Can you redpill me on the KETO-diet?

Can you redpill me on the KETO-diet?

What I've gathered is, eat almost no carbs, and my body starts burning fat for fuel, and I'll cut super rapidly. And my breath will smell weird, which will indicate to me that it's working.

Is that the gist of it? Anyone tried it?

Attached: vsco5b33a64e67fff.jpg (1106x2049, 277K)

Other urls found in this thread:

usa.yourketo.diet
thebigmansworld.com/3-ingredient-no-bake-keto-peanut-butter-bars-paleo-vegan-low-carb/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/588546
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1373635/
amazon.com/Eat-Bacon-Dont-Jog-Bullshit-ebook/dp/B00KLDEKZC/ref=sr_1_1_twi_kin_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1547609975&sr=8-1&keywords=grant petersen
en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Principles_of_Biochemistry/Gluconeogenesis_and_Glycogenesis
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2716748/
youtube.com/watch?v=Dan8qtgQRi8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You’ll hate your life, but I’ve dropped 30lbs in a month and a half. At least you can eat all the ground beef you want, though

so it does work

any tips for coping with the bad breath? or is it not that bad?

anything else i should know?

im thinking ill start the day after yesterday. just need one last delicious carb-filled meal

Keto flu is different for everyone. I got a few headaches and a little moody, but if you can tough it out for a few days it’ll pass no problem. If you have trouble with water and electrolytes, I highly recommend Mio. Shit does wonder for me, especially the sports version. Don’t have much for bad breath, maybe find some sugar-free gum to chew on

alright, duly noted
ill expect to notice some physical changes when cutting carbs out completely, but im hoping ill get used to it
30lsb in 1.5 months sounds wicked. im excited about this

thanks for info user

I’m on it right now. It killed my addiction to the sugar and carb Jew and mentally I feel alive and well,

I didn’t work out for the first month (forgive my sins) and still dropped 20lbs. Recently got back into working out and those pounds are falling off. Keep it up, man. You’re gonna make it.

nice, great to hear

cant believe ive never heard of this shit till about two weeks ago

i saw this chick on Dr Oz who looked fucking 30, and apparantly she was like 50 years old. would bang
i realize its tv and fake & all that, but still

wicked

I would recommend going on a website that customizes a keto diet plan just for you for a month or as long as you like and that is based on your own details that you provide them (height, weight, food preference, etc.). I did that it and it makes everything easier, otherwise it’s a bitch to look up and struggle with making recipes daily.

Keto works, ignore fags who say otherwise. And it doesn’t make your breath bad per se but it does give it a distinctive smell which means your body is in ketosis and is burning fat instead of carbs.

Hard redpill here.

Don't do it. You will lose a lot of muscle and most of the weight you "lose" is just water your body needs to repair itself. Also once you get out of keto, you will gain weight like crazy. Best advice is not to follow any meme diets and just eat properly, exercise and stop eating sugar and excess calories. It will take longer to lose weight but it won't create any imbalances in your diet or force you to put yourself in danger.

>tldr; keto is a meme that should be avoided. Just workout and eat a balanced diet if you want to lose weight in a healthy way. "Cheating" always ends up badly.

*also it will ruin your metabolism for years to come

>Don't do it. You will lose a lot of muscle and most of the weight you "lose" is just water your body needs to repair itself.
Bullshit, you do lose water weight in the first week due to your body filtering out the carbs. You then lose actual pounds after that are not water weight.

>Also once you get out of keto, you will gain weight like crazy.
Only if you hop back onto carbs like a crazy bastard. If you stick to a balanced diet you won’t.

Best advice is not to follow any meme diets and just eat properly, exercise and stop eating sugar and excess calories.
That is exactly what the Keto diet is.. and it’s not a meme diet or any fad shit like the all-meat diet for ex.

>It will take longer to lose weight but it won't create any imbalances in your diet or force you to put yourself in danger.
You’re not putting yourself in danger on Keto though. And the diet itself is designed to be short term (usually 1-3 months)

Wrong. Ignore

My experience with keto was extreme weakness on lifts, low sex drive, constant headaches, etc. Its a pain in the ass to do, since you have to eat and drink salty stuff just to keep up on your electrolytes since your body is constantly flushing them out. 40/30/30 macro split is superior for getting lean and staying lean. Keto is for fat people and/or sedentary people who don't workout at all

You shouldn't operate in extremes in order to lose weight. you'll just rebound harder when you get off keto because your deprived insulin receptors are going to make your body pack fat back in amazingly fast.

Just slowly gain/retain strength on a moderate deficit with decent carb and fats...

don't do keto

just eat low carb (80-120g) and eat them around your workouts. the "whoosh" diuretic effect will be a little less dramatic but it will still happen if you're eating more carbs

fuck keto flu and electrolyte imbalances

>You are not putting yourself in danger

1) Keto Can Put Stress on the Kidneys and Possibly Give You Kidney Stones
2) Keto Severely Limits Carbs, You May Develop Nutrient Deficiencies
3) Keto Could Cause Your Blood Sodium to Dip
4) Keto May Lead to High Cholesterol and an Increased Risk for Heart Disease

I can keep going but a quick google scholar search should tell you all you need to know about keto and the side effects. It's harmful for your body OP, don't listen to them.

Yeah deadass.. extended keto can kill you

Why get on a diet that isnt sustainable long term? People should be eating similar to how they'd be eating after the diet. Establish long term habits, dont fall for memes

I tried it for a month, dropped 20 pounds, lost all energy and motivation, gf was worried because i had no sex drive, lifts suffered heavily (my usual warmup sets felt rpe 9), was bitchy and mopey and borderline depressed all month. 3/10 dont recommend, just cut normally

do you remember the website user?

All of those are LONG TERM effects. This diet is not designed to be long, only temporary

Idiot

As said, keto is for fat people who barely workout.
>"Studies suggest that people on the ketogenic diet lose muscle even when they continue resistance training. This may be related to the fact that protein alone is less effective for muscle building than protein and carbohydrates together after exercise.”

You shouldn't be on a keto diet if you are seriously working out, otherwise say goodbye to your gains. Eating a proper diet is the key for losing weight, never do any meme diets that can harm your metabolism and ability to build muscle.

usa.yourketo.diet

Good meals, you pick what foods you like/dislike, and it adjusts everything based on you. I ordered the month plan for $25-30 and all meals have been good so far.

JUST STOP EATING, FATTY!

I did keto/omad for 6 months. It “worked” (shocker lowered my calories) but as time went on I started sleeping like shit, lifts garbage, low sex drive, much like what was previously mentioned.

Carbs aren’t evil, don’t buy packaged foods, cook for yourself at home and eat a caloric deficit with adequate protein, fats and carbs for your lifestyle.

> paying 30usd to be told to eat fatty animals, cheese, butter, olive oil and veggies

>stop eating sugar and excess calories
That's basically what keto is, numbnuts

sounds like you are a low-test faggot. I have been doing keto for 2 months now and fuck my wife every night. I also lift 4x a week. My deadlift starting keto was 450x4 and is now 480x4.

How come when 2 doctors only ate meat for 1 year their vitals were healthier then when they began? Are you just making shit up or are you getting your info from vogue/women's fitness?

you are a faggot too.
>yes goy watch everything you eat. Track every macro/calorie
Why are humans the only species that has to watch what they eat or they get fat? Yet once you start doing very low carb you can just eat until you are full and never gain any weight? Meat is literally the only thing humans can eat by itself and thrive. There is not one other food source that does not require supplements or another nutrient to make it work.
>inb4 vitamin c
It is in trace amount of animal tissue including the liver/stomach

idiot, you pay $30 a month for that?

Its hell it works but keep to a month or less.

so

any wicked KETO meal/diet suggestions?

Not a meal, but I found this dope dessert recipe. It really helped when I’d get a random sweet tooth but it’s almost zero carb/sugar.

thebigmansworld.com/3-ingredient-no-bake-keto-peanut-butter-bars-paleo-vegan-low-carb/

eat some liver.

It works because supposedly you don't feel hungry, but a lot of people get duped into thinking it's special for them because they lost a bunch of water weight in their first month and think that the weight loss will stay at the same pace.

Is raiding the lactation room keto-approved?

Attached: 1546554959539.jpg (872x917, 214K)

>At least you can eat all the ground beef you want, though
That's not keto, and you shouldn't be doing that diet unless you're feeling good and getting 10/10 sleep consistently or it can fuck with your intestines and blood-brain barrier.

It's not optimal for muscle retention. Carbs prevent catabolism post workout and keep performance in the gym from dropping off. However if keto helps you to adhere to your fat loss, I say go with it because consistency > details.

bullshit long term keto isn't bad otherwise they wouldn't put epileptic kids on it for the rest of their lives

Keto is so fucking retarded lol it's the diet of single mothers

Attached: 1492055360142.jpg (345x336, 214K)

found the retard

Found the fatass

Attached: 1547573042989.jpg (540x340, 53K)

Attached: doublesguy14.jpg (320x306, 21K)

Strange because I can also eat until I am full (eating a BALANCED diet) and not gain any weight. You're the one who is a food addict and can't go near carbs or you will stuff your fat fucking mouth until you can't breathe.

This is the best argument your glucose deprived brain could come up with?? HAHAHA

>everybody has no self control but me

>hurduur
>i called him a retard
>victory is mine
you are definitely a gaping faggot.

Keto just makes it easier to fast. Fasting is the final red-pill. Keto just makes fasting easier since keto mimics fasting.

edgy trips detected

Attached: 1547328655402.jpg (700x751, 25K)

Dude you can't argue with vegans. These people will claim that the china study btfo keto.

>or it can fuck with your intestines and blood-brain barrier.

Attached: 5fd.png (768x752, 88K)

Do you not understand insulin at all? Are you reall that much of a faggot that you cannot be bothered to understand how insulin sensitivity work? Do you not understand that carbs cause diabeetus and the only cure is keto and fasting. Do you not understand that sugar causes cancer? Do you not understand that carbs are an inflammatory? How big of a faggot are you? Can you provide one source that show that carbs are good for you? You can live with out carbs but not fat or protein.

enjoy your cancer

>How come when 2 doctors only ate meat for 1 year their vitals were healthier then when they Vegan?

Because they changed to a slightly better diet. Doing a 2/10 diet is worse than doing a 2'5/10 diet, that doesn't mean the latter is good for you.

That's also why there are so many carnivore and vegan threads trowing shit at each other. They see the other as a meme diet easy to shill against. They also think that doing so will make their diet look good by comparison (and sometimes retards like you fall for it).

not everyone gets the bad keto breath

most pain in the ass about keto is planning the meals, ideally you want to count the carbs and get the correct macros

i'd suggest you plan out a week's worth of meals and just stick to that, or just eat the same shit every day as long as it has the right macros and calories

also get keto sticks, you piss on them and verify whether you're in ketosis or not

>proved by scientists
>"n-no, dudebro science says it's wrong!"

yawn. classic keto/carnivore strawman response. not all carbs are table sugar you moron. Sweet potatoes, potatoes, rice etc. coupled with meat, vegetables and fruits are FINE.
since you keto fags looooove anecdotal data, show me a top level athlete who is on a strict ketogenic/carnivore diet (you won't.)

Excessive saturated fat intake, which is basically inevitable on meme keto diets does this. Persistence hunters could be keto just fine because of the quality and ratios of the animal fat. Macro-autists could be keto just fine, most people can do keto just fine but if being on keto makes you feel like shit all of the time you're doing something fucking wrong and it can fuck with your health like any diet done poorly.

the "bad thing" about saturated fat is that it impairs glucose metabolism. take away carbs, and the problem disappears. unsaturated fat is unstable, becomes rancid easily, and doesn't signal fatty acid metabolism like saturated fat, causing a host of problems.

>take away carbs, and the problem disappears
but most people don't, which goes back to generally everything I've said.

Did straight keto for 3 months - even got the pH strips and all of that. I would get stomach acid issues and occasional headaches.

I moved to just paleo and LOVE IT. You can do so much with paleo it's not even funny. Wanna build muscle? Paleo.
Wanna lose body fat? Paleo.
Want perfect cholesterol, triglycerides and blood pressure? Paleo.

Pick up all of the Wheat Belly books, disregard the junk science talk, and focus on the recipes. (although stay away from any bean ingredients).

And the best thing is you're not giving any foods up. You just have the paleo version of it. Pizza - there's dozens of paleo versions. Burgers, ice cream, spaghetti, etc.

I'm 37 and in the best shape of my life, with people saying they thought I was like 26 at most. Adopt the caveman life, user.

Didnt even know about the breath. Been on it for 6 months and never noticed bad breath, maybe no one told me lmao

generally, the less carbs you eat, the less you'll crave them. a meat-only diet only reinforces this. and even if you are eating carbs, the benefits of beef outweigh the cons of saturated fat impairing glucose metabolism. just get lean beef. also not all saturated fat is equal. palmitic acid (C16:0) is mainly what impairs glucose, but the MCTs in coconut oil get converted into ketones even in the presence of glucose. (yes, avoid cupcakes with palm oil, no don't avoid lean beef)

or. eat beef with some vegetables. use tallow (or coconut oil, or butter), and iodized light salt.

Keto breath will go away in time as your body fully adapts to using the new energy form efficiently.

>what is leucine oxidation with regards to beta hydroxybutyrate
>what is water weight from carb loading

Fuck off retard.

Your potassium is low. It's not just a sodium thing.

Hi Cole.

>Carbs prevent catabolism

Literally cite any credible source.

Facts. Fasting is the final boss of fat loss, muscle sparing and metabolism boosting.

Well yeah that's what I'm getting at.

Sprialized zucchini? Congrats you got spaghetti

Bobs Red Mill Paleo Flour made bread? Awesome, you have sandwich buns for burgers and whatnot.

One of my favorites is whisking an egg with flaxseeds and a hint of olive oil. Pour on a plate and stick in the microwave for 15 seconds. Presto! Soft taco shells.

I've had so much pizza made out of cauliflower I could detonate any toilet in the world.

no, I'm getting at a simple diet of just beef, maybe with some vegetables. no weird shit like "paleo flour", flaxseeds, or cauliflower pizza. and no omega-6 fat from olive oil.

Glycogen is important. Keto only makes sense for fatties or anyone that needs to cut drastically.

>Carbs prevent catabolism
>Literally cite any credible source

carbs are protein sparing, meaning that there's a greater net amount of protein around to build muscle, contribute to other metabolic processes, including preventing catabolism.

and here's a primary study to prove it: "The protein-sparing effect of carbohydrate"

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/588546

in ketosis, the muscles use more free fatty acids and less glycogen for energy. performance isn't negatively impacted, and even enhanced for aerobic work.

>he still thinks cholesterol causes heart disease
yall niggas need to keep up on your reading

For all the anti-keto posters, while you're here:

I'm coming off keto and am going grocery shopping tomorrow, whats are some god tier bulk foods for normie macros?

This what we're doing now?

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1373635/

>it appears, from most literature studied, that a VLCARB is, if anything, protective against muscle protein catabolism during energy restriction, provided that it contains adequate amounts of protein.

don't jump into a large amount of carbs after doing keto. build it up slowly. unless you want to instantly gain 2 pounds of fat and fuck up your liver.

Dirty or clean?

Dirty? Whatever the fuck you want. Avoid processed sugar if you can.

Clean? Sweet potatoes, rice, milk

from that paper:

>A VLCARB is almost always relatively high in protein.

i.e. not keto.

The state of ketosis is merely the body using ketone bodies for energy opposed to glycogen stores.

This can be either nutritional or from the body.

i.e. why people that fast preserve muscle mass and spare their metabolism

people that fast dont preserve muscle. the paper you cited was an overview of some, dare i say it, cherry picked studies, and came to a conclusion that is against the rest of the literature.
papers that report on actual experiments carried out by researchers find the opposite. you know this is true; no one can preserve muscle on a calorie deficit or when carbs are drastcially reduced. this isnt even a moot point.

Dr. Jason Fung would disagree with you. But hey, you do you, I'll stay lean and keep all my strength.

Well, as anyone here will tell you, it's all a matter of calories in vs calories out. All diets are some variation of this basic principle. So as long as you can simply count calories, doesn't matter what you do, you'll lose weight.

The reason there are so many diets out there is cause for some people it's oftentimes easier to accomplish this goal theough a specific diet. Take me, I'm a fat asian fuck. I recognized the reason for my weight was because I would eat a metric fuckshit ton of rice every day. I never went out to eat fast food or drank soda, I just ate so mucb fucking rice daily. So I tried keto since rice is carbs which is an automatic no go. Going full cold turkey on rice and carbs also will help me gain the self control to limit them when I'm done with keto in 8 months or so. Basically just try it and see if it cuts a significant portion of the calories you normally eat.

>I'll stay lean and keep all my strength.
you cant stay strong on a keto diet; that's why sportsmen eat carbs, a lot of them.
you're obviously living a fantasy life that doesnt accord with reality, and arguing with people on the interent wont change that. i used to be that guy too, so i know where youre coming from.

>you cant stay strong on a keto diet

Attached: 1508283267013.png (625x423, 74K)

When in ketosis, your body synthesizes glucose from ketones in a process called gluconeogenesis

there's not a single strength athlete - either in the lifting sports or in sports with a strength component liek rugby, boxing etc - that is on a keto diet.
the only time someone like that would use keto is to make weight. closer to competition carbs are back in.
like i said, this isnt moot nor controversial. why people persist in debating on the interent is jsut bizarre.

a moo point

not from ketones, dumbass

The easiest way into understanding it is Grant Petersen's book.

>Eat Bacon, Don't Jog: Get Strong. Get Lean. No Bullshit.
amazon.com/Eat-Bacon-Dont-Jog-Bullshit-ebook/dp/B00KLDEKZC/ref=sr_1_1_twi_kin_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1547609975&sr=8-1&keywords=grant petersen

You are right, its from the glycerol component of fat, not from the ketones.

Gluconeogenesis (abbreviated GNG) is a metabolic pathway that results in the generation of glucose from non-carbohydrate carbon substrates such as lactate, glycerol, and glucogenic amino acids.

en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Principles_of_Biochemistry/Gluconeogenesis_and_Glycogenesis

no, it's mostly from protein, dumbass.

I've been doing it for three months and have lost 30 pounds with no exercise. No bad breath. I never have a sex drive to begin with though because i'm a dyel s o i b o i

>no, it's mostly from protein, dumbass.
lol no. makes me laugh when people start talking about gluconeogenesis, so much brain farting going on.

Attached: DwkLHQ4X0AIxz5q.jpg (432x432, 54K)

I think you need to be specific whether it's for weight loss or if you're lean already.

Hey, OP. Glad you're not being a faggot today.
Keep your proteins at about 25%, Carbs at 5%, and Fats at 70%. Eat lots of leafy greens, and other healthy fatty foods such as avocados, salmon, and grass fed beef. Keep working out, eat lots of leafy greens, drink lots of water, and good luck. I usually do keto with a mix of fasting for 2 months and see great results.

Check out this study for long term keto:
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2716748/

And here's another source of some information:
>youtube.com/watch?v=Dan8qtgQRi8

I'm going to hit the point home again before I nod off.
>Eat lots of greens.

DO NOT GET MEMED by the "whoa, cheese and bacon only" diet.

I started avoiding the sugary jew, and naturally got pushed into keto after it was all I saw when I looked up "low carb X." I've only been on it for about a week and already I feel fucking amazing. I used to constantly feel fatigued. All I wanted to do was sleep. But I actually have energy. I actually do shit around the house, and don't procrastinate work 'till the last minute. This was in combination with a lot of vegetables, but not even exercise. (I didn't start exercising until yesterday.) Still I have so much energy. It feels so amazing.

I love it. I don't know how it compares to other diets, but I'm perfectly happy with low-carb.

Huamns have historically engaged in industrial farming of grains and eat sugar and pizza and processed food what kinda meme keto shit is this? Stick to your 40/40/20 or as long as you get your calories in. Calories in calories out fuck yeah America!

I fasted for three days with a friend and lost a ton of water weight, then after a couple days of finishing off the carbs in my house, I decided to do keto. I entered keto after about two days, and I know that because my mouth tasted gawdawful. I'm now three days in, mouth is tasting normal again except for slight acidic taste in the back of my mouth from time to time, weight is about the same. I've been primarily eating spinach, eggs, salmon, and old cheddar cheese, and I've been using olive oil to cook and as a salad dressing. I lose track with the cheese so I'm cutting it and most other dairies out of my diet and replacing them with just a dollop of butter in my coffee. I've also consumed leeks, half-and-half and 18% cream without issue. I experienced a slightly racing heartbeat yesterday but this has died down, though I find I am still facing somewhat of an unusually out of breath feeling when I walk long distances and can get a bit of a headrush when I stand up too quickly. Tomorrow I plan on buying some butter, ground beef, more spinach, more eggs, and possibly avocados, asparagus, chicken thighs, 100% beef patties, raspberries, blackberries, and/or dark chocolate (at least 90%) if any of them are on sale. From what I've seen a lot of people can struggle with losing weight if they are overly reliant on dairy so make sure to watch your calories since they can add up fast. I've been consuming less than 30g of carbohydrates a day and now that I'm mostly through with the "keto flu" am watching my calories as well while aiming for at least 100g of fat a day. I also find symptoms are greatly lessened by drinking a ton of water (even if you don't feel thirsty), possibly consuming some salt, and making sure to get a good night's rest. I'm 5'6 and 140lbs for reference.

it's only good for fatties. anyone with a normal body should eat a balanced diet and not do memes

awesome