Rugby - The most fit sport

Isn't Rugby basically the Jow Forums sport of choice?

Everyone is fucking huge, can go for 80 minutes without stopping, high speed contact sport, no helmets or armor. Some manlets actually rise up.

Pic related 6''3 250 pounds.

Attached: 661px-Duane_Vermeulen_2012_Springboks.jpg (661x991, 196K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7HihjPApzCg
youtube.com/watch?v=qs2RpLq9v_g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Eben Etzebeth. 6''7. 271 pounds. 387+ bench for reps.

Attached: 16316084000005DC-3272058-image-a-49_1444815643009.jpg (634x442, 52K)

>Jow Forums sport of choice
>can go 80 minutes without stopping
pick 1

Uini Atonio, motherfucker is 335 pounds 6''4.

Attached: 1422473792158.jpg (710x400, 49K)

You reckon these guys all roid?

Attached: Pierre-Spies-5.jpg (800x524, 215K)

Lack of pads and helmets makes it safer.

Actually heard some NFL teams hire Rugby tackling coaches because safe tackling is such a big deal in Rugby.

Top tier manlet Faf de Klerk, 5''6

Attached: Faf de Klerk.jpg (634x448, 72K)

it even has the Jow Forums bros like o´connor or haskell

I've been playing rugby for a little over a year and I get floored easily by guys half my size and my tackles are fucking weak.

My big four are higher than most of my teammates what lifts will make me functionally stronger.

6'1 175lbs

Spooky skeleton

Just do some sled pushing and oly shit like cleans, clean & press as well etc. Also put on weight

I would like to get into it, but I'm intimidated by solo going to a local club with very little athletic ability and zero knowledge of rugby

>6'1
>175lbs

what the fuck man, you're 2 inches taller than me and weigh 5lbs less and I'm not even big.

>half your size
>175lbs

???

who are you playing against?
also its probably a mental thing, i have guys on my team (and opponents, but i dont know them that well) that are my size (6´2, 250) that suck in contact.
You have to look forward to the collision as a possibility to prove yourself dominant.
Ofcourse technique is important, if you struggle giving an impact make sure your knees are always in front of your butt

need to put weight on my man.

>tackles are weak
because you need to get low to tackle. tackle in rugby is not about strength. its about technique.

some 15yo will be able to tackle a pro if he goes low enough. literally low low low.

atleast in countries where rugby isnt a mainstream sport they will be more than happy to have you there.
i also think that even in typical rugby countries everyone would be happy to have new guys at the club.
>zero knowledge
then educate yourself a little, get to know the basics and your'e good. you dont have to understand everything you see in a match but it seems lazy and ignorant if you still know nothing about the game after a while

shit tier sport.

Chance of injury is way too high for Jow Forums. If you play rugby, you will lose all your gains.

True. It's hard as fuck to gain muscle while playing rugby and it destroys your shoulders.

your'e probably right, Jow Forums is too pussy for this.
better masturbate to your gains in a mirror than put them to use

BASED SAFFERS

>only 80 minutes
Topkek.
Pro cyclists can only laugh about that, Tour de france often has stages a few hundred kilometers long, the transcontinental race is a few thousand kilometers.

Attached: 800px-Peloton_through_St_Mayeux_12_July_2018_(42464440385).jpg (800x534, 193K)

Cyclists are literal DYELs and every cyclist I've met is a huge faggot (maybe that's why they like having a seat jammed in their anus all day)
Rugby is a redpilled sport but is rapidly dying off

Pro-cyclist =/= MAMIL/freds

what leads you to the believe its dying off?
genuine question

AFL is the best sport. perfect combination of stamina, strength, hand-eye coordination, tactical iq and athletic ability. combination of rugby and basketball.

pic seriously related

Attached: AFL+Rd+14+Port+v+Western+Bulldogs+G-BwToeLnqgl.jpg (396x594, 66K)

Attached: 461359-shaun-hampson.jpg (366x488, 30K)

Attached: 65f494b0e4fe7817cd84d9e727a7ef00.jpg (650x1000, 83K)

don't you have a somali to fellate you fucking melbournite? afl is shit tier and even nrl is better, let alone rugby

just lol at some wog larping as a true blue. AFL is the ideal sport, rugby is top tier though

Attached: Lambing-Flat-Uprising-Against-the-Invading-Chinese.jpg (459x305, 65K)

there was a youtuber video about it actually
youtube.com/watch?v=7HihjPApzCg

soccer is killing cricket and rugby/NRL

although AFL seems stable or growing

no kids are playing those sports anymore, they are all enrolled in soccer or running. another sport that will kill rugby and the like sports, is climbing. after its first appearance in the olympics in 2020 tokyo, it will explode in popularity.

huwhiter than you, onions swilling melbournite

so your statement only fits for australia?

Jow Forums is too pussy for mtb

Attached: 4g6LfWS.jpg (335x500, 67K)

Motocross is the most physically demanding sport.

let me guess pic related is you? i bet you have thousands of lame gopro vids of yourself with which you bore everyone that can be bothered

sure thing buddy

And a dirty scumbag to boot!

Attached: howtodeadlift.gif (350x194, 1.78M)

is this guy

Attached: Chabal01_322x450.jpg (322x450, 30K)

Distinct lack of THE GREATEST RUGBY TEAM IN THE WORLD in this thread

Attached: 1.png (670x424, 640K)

Gaelic football physique is similar. I still think Rugby is the better sport for a physique. Play a game and try to tell me how there's no stamina, hand eye coordination or tactics in it.

Attached: 1.jpg (615x409, 32K)

props rule

no, the guy who throws the other guy is a retired irish prop nemed buckley

>Not playing rugby since you were 5 and barefoot
>never gonna make it

Ayy i played rugby all through highschool and got mad bitches. rugbys fun af

He used to play wing for affies then played 8 after he got jacked so I would say 99% not natty
Also he got bloodclots when the world cup came around which presumably has stricter testing.

Also here in SA kids roid all the time when theyre 15 or older for shit like craven week.

It's just different.
Tackling in rugby = either slam the guy, or grab him and physically drag him down to the ground.
Tackling in american football = slams only.
Mostly because you have much more mass in American with the armour and all. Those guys could blast through a brick wall helmet first.
Rugby you're required to make contact at high speed, but then maintain a hold and use it to force the guy down.
It's just different.

wrong

Attached: turkishwrestling.webm (853x480, 2.43M)

AF players are lighter on average than rugby players if you don't count the players of offensive and defensive lines.
I think most of what is considered tackling is done by those lighter players

rugby is more strongmen-like, while afl is more athlete-like i prefer the latter, but rugby is also extremely based.

>GAA

also great sport.

Attached: 87692.jpg (700x997, 765K)

XC is Jow Forums as well, DH are lazy fucks that don't actualy ride their bikes.

Hurling is a true man's sport

I stopped playing after having had too many concussions in my life. But every time I see people playing it I feel the urge to hop right back in, but I worry about the health of my brain. Six concussions are no joke.

Anyone else here know this feel?

Shit I thought that was Tom cruise for a second lmao

Also rugby’s a lot harder to get at, the average height and weight is 6’2 230 which really dwarfs the average NFL player being 6 foot 200

Attached: BB446A7D-A975-40E5-AC71-8CBD6972F2AA.jpg (400x400, 26K)

Negro,... I am 1,68m (5'6) and I've tackled down guys that were almost 30cm taller than I.

>inb4 manlet
Half scrum here of course.

Attached: 1527003700875.jpg (470x470, 31K)

He did the guy a favor actually.

Fake and gay.

Attached: 20181023_234054.jpg (306x227, 49K)

Biggest faggot sport on the planet

>what lifts will make me functionally stronger.
>6'1 175lbs
In your case, fork lifts.

Ireland are strong af right now, they're going to kill the 6nations

(Finally something I can fucking talk about on this board)

I've always been weak, ectomorph etc. I used to be a really tiny kid.

BUT it's incredibly easy to tackle people. I don't know why people struggle with it. When I was about 59kg I could tackle 90kg people easily. All you have to do is:

1) Get low like you're sumo squatting, with your legs about 80 degrees apart, below a 90 degree angle

2) cheek to cheek - drop the shoulder of the cheek that is closest to the guy you're tackling's butt cheek

3) slam into their legs as hard as you fucking can with like your trap

Even the biggest of fuckers will go down if you do this, but HEAD ON, regardless of how small you are.

The real issue is when there is some massive small guy and you can't get to their legs. Or if the guy steps you, but predicting the guy's step is part of the game after all.

no, but it scares me that this might happen to me too. on the other hand i would be pissed if i died anyway in 5-20 years without enjoying one of the few good things in life

probably, in situations like this i like to try to pin him in the ruck unsuspicually to milk a penalty for not rolling away
but that move is nice, i might try it with a manlet if i get the chance

>rugby players

Attached: 10909573.jpg (196x196, 26K)

>THE GREATEST RUGBY TEAM IN THE WORLD
>2 and 28 against New Zealand

LMAO I was like LMAO

R U Grill?

Thing is I'm trying to commission in the military. If they caught wind of my head injuries I'd be denied in a blink of an eye.

>want to play rugby
>auschwitz tier at 6' and 145 lbs
will I die?

Im not trying to talk you back into it braindamage is a serious thing

When you say "huge" you mean fat? It's literally a sport for skinnyfats.

one of the best players i know was 40 yo and auschwitz mode, but he was an insanely gifted flyhalf, who wasnt caught with ball in hand too often.
i'd say go for it, you wont die and if your'e young you probably get a little bigger by time

but

>players as pictured above are skinnyfat
Your'e literally a faggot

See for how to tackle.

It's not as scary as it looks mate. You only get absolutely clobbered once or twice a match. And then you get used to it you're like 'oh right I was just clobbered and I'm not dead'.

The feeling you get with a clean tackle, or catching the ball when it's 30ft up, or making a break...

It's addictive man aha. Just start eating in a calorie surplus, hit the gym, in 6 months you can put on 20 - 30 pounds.

For the record I'm either 5,11 or 6,0, 138lbs currently (might be 140 now though), and am planning on playing as a back.

Also if you're a real pussy just play back or wing, because you generally go up against lads of a similar build to you. It's nothing to be scared of!

How was he an 'insanely gifted flyhalf'? How did you meet him as well?

I'm not taking the piss just wondering.

this is legal.
based

Fair, I misread that. Enjoy it while you can, man. There comes a point when injuries aren't worth it anymore. It sucks even more though when you haven't even graduated from uni.

>some Manlets rise up
Surely talking about David Succcock
>5’9 when will they learn

Attached: D4EB7857-9BBC-4B79-9535-5B0FAF87A2B3.jpg (452x678, 23K)

for example his movements and passes where incredible hard to anticipate for the opponent yet it all seemed natural and easy to "read" from behind (e.g. for teammates). He always made me hit a soft shoulder even when its crowded.

all this without planned backs move (im a forward) just with nonverbal understanding.

when i think about it i even had the pleasure with two guys that fit that discription

youre in uni and looking to get into the military?
care to elaborate?

I had to give up in my peak because I’d had so many concussions it started to happen with every other head clash.

Wasn’t able to play my 18s div 1 final because of concussion - we won
wasn’t in the team photo at the end of season because I didn’t play the final even though I’d played through the season

Crushed my spirit and wasn’t allowed to play the year after because of my concussion tendencies

The girls swoon for thicc rugby lads

You need a degree to commission in the US, though after research I found out that if I want to get the job I want its better to enlist.
Holy shit that's fucking depressing. You could always coach if you love it that much. What are you doing now?

just any degree to become an officer? Isnt the us military taking recruits fresh after highschool?

I played it for 5 years, rugby players are overall very nice and supportive. Only in the first teams theyll get angry when you miss a tackle. Just try it out its amazing. (The key is to stay as low as possible)

How to do a rugby workout with home equipments?

There's a difference between enlisting in commissioning. And I would have enlisted straight out of high school, but my parents already had paid for my uni back in the late 90s through a program my state has. I'm enlisting now for job experience and because there's nothing else that catches my interest.
This. They'll teach you how to play and work out, and they're also good dudes to drink with.

youtube.com/watch?v=qs2RpLq9v_g

I clocked 12kms when I played once wearing a tracker and I'm 190cm and 105kg

Any Argie rugby bros on Jow Forums?
Jockey Club Rosario here

Attached: 18-10-2015_tlam_18102015_cardiff_galeslos_pumas.jpg (1200x800, 134K)

Based and redpilled

Aussies have AFL and rugger

Irish have GAA and rugger

Everywhere else has... s*ccer????

Attached: 258E19F0-1CF2-40DA-B96B-152355C66639.jpg (600x679, 75K)

New Zealand are undisputed OP niggas of rugby. Get btfo Aussies

NZ????

more like EZ

Attached: 01C9F6EB-6B9E-4607-B50E-ACD524D9AF83.jpg (480x480, 32K)

>rugby
>players have 25%+ BF
>most Jow Forums sport

While I like rugby, it’s not the most fit sport, the players are strong but not aesthetic at all

Gymnastics is the most Jow Forums sport, even though they’re all manlets

Attached: FA21AC5A-010F-432F-B121-07FD07726562.jpg (381x594, 34K)

Just posting our Lord and savior real quick, don't mind me

Attached: Alun_3043885.jpg (768x576, 117K)

football/soccer is really really boring
rugby is much more dynamic

But which rugby?
Rugby Union
vs
Rugby League
vs
Rugby sevens?

Union.

Attached: Nemani-Nadolo-Fiji-Australia-1024x767.jpg (1024x767, 149K)

get a ball practice throwing and catching that oblong fucker
and also run a lot, you'll need the stamina a push sled is also a good tool