Does anyone else chronically suck in their stomach all their lives?

does anyone else chronically suck in their stomach all their lives?
are there negative effects?
does losing weight break the habit?
i cant even accurately tell how my "default state" looks anymore because "letting go" of my stomach just feels like i am artificially sticking it out

Attached: nasa.webm (360x696, 137K)

same, but i’m pretty sure just about everyone does. for sure most women do

As you lose weight, it gets harder to “let loose” of your belly as you say. Your sucked in belly basically becomes your natural belly once you get skinny and there aren’t risks as long as youre not tucking in too hard.

so am i actually liek this or not i cant fucking tell if im even doing it anymore

I do this too. Its like second nature, now.

this is such a good question user lmao

Sauce me up on this seminal vesical depletor.

thanks

based

Jennalymeowri on insta
Shes got a nice ass and skin but is just every other vapid instathot

It’s called ‘engaging your core’ and it is a good thing.

why?

Explain

Elaborate.

?

[[citation needed]]

Sucking in your stomach uses your ab muscles. It’s good for those to be strong. The high-intensity version of sucking it in is ab vacuums, a classic bodybuilding exercise.

I don't because I'm not a fat fuck. Lose weight faggot.

no

Yeah this is called proper posture you faggot, it means your TVA is working as it should so you don't look like a poor man's Donald Duck

Holy shit. Yeah ive done this my whole life.

>his core isn't always slightly flexed when sitting/standing
I bet you have shit posture too

engaging your core and sucking in your stomach are too different things. Engaging your core usually refers to bracing/tensing your abs (like when you imagine your gonna get punched in stomach and brace yourself). Sucking in your stomach is making your abs constrict in a certain manner so the stomach rolls in on itself.

It could also refer to an exercise where you use your abs in the movement (eg pulldowns use the upper abdominals). Please don't suck in your stomach before doing a squat or anything like that or you could injure yourself.

>too different

No lmao are you guys fat or something?

sucking in your stomach also flexes/engages/stresses the pelvic muscles too. You might develop PremE

Came here to post this.

Its actually a proper posture majority of people have anterior pelviv tilt which causes them to stuck out their stomach. What youre doing is keeping proper posture and thats why you feel like you suck in your stomach.

This

You don't suck in all the way, but in proper posture your core isn't totally relaxed when standing. Its why normies have noticeable bellies aside from being skinnyfat because core isnt engaged

>induced vomiting
>more stomach acid for no apparent reason
this is why you should never listen to brapposter cumguzzling ssvictims

I naturally walk with my core slightly engaged. Enough to the point where it appears flat. Don't notice it until I start thinking about it so it turns to manual, like blinking or breathing. When it's completely relaxed, I look like a Buddha. This is also completely normal, it's almost impossible to have flat stomach when it's relaxed.

I also do this. Even more so now that I noticed how fucked my posture is from sitting all day.

Imagine being the kind of /pol9k/ incel who ‘trolls’ Jow Forums all day every day, desperately trying to convince people not to improve.

>does anyone else chronically suck in their stomach all their lives?
I did, unironically
Learned it when I was a kid doing karate and have been doing it ever since kek

>are there negative effects?
My waist is thin, inverted triangle shaped, like bodybuilder, even though I don't have much abs

>does losing weight break the habit?
Not for me

>actual fake milkies

Attached: 1543680931895.jpg (743x729, 154K)

nice to know lots of people do this lmao

it's basically second nature for me like the other user said

OP here
Glad to know I'm not the only one

I have done this since forever, and it has never been a problem. Hope this helps

if they're fake how can they be actual?

its good. you should keep your core + abs + glutes always activated, same with head posture muscles

based question user, #metoo

oh thank god im not alone

Attached: 1534720320127.jpg (500x555, 89K)

We're all gonna make it fellas

Attached: download-1.jpg (304x166, 11K)

>not doing stomach vacuums to tighten your core

Do you even into bodybuilding? I'm disappointed in you Jow Forums.

Attached: Frank_Zane_01-201x300-1.jpg (201x300, 19K)

What's that?

You should always have some light tension in your abs. When you release that tension and make yourself look "pregnant" that shouldn't be your default. Hard flexing shouldn't be your default either.

I've read from proponents of belly breathing that tensing our abs and chest breathing is something we switch to after a certain age. If you look at babies and young kids they're all letting their bellies do the breathing. I don't know which way is better, or healthier but doing those breathing exercises does help me a lot

I held my stomach in for 10 years straight, like all the time, even sitting down. After 8 months of cutting, I don't need to any more.

Attached: Jennifer_Ellison-Mar2k2-Maxim5.jpg (568x800, 74K)

Nah, engaging your core enough to hold a few pounds of excess fat in does nothing for the muscles. Tensing your core with everything you've got, holding it for 10, resting, then doing it again, is good.

Is this demonstrably true? I can only offer my own anecdotal evidence, but it's in support of this claim. As a kid I definitely did what OP is referencing. I think OP is suggesting doing it out of self consciousness of the profile of your gut, which I vividly remember being the case for me. In my case stopping coincided with lifting, learning how to brace your core under heavy weight, becoming more muscularly developed, and getting leaner.

Now sucking in my gut feels uncomfortable, but flexing my abs feels natural. I'm certainly no longer conscious of my "belly", since even at rest the profile of my belly is just vertical, and a loose fitting shirt just hangs from my pecs. Would be interesting to know if the same thing would have happened without getting fit

Yeah, if you've got a fat belly it's out of self conscious effort. But no matter how much sucking in you do you can't hide a fat gut.
I'm just talking about someone with good core muscles and letting your belly/diaphragm draw in the air. It's like when you let your core loose and look pregnant. Young children breathe like that naturally and it changes with age probably because of self consciousness among other things?
Regardless, it's a good breathing technique that let's you control your abdominal muscles and gets rid of anxiety for me

I did in my teens, haven't done that in years

Oh thank God I wasn't the only one