Give it to me straight boys. how bad is an 85kg ATG squat? been stuck on this weight for 4 reps and now i gotta deload

give it to me straight boys. how bad is an 85kg ATG squat? been stuck on this weight for 4 reps and now i gotta deload.

Attached: SpotlessLikelyAnemone-small.gif (284x251, 1.04M)

Who cares as long as youre progressing slowly and steadily.

Who cares. Nobody even works legs anyway. Get a life

Don't worry about it OP. Only compare yourself to your former self. When it's time to deload focus on keeping your form perfect, sleeping well, eating enough protein. Progress slowly, move to 2.5lbs or 2lbs steps. As long as you don't skip any workouts you will do fine.

At least you're training legs who cares about the weight. If you're stalling a lot on back squat try front squatting for a while then go back. You may just have weak quads.

Ita shit but youll lift more in time. Make sure youre eating at a surplus and sleeping

It's much better than low bar powerlifting "squat" even at 225x5. ATG is much harder. 85kg however, is rather weak. Rest for a few days and attack your squat with some simple program if you really are stuck

Also this, maybe try frionts if you are failing halfway up. Might be weak quads. I took my squat from 120kg horrid bounce ATG to 140kg ATG paused and 155kg ATG. This took only 6 weeks. But yeah quads were really lagging so that was the only reason.

do them with a pause

His form is actually kind of bad. But then again, he's ATG-ing my total, so he could probably teach me a thing or two lmao.

Compared to the general population: good

Compared to advanced lifters: thats the first warmup set.

That's why you should never compare yourself to the crazy strong people you see videos of online.

Compare yourself to where you were a couple months ago, or a year ago.

Do a week of lighter weight to deload, make sure you are eating right and get enough rest.

Also: is your goal to be healthy, look good or lift as heavy as possible?
If it's not the last one, don't worry so much about the number of plates.

Don't get discouraged user. Every time you get your ass to the gym and do a workout is a victory. Keep fighting.

atg being that much harder is a meme
when my lowbar was 170kg for 5 i switched to highbar just to see how much it will be weaker and i could bang 160kg for 5
matter of fact, later on while switching completely to highbar atg it gave me terrible hip impingement
not everybody should squat atg and its not even as optimal for leg development as one would think, going just below the parallel is enough

This. Most people who do ATG also like to bounce. Just go below parallel and hold it.

ass to ground is bad for your knee joints
80 degree corner in your knees is best squat

>riding the stretch reflex for that long
>not bombing
>nice depth
>neutral spine and good center of gravity
>immaculate TL junction control
>nicely maintained mullet

I see no bad form here.

>1 angle is best for everybody
>knows things about anthropomety

Pick 1 lad.

OP I completed 5x5 @ 85kg today. it's the highest I've ever done. I had troubles getting over 80 for 5x5, but did some low-rep, high-weight sets (3x2 @95) which i found helped immensely

Deload and try again, it's only a week away

you forgot the shorts

Depends, how long are you training? 85 kg should be reachable within several months for most men unless you are some mega skinny manlet who weighs 50 kg.

good if you're skinny and it's higher than your body weight. Also, be careful about going too deep because in my experience when I go too deep I lose tension in certain muscles and get "buttwink". I'm short but I know that going ass to grass is really bad for tall people: having long legs means your range of motion is much more than a short person, so slightly bellow parallel is sufficient.

>I see no bad form here.
knees cave way too much in on the way up, which means he didn't rotate his hip joint externally enough before the lift and during the descent

depends on proportions basically

What's your routine?
Bodyweight, getting enough sleep, eating?

Height weight and program please