BENCH

FLAT or INCLINE and why

Attached: anatomy-bench-press.jpg (1440x1091, 848K)

Both, nonnegotiable

Flat barbell
Incline dumbbell
I don’t know why

Decline barbell gets me the best pump

Incline > flat

doing both is unnecessary

Non-reso but newfag

Should i just stick to flat bench while doing a beginner program?

This plus this bench until your arms fall off or you won't make it.

Incline, don't get the big boobie look with huge lower pecs and small upper

Incline barbell

Yes, probably. It's one of the easier lifts to learn.

incline barbell masterrace
if you disagree it's cause u cant rep 2pl8 on incline like

For guys doing both, do you ddo 3x5 or 5x5 heavy sets for flat bench and then lighter 3x8-10 for incline?

Both. And dips or decline. I throw cable flies in as well. Went from having issues with 185lbs for a ORM to 2 plate for 8 in about 3 months or so.

Granted, I'd lifted and been able to do that years ago, so your milage may vary.

incline bench is literally the gayest pussy shit ever done. Incline is basically a bitched out overhead press and you've been duped by people selling programs saying it hits the upper chest. GTFO of here with that incline bullshit. slight incline dumbells, now that's a lift.

Attached: allamerican.jpg (1280x720, 345K)

I've been stuck at 185x4 for like 3 months and i do literally everything to failure. What am I doing wrong?

>i do literally everything to failure
That. That's what you're doing wrong. I mostly do 12, 10, 8. That's it. Maybe more volume for some accessory shit.

Once again, though, I lifted and played football all throughout highschool and into college for a bit. I could bench 265 for reps at one point. I don't know how much can be attributed to muscle memory and how much to programming. I wasn't in charge of my program back then, so I have no idea what I ran. But it wasn't focused on hypertrophy, so I just looked like a strong, chubby dude that could jump higher than I should and run eerily quick.

Doing everything to failure is almost certainly your problem because it fucks with your ability to recover before your next workout. There's a reason lots of resources recommend leaving like 1-2 reps "in the tank" on your work sets. Just because you /can/ keep going doesn't mean you should.

Both

Attached: 87738015-F396-4165-8190-F31D78EAA2B1.png (750x1334, 781K)

barbell or dumbell?

Wait, what the fuck?
Do people really only do one bench exercise? No wonder this board is filled with DYELs lmao.

Based and iron pilled

do both

Attached: 1546839743477.gif (200x200, 231K)

Incline. Never flat or decline unless you want titty mounds. Incline only gives you dat dere superhero square flat chest.

OHP + incline are best for chest aesthetics

Flat is good for overall upper body strength gains though. Incline is better for aesthetics, but if you care at all about your chest strength, alternate incline and flat. Decline is useless though.

Did I do too much flat bench?

Attached: IMG_20190115_174548.jpg (951x960, 170K)

Yes, but add incline dumbell press once you start stalling on flat

Honestly I do flat, and occasional incline dumbbells. This thread making me think doing more incline though.

it's better for building strength

I always do flat barbell bench press for breasts, but alternate between barbell incline press and dumbbell incline press. Works pretty good.

Attached: 1547414029693.jpg (400x292, 24K)

I like incline better because it forces me to only use the upper body since theres no leg drive, also less momentum.
It just works better for me.

My shoulder pops on every rep when I do incline. What did it mean by this?

U have shoulder aids, sorry bro

both

Attached: qybLvezsVr2gX9_B_1kI6-cpEw86IFsSs3_y6OFCFUA.jpg (1080x1350, 195K)

i do 5x5 progressively heavier flat db press and then lighter incline 5x8-10

would it be useful to put muscle where manboobs used to be?
t. recovering fatty

Your elbows are too flared out you have to tuck them in more

Looks like shit but I'm still mirin

Once you go flat you’ll never go back

R E V E R S E

For them upper chest gains

this guy gets it

I know I did

Attached: 20190110_133325.jpg (4128x3096, 2.34M)