What are some of the biggest lies in the fitness industry?

What are some of the biggest lies in the fitness industry?

Attached: 1547858439849.webm (640x640, 2.94M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_xsBVX_-CyM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

"Six weeks to get a sixpack"

Supplements

Fitness vbloggers who imply that they got in that shape using whichever product they're pushing when it's all just roids

so the only truth tellers are roid salesmen?
fucken knew it

Attached: 1503895544618.jpg (450x500, 26K)

1g of protein/lb of bw

I used to work at GNC for almost a year and a half.
Any new product that comes to the market that has less than 3 ingredients and ISN'T protein is a shill.

Ex: Nugenix Test Boosters, 60 bucks a pop but do virtually nothing.

Aminos from BPI or GNC or Cellucor are loaded with leucine, valine and isoleucine. But you can get more for your money with a different brand/loading with amino pills.

Fat burners do nothing besides surpress your appetite. Unless it's DNP.

Test Boosters in general are also a shill. They just hyperdose certain vitamins and minerals and package them to make them seem amazing.

All a test booster is:
Tribulus
Fenugreek
Maca Root
Sometimes Ashwaganda
Zinc
Vit D

You literally only benefit from the Zinc, and Vit D and miniscule amounts from the Tribulus and Fenugreek.
Boron however has been showed to improve Test production in men so that I will say buy on it's own. The only products sold that have that are stupidly expensive despite it being fairly cheap.

Fake natties obviously. There are so many faggots out there who're doing low dose cycles and pretend they are natty since it's damn near impossible to prove otherwise

Attached: 1534526448430.png (1000x1000, 77K)

big lean guys claiming natty

Everyone's going to make it

The insane amount of protein that you (((need))) 1g / lb body mass is absolutely monumental.

1g of protein for each 1kg of bw

If you're sub 15% body fat this is definitely feasible, but if not I'd still say about 7 in 10 people can get to abs in 16 weeks. If you're below 20% body fat, 16 weeks is enough to drop 10% of it.

I'll tell you a brief story about me.
>Be 33 years old
>Never having worked out in your life
>Decide that "fuck that" and want to get in better shape
>Fell for the personal trainer Jew
>Pay $1750 for 30 hours of supervised training
>First time we go through weighing, talk about goals etc..
>Mention that I would like to be fit like a soldier and wouldn't mind a sixpack since I never had it before
>She says "no worries, you'll have a sixpack in one month"
>Doubt.jpg
>Start off as a 22% body fat, 195 lbs, 6'2" skinny fat guy
>Get a new program every god damn week
>A lot of meme exercises
>No compound lifts
>Only got a general diet recommendation
>Fast forward 6 months
>18% body fat, no sixpack, TDEE is tracked and on par, lifts are still weak
>Buy into the Athlean-X meme.
>Fast forward 2 months
>Never been in better shape

TL;DR: Fuck personal trainers. They're overpaid rep counters, nothing more. Fuck 'em.

Based Jeff provides

At least his program is solid and keeps you honest. AX-1 even comes with a complete diet plan.

Attached: 1546299495001.png (420x678, 344K)

Hello dyels.

He's unironically great and advice is top notch, don't let anyone say otherwise

Still a meme tho

You've got the wrong trainer mate

to maximize results 1g per lb of bodyweight is a pretty good number, all animals eat around that level, why the living fuck should adult humans be any different

Hello victim of the bodybuilding industry. Carbs > protein when it's about building muscles.

This was her. Nice body.

Attached: 04+nyh+Maren+%25283+of+4%2529[1].jpg (480x320, 28K)

based

Should i get zinc tablets instead of ZMA?

Nah ZMA is pretty good. Depending on the brand though. Some are underdosed but a majority are pretty legit.

It's ZMA you basically know what you're getting. If anything just buy zinc and mag by itself and dose it on your own.

>female PT
Are you retarded?! Jesus Christ.

Read the greentext. I knew nothing when I started.

Incel.

>this
The moment you see a female PT who works with MEN is just a cash grab.

I've never seen a female PT do anything legit unless she herself is some IFBB Pro Female BB or a dyke.

I'd go with:
- supplementation (apart from creatine and up to a certain point)
- commercial/chain gym trainers
- most e-celeb online programs
- cardio classes (but it's a good excuse to stop being lazy)
- new year resolutions
- fake naturals
- anything on instagram apart from memes
- vegan/organic things
- crash diets
- home exercise equipment apart from what can you find in a regular gym

I agree with all of those but
>new year resolutions
I don't see this as a lie. I just think most people are just genuinely too cocky or overoptimistic about their ability to stick with it.

He’s everything you said but gets a little bit inventive in his do this not that videos trying to find the perfect angle to hit.
But he’s been my secret gem for years.

youtu.be/_xsBVX_-CyM

Lies and slander

Attached: C0390351-95FC-4C70-8514-9372F76AE896.jpg (750x750, 92K)

whats wrong with Cardio Classes and home exercise stuff?

This is accurate, you don't need more than .8lb/g while gaining weight and that only has marginal benefits over .6g/lb.

>Still a meme tho
A good meme.

Basically anything to do with who is on steroids or not. I feel like Omar Isuf might be the 'natty limit', maybe The Golden One if you're lucky. Everyone else is either on a cutting drug or on steroids if they look bigger.

I have to agree honestly, i remember when i started lifting and was obsessed with protein and was stallin hard, then i read somewhere that what you should eat is something like 50-60% carbs and the rest about half and half fat and protein for optimal hormonal profile, so i started eating more potatoes, rice and whole grain bread again, felt much better and could go harder in the gym

Lol lots of guys peddling roids are selling fake shit though

That's false and wrong for anyone besides a noob.

Dietary protein to maximize resistance training: a review and examination of protein spread and change theories

The “lay” recommendation to consume 1 g protein/lb of bodyweight/day (2.2 g/kg/day) while resistance training has pervaded for years. Nutrition professionals often deem this lay recommendation excessive and not supported by research. However, as this review shows, this “lay” recommendation aligns well with research that assesses applied outcome measures of strength and body composition in studies of duration>4 weeks

Depends where the sixpack starts, you could theoretically get the barely visible sixpack in even 1 week

Yeah,
50C/25F/25P for building muscle
25C/30F/45F for losing weight

Remember that you can take steroids and still be not THAT big too.

Especially with actors who live a Hollywood lifestyle of booze and coke and whatever else and then magically get into heartthrob shape after 12 weeks of training...yeah it's not just because they have a trainer and someone making meals

Yeah but not for most amerifats

fake natties
various supplements
"you need 1g/lb protein daily for gains! also make sure to use my code for a 10% discount for whey, goyim!"
lifting will make you alpha or cure your autism or magically hand you a girlfriend

Attached: htiler nope.jpg (1000x732, 65K)

Man it's kinda depressing seeing obviously natty youtubers like Omar Isuf,Vitruvian Physique and some others being not that impressive compared to other half-natty ones like Steve Cook . It's a bit disheartening .

I think I have conditioned my mind to have abnormal expectations cause of all the juiced guys I have been seeing EVEN when they claim they use steroids.

You do need 1g/lb a day or more for maximum gains unless you're a noob .

The “lay” recommendation to consume 1 g protein/lb of bodyweight/day (2.2 g/kg/day) while resistance training has pervaded for years. Nutrition professionals often deem this lay recommendation excessive and not supported by research. However, as this review shows, this “lay” recommendation aligns well with research that assesses applied outcome measures of strength and body composition in studies of duration>4 weeks

Attached: 1436266410131.png (298x279, 34K)

PT are only good if you pay for high end ones. Or if you're a fat fuck who can't do shit without someone babying you.

He said home stuff that you cant find in the gym. Like weird bubble bum burner machines from some teleshopping channel.

> That most supplements work
> That only specific routines get results
> That you don't need cardio

Supplements
Bodybuilders hiding they're hiding roids and selling dreams to naive people.

The fitness industry runs on speed and anabolics/testosterone.
This has been true since the time of sandow.

You have never in your entire life seen a natural pro, semi pro or amature high level athlete. Not ever. Not once.
Not in any single sport or physical endeavor you can name.

Ephedra and coffee burns fat. Period. It is the single greatest fat burning drug combination on the market and that is why it was taken down and that is why someone created the crystal meth formula and released it on the net when they were trying to make it illegal.

DNP works as well, but it's deadly poisonous.

You can't outrun a bad diet. People who claim oherwise have exercise programs and gym memberships and a bad diet to sell you.

Starvation mode is a myth. It's one created specifically to talk people into eating whatever shit diet they are thinking of.

Fasting works, intermittent fasting works, eat less works.
Eating less of anything works however it's used as way to talk the stupid into just eating less of the crap that made them sick in the first place.

People confuse becoming a low level athlete and high intensity training with becoming peak healthy and normal fitness.
None of that is needed

Sleep is so important that it defines everything about who you are and will be. You need it. Period. Less sleep means faster death and every single aspect of your life will be affected negatively.

Stimulants has ruined your ability to sense tiredness. The ridiculous notion of going hard all of the time = good and never stopping and resting because that is bad or you'll be one of those people is bullshit.
You have no idea what your natrual energy levels are and thus you are BLIND to how your body truly functions. You have no idea of how your body actually is. Being able to diagnose tiredness and energy levels and aches and pains are how you keep yoruself healthy.

>she
>personal trainer
you got shafted for a terrible deal

routine?

>you need to spend money to get fit
If anything, getting fit should save you money

>stop buying the shit that is fucking you up, drugs booze, cigs, junk food
>fix your sleep schedule, literally free
>body weight fitness at home, free
>cut fast food and learn to cook
>inb4 have to go to whole foods; sardines, organ meats, eggs and milk are cheaper than the shit you are buying now, fattie
All this before giving the fitness scam machine a penny

sticky this shit

as a personal trainer, I can totally confirm this. I get paid to count reps and shoot the shit with clients. The majority of people you'll have as a trainer however, are
>people who basically pay you to be their friend and hang out with them in a gym twice a week
>old people who need help existing and dont want to fall down the stairs
>rich housewives
that's about it. If you're a healthy to average male I'd avoid PT. If you're completely retarded about fitness and have no conception of how to use the internet to gather information, it might be for you

>be incel and pay female
>no progress
>buy into somehow respected professional personal trainer shit
>it actually works
>man fuck personal trainers!
Looks to me that you've just got memed for being a horny retard

Tribulus does shit for test prove me wrong without anecdotal evidence

This video was made by a brainlet who imagines how this how it's commercials are made. Not all of it's made of dangerous chemicals. And whipped cream does last enough to take a picture or short video

this actually worked for me back when I did it as a skinny fat 16 year old, but no way it would work for an average sedintary 30 year old starting from scratch

They will go the easiest way possible. Why bother getting whipped cream if you can just use shaving cream?

>Sleep is so important that it defines everything about who you are and will be. You need it. Period. Less sleep means faster death and every single aspect of your life will be affected negatively.

>have job starting at 6 and ending at 15
>gotta wake up best a bit before 5 to get ready (slow to get up)
>come home at 15:15
>should go sleep at 20 to have around 8 hours of sleep
Man, this sucks.