Redpill me on adjustable-weight dumbbells

Redpill me on adjustable-weight dumbbells

Attached: adjustable_dumbbell.jpg (1272x1088, 86K)

Not worth the money at all.
You want adjustable dumbbells? Get milk jugs and fill them with sand until you get the weight you want.

so you're saying GOMAD can give you a homegym...

if it has more than 2 moving parts its a machine, and there for worthless in gym.

based prison workout poster

why even go to a gym? just squat while wearing a backpack full of books. get under your bed and start benching your bed frame.

I just started lifting 3 months ago with adjustable dumbbells and a bench and have made shitloads of improvement.

>spending a shit ton of money when you can just put more weight on a regular dumbbell or improvise

Attached: OP.jpg (645x729, 46K)

what's there to redpill you on? they're dumbbells but you can put plates on them instead of buying fucking 40 of them. imagine buying pre loaded barbells and switching them out every time you wanted to lift heavier.

Bulky and expensive but they do what they're usually well-made and do what they're supposed to. Only buy if you're a rich boomer desu

>get under your bed and start benching your bed frame

based

this is what i when i was like 12 and i had no way to get to a gym outside of school

Why does it look so mechanical and complex? I have one where it's literally just a bar, a couple of weights, and two clips to block the weights. The fuck do the egg timers do?

The most redpilled comment in ages!

The bowflex ones pictured are actually pretty lit, I have a shittier brand of adjustable ones and theyre annoying as fuck to ajust, these ones are easy. still moer awkward than a regular dumbbell but I get away with a squat rack, bench, bar+weights and ajustable dumbbells just fine in my garage

there's a tray/stand that the dumbbells rest in. you turn the dial to what weight you want, and the weights not needed are left behind in the tray

What's the advantage over using simple additive math to adjust your weights yourself like an adult? Jesus, are people so lazy nowadays that COUNTING is too much hard work?

I would consider it if it wasn't made of plastic. Looks cheap and shitty for how expensive it is.

I've had mine since 07, love them.

they take up less space and are faster than the alternative. plus if you are working out with a bro or your girlfriend or something its a bitch switching back and forth in weights

They look a lot bulkier than a bar and six plates, but your second point stands. Still very niche especially for the price.

I'm gonna get a pair of those for my home gym due to lack of space. It's the only thing missing, really. I have a few pairs of regular dumbbells, but I can't fit a whole range in my apartment.

Adjustable dumbbells are Jeff approved btw.

Attached: 1546299495001.png (420x678, 344K)

the fuck are you guys teens or what? I did this shit when I was in school and my parents wouldn't buy me weights. any serious lifts need actual gym weights. stop being poor or a cheapass with a stick uo your ass. your body is with you until you die for the next 80 years, a couple grand is nothing in the long run. 100 pounds will ALWAYS be 100 pounds.

as for op, I have normal dubmbells but if you got the money I would say go for it if you really want.dont listen to the crabs in this thread

Attached: momo7.jpg (713x713, 86K)