Why does Jow Forums no longer respect him?

Why does Jow Forums no longer respect him?

Attached: 2015_rip.jpg (1200x740, 137K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Pd_m_Tn5dy4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because Jow Forums is full of retards.

Whatever flavor of the month program is being thrown around gets all the noobs' dicks hard thinking they will look like zyzz within a couple of years.

Then the reality hits and they realize getting a good body takes many years of hard work (or steroids) and when they still look shit after 6 months, instead of admitting they were lied to by other retards on Jow Forums, they go and trash whatever routine they got hard over in the first place.

SS went from being a good starting point for making gains, to being promoted like it will make you look like a God in months.

The fact is, most people on Jow Forums seem to think there is some magic unicorn routine that will put muscle on them 10x faster than any other. In reality, specifics of routine are pretty low on the list of what is important in making gains. The top factors are TIME, CONSISTENCY, TIME, EFFORT, and more TIME.

Nobody with a shitty starting point looks impressive in 2 years of training, let alone however many months SS lasts them.

Throw in the cycle of liars on CBTs claiming they only been lifting 1.5 years and fake nattys, basically people are taking out their frustration at their false expectations being destroyed, and the easiest target is the methods they thought would get them there.

>giving a serious answer

Attached: 1547500812565.jpg (457x601, 157K)

>posting a phat ass for ants

Ants?

Oh yeah sorry I forgot where I am let me give a proper answer.

lol cos SS makes u a fat fuck Markus rippletaters tells you to drink milk from your own fat udders and do the deepest low bar fatty bumbum squats and no upper body work ever.

Attached: squatting to correct depth.jpg (596x563, 82K)

Well said.

based and redpilled

>Nobody with a shitty starting point looks impressive in 2 years of training
Been training for just a year from skinny and I probably look better than 99% of Jow Forums. It's genetics.

Prove it, with height and weight.

Based serious poster
Must say though that SS and PPST 3rd highly overlook nutritional aspects of getting fit (it's clearly not the objective of the book, though)
If you want to look good and you ain't got a decent base (athletic or at least skinny low fat), you must learn how to fast
I cannot emphasize enough how important is fasting for getting lean and muscular (for avg genetics)

5'11 180lbs
>inb4 manlet, small, you look like shit
COPE

Attached: 383.jpg (750x1334, 169K)

lol, you don't look that good for 5'11 180lbs.

you look good dude, mirin'
but you're gonna get a lot of hate from incels

Holy mother of COPE

ive seen that pic before

Great delts, and arms and maybe lats, but small everything else. Work on your chest and neck, please.

I actually train neck directly. I agree on chest and I have been working on it. This pic is old.

Attached: 67387482-E501-41AF-9B62-046FFD21D0CC.jpg (750x1186, 186K)

Does fit still like Scooby?

Maybe, but he isnt relevant anymore

Cavaliere has taken his place

People forget you don't have to bloatpill to lift weights.

>The fact is, most people on Jow Forums seem to think there is some magic unicorn routine that will put muscle on them 10x faster than any other.

Wrestling will do this. But you have to put in a minimum of 2 hours on the mats (of actual hard wrestling, not warm ups/drilling) a day on top of your lifting. Most don't have the drive or the mental toughness to stick it out.

Stop pressing your arm into your chest to look bigger

Attached: good-answer.png (1364x466, 110K)

Fuck you

Grappling is god-tier for strength/cardio/endurance gains.

If you don’t want to be called out make it less obvious, dumbass

Because people can't understand that a beginner program is just that, a program for beginners and not something you should do for years and years. It has good fundamentals that will help with a lifetime of lifting and it works your lower body more because you lower body is probably shit and needs more work than you realize.

Depends on where you are. Bjj is to soft and stalls you out. Wrestling is god tier because you can't just lay on your back and wait for a submission.

Everyone still respects him cus his advice is solid and great for beginners. All the hate is just memes. The t-rex shit is accurate cus twinks starting out make massive noob gains and their quads grow quickly and they rip all their pants.
>FarewellToArms.jpeg

I dunno, do judo personally, although we do cross train with wrestlers occasionally. Good energy and aggression, and I’m not that good at defending leg takedowns, but they leave their necks way too open. Good fun though

Very nice. You should be proud. I'm not sure I believe you went from nothing to that in a year, but it's very nice any way you slice it.

What confuses me about Rip is that in Starting Strength I get the impression that he made a program that he expects no one to follow. Stuff like, "you're gonna do curls anyway" as to why he didn't put curls in the program.

The other thing I don't get is that he simultaneously has a ton of bravado on why you need to squat, but says not to do extra work because you won't recover properly (so basically overtraining fearmongering). Most guys that tell you to bust your ass and stop being a pussy, don't tell you to abstain from all other lifts outside of the routine.

Plus the program really contains a lot of work besides squat, press, dead and bench beyond the novice stage. But when he gets interviewed and defends his routine he never brings up his recommendations for pull ups and dips. He doesn't do himself any favors when it comes to taking down the squat obsessed strawman that he's perceived to be.

Good post.
>to being promoted like it will make you look like a God in months.
This. I hate this so much. Rip has said over and over and over that he is not trying to make people attractive in any way; his goal is to make them strong so their quality of life is better.
Anyone who tries to promote SS as a bodybuilding routine needs to be slapped with a copy of the book and sentenced to watching videos of Rip explaining this Clockwork Orange-style.

Attached: rip ascending.jpg (960x533, 66K)

Oh yeah, I started cross training in bjj and there are definitely holes that needed filled to deal with submissions. I'm speaking strictly from the standpoint of using the sport to maintain/improve physical fitness, and from that standpoint bjj is well behind wrestling because the submissions both slow down the flow in general and punish the hell out of natural scramblers in a way wrestling doesn't.

In a fight bjj will probably be more useful because you can do it at a wrestling intensity, but generally speaking most people don't practice at that intensity and you end up not getting the same results. Similarly wrestling injuries tend to be less severe than submission type injuries so if something goes wrong you can get back to it faster.

Just gonna point out that this guy was braging about fucking a pajeeta the other day

SS is a bad starting routine for most goals. Squatting 3 times a week is redundant and the upper body is undertrained in his routines. There are better beginner routines for most goals.

Your average dude looking to get fit doesnt get a lot out of SS compared to other routines. You'll get gains, sure, but as a noob its impossible not to make gains.

based

But rippletoe does the same thing with his arms in OPs picture. Nobody is pointing that out

> Rip has said over and over and over that he is not trying to make people attractive in any way; his goal is to make them strong so their quality of life is better.
I feel like that is a cope he uses when people point out that he hasn't trained any notable bodybuilders or powerlifters.
>Ackshully I'm only trying to make the general populace stronger
I think it's a huge cop out on his part and it's really my only problem with him.

But as you stated the program is pushed on people that are clearly trying to lift for aesthetics and that isn't really his fault. What do you suggest for beginners that are lifting for aesthetics?

Attached: 1523968295052.jpg (1126x1001, 871K)

>I LOOK THE SAME
>REEEEEE
*throws plate of eggs on the floor*

One of the best posts on this board in the long time.

You should consider working the forearms and neck a bit more
We look alike a little except my forearms and neck are bigger than that

either way not bad and the arms look good but your chest is lagging major

Fucking based.

I still lurk the SS forums even though I don't follow the program anymore, because there is still a phenomenal amount of good advice that comes from there.

SS got me a 420lb deadlift triple. While Im now pulling closer to 500 and I focus on bodybuilding a lot more now, I am forever grateful because that strength carryover is fucking real.

There's a reason us oldfags put as in the sticky

Post physique, also b/s/d stats?

>how much you bench Jow Forums
>voting 405+
>in reality most of fit can barley hit the 200s
>just look at the results below

They disrespect rip Because they’re weak Alt redditors

Attached: BA31FAE6-467A-4C7D-B81A-D4255800D204.png (640x1136, 80K)

I can probably only hit 90 kg for my 1 rm
I'm not sure though since I can do 80 kg 5×5

Because he's a literal cuck

YOOOO
you the dude talking to this 30yo gym roastie
I remember you. Much respect for taking this step

Remember, your not arguing here for the retard your responding to, but for the lurkers reading the thread.

He doesn't cope as bad as Blaha
youtu.be/Pd_m_Tn5dy4