QTDDTOT

previous QTDDTOT

Attached: QTDDTOT.png (800x600, 239K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JBHzXF-mVjY?t=48
outalpha.com/the-out-alpha-novice-program/
t-nation.com/training/tip-train-with-arnolds-golden-six
startingstrength.com/resources/forum/programming/19799-power-people-programming-summary.html
examine.com/supplements/zinc/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

My groin hurts when I squat heavy. Is it related that I dont feel my ass working when I squat?

Is it a good idea to go 1000 calories below your TDEE if you're trying to cut, or just stick to -500?

Try and check your form bro. My ass and quads are the only thing that hurt and burn when squatting.

I did back and bi yesterday, and for some reason my delts were hurting like hell today, so much i couldnt even finish my workout.
I did, lat pulldown, cable row pulldown, dummbell rows and straight arm pulldown. I doubt bicep exercises fatigued my delts.

is it advisable to lower the intensity (for example from 90% of 1 RM to 70%) in order to be able to lift every day and increase total volume? the idea is to apply the greasing the groove concept for a full body program.

Is it normal my legs are sphaghetti when I pendlay row?

Could be. Depending on how you're keeping your lower back, glutes, and how you're activating your quads, it could result in tension downunder. I find my hamstrings absolutely fuck me in that regard.
Might be a bit memey, but try some lower back stretching, really stretch out your hams and quads. Obviously I'm assuming you are talking post-workout feeling.
During squats, I get the same thing, but I think, again, it's related to not being very limber over all.

I lift at a local YMCA and it's normally really chill but I'm trying to do more rows but they are loud af and I have no plates/mats to help deal with the noise. Any suggestions ?

tl;dr - Rowing is too damn loud for my boomer gym. Should I just do it anyways ?

Attached: 3a2e0-500_lb_Row.jpg (350x274, 31K)

is what I'm doing retarded or is this okay? I am doing a PPL split and whenever a lift is lagging behind (right now bench) I add it to my leg day so that ultimately I do that lift every other day instead of waiting for my push day again.

Attached: 1538779395351.jpg (925x860, 119K)

Can someone explain the Resistance vs Strength vs Explosiveness issue?

sounds good to me.

Any good programs for just dumbbells? Don’t have access to barbell right now because of money

Just buy a pull up bar.

it's their fault if they don't have the bouncy plates or mats right? also if you're not a pussy you would just do it until a staff member specifically told you to stop.

How do you escape skinny fat?

Any tips beyond "read the sticky?"

read the STICKY

Attached: 1543824982893.jpg (480x480, 25K)

Redpill me on weightlifting shoes. Are they worth the investment if you're doing squats 3x a week? Also do they only work for squats or can you use them for other exercises too?

Attached: 1541737352274.jpg (428x343, 20K)

Are shitty workouts a thing?

Today I feel I did everything wrong, didnt lift heavy, my form was shitty, some exercises made my muscles hurt in a way they arent supposed to hurt.

Does the body's underlying musculoskeletal and central nervous system require a base built up from months/years of training, to be able to handle significant volume? Is this why so many people start, burn themselves out and quit?

i've had a large sac above my left testicle that comes and goes with gravity, i can literally squeeze it back into my body or it could fill up to be the size of a lacrosse ball, i never seen any doctor for it, does anyone have any idea what it is and if i were to see a doctor should i get a physical and ask about it or call a urologist straight away?

i go through phases of being really concerned about it but it's really just way to embarrassing for me to tell anyone about but the recent furious pete event has me reconsidering

Attached: 1339074554296.jpg (502x460, 37K)

dude who cares if it's embarrassing, see a doctor before you get penis cancer.

i care honestly... it's also something i've had for like at least 3 years so that will make it even more awkward

Attached: 1517440383109.jpg (550x506, 53K)

i have a dent in my sternum from a football injury as a kid. like my sternum was broken in half right down the middle vertically and its fused together imperfectly. its nothing crazy, you wouldnt be able to see it well in a photo, but one side of my ribcage sits higher than the other a little bit, probably a half inch.
could this injury have something to do with my weak bench as compared to the rest of my lifts?

How do I not get cheated on

How do you deal with the insane hunger from going on a kcal deficit over time? I can usually manage about 5-7 days on about 300-500 kcal deficit before I start noticing weaker results on my lifts as well as feeling like shit overall.

I eat a high protein diet, moderate fat and low carbohydrates.

it's their job. they see fucked up shit all the time. yours is not even that fucked up. literally everyone in emergencies and walk in clinics has seen half a dozen men and women with gross ass stuff up their rectums.

As a percentile you will be around the 15% mark for gross things seen by the doctor. Not even qualifying in the upper gross half.

The reason for this is that a shitload of huge male fatties with severe hygenic problems suffer for years with some really fucked up shit before they for one reason or another end up with a doctor.
(If you're obese you may disregard this post.)

Just back into lifting after a roughly two and a half year break. Had a pretty intense lift session two days ago, and the crook of my arm is still stiff and sore. Is this shit because I didn't stretch properly or something before I lifted? How do I stop the constant stiffness and aching?

Please does anyone have the pear shaped man picture or thread?

are there any barbell exercises for side delts that don't fuck up your shoulders?

Its inevitable user. All the good ones were already taken.

>do they only work for squats or can you use them for other exercises too?
I've only been lifting for a few months now so idk if you need them or not but nobody is switching from their squating shoes to their deadlifting shoes at the gym

Anyone remember that British Twitter campaign that was like "If you join a Gym you'll get recruited by Racist Gangs!"? It had a little game thing where you get increasingly racist texts from your gym buddy basically going from 'wanna lift?' to 'lets burn down a mosque!' in 20 seconds.

I want to say 2013/2014 but i can't for the life of me find it.

Oh god, please tell me that this is a real thing! I want to see that so bad!

i remember that but i think it was more recent like 2016, probably more luck asking on Jow Forums

also this might be a little autistic but im trying to get better at deadlifts without doing deadlifts, and so im already doing rack pulls above the knee, any excercises for the lower part of deadlifts thats not any deadlift variant?

I've been eating a lot of red meat latley and I feel like shit. So much so being vegetarian for a month or so sounds like a good idea. Should I just be drinking water and eating greens and oatmeal make me feel better? I havn't been really feeling sluggish I just feel like I got the insides of a 40 year old boomer who eats charbroiled meat everyday.

How the fuck do I do/fix squats? They kill me not only because they are hard as fuck, but I literally can't breathe afterwards. I get depleted of all air and no matter how much I breathe in, I still feel like suffocating.
I haven't this issue on any other lifts, and this is why my squat is lagging. I deadlift twice as much and no problem. Even my bench is slightly bigger than my squat (2pl8)

Will I get vitamin A toxicity if i take 2 servings of cod liver oil?

Attached: 20190117_111107.jpg (1432x2545, 1.46M)

Depends on your proportion of skinny to fat.

Pick a girl who doesn't cheat, fuck her well, stay stoic. If she doesn't think you'll be bothered by her cheating (dgaf, exude the aura that you WILL drop her as soon as it happens) then she will not want to cheat.

If it makes you feel better, probably just a benign cyst. If it's pliable it's probably not cancer. I had the same thing - that kind of growth above my left testicle. I didn't go to a doctor, but when joining the army the army doctor examined it during the medical and told me it's a benign cyst that I can get removed if I want but if it doesn't cause me pain or discomfort it can stay.

So I still have it, but now I have peace of mind.

Go to a doctor dude, it's actually not awkward at all.

explain a bit more, not sure what you're trying to say
do you mean different types of strength?

how are you breathing during?
does it happen on heavy sets and light sets?

Is it possible to learn a martial art from home, through videos and other documentation? I have a large room, but I lack the discipline/time/will to spend money to go to a gym. I don't intend to master it, but to be able to do some non-boring exercise at home.
Sorry for the 'tism.

Doing 5x5s this is a question about squats.
I've made it to one pl8 a couple of weeks ago but noticed that I couldn't break parallel with it. I dropped back down to 25s and tried again because I thought I just had bad form. Now that I'm back to a pl8 I noticed that I couldn't break parallel consistently.

What the fuck am I doing wrong here?

couldn't break parallel in what way? you physically cannot go lower? if so, stretch more

What's the best way to increase testosterone in a safe way?
>inb4 onions and injections

Are there any kind of specific stretches??

youtu.be/JBHzXF-mVjY?t=48
if you can get into a parallel squat without any weight, it's probably a form issue though

eat healthily, sleep enough, cut out alcohol etc.
if you want to dramatically increase it, injecting really isn't as dangerous as it's made out to be

Thanks my dude. Just kinda weird that I can do it fine if under 45.

I got no sleep because I was up all night dicking around on a Discord call. Had a solid gym session yesterday. Exactly how many gainz did I lose by not sleeping?

Attached: 1547713403263.png (406x451, 172K)

a minimum of 2 gains

2 gains max

Some questions:

I google Macros for Bulking and came up with the following: 3300 calories 165g protein, 55 g fat, 536g carbs. Do you guys agree with this and how tf do you guys get all those carbs in you? Ive resorted to to Rice Krispies oatmeal and pasta as my primary carbs

Also my farts are rancid these days... is that a good sign?

Any MMA fag here that can tell men if it would make sense to join a gym? I lack strength in some areas when grappling/throwing and would like to improve, yet Im not sure if joining a gym would make sense or if it would be better to buy some equipment and do weighted calisthenics.

between 1 and 2 gains

whats the nitric oxide supplement that helps you with pumps at the gym and also random boners? is it l-citruline or arginine or what?
was thinking of copping scitec AAKG but no idea if I should just buy some l-citruline in powder and have the same ffect

Lift, my wrestling team lifts so I assume lifting would benefit your grappling.

Is it unsafe to not have straight lower back on barbell rows? I've worked it to 2pl8, never felt any back pain yet the instructor at the gym days my form is off

Attached: fren.png (732x633, 241K)

Dude how do you do the barbell row without tipping over?

Like I'm doing close to my bodyweight and on some reps my feet tip forward towards the bar (heels leave the ground). It just seems like the weight will pull make me fall over once I get to like 2pl8.

Protein farts are a sign you're doing well on protein intake, so they're a fairly good sign. Rice crispies, oatmeal, and pasta are fairly clean foods, but desu if you're not trying to clean bulk you probably don't really need to worry about your fat intake. You could eat foods that are higher in both fats and carbs, to balance out your carb intake while eating less food overall, because fat is higher in calories per gram than carbs.

Taking 5g creatine daily, how much water should I drink? I estimate currently getting roughly 2-3 litres a day with protein shake, coffee etc included.

Please, respond.

guys, redpill me on glutamine, read that I should take 20-30g daily, so I've been thinking about splitting it into 2 doses, one after my pre-workout meal (high protein, high fat) and one after my post-workout meal (high protein), and taking a single dose on rest days, am I retarded?

Attached: rare jeff 2.jpg (1679x823, 185K)

Thanks for the advice, I'm kind of trying bulk as clean as I can, been off processed foods (other than basics like Rice Krispies) and fast food. But yeah the fat likit is killing me so...

Would upping my fat intake make any difference to my muscular gains, and when it comes time to cut, will I have gained more fat? Thanks for the help

Any essentials you can recommend? I have a barbell lying around the cellar somewhere that I can use for DL, as that move seems very useful when trying to pick your oponent up. I don't want to join a local gym as they all cost 20 euro monies and you have to be a member for 12 months. And they are 90% cardio machines and weird strenght circles with machines.

how come I had bigger calves as a kid but now that I train them they're smaller?
im working on a bar and standing quite a lot, will this help build my calves? feels like training calves is a waste of time that could go to other exercise

I do all of those things but actually getting enough food is difficult and sometimes when I'm not hungry I can't eat much.
How much sleep is enough? I was told 8 hours but when I go to sleep (usually 10 / 11) it takes a while to get to sleep and I have to wake up for 7am (not a neet) so I only get 7 usually.

is it healthy to lose 2kg a week?
5'10 (180cm) 220lb (100kg) fatass

Attached: guy.jpg (600x600, 35K)

cut carbs and increase fat, put walnuts and shit into smoothies

were you fatter as a child? walked to school?

yes I weighted as much as I do now
I did ride my bicycle a lot and play a lot of football/soccer despite being a fat fuck, happened to eat a shitload of steak, icecream and pastries

Unless you go retard mode and eat at McDonalds every day, no, you shouldn't have all that much excess weight to lose. Muscle gains shouldn't be affected either, unless your protein intake goes down, which it shouldn't.

Attached: 1547600388267.jpg (1300x724, 97K)

There's a fasting general for that

I dl the bar then I "sit back" with my butt until my hams lock out
But I weight 94kg (just under 2pl8), so tipping over hasn't been much problem

Mm. Cold $0.75 burgers.

fat people who aren't wheeled around and actually have to move themselves usually grow bigger calves due to the need to support all the weight.
now that you're slimming down the chances are it's putting less stress on them.
they'll get bigger with time don't stress it

Are there any examples of a three day hypertrophy routine? (If it even exists)

literal shit?

For beginner
Alpha destiny novice
> outalpha.com/the-out-alpha-novice-program/

Arnold Golden 6
> t-nation.com/training/tip-train-with-arnolds-golden-six

For intermediates
Pavel Russian Bear
> startingstrength.com/resources/forum/programming/19799-power-people-programming-summary.html

Alpha destiny naturally enhanced 3x a week
> Intensity day (low reps, high weights, like 3x3 or 3x5)
Main press
Secondary press
Triceps
Shoulders
Squat/Deadlift Variation
Upper back/Traps
Forearms
Optional Forearms
Abs
Heavy GPP

> Light day (60% 1RM, high reps, low weights, like 3x10 or 3x15)
Main press
Secondary press
Triceps
Shoulders
Squat/Deadlift Variation or Upper back/Traps
Traps
Forearms
Abs
Light GPP

> Volume day (very high reps, short rest, low weights, like 3x20 or or even 4x25 for everything excep "Main" lifts)
Main press
Secondary press
Triceps
Triceps
Accessory Shoulders
Squat/Deadlift Variation
Upper back/Traps
Traps
Optional Traps
Forearms
Forearms
Accessory Legs
Abs
High volume GPP

At least its not its own thread. Dont be a nazi

>Dont be a nazi
Where do you think you are?

Question: are there any martial arts suitable for someone who wears glasses?

Attached: 1451445179581.jpg (669x1001, 270K)

depends on your muscle mass and bf%

you can't remove them at all?

Either you fight without glasses (>-4 glasses) or you don't fight

Generally speaking, no. The standard recommended rate is losing maybe 0.5% of your body mass per week or gaining half that. In order to lose 2 kg long-term, you need to burn about 14,000 calories more than you eat. Even if you work out like crazy, that's not many calories left for food and you will struggle to get enough protein to prevent muscle loss. It might be just about possible with a very strict diet, keto, eating a few eggs, some lean meat and a lot of low-carb green veg, while working out (mostly cardio) multiple times a day (or taking anabolic steroids and working out a reasonable amount).

The other way you can lose that much is fasting. Evidence of the health effects is kind of mixed, but I can't say it seems sensible. There must be some damage not getting any protein at all.

Jiu Jitsu and Judo are more or less possible to do

>Evidence of the health effects is kind of mixed, but I can't say it seems sensible. There must be some damage not getting any protein at all.
Get your facts checked
There's plenty of info on fasting, it's safe unless you're a child or pregnant woman
Fasting general has some good articles, there's a series by Jason Fung MD explaining how it works on physiology lvl in youtube etc

My eyesight is very bad. I would not be able to see details like hand and foot position clearly at a distance of more than a few feet.

Thinking about it, what I probably want is some kind of grappling where I can not worry about the opponent being at arm's length and will do a lot of work by touch.

Shooting, most effective martial art.

How much Zinc should i take per day for Test gains? Does it matter when and with what?

Attached: 1544926620926.jpg (576x768, 76K)

Guys quick where do i place the bar when doing the hip thrust

examine.com/supplements/zinc/

how about on your hips

when doing hanging leg raises, does sticking out your legs like a L actually work the lower abs more or does it shift into the hip flexors?

>sticking out your legs like a L
what?
up to horizontal is hip flexors with abs being sabilisators and over it is abs movement

I herniated two discs in my lower back like 5 years ago. I want to start lifting for the first time in like a decade, but should I still be concerned about doing any significant weight?