Jow Forums skate

Any Jow Forumsizens former or current skateboarders? I've been into skating my whole life, and really got good in my adolescent years and early 20s. This was accompanied by periods of focusing heavily on lifting - now I've been using skating as cardio during my cut.

Attached: hellofellowkids.jpg (968x1390, 125K)

Nice, I fly around on my BMX for cardio.

Lol skateboarding is for middleschoolers

Yeah boi.

Well, I try anyway. I'm not very good but I do enjoy it.

Attached: skate.webm (640x360, 2.17M)

>roiding for this

lol, dat $20 skateboard

dom still skates, so i also skate

Attached: skate sewa.gif (400x225, 1.99M)

I can kickflip/heelflip in every stance, skating helps me be fit, without it I would've already kms

Hardflip nose grind nollie late flip out check'd

Skateboarders usually reach their prime skill wise in their twenties.

Hows my form?

Attached: skateboard squat form check.gif (267x208, 1.94M)

That sounds like more of a loser than saying you're in a punk band in your 20s

Why?

Holy shit I remember seeing that on TV sometime in the 2000s. I was amazed at how his shoes fell off like that.

Because both are subcultures of burnout failures

skated since i was 5. Started lifting in February of last year because i had ACL / meniscus repair and needed a way to get energy out. just starting to get my harder tricks back

Unironically this.

If you follow the usual timeline of a kid starting to skate around middle school (11 to 12), gaining that coordination when their neural pathways are still developing, then increasing their strength as puberty/manhood hits, it's not unreasonable to be at your highest level of both strength and balance/skill in your early 20s.

I'm definitely not as good as I used to be, but I still skate mini ramps/transition from time to time (way too bulked up now for stairs or rails, plus brittle ass ankles from years of jumping down shit). I still get props from the older guys and younger kids, feelsgoodman.

As I've gotten older I've come to realize that following trends and the "get gud fgt" mentality isn't nearly as gratifying as just enjoying what you're doing, regardless of skill level. I'd rather only have a few tricks and have a blast than keep trying to progress and stress myself out like I used to.

Have you seen any benefits from lifting besides rehab/prehab? Higher pop, more explosiveness, enhanced ability to focus, etc.

Pretty sweet but I'm too lazy to get out and do anything

I had a lot more pop before surgery but I am also still just under a year out. I only recently started hitting legs hard because I was T-rex mode before lifting and besides style improvement (no flailing arms) not much has changed. Take into account I am 24 and was an amateur rider for local shop for a few years so my prime days are coming to a close (both ankles torn 3 times each)

Yes. Just got a new deck in today and boutta go home and skate

Part of both and doing just fine with my life.
Sounds like jealous cope

Based and redpilled