Before I give details, my main question is this: Are "strength standards" websites bs?

Before I give details, my main question is this: Are "strength standards" websites bs?

I started training almost two years ago. It'll be two years at the start of February. I'm 23 years old 5'6 and float at around 155lbs bodyweight. My numbers on the big three are:

Squat 455
Deadlift 530
Bench 285

And I'm pleased with them. I've even recorded my lifts and sent them to make sure everything is clean. No arching back, squat to where my hip crease is even with my patella, no wonky bench where half the bar comes up first. The thing that kills me is when I try to use sights like strengthlevel or systemic strength to track my progress. They'll say stuff like my deadlift is in an "elite" category that supposedly should take years to get to, and even my bench (definitely my worst lift) fits into the category of "5 years of training or more".

Granted I've been super strict with nutrition and hard tracking. I can count the days I've slipped up in total on both hands, but I refuse to believe that these "standards" are accurate. I'm a natural too, so it's not like I'm going in to this expecting to have a head start. That all in mind, I'm already convinced these sites are bull. I just want to know how far they miss the mark. I mean jfc I even got a home gym and weighed my plates on a scale to make sure nothing was amiss with my numbers.

What's the best way for me to figure out real metrics to compare myself against? How can I figure out where I'm really lagging and what to focus on? This is driving me nuts and having some website trying to inflate my ego isn't doing me any favors.

Attached: Mens-Squat-Powerlifting-Strength-Standards.png (3170x1876, 258K)

Symmetric strength is pretty good site with good standards.

go to powerlifting meets to compete, or find a powerlifting trainer i guess, gratz on the numbers btw

You're an actual freak of nature. Either that or all the weight scales around you are broken.

This is the most cringeworthy post I’ve read in a while

Thanks I appreciate it! I do want to go to a meet soon but I don't want to go until I'm sure I could smash competition. I'm in Texas so I've heard he scene here is really harsh, and since my birthday is in March I wouldn't have time to prepare more before I go to the next age bracket.

Yeah, I know how it sounds. If I were proud of it it wouldn't be anonymous. I got fired up though and said it the way I said it.

Lol I appreciate that. I'm really just an gymcel autist tho who doesn't like crowds. I basically holed up after I graduated from uni and got a job.

You have a wilks score of 430.

For reference, the very best powerlifters have scores of 500+, mediocre powerlifters have scores of ~350.

see now THAT I can work with! Thanks so much. Do you know anywhere I can go to find a reference for what my wilks score should be proportionate to my training age? I just googled it but didn't find anything with my search.

The important part isn't the numbers for me. I just know that with progress starting to slow I'm going to get antsy and feel urged to make changes in my training. I want to have a good reference for if I hop around too much and start lagging behind the curve.

Post a pic you fucking inspiration

I've been on Jow Forums long enough to know that's only going to head toward unwanted physique critiques and getting called a manlet.

As someone who is 6' 6", how well do strength standard charts / symmetric strength result scale with height?

They scale are proportional to weight, because all sports are based on weight classes, not height classes. Height is irrelevant, except for looks.

Height is important for strength
There's a reason competitors in the worlds strongest man events are 2 metres + and 200kg

The guy below you is right:They don't scale to height. The only general rules are that at a taller height you should be able to work in a higher weight class, but you'll be at a disadvantage in heuristics that care about multiples of bodyweight.

Other than that maybe just anthropometry stuff

Very true. You can't pack more muscle on to a frame that doesn't have the space. Question though. Does that mean your rate of progress will be the same but your max potential will be higher? Or does your progress rate scale to that higher ceiling.

Yes but also a 6' 3" guy competes just the same and beats a 6' 8" guy and they both weight about the same

Okay, I'm sold on using wilks as my metric. Comparing it now with some stuff on

allaboutpowerlifting dot com

I do have another question, though. I just switched to a 4 day full body split with 2 heavy days, a medium day, and a light day (I calculated the intensities and stuff to use with rippetoe's practical programming)

No matter what the medium day and light day have bench, 3x8. The two heavy days though basically use texas method bench protocol one week then alternate for OHP. Given that my bench seems to be my big sticking point compared to the rest of my stuff should I do more bench volume or chest work?

Height is important for work capacity. You've got it backwards on strength (meaning simply the capacity to produce force), because manlets have an advantage there. Strength is directly related to muscle cross sectional area, and at a given weight (and bodyfat percent), a manlet's muscles will have larger cross sectional area.

For equivalent muscular cross sectional area, a lanklet will weigh much more, but will also be able to produce that force for a longer range of motion, producing more work.

All of the strength sports are misnomers. Strongman should be called workman, powerlifting should be called strengthlfiting, and weightlifting should be called powerlifting.

Lmao look at this nerd

I'd watch the fuck out of Workman.

I feel like you're the same guy calling yourself a nerd since these posts were back to back.

Based and biopilled

I realize it looks that way, but that's how an idiot samefags, and I'm not that much of an idiot. Unfortunately only he and I (and the mods) can know that for sure.