There are people on this board who enter the gym, do 3 exercises and leave

>There are people on this board who enter the gym, do 3 exercises and leave.

Attached: SS wall of success.jpg (1050x793, 106K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28834797
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>curls
>pull-ups
>OHP

don't need more

shame about your thread, dyel

>SS
>3 exercises

Oh look, someone didn't read the book.... again.

Post body

Did you bump the thread?

I do 4 and leave. You don't actually waste all day in the gym for minimal returns do you op?

The most in one day is Squat, bench, power clean and chin up.

I wasted the first 2 years of my time at the gym literally doing nothing but fucking dumbbell lateral flies.
I was very fat the whole time. I did this because the strong guy at the gym told me that 'Beginners are like strawberry jam, the best ones have lots of FLIES!'. He told me that strong shoulders would force the rest of me to carry the heavy weight and I'd get stronger and stronger on the bottom of my body everytime i did any daily tasks. He also used to occassionally walk over and motivate me by saying stuff like 'Is there a waiter? Because we got some awesome FLIES in our soup!' and other stuff. Found out he was trolling me for 2 fucking years, at least I have strong shoulders now I've gotten more fit with a real routine.

Attached: crying but pretending to be happy.jpg (489x484, 20K)

Isn't SS squat, deadlift, ohp, powerclean, chinup and maybe bentover row?

Amazing

Attached: carpaccio.png (275x249, 59K)

There's a reason it's been a Jow Forums meme for almost a decade.

Deadlift, bench, squat.

Check mate, nigger.

3 exercice with good rest time and good warmup will already take you 40~45 minutes

You're resting too long.

t. dyel

bottom left has some supple tits

Stop lifting baby weights.

He's right tho. Despite what the book says, to get maximum gains, you have to completely destroy the muscle, you cannot give it time to rest. 1 and a half minute is maximum.

>There are people on this board who enter the gym and lift for 3 hours

Attached: 1432356335806.png (466x720, 98K)

>you cannot give it time to rest
top fucking kek

I'm not talking about recovery on rest days, but about training. You can't rest too much or your muscle will not feel anything.

>rod buster Ironworker
>career consists of lifting heavy metal all day
>do main compound lifts at the gym
>leave
Because I’m tired as fuck and burn enough calories at work

Post body.
I can get my compounds done in 20 minutes and two supersets of 4x8-12 in another 20. Five exercises done in 40 minutes easy.

You still believe the burn has anything to do with strength gains?

>1 and a half minute is maximum
t. sub 3pl8 squat

t. dyel

Post body. I squat 4 plate. You're just weak and fat. Develop some work capacity instead of just shitposting.

>ITT: 4pl8s squatters somehow debatin the merit of Starting Strength, a beginner program
Yeah that's larping if I've ever seen some
*sips*

post body

>I squat 4 plate
I laughed. I've been training for barely a year and already squat that much. Ask me how I know you're a dyel

Attached: getfucked.png (600x724, 371K)

I squat 6 plate, and you are a retard.

>there are people in this very thread who spend over 20 hours a week in the gym

This is stupid enough that i believe it

user, you're supposed to lift heavier than 60% 1rm

>we got some awesome FLIES in our soup!

Attached: 1478435961425.png (657x651, 30K)

What do you superset with compounds?

mirin
What program did you do?

Barbell Medicine 12-Week Strength

Do you actually do 2~3 hours workouts?

1.5 - 2 hours with 4 minute rest periods

You got a link to the pdf?
I did the Bridge from BBM and it was pretty good.

I want to believe

Variations of Squats and diddies for 1.5 hours.

Attached: 23167761_2032502656983496_7362283965071426809_n.png (242x206, 72K)

gotta confuse the muscle

Sry no link. Gotta be a good goyim and buy the template

>50 buckaroos for a template
I mean c'mon, is it that worthwhile?

Workout to stimulate not to annihilate

I-I do 8-9 exercises 10x3..

Attached: 1528619214838.gif (303x307, 1.24M)

>'Is there a waiter? Because we got some awesome FLIES in our soup!'

Attached: 1544959339747.jpg (226x223, 8K)

Holy fuck LMFAO

I did SS for my first year of training, and have made proper gains to build the rest of my regime off of. I have been lifting for 4 almost 5 years now, and lift more than most at my university gym
5'9 191lbs 21yrs
>365lb deadlift
>250lb bench
>275lb squat

have pic if need

SS without good accessory work is retarded. Doing it for more than several months is retarded. GOMAD is also retarded and will ensure bloatmaxing.

Attached: Untitled-1.jpg (1362x570, 181K)

Why are we getting all the good material for the SIR comic right after the new year?

Looks like someone wants to be featured on reddit.

>despite what the facts and decades of experience say, do what I say

>Beginners are like strawberry jam, the best ones have lots of FLIES!

Attached: 1474978111909.jpg (480x480, 16K)

what would be some good accessory excercises?

also SS consists of the 3-4 competitive lifts which should be the foundation for every bodybuilding routine.

Usually only do 2 Tbh

>People still claiming you have to do 1-5 rep maxes on heavy weight with 3-5 min of rest to get stronger
no no no no

/Ourtrainer/ Jeff said you can get strong in any rep range as long as the last reps are a struggle, you will gain strenght by doing 4x8 with 1.30-2 min of rest as long as you are actually struggling, people actually fucking taking advice of a fat fuck instead of a guy coaching professional athletes and looking like a hundred bucks

Attached: 283822632983.jpg (800x450, 52K)

>please be real

I usually do 5-6 exercises as a 4x8.

Attached: 1547926847013.jpg (1280x1673, 338K)

That's me except I do 3 reps and then leave

>believing Jeff
How does his dyel protégé look these days?

That guy could probably outrun 3/4 of Jow Forums, not everyone trains to look like a tank

I was told this is the incel board. Kinda seems true but its also gay. Is this incel refuge or gay stuff? I need a safe space to hide for 3 days and /b/ is fuckin terrible.

Jow Forums is for incels
Jow Forums is for autists who are also bad with women, but we lift to make them like us, while it actually just makes us appreciate the male form

I hope that helps

Jeff looks like he goes to a gym unlike 99.99% of the people posted here that hopped on the strength meme and just looks lke a typical regular chubby male with big ass thighs but twig arms.

yeah thanks, I haven't been here for years except for a couple boards. I'll go to r9k then, thanks fit bros. Your very sexy ;)

Attached: DigitalReasonableBlackpanther-size_restricted.gif (640x480, 1.26M)

based on what science?

How long do you lazy fucks actually rest lmao

>GOMAD is also retarded
my dad unironically did GOMAD and ate steak and eggs every day in his 20s and could bench 375 and behind the neck press 210 lb for reps.

does anyone have a link to practical programming 3rd edition pdf?

False

>Gains in 1RM strength were significantly greater in favor of high- vs. low-load training, whereas no significant differences were found for isometric strength between conditions. Changes in measures of muscle hypertrophy were similar between conditions. The findings indicate that maximal strength benefits are obtained from the use of heavy loads while muscle hypertrophy can be equally achieved across a spectrum of loading ranges.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28834797

lol i got this physique doing 3 exercises 3x5 every other day

Attached: FB_IMG_1520102700654.jpg (1080x1080, 40K)

gomad is the problem

He probably already posted it.

and he probably drew this himself as well.

read the fucking sticky lol

Lifting is literally all about
>consistency
>diet
>intensity
That is literally it

Attached: Screenshot_20190120-124248_Gallery.jpg (754x1338, 579K)

back to r*ddit, frogposters

>There are people on this board who never enter the gym

I don't have time to do more than 4.

I do squat 5x5, DL 1x5, OHP 5x5 and 12x3 FacePulls. I alternate the DL and OHP with Bench and Rows. Works for me.

It's literally all about genetics.

Partially true.

Attached: a53.jpg (500x333, 60K)

Why?

Routine?

something like

A

squat 3x5
bench 3x5
weighted pullup 3x5

b

deadlift 1x5
overheadpress 3x5
weighted chin 3x5

my best lift was a 210kg deadlift at 68kg bodyweight which was in that pic

68? You like much more heavier... What`s your height?
Good job. I am thinking about making my routine more minimalist, but i am afraid to not gain any size.

Of course you will not gain size. He's lying and trying to troll you.

175cm/5'9
i dont think natty can gain much size anyway
better of just focusing on strength

Attached: eF55olv.jpg (166x283, 8K)

Local 7 reporting in, senpai. Respeck.

this was me 1 yr ago at like 85kg on 500mg test and deca doing the same kind of routine
not as lean though

Attached: ergger.jpg (334x256, 40K)

you don't need more than a couple exercises. Everybody who spends all day at the gym is either stupid or a roiding bitch who lifts for aesthetics.

Starting Strength is fine for beginners. People mostly complain about muh aesthetics, muh missing isolation exercises, and muh stalling. It's a god damn strength program, it's only ment to build beginner strength and not make you into Zyzz. You'll look a bit retarded after 3 months, but then you can switch to a hypertrophy program and get what you want.
Learning the compound lifts properly is important whatever you want to do, and spending time and focusing on them instead of 5-6 isolation exercises is a no-brainer. The stalling is a problem though, other programs fix this by the AMRAP rule (As many reps as possible) on the last set, which works fine. I used to deload 10 % and do 3x8 instead of 3x5 to get some volume work when I deloaded, but that was my way of doing it and AMRAP works for a lot of people.

Bro..

Attached: 6AA10965-40C0-4D92-A37D-F54255AB595A.jpg (1439x1439, 97K)

>roiding for this

>500mg test and deca