Why do you lift?

As the titles says, why do you lift?
Why did you start?
What kept you inspired?
Why do you lift now?
For me:
I started because I was unhappy. I was a slob who sat around playing video games and worked a deadend job with no structure in my life
I was kept inspired by seeing hardwork turn into direct change that was visible and measurable, something I lacked most of my life
Now I lift because it's a structure to my life and makes me feel good at the end of the day.
And i'm more attractive now (still ugly overall)

Attached: yea.png (900x886, 698K)

I enjoy putting in work and getting results. I enjoy feeling superior to other people. I enjoy the endorphin release from a long hard workout. I enjoy not hating myself when I look in the mirror. I enjoy the health benefits of exercise, there are too many to list.

I do it for the discipline

Attached: DB28331E-7CBD-43EA-9BC0-C9B15EDB9A8A.jpg (480x480, 44K)

I hope that one day I can finally like myself and accept myself for how I am.

I started because I was doing backyard work and I was unnable to cut a tree, lift a piece of said tree with ease and other tasks so decided to get stronger.

I liked sports but never really got a lot into them as most of them either require me running (which I am ok with doing but find boring doing it for 1+ hour, I might try sprinting at some point in fact) or getting me a concussion in the future (not saying lifting is injury free though, but the risks are less than any martial art, which I did practice before)

because it provides an easy, way to know i am becoming stronger and better.
knowing i am on an upward trajectory in life is meaningful to me. everything else in this world is chaos, but my routine, my diet, my time in the gym provides structure in my psyche. it's something i have control over.
the benefits of physical training also benefits my mind. it teaches me to habitually seek challenges to overcome them. to have patience and trust the process. lifting is at the core of who i am and everything i will become.

I lift until my looks match my standards.

Because I hate everything about myself and can't stand who I am.

I lift so I can become like the chads I so admire

i want a gf xD

I am trying to get my wife to have self respect.

I lift so that others around me see a strong Christian man and may aspire to be like me
I lift to protect those around me from harm and sin in the name of Jesus Christ
and lastly i lift because through lifting I gain the strength to deny temptation, defeat sloth, forget about worldly possessions, avoid fury, be humbled by my weakness, earn the food I will eat, and to not feel like I don't have enough
God Bless

Attached: crusader.jpg (2244x2859, 563K)

I want to feel better about myself

>why do you lift?
health. both of my parents died of cancer and were fat all the time i knew them, eating shit and doing no exercise.

>Why did you start?
thats basicly the same question lol

>What kept you inspired?
Hajime no ippo

>Why do you lift now?
health, again lol

I want to look better.

To beat ((them)) up

Loser anti semite

I have a 7-8/10 face. Any lifting is just a bonus for me, so why not

>Why did you start?
As a distraction to avoid thinking of her
>What kept you inspired?
I hate it, I have no motivation but I keep going
>Why do you lift now?
I don't know

To help me cope with a disc injury and prevent me from suffering new ones so I can live a more pain free lifestyle and stay active. Also acts as a motivation to keep going.

Basically this but with Buddhism for me. Training my body somehow helps me act more virtuous and compassionate, on top of that there are also huge benefits in terms of mindfulness and non-doing/wu wei.

For fun, its a hobby you dont go around asking people why they collect stamps or paint. They do it because they enjoy it.

What kind of maniac collects paint?