Why the FUCK am i still stuck at 3pl8 deadlift boys?

why the FUCK am i still stuck at 3pl8 deadlift boys?

Attached: nd2.jpg (600x387, 96K)

You're weak

Not enough sleep
Not enough rest between sets
Not enough food
Not enough volume
Need to Deload

1. Not eating enough
2. too much volume
3. bad programming
4. 2 and 3

EAT MORE AND SLEEP MORE

because you have a life and need your spine chief.

Attached: IMG_20171112_195247761.jpg (1944x2592, 1.01M)

Post program and time lifting

>Not enough volume
highly doubt that

>not enough volume
>too much volume

WELL WHICH IS IT

Op posted a picture from SS, so I’m assuming he’s running that. 1x5 deadlifts can only get you so far.

Because you haven't added the 4th plates you goof

Attached: Obama-Laugh.jpg (3528x2449, 1.44M)

I was getting stuck at like 385x5 for a while and went from deadlifting twice a week (ppl) to only deadlifting once a week and only doing 1 heavy set of 5 like in SS and I've started making progress again. Up to 415x5 now. Volume on deads is killer

also 1x5 deadlifts can take you WELL beyond 3pl8

DEADLIFT MORE. You need to increase volume (by the appropriate amount) to make gains

You know nothing if you seriously think that, kek

Not for everyone. That's a very general claim

do updated hepburn:
>take ~80% of 1RM
>do 4 sets of triples
>next deadlift day do 5 sets of triples
>then 6
>work your way up to 10 sets
>add weight and repeat until you hit your genetic potential
if you stall do 5x1->8x1, then when you stall on that alternate back to 4x3->10x3
some higher volume assistance work with this is highly recommended
also eat more
youre welcome

My deadlift sucks too. I can only do 305lbs 6 times. I haven't tried anything heaver than that. I'm squatting 280 tomorrow and will probably get at least 8, and I can bench 190 7 times.

doing volume work increases 1rm you brainlet. dyel

That makes no sense. Doing a bunch of volume of low weight does not increase your max

doing lots of volume with medium weight does
intermediate training and beyond is basically establish maxes->increase work capacity with submaximal high(er) volume training->taper off volume and put more weight on the bar->establish new maxes->repeat. for intermediates this takes weeks, for advanced lifters this takes months, and for elite lifters this takes years.

Holy fuck nice anecdotes

Ideally you practice both

1x5 taking you beyond 3pl8 is not an anecdote. Case in point: SS.

not everyone is a talentchad like you

It really depends on where your weakness is. Your deadlift will only be as strong as your weakest point - is it grip, off the floor, around the knees, or the finish that is giving you trouble?

You need to work on whatever your weak point is, for most people it's lower back. Focus on stiff leg deadlifts in addition to regular deads.

Make sure you're not squatting the bar, keep your butt higher and your back straight.

Switch up your programming. Maybe you can't lift 315 but you can work up to lifting 295x3. 315 will seem easy after that.

Most of all DON'T BOUNCE THE BAR ON REPS. It's lazy as fuck and you're cutting out the hardest part of the lift. Lift each lift from the floor, that's why it's called a DEAD lift.

- 5pl8 DL at 160lbs.

>DON'T BOUNCE THE BAR ON REPS
based

>mfw ROTC zoomer bouncing a whopping 165lbs as hard as he could doing deads
>his plate math was fucked, two 25s and a 10 on each side

why do people do this

>too much volume

It’s almost certainly not this

EAT BIG LIFT BIG GET BIG

because anecdotes are never real

a man shouldnt have to eat at a surplus to get past 3pl8 dadlift.
just try harder

t.

Attached: EC2C6B15-B7D9-4CC0-A5EE-7D543CA70F89.jpg (480x360, 13K)

Sleep, rest, food or deload. "Stuck" doesn't give us the full story. Reminder, if you go for "more volume" you are going to lighten the weight even more when you could just go crazy on the first set until you get to where you want then add volume.

>1x5 isn't enough volume (source: me)
>"but it's worked for me and tens, maybe hundreds of thousands of people"
>"nice anecdote, my random claim is better proof!"
Fuck off

But according to the magic 1/2/3/4 he isn't intermediate yet, so it's irrelevant.

1x5 on Legs 1 and 3x5 on Legs 2 seems to be working for me so far, but I'm still getting my newbie gains.

>why do people do this
>zoomer
You answered your own question

LEMAO im 16 and lift 3,5 plate hahahahahaha ur weak

Programming and volume don't mean shit at this level unless OP is a 90lb grill or 85 years old.

I'm stuck on 1 plate. I'm weak AF. I think my proportions or technique is off somehow cuz my squat is 1 plate too.

If you think SS getting a person to >3pl8 deadlift makes them a talentchad then you might have leukemia please get tested.

Post video and stats (height, bw, relevant medical history)

No video. I'm a 5'7 manlet who weighs 67kg.

Just about every lift is a challenge for me while it feels like everyone on the internet is instantly blazing to 1234 without much effort.

Your technique is probably pretty wack. Next session try and film yourself and even if you don't post it somewhere just watch it back and compare it to instructional videos. The SS videos are unironically good for learning the technique.
Also remember that getting to 4pl8 in a month or whatever doesn't mean shit, what matters is where you are in 10+ years. Take your time and don't panic.

>Need to Deload
something reddit would say

you're not trying hard enough.

I went from 3 plates to 5 plates by just trying harder.

I bench your deadlift lol at you

Add more weight but do rack pulls, overload your body to get used to the feel of the weight. Whenever I plateau I add more weight and do a similar exercise but with less room

For bench I add weight, have a spotter, and slowly go down while my spotter brings me up. For OHP I do push press and hold the weight for a couple of secs.

With less rom*

Iv been stuck at 375 for 6 months. Only been lifting for a year so not too worried about it.

>DON'T BOUNCE THE BAR ON REPS
I fucking hate seeing people do this. Letting the bar barely touch the floor and not lowering your hips is like benching without bringing the bar to your chest, it's not like you'll get the same results as if you were doing it right.

M O D S
O
D
S

Dont listen to the internet, 90% of people here dont lift. 1234 is quite strong, and takes a lot of effort to get to.

When I started I could barely bench the bar and now I can do 2pl8 for reps. Took me over 2 years. I was a 5 6 skelly, like 110. Now I'm 155

You're not trying hard enough. This is the most common problem for plateaus like you're at right now (relatively low weight). People don't realize that it's going to get harder and harder to lift more and more and that requires more and more effort.