Do you really lose that much muscle when cutting?

Do you really lose that much muscle when cutting?

Attached: cutting-bodybuilding-diet.jpg (400x400, 47K)

Depends how u cut.

You just know his quads are tiny

No, but you lose fullness and intramuscular fat which people confuse with muscle.

Everyone says that when you cut you should eat an absurd amount of protein, otherwise you will lose muscle. Is this true or just bro science?

>
It is completely true, you need positive nitrogen balance in order to ameliorate catabolism.

That sounds like bro science

if you cut on a caloric deficit without fasting then yes you lose muscle

Well how do I minimize muscle loss then?

You lose a lot of muscle, and you lose a lot of fat

You also get weaker, get less full, but ironically look stronger visually (shirtless at least)

are you sure that's muscle loss and not just liquid loss?

Looks less autistic in the first pic

Not if you do it right. Eat plenty of protein and train hard while in a moderate calorie deficit, and if anything you might actually gain muscle.

Agreed his face looks weird as hell in the lower bf %

slowly, and eat properly

T. Retard

>Losing weight slowly by eating just below your TDEE
>Reducing fat intake while aiming to keep a high enough protein ntake
>Keep lifting

There, rocket science

a lot of dudes are really delusional about how much muscle they are building on a bulk, most guys just put on fat and then cut most of the acquired fat and find that their muscles are really small but actually they didnt have a substantial mass to begin with
tl;dr buling and cutting is mostly a meme
lean bulking is where it is at

At least he can fit into his pants now.

It's highly genetically determined but there are definitely ways to preserve it.

Great thread so far, a lot of good advice/observations.

Can I get an estimate on how much muscle you can expect to lose on a 500 cal deficit extended over 3 months? Assuming high intensity weight lifting and optimal protein intake.

About 3-5% of your lean mass

only if you're not taking test+tren+stanozolol

SS+GOMAD

I look like left pic.. Should I cut? Never been really lean but my lifts are shit.

Height weight?

not at all, i just finished my cut and did another dexa scan, i gained 300g of lean mass while losing 3,2kg of fat, you need to make sure you keep your protein really high, at least twice your bodyweight (on kg) of protein and about 150-200 calories deficit + cardio, specially hiit and calorie burning workouts, like the meme app workouts (they do work to lose weight if you do them as hard as you can)

Thanks, brother.

How long of a cut?

It actually is true. 3.4g/kg protein has shown superior body composition (ie, lowered body fat percentage).

Slowly
Keep lifting
Keep protein high (1.5g/lb day)
Consider a light cycle of test/anavar or tren

Attached: prongles_maca (1).jpg (1920x1080, 1.32M)

This is probably true. Also water retention+mass of food in stomach leads to impression of greater mass

three and a half months, i fucked up couple times though, could be probably a little less than three months

Depends.When it comes to carbs cut everythingn,even potatoes,rice,pasta and bread

anavar is enough to build some decent mass and lost some fat at maintenance, did it and gained 4lbs of muscle in two months while losing fat, definitely got lot leaner and got stronger and bigger

how do you guys feel about clen when cutting?

Attached: 1518350175960.gif (245x250, 967K)

great if you're taking high androgenic compound in the cycle, if you're not using steroids than it's a waste, will make you lose a lot of wright, but half of it will be muscle...