QTDDTOT

Does your body get used to a calorie deficit it you cut for too long?

Attached: 1533774623354.png (232x219, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

muscleandstrengthpyramids.com/1rm-calculator/
roguefitness.com/the-ohio-bar
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I dont have access to a barbell set but I do have a pair of dumbbells with adjustable weight. So a standard barbell is 45 kg and 1pl8 is two 45 kg which is roughly 130 pounds in total. Divide that between a pair of dumbbells that is around 65 pounds each. Is this how much weight I should be using starting out? I heard that dyels go on 1pl8s when they start their bench.

So yesterday was my first day of SS and I'm really fucking sore, should I go tomorrow and squat with lighter weight or rest one more day?

It's normal to be sore, of you feel pain that's another thing, you should be increasing your squat 5lbs tomorrow, if you think you are gonna fail then try to lift they same weight as yesterday, it's way too early to deload, I mean come one man it's just your 1st day

absolutely
i try to switch between cut and bulk in a frame of 4 to 6 weeks but what do i know

DB is way harder than BB, so you'll have to use less weight than you could if you were doing BB.
If you're just starting start light and keep increasing the weight until you can only do the rep range you're trying to do. Build up slowly to avoid snapping

Yeah, I cut to eating 1200 to 1600 with workouts for 2 years, had an ed, starting gaining weight even with eating very little and workouts

Attached: fb3049ffd041476e3898a780f0f5f7be1d2eca8f_hq.jpg (1024x575, 33K)

difficult to estimate
usually you start with the empty bar, if that is too easy you'll up the weight. you should pick a weight where you can make 8 to 12 reps for growth or 3 to 5 reps for becoming stronger
so you would pick a relatively light weight, do was many reps as possible and calculate your 1rm with a 1rm calculator, ie if you made 15 reps with 45lbs total weight that meant a 1rm of 75lbs.
for growth i used a starting weight of around 65%, for strength 82.5%
so it really depends on your level of experience
you can find a calculator here muscleandstrengthpyramids.com/1rm-calculator/

Could I get from 17% to 12% body fat and go 1/2/3/4 by June? Current lifts are 100/185/210/330.

Currently doing 4 by 8 for my primary working sets (squat deadlift press bench). I time my rest to ~2:30minutes. Is this too long, too short, or around right?

Ok well this will come in handy for later. I can comfortably do about 7 reps with a pair of 50-55lb dumbbells so I'll look into this 1rm thing, thanks.

It is not a matter of failing, I'm not sure if I should train while sore or wait untill my legs stop hurting. Wouldn't I injury myself if I push through the pain with an increased load?

Anyone here do Invisalign? I had an appointment to review my course and the dentist said I will need anchors like in pic related. I’m getting a little cold feet now since they look terrible but my course is only 14 trays.

Attached: B9E92556-925F-408E-8F33-B060ACA99F3E.png (439x341, 225K)

I've been thinking about getting a grip trainer to strengthen my forearm when I'm not at the gym, any of you lads know a good one?

Attached: Soy.png (970x767, 992K)

I'm on a tolerance break from pre since I've been using it 3 times a week the past 3 or 4 weeks
However I might need some tomorrow if I don't sleep well
Is this OK just the once?
Also should I bother with mass gainer on a bulk?

Do invisalign, I did it last year and my smile is fucking beautiful. you wont even notice the anchors. Totally worth it

If the pain is so intense that it affects your form then just wait.

>However I might need some tomorrow if I don't sleep well
Just cold turkey it. Making excuses for slight inconveniences like that is a slippery slope.
>Also should I bother with mass gainer on a bulk?
No. Mass gainer is a waste of money. Eat more. You can eat much more calories without all the bullshit in gainer for much less money. Learn to cook user.

My gril did it when she was in hs and it worked really well I guess.

Close enough. When you weight move up from baby weight for the big compounds you will need more time. I take 5 minute rests between my squat work sets.

Probably. Depends on how much the cut hurts you and if you actually milked all your noobie gains yet or not. It varies from person to person. You also didn't post weight so I have no way to objectively measure where you are based on strength standards.

>get used to?
Wtf do you mean by this? If you cut so long that your TDEE goes so low it matches how much you are eating daily then I guess? I have no idea what you mean.

second.

>180lb 18 year old 5’10 male
>Trying to build muscle while maintaining current weight (Or slowly losing fat) for the next year to let loose skin fix itself after 160lb weight loss
>Currently just doing incline bench, decline crunches, body weight squats and pull ups 3 days a week

How many calories should I be eating? I’m currently doing 1700 while getting 130g of protein and carbs

Attached: DD782A06-3D06-4AA5-82D0-A7F4DF114236.jpg (1125x1110, 451K)

2 questions
1) For how long should I fast and how often is it safe to water fast?
2) Can I jack off while I have the flu? Legit question, will the release help or worsen my condition

Attached: 1511506328571.jpg (600x600, 31K)

I have a CoC 0.5 and 1.5 and they helped me get up to a 365 thumbless deadlift. Doing farmer's walks and heavy as fuck barbell shrugs then holding the bar as long as you can helps too. Also work on moving your pull ups from full grip to 4 fingers to 3 fingers, etc.

Should I just recomp as a skinny fat 18 year old? I just learned I've been eating about 1000 calories under my TDEE for god knows how long. I just never felt very hungry.

And what do I fucking do? Starting Strength?

I've had a pulled biceps femoris for 2 months now and it isn't getting much better (it cracks at times, I can't sprint properly and I have some synovial fluid on the front my knee that doesn't allow me to squat to full depth)

any advice on what to do here? should I suck it up and get physio?

Bulk heavy, then cut hard.

Attached: 1518894140568.jpg (1440x640, 319K)

I wank when I have the flu because it helps pass the time in between watching top gear reruns.

How heavy are we talkin' here
I'm still a senior in high school, will my fridge make it?

Depends how much your parents love you

Is it too terrible not tu ise the olympic barbell when performing OH press? There are some fixed weight bars that at my gym that I think wold make the job since the olympic barbells are busy sometimes. Same for the deadlifts, there are some bars with the 52 mm diameter but they are shorter and lighter than the olympic bar, I think I'd just have to compensate the weight adding more plates

don't know if I'll make it, it's all garbage

a plate is 45 lbs, not kgs. And do not listen to e-staters, don't start with a 1pl8, that's already a lot of weight for most people starting out, and dumbells are harder to stabilize anyway (I bench 225, I use the 50 lbs dumbells for 12 reps and they're hard to get a hold of, but that's because I barely used dumbbells before)

it depends on your goals, but you seem to be doing high reps so you might be looking for hypertrophy and it is proven that in order to overload the muscles you have to cut your rest time so doing 30 secs to 1 min might be optimal.

I have just the same problem with grip, I didn't buy grippers though I just looked to strenghten my grip in other ways, like holding the bar for time during my deadlifts and doing everything without straps (rows, chin ups and so on), as well as pronated curls. It is getting better, but nothing too crazy.

mass gainer is dumb imo, unless you are never at home. Just drink high protein milkshakes (oats, peanut butter and cocoa powder, look at the macros of this if you don't believe me)

there are calculators for this, I just got you on calculator.net and it says you should eat 2,700 to maintain.

rather visit the fasting threads, but it seems like people try with 1 day of water fasting and then build up to up to 10, water fasting is arguably not safe, but you rather visit fasting threads, intermittent fasting is much easier and safer though, and you can maintain it as long as you want.
It literally does not matter if you masturbate while you're sick.

bulk then cut if you want to do starting strenght.
cut then bulk then cut again if you want to build discipline for it first, but your results won't be as good as if you bulked or even maintained.

it kinda does since you want to work on your technique if you're a newbie, so you will have to readapt if you keep switching.
Yeah, you might be able to get the same weight in the bar but the mechanics of the lift will change, fuck, sometimes just grabbing a different bar is enough to throw you off.

Of that 180lbs almost none is muscle though so the calculator must be off

I’m only benching 75lbs

the calculator takes that into account, use it yourself and compare a few of them. I'd eat 2,500 just to be sure, count my calories and weight me everyday and see how it goes. I wouldn't get too scared if I went up thought, much easier to build both muscle and strenght that way.

Ive just discovered the left side of my lower back activates more than the right during deadlifts. The left is also bigger than the right side when I compare the two.

I think i may have some mild scoliosis or a shorter leg than the other. I don't think its my form. What do? I don't want to fuck my shit up in the long run.

Ask them to buy certain cheap shit for you to bulk with. A big tube of 80/20 beef, some eggs, rice, shit like that. Non of that will break the bank.

barbell rows helped me with back imbalances, try them.

alternatively use straps if you're using mixed grip so the imbalance doesn't get worse and learn to hook grip.

Yeh, learn to cook at the same time. You could even share with your shit family and maybe make them happy.

Or maybe they'll just give you shit for it and mock you. Who knows

Thanks still gonna do it, my teeth are already pretty straight but crowded and flossing is hard. Did you have those anchors?
Did she have those anchors? I’ve read some accounts of them being bad for making out

timespan for this?

I don't know it was before we met. Can't be worse than braces though, right?

No idea, but if I had to guess 1.5-2 years.

How do you stretch your traps?

I mean, in theory, once you lose a certain amount of mass, your initial caloric deficit becomes your maintenance amount.

i only want to do pull ups dead lifts and bench press. is there a routine for this?

I normally make them focus on stretching their hamstrings. Gotta get that arch. Yoga takes care of the rest.

I've heard good things about the Ohio bar

Is it worth it?

roguefitness.com/the-ohio-bar

Attached: 1541902487413.jpg (640x781, 170K)

not if money is tight. Lotta bars will work just as well, like their boneyard bars...

I usually work a physical job which means I usually have to limit my cardio and bodyweight training to avoid injury and overtraining. I'm going to be transferring to desk work for over a month which means I will be doing next to no physical activity at work. This means I'll have a good few hours every night to train without being tired at all.

I've literally never been to a gym, can run 15km on a good day and have been training mostly resistance for core and upper body. For this one month, how can I maximize my cardio and strength gains? I'm not opposed to joining a gym.

My back hurts after doing decline crunches, and it feels like my hips are putting in most of the work when I do them

What do?

Who else works out their "third" leg on leg day? I'm not talking about beating your meat, but performing stretching and bending exercises to increase girth, length, and erection quality. Any of you have experience with this sort of thing, and if so what were your gains over how long a period of time?

Attached: IMG_4625.jpg (1108x628, 107K)

100% better then any pair of braces, which is basically your only alternative. Make sure you wear and clean them religiously

Why the fuck did I only have a semi erection when my GF was giving me a handy for the first time? I had been rock solid the whole fucking encounter until it started happening. She still wants to see me but probably thinks I'm a dicklet.

Attached: VM8eJ.png (271x267, 63K)

How bad are commercial gyms programs for beginners? I've done SS in the past, I just enrolled myself in this new gym which claims to have professional instructors and they'll make a program based on my needs, they'll make some tests to evaluate my physical condition and plan some workouts according to that, but I don't know if I should follow these programs or stick to SS. In the other hand I feel stupid paying a considerable gym fee which gives me access to instructors and not using them but ripp's youtube video tutorials instead

You were nervous. That's happened to like every guy I know. Don't worry about it

Any way to stop it happening when we actually fug? I figured I'd at least last longer if I was softer but not even that was true, and she takes like 20 minutes to reach the same point.

Stage freight my dude, you'll get over it.

Girls are bad at handjobs. Don’t worry tho you’re probably bad at fingering. It gets better.

This might help you out. I've noticed myself that I've been getting morning wood a lot more often doing the exercises and my quality of erection has improved as well. In addition to that it may have something to do with me quitting smoking so if you're a smoker I would suggest quitting to see if that helps. The exercises I've practiced I found at pegym.com in case you were wondering.

Commercial gym programs are designed to keep the clients coming back as long as possible, rather than getting you the best results.

They'll give you a program that'll get you enough gains to see results, which keeps most normies coming back because it "works", but odds are you'd get just as much gains (if not more) doing a beginner program like SS, SL, or any other comparable program

I'm trying to lose weight (fat). My daily goal is to eat no more than 1500 calories and eat at the very least 110 g of protein daily.
But what if one day I eat like garbage and end up consuming like 1450 calories but only 60 g of protein?
What's the best thing to do? Stop eating for the reminder of the day, or eat a little more good foods to meet my protein goals even if I end up with a calorie surplus of 100 or 200 kcal?
From what I've read, being on a cut and not eating enough protein could lead to a loss of muscle/lean mass

Attached: 1547525940401.jpg (1080x1920, 629K)

It seems that way. I've been cutting for almost a year, weightloss has slowed to a crawl.
I give myself a pass for a few days over christmass and put on 3lb. Not water bullshit, 3 actual pounds that took me 3 weeks to shift again.

Is it best to buy phenibut in capsule or powder form?

How do I grow my forearms? My upper arms have been gaining a lot of muscle but my forearms have stayed almost the same since I started. My arms look like fucking drumsticks

>Wrist Rollers
>Farmer Walks
>Heavy Deadlifts (specifically trying to hold the last rep as long as possible)
>Strict Dead Hang Pullups

There's plenty others I'm sure but that's what I Could come up with off the top of my head. What's important is not so much the exercises you do but rather volume volume volume. You gotta really hammer your forearms to make them grow.

Am I a cuck for fucking with my ex?

I mean, I broke up a few weeks ago, so she went out fucking other dudes to feel better and I really didn't give a shit.

Then she started texting me REALLY dirty stuff, sending nudes etc. and I couldn't resist, went to her house and did everything I wanted to her.

Now that this has passed, she wants me to go there again, but my dick is no longer in control of my mind, and I am left with this question.

Do wrist curls preferably with dumbbells or a barbell can work as well, but dumbbells are preferable. Increasing the size of the grips you use will help as well. Something like gorilla grips may be of use or even one of those grip builders. In the end it's really all about grip and our wrist strength as far as forearms go. I've noticed that combining them into my biceps routine has shown pretty decent results. I would suggest trying reverse curls and see how it works out.

It's really up to you at this point. If you're mind is in control of your dick then you're in a good place to be. Whatever you feel comfortable with imo would be your best option. Do you want to get laid or you just want to chill or do something else? It's all up to you at this point so just enjoy it.

She probably tried other guys but you were better in bed.
But she knows that you wont get back together so shes baiting you in with sex.
Jic, make sure you get evidence of consent ;)

Nice, I think I'll just enjoy the ride and hope I don't catch HIV.

I think so, we dated for several months, so I basically mastered her body. One of the guys she was seeing was a 6'4 "My goal body" normie, while I am a 5'9 DYEL

noob here. dont really feel chest when bench pressing. pretty sure my form is good. what am i doing wrong?

Attached: IMG_3475.jpg (607x608, 129K)

Is there any point in running a PPL template if I can only lift 3 days a week?

Your pecs bring your arms towards the center of your body, not straight up. Try to pretend you're doing a dumbbell fly (without moving your hands on the bar) and it might help with pec activation

Can I add more exercises after finishing sl5x5 lifts or is it redundant/detrimental? (at least for the easy as fuck first month)
If so, how much volume can i add before it becomes redundant?
If I'm capable of lifting 5x a week instead of 3x a week, should I?

Anyone? I'm looking to really maximize time here, ie. take as little rest days as possible without killing my gains.

Will using creatine during a cut impede progress? I know there will be more water weight, but apart from that, will it affect fat loss at all?

Yes to lifting 5x a week. And more volume will be beneficial. I try to do around 12-15 sets per group per day. But it can get muddled with super sets

why the fuck did 3x20 ab wheels hurt my neck
also what are some good stretches for relieving neck pain

If you're only going to lift for 1 month then it might not be worth while. Should make it a permanent addition to your life
No

no
ssgomad

I've been stuck at 155 (bulking) for 2 months because I eat like shit (recovering skelly). I feel like there will be no point in cutting in april/May for that sick summer god. Should I just kill myself?

yes

>Should make it a permanent addition to your life
I don't think that's possible given my normal job, and I don't really wanna pay for a gym I'll use maybe once a week if that.

any of you fags blend oats with your brotein? I just did and it tastes amazing, plus no cooking needed.

Attached: raf,750x1000,075,t,101010_01c5ca27c6.jpg (750x1000, 125K)

Yes. I like tossing some peanut butter in there.

No.

Yep

Thanks anons, what do you guys think; bullet or heroin overdose??

so I'm going to begin starting strength soon but the way my schedule works I need to make a modification to the days I go in. Basically instead of something like mon-wed-fri every week, i'd alternate. tues-thurs-sat then mon-wed-fri. That means instead of 3 sessions before a 2 day break I'd have 6 sessions before a 3 day break. is 3 consecutive days off every two weeks too much?

It should be fine.

Eat different shit you retard. 1500 kcal of unflvored greek yogurt and you have no protein issues.

Anyone know a place I could find keto recipes that aren't just keto versions of existing recipes?
I'm sick of all the breads and pizzas with almond flour and coconut flour and all that bullshit.
I know I'm probably wording this badly but I'm just looking for recipes that are naturally keto and aren't trying to emulate something that isn't. Meat and cheese casseroles, omelettes, vegetable soups, stuff like that.

Attached: hol_up_nigga.jpg (350x400, 40K)

Boys, is my plan retarded?
>120lb skelly, want to bulk up
>Burger chain restaurant next to work
>One patty has 16G of protein, 220 calories
>Get up to three patties on a burger, four if the cashier is cool
>Order burger with no bun, no condiments
>Do this every day
Is this an effective plan for bulking? It would be extremely convenient since I could get an extra meal in at work, and it's a lot of protein. I'm worried though since I'd also be getting over 50 grams of fat with it. Will this fuck my shit up?

Attached: Gaze into the fist of dredd0.jpg (1448x638, 494K)

Sounds fine to me. Just boring as hell.

no, unless you mean your body weight reaching the point where the amount of calories you're cutting at will sustain it. The only exception to this is if you go into literal starvation mode, pro tip, you're not, nor will you get to this point.

Everybody bitches about losing those last 10-15 lbs and it feels like your body has "adapted", when in reality your deficit just isn't as great as it was when you started because you weigh less now so the weight comes off slower.

not optimal, but it genuinely doesn't matter.
Only things that matters is making sure you get enough protein and overall enough calories.

Its called metabolic damage and it does exist but only on extremely large calorie deficits i.e >800 and even then its a factor of about 100-200 calories a day
As long as you aren't eating more than a 500 calorie deficit you shouldn't worry too much

I get a lot of good recipes off this website
https:// www.dietdoctor. com/low-carb/recipes/meals

A gym thot just eyefucked me
Wat do?

Started bulking, gained 5 pounds in the first two weeks but haven't gained any weight since then, but my weight gain wasn't linear in those two weeks, I gained a pound the first week and gained 4 the second

My calories haven't changed at all, I've been eating nearly exactly the same cals, but I haven't gained a pound in 2, almost 3 weeks, should I increase cals or just hold out for a bit to see what happens?

Eyefuck her back.

Are you measuring yourself at the same time every day?
You should measure first thing in the morning before drinking anything for the most accurate reading.
The weight you thought you gained in those weeks was probably due to this.
You should keep going and see if you notice an upward trend and if you don't then increase calories.

I smiled at her