/fitlit/

What are you reading Jow Forums? You exercise your brain too right?

Attached: UYtydKE.gif (750x525, 63K)

Mein Kampf

The shipwrecked mind On political reaction by mark lilla

48 laws of power.
> audio book at gym master race

Attached: 1540175230216.jpg (415x604, 50K)

>what are you reading?
>audiobook

Edgar Allan Poe

Attached: 83DB01BD-9FAE-4A2C-8A22-FF25B8466D36.jpg (230x300, 17K)

>not reading books and listening to audio books at gym
>are you even trying

DUNE

Attached: 1539617414528.jpg (1600x1011, 294K)

victor pelevin buddhas little finger, tho i wish i knew russian so i could read it in russian

band of brothers

Does learning a language count?

Electrozrcnoligy since the 101 course a couple semesters back was shit and I learned nothing yet I passed. Need the knowledge now. Also some other engineer shit.

>books

Attached: flat,800x800,075,f.u2.jpg (644x800, 71K)

Principles by Ray Dalio

reddit general

Hunger by Knut Hamsun. I'm not really /fitlit/ though, but I aim to be, and reading more was one of my goals for 2019. I go a bunch of short books in my Kindle and each day I'm trying to read one "page" (on the kindle, which is probably 1/3 of an actual book page) more than the previous day.

Also, does /fitlit/ have a good method for 1. following the news and 2. learning a new language? I want to do both but going news website after news website feels weirdly outdated, and I don't really know how to go about leaning a third language since I learned english by being a teenager shut-in consuming massive amounts of american culture, something I can't really do anymore.

Attached: 4437964112_b114fa90b6_b.jpg (722x1024, 162K)

Started reading some stuff by Isaac Asimov. So far I'm not too convinced though.

Just picked up Meditations

Pelevin, really? Why are you bothering with this faux philosophy, especially one so rooted in the russian mindset and culture that you will never be able to appreciate it, unless you grew up there?

Jow Forumscringepics/top/all

Check out Moscow-Petushki, you might like it if you enjoy Pelevin. It's the alcohol version to Pelevin's LSD.

Same, just started it the other day.
So much information right off the bat, though, it's so fucking confusing.

Hopefully it'll all make sense down the road.

Chekhov

Just finished The Old Man and the Sea.
I hadn't read it since highschool and holy shit there's so much to unpack in such a short book.
2 best quotes:
>"But a man is not made for defeat," he said. "A man can be destroyed, but not defeated."
then on the next page, he's thinking of all the items he wished he had and advises himself to bring certain things next time...
>"You give me much good counsel," he said aloud. "I'm tired of it."
kek

Just started this last night. It's a fedora made of words.
I'll keep reading to see if it gets better, but I expect Robert Greene to have a section on which mall store you should get your katana from.

also
>audiobook
>making it
pick one

BASED
A
S
E
D

also based

Foundation is genius. Don't forget the time it was written in. You might like it better if you study the fall of the Roman Empire. Foundation is meant to parallel that, but set in space.

another word-fedora, but it's actually pretty good. It's crazy to get to read an emperor's personal journal to himself from almost 2 thousand years ago. goosebumps

Attached: 1414566795679.jpg (900x1800, 648K)

It's really good.

The latest issue of Nature, since it came in the mail yesterday.

im going to the library today to pick up "the abolition of man", my mom recommended i read it. Is she trying to tell me something?

Abstract algebra
I'm not a mathematician or anything like that or even enrolled for it, but I just like doing this shit

Nice. Prolly my favourite book.

reading marcus aurelius and suntzu meme books first, then i can move onto runaway horses. ye im litnoob

killing commentadore
haruki murakami

ah i mostly came across it because for one i am trying to learn russian (and no language comes full without the mindset associated with it) , and also because i had recently read a book on buddhism so the two kind of fell together

i'll check it out, thanks!

also speaking of russian mindset, i am latvian so maybe i have a foot in the water

Herodotus' Histories.
amazing tour de force of history literature, the depths of his knowledge over the vastity of asia, africa and greece

based and green pilled im reading the kybalion right now

storm of steel by ernst junger

Just finished Confessions by St. Augustine
Need a book recommendation, preferably on military (Canadian) or Catholicism. Preferably both.
Audio book master race, can run and lift while listening.

I don't read. I just draw brah.

>inb4 brainlet

Based. I'm reading wind-up bird

Vonnegut

Sun and Steel

Took me forever to find a physical copy.

How is running with audiobooks anyway?

The last of the mohicans

Eh, close enough.

american psycho. are easton ellis' other works any good? im really enjoying this one.

About 48 laws of power: yea it's pretty edgy. But there are some cool historical stories tho. Reading The Prince is shorter and better.

Finished The Stranger last weekend. First book in a long while as I've been meaning to get into reading for a while. Steppenwolf Is next and maybe Walden afterwards

It will don't worry. I remember when I started reading it and had to read the first 15 a couple of times to get what was going on.

Attached: 1547494044278.png (525x497, 13K)

HMS Surprise by Patrick O'Brian (Master and Commander book 3).
Just fun historical maritime reads with good nonpozzed characters doing awesome things

I paid for a lumosity and elevate yearly thing. I do elevate in the morning before work/gym and lumosity after.

Soon done with The mysterious Island by Jules Verne, really recommending it.

I just finished "Les corps francs du Baltikum" by Dominique Venner. It's about the freikorps in Germany after WWI. True story of men who tried to make Germany a better place after the war. Read it if you want to know what men with true convictions and massive balls look like

>tfw I do both

Reading helps a bit with inspiration. I'm reading a huge compilation of short stories by Lovecraft at present, and it's fun thinking about weird creatures to draw.

The Bible

Attached: 050A73C3-810F-444C-B789-EA2A7F9B02BB.jpg (1000x1028, 141K)

Currently "Sapiens", I have gotten 55 pages in and man do I wanna live like they did before the agricultural revolution.. Less work, extremely balanced diet, constant motion and different things happening every day.
>inb4 "b-b-but injuries! medicine! sickness!"
Say that to someone who got hit by a random drunk driver.

Just finished reading the first 2 books in the Warrior of Rome book series and definitely gonna buy the rest of them and keep reading, I fucking adore both the style of the books, the characters, and the story itself. All so good.

Attached: 47197957_2242888609292464_1130735859629293568_o.jpg (1400x1344, 216K)

The Sun also rises by Hemmingway, seven chapters in and it’s pretty meh. Also reading SPQR by Mary Beard which is really interesting.

Hello /ic/

It's a great book

Dang bro that's my favorite book, sorry you aren't enjoying it

Growth of the soil is really good aswell, makes me wanna live alone in the forest

Any good? Was thinking of getting it

Currently starting the first few chapters of "The Night Parade" by Ronald Malfi. It's basically just some cheapo horror rag I saw a few copies of at the bookstore. Grabbed two so my sister could have one for Christmas and once she gets done with the book she's been working on for a few months we're going to start reading a few chapters and then calling each other to see what we thought of it.

Beyond that, just a few anthropology texts

Right now I read 12 rules for life Jordan B Peterson , (forgot this authors name )Disciplines For godly young man and the sea wolf jack london

Praise God

I thought Less than Zero was pretty good.

Almost done with House of Leaves, never read a postmodern novel before and it's pretty good though not life-changing or anything. After that I'll be finishing up a small collection of Persian Folktales and gonna start reading Idi di Marzo for language practice, it's an Italian novel based on Caesar and Brutus.

Long live /fitlit/

Crime and Punishment atm

"Nausea" by Jean-Paul Sartre during my free time at work, "Fear and Trembling" by Soren Kirkegaard during commutes, and just started "Catcher in the Rye" JD Salinger.

Catcher in the Rye is a meme book, but it's a big deal for a reason. You'll enjoy it

anything Sartre is based and exestentialpilled

Currently reading this which has been very informative. Glad to see others are going for physical AND occult gainz

Attached: schizo.jpg (312x500, 56K)

Aeneid.

How about St. Athanasius "on the incarnation". It about how degenerates pollute and corrupt.

>tfw I act exactly like holden Caulfield, down to the persistent alienation and feeling of phones around me with the compulsive lying

is this a personality disorder?

No, you're just edgy and pretentious

ok thanks

how do I stop being edgy and pretentious

idk man, yeah shit sucks and we probably all feel like Holden a lot but that's a lazy worldview to get trapped in. It seems like being creative and finding humor in everything are the best tools to survive this Kali Yuga

summae theoligica by aquinas or pascal's pensées are great

existentialist fucking shit

kike book for kike schnook

Genghis Khan and the Making of the Modern World

Really interesting book, very well written. I'm surprised by just how misplaced my initial idea of Genghis Khan was. He wasn't some barbaric asshole; he was an amazing fighter, and shared the skills and ideas he learned with everyone he conquered

Highly recommend it

Ignorant piece of filth who is ultimately satisfied remaining in ignorance. Go practice your flips when you swan dive into traffic.

Just started Kant’s Metaphysics of Morals, kind of dry but I think I got a good translation at least. I’m thinking of starting Mishima soon, beginning with The Sailor Who Fell from Grace with the Sea

death of democracy. it's about how the weimar republic fell.

Attached: IMG_1415.jpg (2048x1434, 217K)

God is not Great by Christopher Hitchens

Attached: 61F4hCDEoiL.jpg (600x1009, 78K)

I literally haven't read a book in over a decade. Somebody should come up with a service like netflix that lets you rent unlimited books for a monthly fee, without having to purchase them all since they're so expensive

>2019, THIRD WEEK, PROGRESS
>YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO
>ROLL

Attached: 100_novellas.jpg (2955x2308, 2.92M)

don't hate the players hate the game son

Just finished Terminal Man by Crichton, and A Brave New World BY Huxley. Reading The Holographic Universe by Talbot and Friday by Heinlen now.

you just described existentialism fucking kek

crichton short storys are goat

The Terror and Gates of Fire, the former at night cuz it's awesome, and the latter during breaks at work because I'm an asocial autist.

I'm experimenting with audiobooks while I drive but I usually end up just compelled to buy a physical copy.

>novellas
scared of thicc books?

no :D :D

Attached: thigg.jpg (650x608, 89K)

Same, I read one law every morning, shit's comfy
I'm also reading the Old Testament, but not enjoying very much desu

brothers karamazov

Libraries are free my guy

h-have you never heard of a library user?

Attached: 1316487091264.jpg (200x200, 8K)

Its plebbit tier but I just started American Gods.

Just started reading the Holy Bible, beginning with the New Testament