/FAST/ - #364 - CICO IS BAD FOR YOU EDITION

/FAST/ - #364 - CICO IS BAD FOR YOU EDITION

FAQ
/fast/ discord
>discord.gg/dknZqPb
What is /fast/?
>Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

What’s the difference between intermittent fasting, water fasting, dry fasting, etc.?
>Intermittent fasting: Fasting for a certain amount of time with a short eating window. 16:8 (16 hours fasting, 8 hour eating window) is the bare minimum.
>Water fasting: Fasting with only water.
>Dry fasting: Fasting with no water. Dangerous, use with caution.

Why should I fast?
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11147801
>reddit.com/r/intermittentfasting/wiki/studies
>idmprogram.com/difference-calorie-restriction-fasting-fasting-27/
>Read all of these, they might answer some other questions you may want to ask.

How do I safely do an extended fast?
>Take snake juice, or just supplement electrolytes.
>Water=2L
>Potassium chloride =1 tsp (No Salt)
>Sodium chloride = 1/2 tsp (Himalayan Pink Salt)
>Sodium Bicarbonate = 1 tsp (Baking Soda)
>Magnesium Sulphate = 1/2 tsp (Food Grade Epsom Salts)
>Mix these in 2L of water and sip it throughout the day.
>[OPTIONAL] 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar and 4 tbsp lemon juice. DO NOT MIX with snake juice, drink separately.
>You can also do this if you feel lightheaded, weak, dizzy, nauseous, etc., on shorter water fasts. Don’t do this while intermittent fasting.

Won’t I go into starvation mode?
>No. You won't have the willpower to fast that low.

Will (something with calories) break my fast?
>Yes, headarse.

Can I drink coffee, tea, and diet soda? Or anything with artificial sweeteners?
>You can do whatever the fuck you want. We recommend avoiding those, sweeteners especially.

Do I need a multivitamin?
>No

Previous: >>TBA

Attached: 1533922734803.png (226x225, 86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x9NgP5WP7bE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I wish I can lose 14ibs a week like you guys. I only do OME2D with a very small refeed (500 calories of eggs, tuna, and ham with a apple) and it seems like I only lose about 1.4ibs a day, but even then 50% of that is water so it wont matter

How in the world is CICO bad for you? Seems like you faggots are making excuses to not exercise. Do any of you even actually lift? Or do you just spend the time sitting around watching your degenerate Chinese cartoons while chugging piss?

2days in and i got a running nose. Does this mean im in keto

I think it's meant towards Jason Fung saying that Calories in vs. Calories out doesn't have a high success rate. BMR decreases because as you lose weight you have to cut your calories. Sooner or later you will make it to 1200 calories and for some people that is not sustainable every day. Their metabolism will slow down and weight will rise up.

With fasting, you can get away with it cause your metabolic rate speeds up and hardly changes. That's why Cole can eat 4500 calories worth of McDonalds and almost lose weight. Granted, he lifts, but his bmr is perfect. He can sit on his ass and eat like a pig and still lose weight. He just chooses not to.

gonna do a 3 day dry and drop smokes at the same time.
Ready to go crazy but at least I have a lot of projects stacked up to keep me busy.

Few questions...
Want to do a 5 day water fast, so if i take pic related I'll be good for electrolytes?
Would drinking green tea fuck it up?
What do you eat to come out of a fast?

Attached: 1535156720877.jpg (1500x1420, 252K)

Okay, so how many here have actually felt this 'increase in energy'? I'm sitting here on my 67 hour mark and considering just refeeding because I feel so weak that I don't even want to stand up.

NEAT has a bigger impact than BMR, and it's more about (stable) energy levels and feeling like you have energy, rather than BMR.

>Do I need a multivitamin?
>No
Cringe

If you are a fatty you don't need it.

After a few days of fasting your gut won't have the acid to burn it down. If you take that capsule you could fuck up your stomach. That is why salt water is better. It goes down easy and the salt preps your stomach for hard foods

Most likely you are just sick. Being in ketosis for the first time doesn't do that to you.

I've been doing intermittent dry fasting since 36 hrs ago, and in the whole time, I've only drank around two bottles of water. Would drinking water every 24 hrs and only one whole plastic bottle at a time give me more beneficial results or is it dangerous?

Never felt it but I do notice that my stamina recovery is a bit faster. Maybe it's not noticeable for us

couldn't i just take the powder then?

So one bottle of water every day? It's essentially a 20 hour dry fast. I'd say it's better than snake juice and straight dry fast. At least you can replenish salts in that one bottle and dry fast until the next day.

>After a few days of fasting your gut won't have the acid to burn it down
where did you get this idea!?

Cole talks about it in a video, arent you paying attention to him?

Who is Cole? Is there any scientific evidence that backs it up?

dude just drink water when you are thirsty. Don't try to hit an arbitrary target.
People who do keto/fasting are usually surprised by how little water they need compared to when you are eating carbs.

That I do not know, I just follow him cause he gets results.

Search up snake diet on youtube. He is probably the reason why most of us fast at all

Yeah, it's just a single bottle each time, I've heard from others that say it's 'dangerous' to have such low levels of water in our system because we are supposed to drink around 8 cups a day. I'm kind of worried, too, because I feel like it could have potentially dangerous effects regarding my body, because I might be doing this for a month, at the very least. And also, what are the main differences in results with that I'm doing compared to an elongated 24 hr + dry fast?

Even if when I feel thirsty, all I drink is half a bottle, is that safe?

I haven't done a 5 day fast yet, mostly 2-3 days but when I eat I keep it keto. Honestly I just whatever the fuck I want though. I do have a fiber supp from ON on the days I do refeed (it has cals so I dont take it when I fast)

yes drink when you are thirsty. Don't try to game your body with water.
If you are only doing a 3 day fast you don't need to worry about 'snake' juice or salts or whatever.

No that electrolyte supplement is shit. Potassium should be at around 2000mg per day. Just make the snake juice. Green tea is great, but EGCG (found in green tea) extracts are even better. EGCG is great for activation of AMPK which is very helpful for fat burning and mobilization. I add Cayenne for additional AMPK activation benefits.

I get an insane increase of energy by day 4. I start from keto, usually, though. If you are coming from carbs, you might hit ketosis on day 2 or 3. I think that about 48-96 hours after that, you'll have insane energy. Some people get it quicker than others. Norepinephrine is significantly boosted (clinical studies show up to 225%) and that will give you crazy energy as well as increase your BMR to some extent.

This. Carbs drive a HUGE need for water. Every 1g of carbs requires 4g of water for processing. This is part of the explanation for massive temporary weight loss (glycogen/water) when shifting from carbs to a ketogenic state. After that shift into ketosis you start burning actual fat.

>actual body fat

Can you explain this for me

Let's say we have 2 people that are the same weight at 300ibs. They fast until 200. They refeed but its different. 1 eats chili cheese fries and another eats eggs, sausage and ham. The one that eats the chili cheese fries gains more weight than the other person. He keeps that weight for a long time while the other person who ate the eggs gains the weight in food and loses it the next day.

Why does that happen? Does the chili cheese fry person turn that food into body fat while the other one doesn't?

>Does the chili cheese fry person turn that food into bodyfat while the other (eggs/sausage/ham) doesn't?
Yes! The chili cheese fries cause insulin release which causes the body to store fat. With eggs/sausage/ham you're talking minimal insulin release. Sure, your body will have to burn up the eggs and such before returning to burning stored bodyfat, but you are avoiding the insulin release which is huge.

If the calories were identical between the two meals, the fries meal would still be worse for you on account of the insulin. Even ignoring the insulin, the carb refeed is worse because it would likely take you out of ketosis for awhile. Going out of ketosis and having your body run on glycogen means you have to transition back into ketosis--and that transition makes some people HUNGRY AS FUCK. If you are experienced in keto and fasting, it might not matter so much. If you are fat as fuck and have control issues, keeping refeeds very low carb or carb free can really help with hunger issues.

I'm 52.3KG, I want to down down to 45KG, how many days would that take by eating nothing but water? I plan to eat mcdonalds after I reach it since I havent had it in over 5 years.

Also I'm 170cm in height so how much kg do I lose a day? currently in my 3rd fasting day and I feel very weak and tired

So you are around 116ibs, right? Why the hell do you want to get to 100? Femanon is that you?

Anyway to answer your question, you must be very lean at your weight. It's dangerous for you to fast at all. What you can do is do a Carnivore+OME2D routine to lose that last bit of fat slowly. Also exercise.

losing any weight is unhealthy for you. don't go any lower than 55 kg.

40 hours in. Hunger is hitting hard. Trying to distract myself with TV series.

How do you take the ACV and LJ combo? Do you mix it in water or do you just take a shot? And what does it even do?

I want to get down to 45kg since its the weight I want to be. I'm just looking to see how long it'll take to reach it. 2 years ago I was 50KG and now I went up 2.3KG and want to burn it off

you don't necessarily combine them. I never have at least. You can just drink down the ACV, or drink down the Lemon juice. You'll want to rinse your mouth with water afterwards.

Ahhh ok. Well just do what I suggested. Carnivore+2 day fasts. Fuckin easy fat loss. And safer for someone that is small like you since you have less fat to burn, muscle might start being used, just small amounts though. See how that works out for you in a week.

Go to thinspo if you want to starve yourself.

Oh yeah, from my experience, you'll feel like shit. I'm 60kg and 165 cm and even I feel like shit even though I still have a decent amount of fat reserves. You're already underweight, fasting is seriously dangerous at that weight and height. Can quite literally kill you.

what are the benefits of ACV and Lemon Juice again? i forgot.

i'm only on day 3, started snake juice today

What do you guys consider an extended fast? In other words, how long into a water fast until electrolytes become necessary? 2 days? a week?

think most people agree that anything beyond 72 hours/3 days and you should start downing snake juice

you could make it farther without, but you'll start feeling like shit right quick

Usually 4 days if you are sedentary. If you work a demanding job then definitely 2.5 or 3.

The snake juice is required in the beginning so you arent in a position where you need to chug every so often because you keep getting headaches.

Is it fine with just water? I dont really want to dish out money for some snake juice

uh, the important thing of snake juice is just water and light salt (potassium and sodium).

This. It's just salty water. Not expensive

I made it 3 days into my water fast, it was the height of my hunger so i ate the 4 banana sweets i had with me, which i had forgotten to clear out before. They are little siggar bombs 450kcal each and 85% carbs.

Startng over since yesterday, this is day 2, and im officially out of food and craving potato chips haaard

Attached: 1541105519971.png (1024x683, 175K)

>start OMAD intermittent about a month and a half ago
>now feel full on HALF a small burger when before I could eat at least 2 no problem
>can go entire day without feeling hunger pains dont feel the need at all to eat

help...
whats happening to me?

is my brain and appetite royally fucked or is it supposed to work like this?
Im scared that my body is fucking up something and Im not actually entering ketosis mode.

Attached: delagates.png (547x430, 334K)

I've been there before. It becomes easier when you think of it like your body is a little kid asking you for stuff. I just have to say no the same way I would say no to a child.

I'm a complete fat fuck but I actually do lift quite often. Can I still lift? What kind of strength decrease should I expect?

I'd assume cardio is fine as long as you snake juice

you can get keto stix at any pharmacy, take a piss test

It depends on your stats. If you're overweight, you're fine. Just stay hydrated and feed from time to time. If you're underweight or normal weight, then ease up on the fasting hours a little bit until you feel more like your old self.

I'd be pretty happy if I was you.

anyone here use lemon juice concentrate instead of organic lemon juice or fresh squeezed lemons?

You'll maintain your strength and muscle if you do long fasts. Shorter fast like 1 meal every 2 or 3 days you'll probably gain muscle as well as lose fat. I think Cole talks about it but I forgot

Heres my brain during all this

>aaaaAAAAHHHHHHHHHH GIVE ME THE POTATO CHIPS HUGGGHHHHHHH
>*looks at belly*
>oh yeah don't
>*5 seconds later*
>POTATO CHIPS NIGGER GO BUY THEM AAAAAAHHHHHHHH

Attached: 1538543293393.jpg (366x401, 54K)

can I drink a cup of hot chocolate (just milk and coca powder) everyday and lose weight or will it not work?

okay..
what about the part where my mouth keeps smelling like shit though?
Is fasting supposed to give you chronic stank breath? and if yes how do I get rid of it? (water doesn't really help)

Attached: 1534708147603.png (413x549, 52K)

You can drink the snake juice too fast as far as I've heard from cole. Sip snake juice throughout the day or you'll get "the shits". Plain water I'm not 100% sure on but just drink when you're thirsty. 1-1.5L/day is fine.

8 cups is a myth someone made up. Lewis Black does an entire bit on it. youtube.com/watch?v=x9NgP5WP7bE

>finally got all the ingredients and a 64oz water bottle to mix snake juice in
I think I'm finally going to do it guys. I'll get back to you if I make it to tomorrow without eating.

brush your teeth. also look up keto acetone breath.

Wow doing keto a few days before a fast makes it so much easier. I'm almost two days into a fast after about 4 days keto (I ate too much protein so I wasn't in deep ketosis) and I was only hungry the next morning and haven't gotten any intense hunger pangs since. Thinking about eating keto on weekends and fasting during the weekdays, it is going well so far.

I've felt it, but it's not guaranteed and I can't predict when it will happen. I'll just be vegging at the computer and notice my leg is shaking and I'm pulsing with energy and I have to get up and do something. When that happens I'll go exercise or clean my house.

No salt is $5, epsom salt is $1, pink salt is cheap or not depending(I just grabbed a tiny bag at Walmart that was like $6 but you can get 10 lbs for $5 if you look around) and baking soda is literally $.56.

thanks for the info.
Squad Morality Restored.

Attached: 293797.jpg (225x350, 43K)

CICO IS NOT BAD FOR YOU, IT IS PART OF THE EQUATION TO FAT LOSS:
1. EATING FREQUENCY
2. MACROS
3. CICO

ARE YOU LEAN?

STOP TRYING TO AVOID DRINKING SALT WATER YOU SOFT PALATE BITCH. PUT UP WITH SOME DISCOMFORT IN YOUR LIFE, YOU SPENT ALL THOSE YEARS EATING LIKE A FUCKING PIG, IT'S TIME TO PAY THE PRICE.

GOOGLE ITS BENEFITS WITH YOUR LIVER AND KIDNEYS.

AS LONG AS IT HAS ZERO CALORIES/NO SUGAR.

>AS LONG AS IT HAS ZERO CALORIES/NO SUGAR.

it has no sugar, but 22 calories per 100ml, but that's the same for organic lemon juice isn't it?

If it's literally all you consume, than yes, your body will burn far more calories a day than you consume, triggering ketosis and so burning fat.

Thing is its a very flawed diet, since if you want to lose weight, than you should drink anything but water. And you dont get the necessary minerals from coffee, so you will be breakong down sooner in the fast

Is there really a need to brush your teeth when you've ate nothing?

THERE ARE SOME BRANDS THAT ARE ZERO CALORIES/MINUTE AMOUNT OF SUGAR. KEEP LOOKING.

MAINLY FOR KETO BREATH.

Yes, bacteria are constantly getting in your mount from everything from your pillow, to the air you breath. Brush your teeth so they dont grow.

Is it OK to start consuming snake juice after 24hrs of fasting or would I be overdosing on salts? Is it better to wait 48hrs instead?

Mentioned to my friend that I'm doing a prolonged fast. He has got a few people involved who are worried about me. They are saying that I shouldn't go over 3 days. Stupid normies r-right!?

the first rule of fast club is...

the grocery stores only have concentrates, all the ecological/organic ones i've found have calories in them

wish i lived in the US right now..

any Norwegians have found zero cal lemon juice?

Im going 5 days and im doing alright. Hunger is 20% of what it was day one, i can walk to class and back no issue, and perform well cognitively

No I'm not lean. I'm a roley-poley round boy :( have about 100 to lose.

I've been eating clean for years. I just want to try a water fast since i'll be taking a week off lifting and don't want to spend a lot of money on something i'll be doing for maybe 5 days.

Doesn't lemon juice naturally have some calories in it?

8 more hours until I hit 5 days/120 hours, the first 72 being dry. Planning to continue as long as I can, but from what I'm reading in the thread it seems like it gets more dangerous prolonged at lower bodyweight even if the person has a decently high bodyfat %. I'm 169lbs. as of this morning, (was 166 at the end of the dryfast), and 6' even. Was thinking I should fast until I hit abs or set a stoploss at 145lbs. Should I switch to a lean bulk and then fast again after so I don't start approaching underweight territory or should I switch to a series of 48s/72s instead of one long stretch or what? Mainly just don't want to have any semblance of a gut whatsoever.

A couple table spoons of lemon juice shouldn't kick you out of fasting even if it has a few calories in it (just make sure there's no sugar).

OME2D, 600 calories carnivore with a green apple or 2. I've confirmed that sips does nothing to my insulin or ketosis except give me the rumbles so I'll drink that too. How is that routine for losing a ton of weight?

This. Lots of people seem to not understand this, but it's completely true.

Keto, then fast. Godmode. Quicker results, CLEARER results (because you don't have a huge glycogen/water loss at the start), EASIER results (because you aren't craving food on account of transition to ketogenic state).

The US ones are probably just lying by making portion size very small so they can report 0 calories when there actually are calories in the juice.

i did a bunch of lifting 5 days a week before i started my fast, will lifting while fasting help retain more muscle, or make it disappear faster?

i'll switch to light cardio if i have to, just want to work out in some way while doing this instead of sitting on my ass and counting hours and days, but i want to retain as much muscle as possible

hypercut is going strong. started on 01/06/19 @ 175lbs. currently 168lbs. had 4 refeeds in 8 days, so id say its going well. also lifting still.

IT ALL DEPENDS ON YOUR LAST MEAL. FEEL IT OUT, YOU CAN WAIT 2 DAYS FOR SURE.

YES. JUST REMEMBER THAT WE'VE ALL BEEN BRAINWASHED BY THE SYSTEM SINCE WE WERE CHILDREN. YOU REMEMBER BREAD AT THE BOTTOM OF THE FOOD TRIANGLE? HOW FUCKING RIDICULOUS IS THAT?

LEMON JUICE IS OPTIONAL, REMEMBER THAT. JUST BUY IT ONLINE IF YOU REALLY WANT TO.

THEN DRINK YOUR SNAKE JUICE AND FAST FOR 30 FUCKING DAYS YOU FAT SHIT!!!!!!!!!

ON YOUR LAST MEAL, LOAD UP ON LIQUIDS AND SALTS, THEN DO TWO 72 HOUR DRY FASTS OR WATER FASTS. DRY FASTS WILL TAX THE FUCK OUT OF YOU BUT THEY'LL BRING YOU THE MOST BENEFITS IN THE SHORTEST AMOUNT OF TIME. THIS IS ASSUMING YOU HAVE THE BODY FAT TO SPARE, OF COURSE.

It helps retain muscle. You could load up on carbs and restore you muscle glycogen. It only becomes a problem if you prolong fast when you are lean then you might not benefit from it.

FAST UNTIL YOU THINK YOU'RE DONE, BUT YOU CAN HONESTLY JUST START LEAN BULKING RIGHT NOW ON A OMEOD OR OMAD ROUTINE.

DITCH THE SIPS, EXTEND THE FASTING DAYS.

>will lifting while fasting help retain more muscle, or make it disappear faster?
DEPENDS ON YOUR FITNESS LEVEL. IF YOU'RE INTERMEDIATE-ADVANCED, YOU'LL BE LOSING STRENGTH AT A MUCH HIGHER RATE THAN SOMEBODY AT A LOWER FITNESS LEVEL. SO IF YOU'RE AT A HIGHER LEVEL OF FITNESS, YOU SHOULD BE DOING AN OMAD OR A TIGHT IMF ROUTINE (INCREASING YOUR MACROS & CALORIES IF YOU CHOOSE TO DO SO).
IF YOU'RE BEGINNER - INTERMEDIATE, YOU CAN EASILY DO A 7 DAY FAST AND REGAIN THE STRENGTH IN A WEEK.

Do I need Snake oil if im eating every 24 h?

Did you try to explain to them that you're keeping your salts up? Maybe they just heard horror stories of starving people/animals who needed medical attention before they could eat.

BUT DAN GAVE ME THAT ROUTINE! I CAN'T FAST THAT LONG YET ACCORDING TO HIM!

i'm intermediate-advanced lifter, but my priority now is losing weight and fat so i'm doing a prolonged fast, i can always rely on muscle memory to rebuild i guess

Guys Im about to eat 48h, Im feeling like shit, I think I will stop this one for now.

I will train for my next one by doing keto a few days before. I binged on a sushi buffet right before starting this one, Im thinking it might not be a good idea.

About to hit*

Very true man. For most of my life, I believed that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and 3 meals a day is a minimum to be healthy.
I told them but they have their own sources and think I should drink shit loads of water and eat glucose pills.

>Day 10 of fast
I am so godamn fucking cold. I have on boxers, shorts, 2 long sleeve shirts, thick robe, and two blankets with the heat cranked to 75. Still fucking chilly. I am down 8.4lbs though so worth it.

Attached: 4567456845.png (1277x719, 544K)

>I told them but they have their own sources
That's what you get for asking them beforehand. Should've just fasted and told them what you did after they ask how you got so lean.

Water fasting is stupid

t. Reddit

Bros were we wrong about the fast?

Attached: 20190115_131126.jpg (1426x2343, 578K)

everyones gut instinct is to say fasting is stupid, people are just talking out of their ass

To all you fat people out here looking to make a change from CICO, I've got a little anecdote to share with you.

>one day just say fuck it no more being a morbid tier fatass
>immediately go on a 1300kcal diet
>quite difficult for the 1st week but was manageable
>immediately become comfortable with just 1300/day
>eat incredibly healthy too, as calorie restriction pretty much forces you to
>all is well, healthiest I've ever been
>lose 25 kg in about 4 months
>actually feel alive for once
>starting to lose hair so I bump up the calories to 1700/day
>having trouble filling up those 1700 so I start to eat trash to compensate
>treat myself with a large kebab one day without checking it's calorie content
>check later during that day, overstepped my calorie limit by 1000kcal
>"oh no problem i guess its time to try that fasting thing"
>fast for a day
>next day RAVENOUS HUNGER
>overeat by 1500kcal
>fast for another day
>binge HARD the following day
>"np i'll fast for 2 days straight"
>make it up to 1.5 days and binged so hard I thought I was gonna die
>this continues for about 2 weeks
>up by 4 kgs

Fasting is not the answer if you're a fatty and are struggling with self-restraint, at least in my experience. Now I've got to adapt to normal portion sizes. Be warned.

>temporary measures get temporary results
They're right to an extent. If you want to fast to a certain weight then start eating the diet that got you fat in the first place then you're just going to get fat again. You have to look at this as a lifestyle change to keep the results.

Told a coworker, who is easily 100lbs overweight, that I was fasting.
>Wow man that is so unhealthy
>Why?
>Landwhale.exe has encountered a fatal error
Best she could come up with is "it just isn't healthy to not eat user."

Attached: 1530932994618.png (635x457, 258K)

>because I binge eat fasting doesn't work so no one else do it
k

Attached: 1513818385405.png (432x413, 216K)