/nufit/ - Nutrition & Fitness General

We all know that protein and some calories is all we need to get there, but what about the other nutrients? It's time for anons to share their insights on nutrition, not only on proteins.

For me? I've just started eating tons of pumpkin seeds. They are rich in zinc and magnesium, two of the most important minerals for men.

Also: onions not allowed.

Attached: 1535266285327.jpg (560x439, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

examine.com/supplements/garlic/
algaecal.com/expert-insights/magnesium-oxide-delivers-more-magnesium-with-far-fewer-pills/
wideopeneats.com/7-health-benefits-hot-sauce/
livestrong.com/article/1009442-health-benefits-hot-sauce/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Raw.
Liver.

>fried liver
Nutritious as fuck. Don't eat too often.
>low-fat quark
60g of protein for 335 calories.
>hand cheese
60g of protein for 250 calories.
>canned deenz/mackarel/herring
Because fishoil pills go rancid.
>crushed raw garlic
One of the few deserving the term 'superfood'. Good against colds. Swallow without chewing.
>raw onions
Because fuck you, that's why.
>carrots
For that healthy beta-carotene tan.
>raw honey
Healthy in moderation and goes well with:
>raw ginger
Healthy and great for digestion
>mastic gum
Great for digestion and for jaw muscle gains. Chew simultaneously on both sides.

I've noticed this swallow crushed raw garlic a couple of times now. What does it do? I want to start doing it if it actually helps anything but everyone says they struggle with a bad breath the rest of the day and bad body odor as well

Are nuts a good snack?
Im trying to stick to one meal a day, so for my regular lunch hour I just eat some assorted nuts.
They have healthy fats and proteins right? Healthier than chips for sure, but id like to be sure im not being a retard

>use garlic press
>crush raw clove onto spoon
>put into mouth without chewing
>wash the whole clump down with water
>rinse mouth with water
That's how you avoid garlic breath.

Also examine.com/supplements/garlic/

>Im trying to stick to one meal a day, so for my regular lunch hour I just eat some assorted nuts.
That's not how you do OMAD, faggot. You get ONE meal. Eat your nuts with that meal. Don't snack.

*heme-iron
*potassium
*magnesium
*zinc
*selenium
*creatine
*taurine
*carnosine
*carnitine
*choline
*glycine
*active B vitamins
*fat soluble vitamins: A, D, E, and K
*arachidonic acid (AA)
all found in red meat and offal. ruminant brain and fish also have DHA.

What are the good properties of liver overall?

Afaik you can't get enough magnesium from red meat

Any good takeout food when you don't feel like sticking to your diet or cooking? Is anything from a chinese restaurant top tier? High protein, low carb, high veggies?

calcium and magnesium balance each other, and many foods contain way more calcium than magnesium (dairy especially). meat contains the same or more magnesium than calcium, and only eating meat doesn't result in magnesium deficiency. I still take a magnesium supplement, because they're so cheap (a pound of magnesium chloride is 2 bucks).
The only element meat is too low in, is iodine, which is only really found in seafood due to soil depletion. I just use iodized (light) salt instead though.

>magnesium chloride
I've thought about getting it, but seems like it's the one with the lowest bioavailability and the one that makes you shit yourself.
Maybe it's worth getting a slightly better one isn't it?

give this a read algaecal.com/expert-insights/magnesium-oxide-delivers-more-magnesium-with-far-fewer-pills/

>cooking
Here's what I do when I don't feel like cooking. I take a frozen chicken breast, heat a skillet with olive oil, cube the frozen breast, throw it in the skillet, boil some veggies, and remove the chicken when done. Super easy. Super healthy. Super tasty.

rice + lentils + kidney beans + pulled oats
with eggs and some mayo.
Godtier bulking food, easy as fuck to make with good macros

Super high dose of niacin
Super high dose vitamin K2
Citruline malate
You litterally cannot overdose on these, niacin only has an upper limit because of the flushing, thats why nicotinamide and other non flushing niacin forms have a much higher upper limit in europe(do not buy these non flushing forms, they are a scam and don't work only buy pure nicotinic acid) people take grams (2000 times the recommende upper intake) of this stuff every day without adverse effects except flushing, wich is totally harmless. As for K2 mice have been tested for 250mg K2 per kg bodyweight and it showed no adverse effect, a normal dose for humans is 100 microgram
I have used these for cardiovascular health gains, had genetic predisposition to hypertension and artery calcification. At some point i had 140 over 40 indicative of very very stiff arteries, now after a year its a cool 110 over 60 actually pretty low.
Also a study on rats suggest the reason for high estrogen in men today is a lack of K-2 in the modern diet. Estrogen, like K2 prevents osteoporosis by depositing calcium in the bones, the study showed that rats with low K2 in their diet had much higher estrogen levels in their blood than the high K2 rats, when the low K2 rats were provided aromatose inhibitors to bring their estrogen to high K2 values, they developed very bad osteoporosis. So it seems that high estrogen is a defence mechanism of the body to prevent your bones from breaking in an instant. K2 also decalcifies soft tissue, like the pineal gland, wich all third eye memes aside, does produce melotonin and regulates your circadian rithm. I slept much better after a year of K2, maybe coincidence maybe not. Do keep in mind this is a process that takes months if not years, its not a preworkout that makes you feel stronger ten minutes.
Also citruline malate as PED

I drown everything in chilli sauce, not only because I lived in Thailand for 8 months and went from hating spicy food to not being able to get enough of it, but apparently it has a range of health and weight-loss benefits too:

wideopeneats.com/7-health-benefits-hot-sauce/

livestrong.com/article/1009442-health-benefits-hot-sauce/

I order sushi, depending on your macros it's best to either stick with the sashimi and a small portion of nigiri, or go for the full platter with a variety. The fish is obviously packed with protein and healthy fats and oils, and the small amount of rice can give a good carb boost. Add to that ginger, seaweed, vegetables, etc. And you've got yourself a pretty healthy fast food meal.

If you don't like fish or can't stand sushi I just order some grilled chicken with salad.

That's called cooking.

Attached: chicken-liver-all-classes-raw-100-grams-dv.png (800x500, 51K)

I just throw down $5 on double hamburgers at McBulks. Take out the bun and sauce and you have 0 carbs.

>That's called cooking.
Yes but it takes less effort than ordering food from some Chinese bitch.

Got very interested about calorie counting today and have a question about it. I understand putting food on a scale gives you a number, but how do u figure out the grams of protein/fat in the item. Thanks in advance bros

Attached: zyzz (2).png (329x449, 207K)

usually on the packaging it will say how many grams of protein/fat there is per 100g. If theres no info, just search for it on google.

so if you way your food weighs 300g, just divide 300/100 = 3, and multiply 3 with the number of grams of protein per 100g.

I understand now, thanks man

Yeah, and putting a ready made chicken breast meal in the oven takes even less effort. The point is sometimes people like to order in.

Some websites have plenty of info.

Chia seeds and flaxseeds in my porridge in the morning boys

Sports/performance dietitian for a D1 university here. AMA before someone tells you to eat 36 hard boiled egg whites and 2 multivitamins

>flaxseeds
Enjoy your estrogen.

What are your favourite recipes for college students who wanna Jow Forums on a budget?

Nigga my testosterone is fine anyway, its benefits outway the small estrogen

>180lb 18 year old 5’10 male
>Trying to build muscle while maintaining current weight (Or slowly losing fat) for the next year to let loose skin fix itself after 160lb weight loss
>Currently just doing incline bench, decline chin-ups, body weight squats and pull ups 3 days a week

How many calories should I be eating? I’m currently doing 1700 while getting 130g of protein and carbs

Attached: D253B7BF-99DA-4B64-88C5-B1DC4D9BC93D.jpg (674x533, 48K)

taco "shells" are an amerilard invention

If you have a calorie tracking app, you should be able to look up common foods quite easily. Food products with barcodes can be scanned as well - recently I bought a pack of frozen beef that had no macros listed, which I'd been roughly eyeballing. Scanned it and it turned out to be in the app's database.