Why don't more powerlifters and bodybuilders learn to box or do kickboxing?

Why don't more powerlifters and bodybuilders learn to box or do kickboxing?

It seems almost every heavy lifter/ego lifter I see has this idea of themselves being tough or how they'd be good at a fight because they are big or lift heavy.

Why not just actually learn to fight? It makes literally no sense to me that someone would lift weights but not be athletic about it in the ultimate sport known to man.

Attached: IMG_0335.jpg (900x600, 105K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZDMnT8hrT-U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>cardio

Attached: 1409630808061.jpg (600x612, 39K)

>fight/spar/training
>Injure yourself
>not able to powerlift/bodybuild for 1-6weeks which sets you back in your competition goals

gee i wonder why

And yes, you still can injure yourself even with near perfect technique. If it's not your personal fuck up, it's your partner who rides you into injury willingly or unwillingly

Oh look it’s THIS thread again

Cos for the billionth time, any big dude can easily overpower someone smaller, even if the small dude has way more experience.

Also stop spamming this thread.

it's always that one faggot who did fighting sports for 6 months maybe 1-2 years when he was still an edgy teen cunt and then quit, he has been in zero actual fight or die moments and is obviously, coping.

Powerlifters can easily beat boxers in a fight because they don’t have years of knuckle damage weakening their punches or brain damage weakening their reflexes.

But I do,most of you are weak beta male who think that they are though for lifting weight but would run out of cardio after 1min in a fight

I don’t want to to affect my gains. I’m clean bulking right now nigger

But that’s not true, there was that Russian mma dude who killed a bodybuilder, there’s that BJJ video where he beat him in a fight and there’s judo where I’ve beaten people with 50+ lbs on me (and have gotten beaten by people 20 lbs lighter)

Being physically stronger than someone doesn't mean you autowin. You can ko a guy even if he is big as fuck.

Footwork and technique are a thing you can train for and bigger guys get gassed real fast since they have to move with more energy expelled in a fight than a leaner build

cant find any place that isnt a mcdojo or a place for yuppie soccer moms to feel empowered and tone up

go to any boxing gym in the rough area of town my dude

Maybe after I reached my lifting goals, no time for both rn

lol powerlifters just lifts heavy things, that's their goal, and it's amazing. boxing isn't about strengt, it's cardio, footwork, timing... And I think Wrestling is better like greeks used to do.

Attached: 111111a.png (646x816, 345K)

>box
>ultimate sport known to man.
like what the fuck
enjoy getting assraped by a fat wrestler

I would recommend everyone on this board to join some kind of a sport. If your life is just work,lift,eat,netflix,tinder than you should definitely try getting into a sport or some type of hobby where you'll meet people. Don't complain about being lonely and not meeting people if your only form of exercise is pushing metal

mostly because boxing is a shit meme that requires an insane ammount of commitment and time investment unlike bodybuilding
for starters it requires a big ammount of cardio and that cuts into your recovery, which is why most boxers that aren't on roids or insanely genetically gifted look like dog shit, because they can't make any fucking gains.

Grappling is much better for bodybuilders anyway, you get to use your muscular strength more than in boxing and size has a big advantage in all forms of grappling unlike in boxing where you get btfo by lanky ass long libed niggers that don't even lift because they spend so little energy on every move they do, plus lo9nger limbs make it so they can move distances faster and hit you while you are unable to hit them.

Boxing is literally a lanklet sport which is why niggers dominate it, mma and specially grappling is more balanced because strength matters more there.
>why not just learn to fight
you don't do that with boxing though

> Years of knuckle damage weakening their punches

That's like saying a professional thai boxer has weaker kicks because his shins a damaged,,

youtube.com/watch?v=ZDMnT8hrT-U

/thread

A big dude is not going to overpower someone with actual stamina and technique. Kimbo Slice got his ass beat for a reason.

Keep coping when that manlet bends you over the bar because you wanted to look cool.

>implying stamina and technique are important in a street fight
Imagine getting a swift elbow to your jaw from some dude who diddlies 5pl8.
If you fight on the street, which is retarded anyway, you don’t hop around waiting for opportunities, you just go. In 99 % of cases, the dude with the more aggressive measure will win. And an elbow strike/head to solar plexus/kick in the knee will overpower your hooks and jabs.
Boxing is a great sport but won’t matter in a fight with no rules. Do Krav Maga if that’s what you’re after. But why would you be anyway if you’re not an insecure fag with anger issues or live in the slums.

Attached: 8E11F68A-C0FA-469E-972A-A3D1069A4686.jpg (324x600, 31K)

Fbpb

This is what fat powerlifters actually believe

t. I-I did boxing for 3 months once, y-you better watch out!

Why lift and box when you can rise up in the intelligence services?

Then when someone punks you, you can find them using your massive web of cameras later and identify them using your facial recognition biometeric database.

Then you have your coworkers plant gigs of CP on his computer and have him arrested. His GF is disgusted and won't speak to him. His own mother won't visit him. He falls into a deep depression, but resolves to fight through.

Seeing he won't commit suicide you use a prison gang in your employ to have him shanked to death. As he bleeds out, they say "this is for calling user out for wearing lifts at the gym four years ago "

Good luck with your boxing though. Hope you don't end up drinking polonium or ending up extradited to Egypt...

The ego doesn't come from lifting, those people naturally were that way before they started lifting, the gym only reinforces this belief.

Some people do not like boxing, and do no have the insecurity like I sense in your post to "be a tough guy".

a small dude would go for the legs.

>Did kickboxing for 6 months when I was a skinny twink
>6'3 with 6'7 arm span
>Got big, 210 pounds
>Decide why not start kickboxing again in some other club
>I don't want to do fucking cardio or hop rope I just wanna spar
>It's sparring day my 2nd day there
>The trainer asks me if I ever trained before
>Yea a bit but that was long ago
>"Mmmm I don't think you should fight man, you're gonna get your ass kicked"
>I take a look at his "trainees"
>It's a bunch of fucking skinny lanky compensating ghetto retards
>Manage to talk him into letting me spar by subtly talking shit about his precious twinks
>They're all hyped up when we start
>Literally throw them off balance with my left hand every time they try to approach me
>Flat out smirk at their face each time I push them out of balance
>End up beating the shit out of 7 people
>2 decent strong guys I came out even with
Those kinds of twinks are the ones coping by saying "muscles make you useless in a fight". There's a reason why weight categories exist
I quit 2 trainings later because I didn't feel like doing fucking situps and running in circles

I've never read a more unbelievable and stupid story.
What probably happened in reality is you beat one guy up who was experienced but much smaller than you and then lost to guys your size or within 50lbs lower and are doctoring the narrative.

I've been training kickboxing and Jiu Jitsu for about ~7 months now, and trying to do that while powerlifting is impossible. Before I started martial arts my maxes were above 2/3/4/5, but within 7 months they've all decreased significantly. You need to pick a focus because trying to do it all, even on an extreme bulk with three hours a day to spend training, will just get you injured and worn down. Now if you're roiding this might be a different story.

What's the problem with cardio?

I'm pretty strong (1150 total at 180lbs) and I've never been in a fight. Get my ass kicked by anyone I bet. Got my nose broken by a tennis racket, so everyone thinks I want to wrestle when I'm hanging out with friends.

Whatever you say you seething featherweight bitchboy

I call bullshit. Post pic with gloves,mouthguard and timestamp. You won't because you've never trained before.

You don't have to fight if you're big enough. Deterrence baby

nothing wrong with cardio fellas. Even a little bit goes a long way. I do 15 minutes on the Echo bike every workout day, brought my resting BPM down to 54, and blood pressure down to 109/59.

I'm not an insecure manchild

*Shoots double leg*

Heh.

Attached: Wrestling_d8b4b0_5089302.jpg (500x446, 55K)

Gerard gordeau Vs Yuki nakai

Nothing, he's another retard falling for Jow Forums memes

Because being able to lift heavy shit or look big and intimidating is enough for them.
They don't really want to know how to fight.
Besides, a big bodybuilder or powerlifter will be handicapped by their mass and stiffness when it comes to real athletic endeavors.

>Tfw live in a small village where the only option is boxing, which has a 'fitness' group and a competition group that only takes experienced fighters.

Starting late sucks ass.

If this is true, all that you did is go into a gym and swing for the fences against guys in a lower weightclass than you, who were holding back from hurting you because that is what sparring is.

I say if this is true, because anyone who has ever sparred properly knows you don't "beat the shit" out of anyone during it, as that's not what the exercise is for.

I will when I get home in 5 hours because I'm at work now. I got 2 pairs of gloves because I sparred with my dad at home since he did fighting sports for a long time.
And if you ever sparred before you would know that every fucking spar ends up a full blown fight until one of you realises you're trying to kill each other. Here's how EVERY spar goes
>"We'll take it easy"
>Sure thing man
>You fight and jab a bit
>You land a slightly stronger punch on the guy
>"Woops sorry man..."
>No problem hahah
>He's actually pissed and hits you a bit stronger than you hit him
>You hit him even stronger
>He hits you even stronger
And you end up trying to knock each other out. Especially if it's someone you think looks like a faggot and tries hard.

this is what 'bodybuilders' actually believe

You don't get punched in the face when lifting weights. You can spend your entire life picking heavy things up and putting them down without ever knowing how it feels to be kicked in the liver.

That's so far off what sparring in any gym I've been to is I dont know how the hell you think it's even a good lie

Seeing some roided, gyno'd fuck head get the wind knocked out of him is the most satisfying thing. I don't know why people think a good bench some how equals good fighter by default

this guy knows whats up. upvoted.
EDIT: THANK YOU FOR GOLD KIND STRANGER

Attached: tips.jpg (600x397, 30K)

MADMAN

cope harder manlet

Boxing is mostly anaerobic like sprinting

>Deterrence baby

Please explain why there are plenty of big dudes in prison that still get attacked. Please explain why there are police officers that still get attacked despite having a gun, body armor and a radio to call for backup. Deterrence may work a few times but what good does it do when a madman just ambushes your ass?

cardio is king, if you only lift you're a pussy

Post them with mouthguard and wraps. Tons of fitness fags have gloves. People who have sparring experience have a mouthguard or their coach wouldn't let them go at it. But I call bullshit still.

Not only that but there are always some drunk assholes who want to fight with the big guy.
I have a friend who's tall and huge (former semipro wrestler) and he regularly gets bothered by assholes in bars who have something to prove.

The first 6 months I trained I didn't have a mouth guard. We also didn't have helmets like most faggoty gyms. Also the 2nd day I came the coach asked me if I wanna spar and I said sure and I got my nose busted. And I'm thankful and glad he let me spar and not being a fucking bitch about it.
Still not home. And idk what you find so unbelievable in my story

Probably because it requires hanging out with other people. There are a ton off different sports out there and you've prob chosen the one that requires zero socializing for a reason.

Attached: 1540023315752.png (2048x1319, 2.03M)

Buddy idk where you're from. I live in Croatia and I went to a kickboxing club that was in a literal basement or some shit and as I said here I sparred on my 2nd day there and I had no protection besides the gloves and we also always fought like animals because why not. I genuinely enjoy sparring

Uhhh, you sound like an autistic mongoloid retard. That's not how every sparring session ends up unless your an insecure faggot that always has to one up everybody.
Sometimes in sparring someone lands a harder shot than they were expecting, the other person steps into the jab or slips into a hook etc, shit happens.
You sound fully autismo by saying you'd just get mad and keep hitting harder until you end up in a brawling match with your sparring partners. I'd be willing to bet you're that guy that goes full autismo at the gym and that's why nobody likes you or wants to spar with you, but in your mind you think it's because your Billy badass and "win" against everybody.
t. 2x national Muay Thai champion

Confirmed snaggle-tooth retard training at a gym for special people, "winning" in sparring against full blown retards. Goes home thinking he's the new Brock Lesnar.

So are there any good places to learn martial arts in juuyork?

Im too heavy for most casual sparring, and most people dont want to seriously throw down with me.

I did alot of mixed when i was in jr high, lots of kick based shit like taido, did some fucking grappling, the whole nine yards. I liked it.

Stopped during highschool, where i kept growing. hit 6'7" by the end of highschool, now im a sophomore in college and still growing.
Bulking to 275 rn, then cutting for a lean 250. Endgoal is 275 lean.

also, cardio. FUck that shit, not while im bulking

Because fighting is mostly for niggers and small dicked men

I like picking up heavy things, I don't care about whether I could kill another man. If I did, I'd buy a knife or a gun.