready to humiliate you where ever you post your delusions.

But even so, I don't think I'll be responding to your following copes, projections, and various other delusions. It only seems to encourage you to keep LARPing on an Laotian Mimeography Enthusiast forum instead of focusing on what you need to. Specifically, gaining height, taking a shower, seeking sunlight, having sex, hitting the weights, and acquiring a clue.

Attached: Disapproving Anime Girls.jpg (1280x720, 130K)

what do you bros think of zach talendar? he looks awkward when he lifts but are his videos full of good info?

annoying literal reddit faggot. hideous technique.

his latest video with clarence is hilarious. the contrast in technique is amazing.

Clean pulls first, or back squats first?
I'm weak as shit so it probably doesn't even matter but still.

Retarded, coaches nobody of value, and isn't even any good himself. Literally no idea why people like him. His technique makes me want to gouge my eyes out

Clean pull. Program with more technical lifts first

I also go to 50lbs (22,5kg) heavier after my clean&jerks 3+2 and snatch triples in three 16,5lbs (7,5kg) jumps for sets of three. My experience tells me that 7,5kg and 15kg heavier always go well, but 22,5kg (50lbs) doesn't jump up as high. It's mainly to overload, it has a use (and an important one). So I'd suggest you go progressively heavier and end at 50lbs more, so you can still do them with good form, but they're just heavier than your previous sets, which should come higher.

He's a schmuck that condems roids in videos and collabs with exclusively roiders in other videos.

Make of that what you will.

Ironic for a football s&c coach to condemn roids in the first place

His dad is in the usada or whatever ada he's in. While he was jerking off ol' pops some time ago, he's now collabing with Clenence Trennedy and Oleksey Toroidhtiy. He wouldn't dare collab with american weightlifters because they would laugh at him and he couldn't pull the "b-but I'm weaker cus I'm natty!" card. That's why he collabs with these circus clowns (I like clarence tho).

Attached: 1547290016761.jpg (640x640, 71K)

He reminds me a lot of squat university, someone not qualified enough to give advice but uses examples of athletes he doesn't coach in order to give his posts legitimacy

Exactly

I realise the irony of me saying this with a 220kg total although I just claim opinion rather than authority

didn’t he have a vid some literal who that used to lift at calstrength?

Engrish prease

He seemed okay at first, but eventually he started giving off this air of self-importance and inserting himself as some kind of e-celeb once he got himself a hoard of newbies to pat him in the back for every action he does. He has a faggy personality.
*with some

I quite frankly could care less about the Oly lifts but I love the accessories.
How do I program high pulls and cleans?

Depends what you want out of them. 6x2-3 Is usually a safe bet

For someone not serious with WL? Put them at the start of your medium and light back/pull days. Do 3-5 sets of 2-3 reps with weight that is challenging enough to call a workout but not heavy enough that form easily breaks down.

hes coming from a real place. actually wants to help people and be honest. thats my impression

even tho I don't particularly enjoy his videos I think it's good to have someone produce high quality videos that despite being useless clickbait expose people to some maybe less shitty content

i wonder what it'll take to push press 160-170. i messaged sincriain and he told me he push pressed 170 and strict pressed 115

Attached: 1547341626955.png (752x550, 551K)

>push press as much as CJ
what's your jerk?

well right now its 170, could probably do a bit more but im talking about doing a lengthy program that involves making progress on my push press

I never train with straps. Too much of a brainlet to use them

i do pulls and deadlifts with straps

Is snatch grip push press supposed to be easier than normal pp?

>Max Aita
>An athlete

Try again, best thing that fat fuck did was squatting 300kg and mooching off Glen Pendlay's wisdom.

>mooching off Glen Pendlay's wisdom.
pendlay is a braindead boomer. he knows jack shit.

>Drive from the back
>Shorter rom

Gee user, no clue!

Bump

owwww my

KNEES

youtube.com/watch?v=RNo3fKoDKts
youtube.com/watch?v=QRuTZM9gzlY
my shoes are taking forever to come in the mail.

what shoes did you buy

reebok. they were out of black on black so i had to buy black on white, gonna throw off my whole aesthetic

you can pushpress 170 with lower strict press if you have the legs for it
or you can compensate the lack of legs with upper body strength
there isn't just one answer

how many times a week you train and how many of those are heavy sessions?

Ayyyyy I got black and white too

long time no see, bitches. how's everyone's training going? is caladan still chronically injured and doing the catalyst website program? has commisar done anything not worthy? is deli still scamming idiots for ''chineeze sektrits"? did frog ever convert to wl?

as for me, im a girl now and i occasionally do curls at a planet fitness ;^)

Attached: smug.jpg (900x810, 55K)

yeah thats kind of why i made the post. wondering about what to consider besides front squat and strict press for push press.

have you considered push press

24 hours in a day i cant spend all of them push pressing

There's also quarter (front) squats, which unironically help with your vertical jump and all explosive lifts.

I'm trying to strict press my BW. I'm 10lbs short. Should I start doing push-presses after I'm done doing my heaviest strict presses?

Close grip bench press could have more carryover for standing presses than push presses. Particularly if, as I'm assuming, you do a shit ton of push press (and other overhead lifting) and next to no bench pressing, and struggle to get through the first half of the rep rather than struggle to finish the last bit of the rep.

No it wasn’t Max. I rechecked and it was Tom Sroka.

>Not good
>Yes, but now he does Papayat’s chinaman program
>I don’t understand the question
>is ded but still scamming
>no I don't think so but he still does cleans and snatches every now and then
Now show feminine benis, bby

how about btn push press?

RIP

sorry not possible

I'm a manlet tho (5'7 150-155 lbs)
We should be able to lift massive amounts of weight

bodyweight press..... come on thats just unrealistic. only 1% of the population can manage such a feat.

yes

Commi is mad because he said an untrained person with no athletic background should be able to press bodyweight and people called him out on it

Why the hell do I come on Jow Forums if all it does is remind me of my overwhelming mediocrity?

would you rather them jerk you off for pressing half of your bodyweight? it would be a disrespect to push low standards.

Tbh I think anyone should be able to press bodyweight within 18 months of training but expecting it of people who can probably bench 80kg tops is unrealistic

True. I'll stop being a bitch, I'll get this shit.

150 is child's play, you should get there in no time. You should probably work on gaining some muscle mass though, you should aim to weigh around 170 lean eventually

Bomp

Funny thing is that probably less than 1% can manage that right now. Anyone could manage with training if they don't have deformations.

Ye agreed

Bump

owww

anyone ever pull sumo for fun? Might try to start doing them once every week or two

How does the push press compare to the strict press from a bodybuilding/strength training standpoint instead of an olympic lifting one? My estimated max on the press is around 70kg and with my current program I'm only focusing on the bench and the press, so I thought that maybe I should try out the push press. Is it just an overload for the triceps that helps you lock out more weight, or will it build the shoulders just as well? Could it be a bit more beneficial to increasing my bench as a secondary lift over the strict press?

dont have the hip flexibility for it. plus it looks gay as fuck. i can clean grip ohs though lol

push press forces you to use legs to extend in the jerk, also useful for shoulder girdle and tricep. It's been suggested as a supplementary exercise to bench quite often actually, and often over OHP. You might want to ask /plg/ though they'll probably just tell you to bench more (and I'd agree if your goal is pl)

clean grip snatching is a lot of fun
I'm primarily doing it because I'm trying to find ways to improve my stability on heavy lifts coming off a hip injury

bump be4 bed

Romaleo 2 vs Adipowers vs Legacy Lifters.

My feet are a bit wide and monkeyish. Which should I get? I like squatting.

Romaleos

he has good info and explains the drills/movements in a way that makes it easy for beginners to understand. good videos

For me, dips, push press and OHP fit the bill. I've discarded bench press altogether. Push press has great carryover to all lifts, be sure to lower the weight in a bit of a controlled manner instead of letting it crash down from the top.

I have wide feet and the reeboks are good. Romaleo 2 should be good too. Avoid the romaleo 3 at all cost.

Wrong, he's a homo that makes the most basic shit convoluted. If you were to take all his advice seriously, you'd be gymcelling with 2 sessions per day and doing loads of meaningless drills with just the bar or bitch weight that are less effective than just PRACTICING GOOD FORM IN YOUR WARM UP INSTEAD OF RUSHING THROUGH THAT SHIT.

you misspelled curls

reminder that a big fat chest is like ssvictims legs