Vegetarian general

just a quick little thread, since I’ve never seen one on Jow Forums. Theirs always vegan generals but doing a vegan diet will only leave you weak and malnourished. However after going vegetarian for a solid month I feel 100x better. Putting on weight while staying lean is so easy I don’t know why I didn’t try this sooner. Now I am a bit of a softy when it comes to animals but I’m not going to argue from a moral stand point because that’s entirley pointless because a lot of people don’t share the same morals. I will argue from a dietary stand point tho.

There’s a reason dairy cows produce 3-5 gallons of milk a day, there’s a reason chickens lay eggs every day, there’s a reason beans grow faster than 90% percent of plants, there’s a reason nuts can give us so much protein with so little servings

Fruits, honey, vegetables give us all the natural sugars we could want

Eggs, milk, beans and nuts give us all the protein we could ever need

And wheat gives us all the fiber our body requires

Couple this diet change with drinking regular water and youll look great. If you guys have the means I highly recommend trying it you won’t regret it

Also Clint walker will be our vegetarian foreman

Attached: E59BC578-3292-4A4E-B743-BEBDE4CF55D6.jpg (676x720, 94K)

got no problem with vegetarian foods, but to make them taste good it needs a shitton of mealprep time i don't have. also, almost all canned veggies contain sugar and some fucked up preservatives.
>tldr: would try, but not worth the hassle

What do you mean meal prep? I’m not advising for tofu that shits nasty as hell lmao. But lemme tell you some of my favorite things to eat

Peanut butter honey sandwich on whole wheat, homemade fruit parfaits, and a bowl of yogurt honey and peanut butter eaten with either a spoon or apple wedges

Also for bulking nearly every strength program advocates for a gallon of milk a day it’s way easier than scarfing down lbs of meat

Vegetarians always look fucking grey and dying fuck off

Vegetarian here since 1 year

I don't know if what you're telling is 100% accurate for all of us.

I'm having trouble finding proteins from a vegetarian diet, also I feel the progress is really slow compared to an omnivore diet. I'm considering supplementing powders but I also know that I have to be patient. (I started going to the gym 3 months ago)

Any recommendation on diets for Max protein with accurate nutritional facts? I'm feeling bummed out for this :/

Attached: BloodForTheBloodhehe.png (1146x605, 716K)

by meal prep I mean
>peeling
>cutting
>steaming
while with chicken breasts, I just buy pre-cut up ones, toss them into a pan, season, done. Yeah, I eat yoghurt and PB, but they are like breakfast or snacks, but not a fucking whole-meal, man.

>there’s a reason chickens lay eggs every day

Because we've selectively bred chickens for thousands of years to get the ones that constantly lay eggs?

Glycemic load. Calculate it.
3 meals. Max 33 per meal. 100 overall. Eat low gi foods.

Also use cronometer to get 100% daily.

SHHHH!!! it was god all along

Attached: 1518365712117.jpg (365x346, 12K)

Plant based diet, maybe fish couple times a month, is superior, but it takes much more to learn that just eating plants.

I stopped eating meat in July and it's been much easier than I thought. I'm now thinking about following the Orthodox christian fasts too so I would have to be a vegan for about half of the year. As a vegetarian getting enough protein is quite easy but as a vegan it could get hard without any powders. Any recommended protein sources other than s.o.y?

Attached: 1525414746982.png (600x600, 82K)

beans, pineapple

The problem with vegetarian diets is that you eat a ton of dairy.
Dairy has been proven to prevent your body from proper absoption of iron.
You will feel weaker my dude.

Wheat is bad for you (at least the genetically modified mass produced version that is so popular now a days is) even the "healthy" whole wheat food. I'd recommend giving pic related a read. If you are dead set on vegan/vegetarian you can get your fiber from veggies (although you need A LOT of veggies) or flax seed. Flax seed is great if your doing the low carb thing too its mostly fat, and protein. Any carbs in it is fiber. I mix it with my whey protein every day.

Attached: wheat belly.jpg (1692x2560, 405K)

>Dairy has been proven to prevent your body from proper absoption of iron.

Link?

Vegetarianism aka High IQ dietary centralism

Those are really preferences my guy, you can eat them all raw ya know

Same thing with the cows, but we as humans have made it to were animals are fitting our needs. As we’ve gotten bigger and taller we’ve made it that animals produced more and more

Wut

Gardein, Morningstar, brand meat replacements have a fuckload of protein

What progress are you going for? Bulking or cutting? Strength or aesthetic