Interesting character flaws

I'm writing a few characters for a project of mine but I want them to feel interesting and a good way to go about that would be to add some flaws. What are some good flaws for a character?

So far I got a street racer that gets mild halusinations from flashing lights which I think might make some scenes more interesting with him since street races take place at night. So the faster he goes the faster the street lights flash the worse the halusinations get.

Thoughts and/or suggestions?

Attached: IMG_2145.jpg (1600x1200, 200K)

Pee ID!

All I would say is if you are going to do something like that, either come up with a damn good reason for it (preferably somewhat physiologically sound) or just don't explain it at all. Don't do something half-arsed

What are you writing?

suggestions from a non-writing writer - make the flaws related to some aspect of their character that may help shed background information on the character that may need to be revealed in the story

Attached: 1183822734816.jpg (446x354, 64K)

He should have a medical condition that will cause his heart to explode if he drives below 55 mph.

Attached: Brian Stelter 065.png (351x412, 182K)

I should add something I find helpful about giving characters flaws and that is to first show how they benefit the character.

Maybe if you start out showing the hallucinations working for him in some way, before showing the how the wheels fall of the cart so to speak.

Above everything else it is just more realistic this way. Even a crazy girl is good in bed.

Bonus tip: have higher error detection than me and it'll save you loads of time in editing, holy shit

>character flaw
He is a nigger

Attached: 1518789862851.png (448x342, 161K)

You almost got THOT as an ID, potatonigger

>Pee ID
Just my luck.

I was thinking of explaining it either as an effect from a previous injury or as something like epilepsy but i still need to read up on epilepsy, it's causes and symptoms.

Right now I'm just writing characters and mabye a shortstory to acompany it for the fun of it. I don't really have a big plan for it.

A militaryteen who is actually autistic but tries his best and is seen always cheery, but feels as if he can overcome his problems if he just makes the breakthrough he needs, but this results in suicidal thoughts and such.

Attached: BFF51FDE-B603-4DCC-8EFE-366EC527AD27.jpg (250x200, 15K)

a man with a huge wee wee but he constantly get bonners without warning even at bad moments

Building stories around characters can be fun. Sometimes it leads to hollow setting, so just make sure that isn't the case

It will never get fully erect

A character with a dick that is too big or just big but dysfunctional is actually a great idea for an interesting character flaw

I agree, read the book “The Outsiders” does the whole “make a story around characters” schtick, really good book too.

The perfect Chad, but his body will always fuck him over kind of thing

While the halusinations working in the characters favor might be cool a flaw is more something a character has to overcome or work around to evolve, at least in my experience.

A trucker and ex con who obsessively tracks researches cases of vehicular manslaughter and doles out vigilante justice after he accidentally killed an entire family in a car accident

Make a "superpowers with an unfortunate limitation" thread again

Something rare like Leber's disease where a young person's eyesight is slowly degrading
>genetic, very rare
>the center of the field of vision becomes blurred and eventually blackens but the outer rim of the field of vision often remains
>a disease mainly males suffer
>a female carries the genetic defect
>very expensive experimental medicines exist IRL
>I know someone with this condition

Well that’s really fucked, hope the person gets better, would be an interesting character in story though

They are in fact twin brothers. The "first" brother got symptoms at his early teens (which is kinda rare), went almost blind but then the eyesight started to return. He has now about 60% of his eyesight back. The "second" brother got the symptoms during his late teens, and hasn't recovered yet. He has about 20% of his eyesight.

When you talk to those guys, you are at first wondering why they are avoiding to look you in the eyes.
The fact is they indeed Are looking at you the best they can, via that "rim" field of vision.