Are six pack abs even real?

this is my fourth year trying to cut as much as I can to get visible abs, but I never come close even through I have tried every meme diet there is. Before going ahead one final year, are they real or i'm stuck chasing the unicorn?
Pic is me at my best but a little leaner

Attached: ripped.jpg (300x300, 16K)

Based bad insertions poster

You could lose more body fat. Do you train abs?

you look like you dont have much muscle to cut to in the first place

Genetics bruh. You dont have it for good abs. I would bulk if i were you and get big as fuck if i couldnt have abs

You need more muscles , grow and then cut , also train your abs

Then why are there super skinny dudes with almost no muscle and they still have visible 6 packs?

Its genetics.

Heavy weighted planks on a daily basis
Your bf is low but your abs aren't developed

Work out your abs. Hanging leg raises and such. But yeah 6 packs are elusive unless you got the genes for it. A 4 pack is achiavable tho.

Let me guess you fell for the "don't train abs" meme

Attached: 1545310881533.jpg (1920x720, 175K)

You look good for me, user
Keep going!

>I've tried every meme diet
>Why isn't it working?

Kangaete sassimashitandesu.

doesn't change the fact that you're basically a skinnyfat lanklet

go gain some actual weight

my lower ribs stick out like that too..
do we have deformed rib cage? just not enough internal abs / obliques? What do?

> Go to Youtube
> Find a 10-min-ab-workout video
> Do that shit everyday for three months
> Post results

I am similar OP. It's bullshit. All these faggots with easy 6-pack abs are so proud of themselves. They didn't even have to do anything for them. It was all genetics.

I trained and specifically for six months and I’m just starting to get something of a pack. Just takes time and direct work.

Attached: DE996BAC-5326-412E-880A-35C808332542.jpg (1759x2046, 485K)

I'm in the same boat OP. I'm tired of cutting to get them, it feels like I'm chasing something that i'll never get. I'm 6'2 166 and can still only see a 2 pack

same here, sometimes i can see upper abs, but love handles/muffin top wont go

t. blaha

OP looks good

Some people do not have proper abs. Look up at the Rock. No abs and no abdomen definition at all eventho very lean. Same goes with the very GOAT himself - Arnold. He had abs , but they are really bad

thats goal bod and bf

btw, don't listen to any of the dicks in this thread. they are likely fat as fuck or dyel. you look good.

i was the same, started training them about 4 times a week while bulking for some months then when i finally get results i make it just 2 times a week and after cutting i finally have decent abs

>t. Based skinny dyel with abs

Girls mire my body even tho I have barely any muscle on my body, its cos I store all my body fat on my legs

Sorry brah, you just need to cut harder

Attached: Screenshot_20190116-210009.png (720x1440, 1.11M)

Got before and after pics?

You have to do ab exercises bruh

Compounds are not enough for abs, you fucking subhuman.

> t. auschwitz mode

Will I be able to build abs while cutting if they were previously relatively untrained? (didn't do much direct ab work before)

Yes but only to a point.

Surprisingly 160lb and 5'10
Just don't store fat on upper body

Because they are 6% while you are 16%

Then why do all these autists on Jow Forums with abs claim compounds are enough.

Because their compounds are heavier than yours and therefore work the abs more.

First week on Jow Forums?

body recomp is real but gets harder to do the leaner you are - I have been gaining muscle mass while losing body fat but then again I'm at just under 20 % bf right now.

Okay, so, in other words, compounds are enough for abs.

because it's a meme u dip. i fell for it for my first 1.5 yrs of lifting and i still looked like shit. started it at 2yrs and now i have decent abs

No.

yeah, I was an idiot to believe squats and deads are enough ab work. what fucking bullshit. never listen to Jow Forums

You need actual stomach muscles first. Try making a harder routine where you get all muscles involved. I work stomach only about 20 minutes 3-4 times a week and thats only barely enough to have a six pack when I cut

Not for you. When you squat four plates you do, direct ab work, you will not

1. You need to cut more, way too fat for abs to show.
2. You need to specifically target abs in your exercises.

fuck i am afraid not, later i could post a pic of me nowadays but not a before since i was a skinnyfat fuck and i deleted every pic of it once i started lifting

i really reccomend crunches despite people saying it fucks up your spine and all that, cable crunches specially

Hhnnnggggggg
user please say you're not 5ft4. I wanna know if this is attainable for a lanklet like me...

Come ream my ass user it’d do wonders for your core

Attached: B3E8EC3D-742F-41BE-8607-B5805B5B130E.jpg (601x353, 66K)

Ha 5’4? Please that’s laughable. I’m a solid 5’6.5. Not even king of the manlets

Best direct ab work? Weighted planks? what about hanging knee raises

The only spots i seem to store fat are directly on my abs and the back of my waist. I want a flat gut so badly.

Been training at increasing intensity since october and gone from 22% bodyfat to 19%. By next October I might have them

Front squats, hanging leg raises, and ab wheels seem to do the most for me.

Weighted decline crunches

This. I'm at 45 sec with two pl8s on my back and my abs are starting to pop despite bf% staying roughly the same. Also weighted side planks are starting to give me an adonis belt.

nah front squats don't do it. I've been safety bar squatting (pretty much front squats) since my shoulder surgery last february and my abs are still lacking

how often should I train abs on a cut?

Use dumbbells or kettlebells. Your abs need to stabilize the weight that way. Blows them up. Nothing makes my abs more sore.

It’s because you don’t have enough muscle around that part of the fucking rib

I'm fatter than u and I can see my abs.

Idk... sucks to b u I guess LOL

alright i'll give that a shot, thanks

I'm a little fat (still cutting) and have visible abs and visible v thing on pelvic area. Its genetics brah

Im sorry to tell you but sometimes, which might or might not be your case, sometimes abs arent just prominent or "visible". Also, lighting and correct flexing might hinder your ab visibility.

Pic related, Boyer Coe, an 80s bodybuilder who had really underwhelming abs.

Attached: Boyer_Coe_97[1].jpg (468x500, 26K)

God. Please don't let me have such shitty abs when I cut to a low bf.

Tried this to see if being pale maybe doesn't help.
I've got really high rectus abdominus insert. Will stretching or anything help?

Attached: img.jpg (1582x976, 365K)

sorry its genetics

i dont even train abs, all i do is power cleans and overhead presses, maybe some curls

yet im shreded like a knife year all around while eating as much as i want smoking and getting drunk

Attached: 20181222_172428.jpg (4128x3096, 2.94M)

No, stetching is not the problem, body fat, mass and insertions are the problem.

So many Jow Forums fags wear jewelry. The need to accessorize like a woman is baffling.
>Ooooo pretty, shiny earth. Let me dangle that from my body!

how about it ? im from a background where jewelry is pretty popular among people and pretty common to wear

So you just wear it because other people do? You don't consider why you do things, and make up your own mind whether it is worth doing or not?

yes any prob with it ?

You probably still have like a centimeter thick layer of fat on your abs.
And the reason for this is that their fat distribution is weird/they actually have a big and strong core for some reason.

NPC Cringe.

what

Apparently fasted HIIT is the best thing for the stubborn last few percent

So do the ab machines at planet fitness work well for abs? I do deadlifts at another gym but I don't think those are enough. Apparently crunches and situps are useless according to this board.

Don't ever post this image on my fucking board ever again

Do hanging leg raises.

Here you go losers. Pick the funnest ones you want to do and enjoy your abs later

Attached: Abs workouts.jpg (930x1316, 199K)

How the fuck do you train 4 years and look this shit? And you're not even low on bodyfat

What the fucking meme is this (("info"))graphic?

Crunches and sit-ups and related variations are shit-tier.

Aaaaahahahaha
>girls mire brahhhahahaha

put a bath mat on the floor you fucknut there's water everywhere

wat

1: train abs with weights to get those blocky abs that show better
2: do tummy vacuums
3: get leaner, looks like you carry more fat around your middle even though you are very lean elsewhere

Post pics wearing programming socks

Your chest is gross, is it from steroids abuse

What's better? Plank or normal sit-ups?

Still impressive mate. Nice job

What was your direct work bro?

everything in column two works you hip flexors not your lower abs. And don't give me that shit that you can feel it in your lower abs. You are mistaking the feeling in your hip flexors for you lower abs.

Most of the time people work the hip flexors doing those exercises, sure. Some of those exercises can absolutely work the lower abdominals though, especially if you are correctly holding a hollow position.

>i dont even train abs
lol we can tell homie you just are on good lighting and have the faintest bit of definition

I almost made it last Summer OP, keep at it.

Attached: progress.jpg (1085x415, 90K)

Work abs each and every day it's the only way work for hypertrophy