Routine rate/critique/improvement thread?

Routine rate/critique/improvement thread?

I'm doing a PHUL. I wanna do deadlifts, not sure where I should put them.

Current routine is:

power upper
>barbell bench press 3-4x4-5
>incline barbell bench 3-4x4-5
>barbell rows 3-4x5-6
>pull ups 3x10 (trying to get to 3x10 before adding weight anyways)
>barbell curls 3-4x8-12
>skull crusher 3-4x8-12

Power Lower
>back squat 3-4x4-5
>leg press 3-4x8-12
>hamstring curls 3-4x8-12
>calf raises 3-4x8-12

Upper Hypetrophy
>incline barbell bench 3-4x8-12
>chest fly 3-4x8-12
>seated row 3-4x8-12
>one arm dumbbell row 3-4x8-12
>dumbbell side lateral raise 3-4x8-12
>incline dumbbell curl 3-4x8-12
>cable tricep extension 3-4x8-12

Lower Hypertrophy
>squat 3-4x8-12
>barbell lunge 3-4x8-12
>leg extension 3-4x8-12
>hamstring curls 3-4x8-12
>seated calf raise 3-4x8-12
>maybe another calf exercise

I also hate one arm db rows, they never feel like I'm hitting my back properly, anything I could replace them with?

Attached: BulmaFEDB.png (346x500, 277K)

Other urls found in this thread:

b-reddy.org/best-exercises-for-the-subscapularis/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Qtddtot, fucktard

>routine thread on a fitness forum doesn't deserve it's own thread
I guess all the brap threads, manlet threads, soiboi threads etc. are much more deserving of being here...

Kill yourself
>I also hate one arm db rows, they never feel like I'm hitting my back properly, anything I could replace them with?
Try one-armed cable rows

>>leg press 3-4x8-12
>>hamstring curls 3-4x8-12
>>calf raises 3-4x8-12
>>leg extension 3-4x8-12
>>hamstring curls 3-4x8-12
>>seated calf raise 3-4x8-12
>>maybe another calf exercise
all this retarded shit, yet not a single deadlift (variation).

not a single upper body push exercise with free shoulderblade movement.

no facepulls.

this is why i am asking for help and critique on my routine, user.

also shouldn't deadlifts go on upper day? I feel like doing squats & deads in one day means one of them is going to be suffering

why don't you just do a 4-day split like this:
push: 3x5 bench, 3x5 squat, 3x5 press, (optional 3x5 push), 2x10+ triceps & laterals
pull: 3x5/f pullup, 3x5 deadlift, 3x5 row, (optional 3x5 pull), 2x10+ curls & facepulls
rest
push: 3x10 bench, 3x10 squat, 3x10 press, (optional 3x10 push), 3x10+ triceps & laterals
pull: 3x10/f pullup, 3x10 deadlift, 3x10 row, (optional 3x10 pull), 3x10+ curls & facepulls
rest
rest

I'm a beginner doing a whol body routine three times a week. I use low weights but they still tire me and I'm drenched in sweat when I'm done.

>3 sets of 10 reps each, 1 minute rest:

>Dumbbell press
>DB squat
>DB deadlift
>Lunges
>DB Shoulder press
>DB Bent-over row
>DB bicep curls
>DB hammer curls

I'd drop lunges and both the curls and add a tricep move and use a BB for like all of these

BB not possible at home. I didn't mention I work out at home.

that sounds pretty solid

when you say 3x5 press & 3x10 press do you mean OHP? I've been avoiding that because my right shoulder is kinda fucked and it just ends up hurting me

also what would be some good options for the optional 3x10 push/pull and the optional 3x5 push/pull movements?

press means overhead press, yes. if you can't do it, you should figure out why, and work on fixing it. avoiding it and doing incline bench instead is not a good long term solution.

for the optional exercises, do whatever you want, but if you can go heavy on it, you might consider doing 2 sets instead of 3. examples are close-grip bench, db bench press, db overhead press, incline bench press, (seated) cable row, t-bar row, lat pulldown, db row, (snatch-grip) high pull. just pick one, it doesn't matter. it's still optional though, you don't need it.

oh okay well what weight are your dumbells then?

I'm looking for a 5 or 6 days routine I can do at home. I "only" have a barbell (with plates of course), a regular wooden bench, a squat rack, a pull up bar and rings to work with. No dumbbells albeit they're not the most expensive thing in the world.

I'm doing pic related at the moment with some extra exercises. I know I'm slower than a sloth taking a shit but warming up and doing 4-5 exercises takes me more than an hour which kind of sucks because I have other things to do as well.

Any routines you guys would recommend? My main goal is to tire myself as much as possible because of my stupid anxious brain but if I were to choose a more conventional goal, I'd say aesthetics.

Attached: Phraks-Greyskull-LP.jpg (800x689, 151K)

If you're on an LP, you're still a beginner.
Here's the routine I'm doing, it's 5 days of 'basic' exercises, but it's an intermediate routine, you don't need to slow the gains down like that, not yet.

Attached: Push Pull Intensity.png (580x162, 35K)

>High Pull
>no Face Pull

How did you get Jeff to negotiate?

To make that pic easier to understand: the numbers are percentages based on the front squat 5RM, the bolded exercises are hard to extra hard, the non-bolded are lighter and there to help you recover.

Obviously I got him High.
Meanwhile Rippletits was giving us dirty looks because he goes for Power Cleans instead.

word thanks user. def gonna try to figure out whats going on with my ohp, pts are expensive tho.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-01-12 fit - Post routines, r8 routines, shitpost routines p - Fitness - 4chan.png (368x689, 66K)

Strength routine is pic related, M/W/F
Cardio is 1-2 hours of alternating high/low difficulty Dance Dance Revolution, T/Th
Muay Thai conditioning on Saturday
Rest Sunday

Goal is cutting without throwing strength in the dumpster

Attached: Screenshot_20190115-152107.png (1440x2560, 450K)

common causes are inadequate thoracic spine mobility (leading to shitty shoulder mobility), and weak shoulder stabilizers (do facepulls, pushups). read this b-reddy.org/best-exercises-for-the-subscapularis/

Deadlifts go on power lower bro

Day1
Bench + incline
Ohp
Squat

Day2
Deadlift
Pull ups
Barbell row

Day3
Squats
Ohp
Bench + incline

Day4
Deadlift
Barbell row
Pull ups

Day5
Accessories
Power cleans
Full body exercises + cardio

So for day 1 and 2 I go for low rep max weights and 3 and 4 high reps with lower weights. Day 5 I go full body workout with different types of exercises to keep it creative

I came up with this routine today and starting tomorrow.
I tried to keep it simple to spend least amount of time possible in gym due to work and and other things
Is this solid? Any tips?

For the last year I've been doing the basic starting strength workout. Made some decent gains but I was getting really bored of the workout. Over the winter break some bros invited me to go to the gym with them every day. I told them I only worked out three days a week and they said "Bro, just give our routine a shot and see if you like it." So I started doing a 6-day split (PPLPPLX) routine with them, and kept it up for about the last month. I was getting a little frustrated because it didn't really feel super productive, but my girlfriend commented the other day about my back looking wider.

It's been good to change it up but I'm wondering if it's worth going back to MWF 5x5 or starting strength, or keeping on with the 6-day split.

Alright, could someone tell me if this is stupid or fine?

I just got a barbell/bench/rack after 5 months of weighted calisthenics.

(Every other day) A/rest/B/rest/A/rest/B/rest etc
Start at 3x7 reps + 1 rep every workout.
At 3x10 add weight.

A
>weighted chin ups
>deadlifts
>bench press
>OHP
>planks

B
>pendlay rows
>squats
>weighted dips
>OHP
>planks

Good or should I just start fresh from some beginner barbell routine? I'm not sure how much my weighted calisthenics experience transfers.

Attached: chink_homer.jpg (441x411, 26K)

Running the Jeff Nippard's program second time, this time fullbody because of uni. 2 weeks left in the program, I really want to try something new.

Attached: fullbody.png (383x724, 30K)

actually scratch that
same question, just changing the rep/weight scheme

5x5 each exercise +5 upper body each week and +10 lower body each week

How about this routine? I'm dead serious.

2 sets of 15 squat curl presses with two 40 lbs dumbbells.

That's it. 30 squat curl presses (80 lbs total) every day.

Attached: Squat-Curl-Press.jpg (1024x1024, 92K)

That much deadlifting in a week? This seems like overkill, how about low back hyperextensions on the second pull day instead?

deadlifting twice a week isn't much. also, you can do stiff-legged or romanian deadlifts on the second pull day.

Please rate pic related

Attached: IMG_20190112_181841_095.png (538x211, 14K)

You are including

>Hip hinges
>Squats
>Lunges
>Carries
>Vertical Pressing
>Horizontal Pressing
>Vertical Pulls
>Horizontal Pulls

In your routine, right?

>>Lunges
>>Carries
no

>not doing split squats and farmer carries

bro

word? I was hesitant to do that because then either my deadlifts or squats are gonna suffer greatly