I got deferred from the main university i applied to

i got the email and i genuinely dont want to go the gym anymore. i am so sad. i dont know what to do. please knock some sense into my Jow Forums. i fucking broke my 4 day nofap too. i dont know why this is affecting me so much.

Attached: sad.jpg (239x211, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hHEOguxiUsY
unisa.ac.za/sites/corporate/default/Register-to-study-through-Unisa
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You could always join America's Navy® A Global Force For Good™
Brought to you by Papa John's® Better Ingredients Better Pizza™

If this is the deferral I'm thinking of, all hope is not lost just wait till their actual decision. Go to the gym, yeah the work out will suck because you're sad but its doing something and it'll make you feel better in the long run. In the end one bad roll of the dice isnt worth trashing your body imo

Attached: 1545755739188.jpg (846x1226, 114K)

Did you not apply anywhere else?
Man up. I got in my top choice but it's too expensive for me. Make those gains for what you lost.

GET BIG.

i applied to a bunch of places, but i just got the response from one (my main one) like 10 minutes ago. i dont want to tell my parents.
okay, ill try and muster up some strength.
you're right, ill eventually end up somewhere , my body needs the gym though. you're right

Hard times create strong men. Get back up

dw user, this day is gonna be bad and that's it. just let yourself go today (not too badly ofc) and get back at it tommorow man

Attached: 26196294_1993735877507669_1507283299310749900_n.jpg (720x644, 46K)

Did you not apply to safety school? Dude everyone gets denied from colleges. If this is all it takes to get you discouraged then you might as well give up. Life is very difficult despite what people say. Stand tall and keep going or die and be lost to history. You have one life, use it wisely.

Attached: BCF76A8C-E3F8-4414-B8B3-2397A2A1AF29.jpg (646x431, 86K)

Just tell them they won’t give a fuck. It’s just a school dude. I went to an “elite” college. It didn’t do a lot for me honestly. I liked the ego boost and campus but job prospects were just the same if not a small amount better. Use your network and on campus interviews.

no man, i feel a lot better its just that i had litearlly just broken no-fap and i was on the post-fap depressive period where you are disgusted by your fapping, and the email popped on my phone. i am now realizing how much i need to just pick myself up and move forward. thank you for your kind words man.
i applied to like 10 colleges in total, but this was the first response i got. so a little salty taste

thank you fellow user

Attached: thanks fren.png (271x186, 7K)

Your school doesn't matter as much if you like the major you're in
I picked the U of Minnesota over fucking Cornell because I thought I wanted to study chemical engineering but turns out it sucks ass and I wanna kill myself

i told my dad. you were pretty much right, he literally shrugged it off like 'oh alright. did you get any other emails?'. i guess it isnt that big of a deal. thank you. ill take your advice into consideration too.

Attached: feels.png (200x240, 30K)

i didnt get into my desired graduate program. went somewhere else, did some amazing things, met the love of my life, made contacts that got me a good job

don't beat yourself up. not getting into that school could be the best thing that ever happens to you

you're fucking kidding its me OP and i genuinely want to study chemical engineering lol. i have an intense interest in chemistry and math.

college sucks ass and lowers your test

just fucking get a job and save noney while you live at your parents,buy sn apartament and rent it

otherwise buy a car and go full uber

>Found the NEET

U of minnesota seems like a smart decision? how were you gonna afford cornell

Getting rejected from uni knocked me on my ass for months. Get up, keep going. Find alternatives, if you have to, but never stop.

Good luck to you my friend. Make a lot of friends in college so you can leverage their network for opportunities later on. Go to class make friends with your professors. Good first and second year grades are really important for internships which will give you the required experience for jobs after college. Use your job center or career center as much as you can.

i unironically go to a public college and study physical education, but i feel like im wasting my time

Do not listen to this awful advice

oh calm down, life gets so much worse than that.. toughen up or you will be crushed when your calamity actually occurs... and it is coming, we all get at least a few

try doing some lighter exercise in the short term, maybe go for a walk. Try reading some new literature outside of your comfort zone for a new perspective on what you're doing.

This.
What you hit was a minor annoyance. Life gets harder the older you get.

It sounds like you're getting some decent advice in here and you're taking it okay now, but I would add one other thing: Learn from this. Learn how to push; how to fight mentally. Learn how to persevere.

I was in a similar situation to you at one point. Got declined from my school of choice. Was pretty upset, but went to another school and got over it. Graduated, started applying to jobs. I got declined from ~130 positions before I finally found a job. It fucking sucked, but I kept looking and found a job I enjoyed. Now I've been working nearly 5 years, and in working I see so many people that have given up, have no aspiration, are stuck in dead end positions. Now I'm applying to get my MBA and have been rejected from my top schools, but I'm going to keep fighting, keep applying. I don't want to be those people I see around me.

It sucks now. It does. But 10 years down the line when you're working, you'll see those same people and know that you're different; you know how to keep your head down and keep on pushing.

youtube.com/watch?v=hHEOguxiUsY

OP here. I didn't think a few replies on a Jow Forums thread could uplift my morale this much. I will make sure to keep all of you guys' advice in mind and apply it as much as possible. You're all right. I need to get my shit straight and just persevere. There will likely be many roadblocks. I'm not even out of highschool, I have a long ways to go.

I love you all, Jow Forumsizens. Wishing all of you the best of luck in whatever you're doing. We will all make it.

Attached: feelsstrongman.jpg (228x221, 9K)

Attached: 75207845.jpg (400x214, 59K)

Fuking children these days with their damned emotions.

You are going to get eaten alive by life itself

I think im going to watch predator again now

Tell me what’s wrong with it? Not the poster btw. I see nothing wrong with doing this while working on a passion in spare time

stay strong and persevere fren, it's the key to making it

pansy

Don't do it man. ChemE is nothing like you think it is. Most chemical engineers are glorified plumbers, lab rats, or you have to endure brutal 12 hr+ shifts

Guys, I chipped a nail.

Am I going to be ok?

College doesnt matter as much as you think unless you want to be like a doctor

ur gonna get aids and die

Unless you are going to fucking Oxford, it doesn't matter at all where you go to college man. It's meaningless. I make 300k a year running an hvac business and I went to fucking UW Stout.

bawwwwwwwwwwwwww

now see that, would be a fucking problem.

college doesnt even matter that much if you wanna be a doctor. have a high GPA and take the correct classes. doesnt matter where the fuck u go. get a good MCAT and refernces and experience

When humans looks back at their life, we omit certain details and assign meaning to others to fit a narrative. The nature of that narrative, that story, is built by your mindset. Am I a tragic figure, wronged by the world over and over again? Am I a struggler, fighting through life's beatdowns in pursuit of my survival? It's human to assign meaning to things. The narrative of your life can be one thing one day, and change the next.
You were building your narrative and your vision for it has been disrupted. Maybe getting into this university was a sort of redemption arc for you, and in that sense, you've failed. But your story is far from over. Even if you concluded that arc in the way you'd like, that arc would eventually become a small piece, a mere early chapter in a greater arc. Maybe this will be your great failure. Maybe your story will be tragic - you couldn't get over failing like this, and your mindset shifts, and one failure turns into a string of failures, and you die, unfulfilled, unaccomplished, a tragic figure. However, it may not be apparent to you but it is apparent to the reader that they're only ~2 chapters into your 8 chapter novel. To go down that route would truly be tragic, and probably pretty boring too.
On the other hand, maybe this is the start of your redemption arc. Maybe this is the hit you need - trees that brush the sky, always have roots that burrow deep into hell, after all.

Good, university is a scam. A college degree is useless in this economy anyway.

coddling the boy wont help

Kek. I’m a senior about to graduate and everyone in my classes that isn’t an autist has a job paying 50-80k lined up. At age 21 more or less. Autists can’t compete.

Rejected from my top choice, decided to save money and go to state school. Currently have a 3.9 and classes are super comfy. Saving a fuckton of money too. We’re all going to make it, it doesn’t matter if you don’t get into your top choice.

It's not the end of the world. Hell, I dropped out of university and got back in a few months later.

I went to my safety school and I was just fine. There are capable professors pretty much everywhere, and if you're willing to put in effort you can easily make up for what the institution lacks in prestige.

OP here. Just got back from the gym, crushed out a pull day. Feeling much fucking better. Sorry, emotions got the best of me. Again, you're all right and you all gave amazing advice. I'm screencapping the thread for my future self.

I got into my dream uni but now I might be kicked out due to skipping classes due to social anxiety and the fact that I am ashamed of procrastinating instead of completing the readings/homework

FUCK. WHAT DO I DO????

Attached: watchmen pagliacci.jpg (895x467, 108K)

Jesus christ the hype that schools put on kids to go to college.

Get a job and take a year off, then start going to a community college that you've made sure is accredited by the university you want to go to.

Transfers are way WAY easier to get, it shows to the university that you're not a total fuckup who'll make them look bad.

This was very nice. Good job man

This is really motivating user.

>just mooch off your parents, work for $7 an hour and buy an overpriced apartment
Why doesn't everyone do this?

As someone considering trying to commission again, this gave me a chuckle.

>just about to graduate with a degree in physics and a degree in electrical engineering
>GPA is 3.1
>want to go to a good school, might even get teacher recommendations
>tons of club participation
>wanna get into a good school for metamaterials, get my PHD in physics
>best schools are MIT, Berkley and Cambridge
>they'd probably still trash me because of GPA

I didn't get accepted into ANY colleges so I went to community college. Now I'm 24 with no money and no job. But at least I have a degree r-right.

They don’t want whites at their school and you won’t enjoy it if you actually get in anyways retard

I feel for you OP. I enrolled in college for a year and performed poorly due to depression. I’m not enrolled currently because I’m barred from receiving financial aid, but I have an apartment so I’m just living here until my lease is up.
There’s nothing you can do but man up and get your shit together.
We’re all going to make it, but no one is going to hold your hand or bail you out on your way there.

PROTIPS PLEASE LEARN FROM MY MASSIVE FUCK UPS.
college name does not fucking matter unless it is IVY.
Do not let your parents pressure you/force you into a certain university.
If you can get into a satellite state campus that is great! do two years cheap than transfer in after the bullshit classes are out of the way.
Work during school.
Do not go out of state unless tuition is comparable, the "experience" is not worth 40k plus.
Also depending on your state consider just going and enlisting in the military.
In Illinois you get free tuition after serving and can save your GI bill for postgrad/children down the line.

PLEASE HEED MY WARNINGS.
I LET MY PARENTS DECIDE EVERYTHING FOR ME AND CODDLE ME TO EXTREMES.
I AM JUST NOW GETTING MY LIFE ON TRACK AT 25.
PLEASE BECOME INDEPENDENT.

>currently in the 2nd quarter at my community college
>don’t give a shit about anything, don’t enjoy it and don’t care enough to try
>think about dropping out everyday
>even vidya isn’t that enjoyable anymore even with new games

Attached: 2D1BEA6C-7602-4B56-BA1D-69FA508FBEA4.gif (416x307, 2.58M)

This is me and I feel bad for you reminding me. Hard times need to make me stronger.
You're not a neet if you have income.

did that guy dab before hanging himself?

This. Get some practical experience in the world. You may realize that what you were set on doing at 18 no longer appeals to you as a twenty-something year old.

Registration is still open for UNISA (University of South Africa.) International students welcome, they have good degree programs and UNISA is really fucking old and respected, super cheap as well.

unisa.ac.za/sites/corporate/default/Register-to-study-through-Unisa

UNISA costs like $1500 a year dude, the money saved from this alone can help you start out after you get your degree.

Mate I was similar, loved chemistry and biology so why not do biochem right?
So glad I switched to Japanese it's been way more fun.

Hey man, I know how you feel. The same thing happened to me. It's gonna be all good bro. Tomorrow is a new day.

Attached: 1544425078899.png (700x467, 236K)

Do the homework and stop skipping your classes retard

Attached: 1509388350691.png (645x729, 90K)

More likely 50k and that’s in a place with a high cost of living. Don’t bullshit me with your optimist cringe shit. I’ve been there and they all lie to seem better.

Send the application in again but this time check black instead of white for ethnicity- not only will you get accepted this time you'll get a full scholarship.

Umn is good school >:(

>'social anxiety'
>procastinates

Yes nigga, let a literal psychiatry meme and laziness ruin your life

Hi user. Mind sharing any tips on how you started getting your life back on track, and elaborate on your story a bit? I'm in a similar spot
>19 y.o.
>junior in a crappy uni studying a major I'm not sure I want to do
>too late to change
>really uncertain about what I want to do in the future

I did well in highschool and went to one of the best unis in my country. I dropped out this year. Was doing a course I wasn't that interested in and the environment was full of posh brats who I just couldn't relate to. Reapplying this year for a subject I'm passionate about at a lesser uni but I think I'm going to be happier there :)

It'll all work out in the end buddy :)

Attached: apuhug.png (689x473, 97K)

>Waaah waaah I'm soooo sad ;( my first world easy life wasnt perfect today I'm going to instantly jerk off and then blog about it for simpathy and pity
Kill yourself you weak faggot nobody gives a fuck about your stupid minimal life issues this isn't a fucking personal blog. I'm so fucking tired of browsing the catalog and seeing nothing but blogs about the most retarded shit and dating advice JUST FUCK OFF.

>south africa
no thanks.
I've been there 2 too many times
The schooling is downright terrible there as well

OP Here. I live in Canada, I’m planning on going to school in States. I have filed for FAFSA recently and I plan on getting in state tuition after the first year in the Uni I get into (I’ll be able to be a resident after this). What is a satellite state campus? My parents are extremely supportive and Very open to all my choices. I love them very much, I have a lot of healthy coping mechanisms and I’m making new friends to continue that. I’m interested in math, chemistry and physics. Thank you so much for your help

Attached: 73553B79-C69F-4281-B1AA-318111513170.jpg (1080x1920, 153K)

>simpathy

Nigga can’t even spell right. Uneducated low IQ NEET

ye

this, plus its a deferral, not an actual decision? chill the fuck out, dude. i went to CC for a couple years, my whole family did, almost all my friends, and people i know all went to CC first before transferring.

>easier classes
>smaller classes
>cheaper
>probably closer to home
>teaches you what to expect from profs vs diving into uni

no fortnite until you get shit straight
a good entry level job or an uni application

plz do it for us all

Attached: file.png (302x354, 131K)